paulgoatallen

Re: New and Recommended

angelcloud529 wrote:

I am very upset, for some reason I can't get into "The Iron Hunt". :smileysad: I don't know what it is about the book, but it isn't catching me.  Is it just me???  I may be in a funk right now.   

The Iron Hunt (Hunter Kiss Series #1) 

Message Edited by angelcloud529 on 06-02-2009 11:02 PM

That is kind of surprising, angel.... I loved the The Iron Kiss – and we're featuring its sequel Darkness Calls in July.

Paul 

"There never can be a man so lost as one who is lost in the vast and intricate corridors of his own lonely mind, where none may reach and none may save..." – Isaac Asimov, Pebble in the Sky
Distinguished Wordsmith
angelcloud529
0 Kudos

paulgoatallen wrote:

angelcloud529 wrote:

I am very upset, for some reason I can't get into "The Iron Hunt". :smileysad: I don't know what it is about the book, but it isn't catching me.  Is it just me???  I may be in a funk right now.   

The Iron Hunt (Hunter Kiss Series #1) 

Message Edited by angelcloud529 on 06-02-2009 11:02 PM

That is kind of surprising, angel.... I loved the The Iron Kiss – and we're featuring its sequel Darkness Calls in July.

Paul 

It could be just me right now.  I am trying to juggle college and a move to Korea at the same time.  I haven't read it since Saturday, so I might try again tonight, maybe that will help.  I won't give up!!! :smileyhappy:
HELP! I've fallen and can't reach my book!!!!
Distinguished Bibliophile
TiggerBear
0 Kudos

[ Edited ]
Hey everybody,  "Blood Ties s1" was released on DVD this week.
Message Edited by TiggerBear on 06-04-2009 05:50 PM
Inspired Bibliophile
Nelsmom
0 Kudos

I have a question for anyone that may answer.  I have the 2nd, 4th and 5th Kerrelyn Sparks Love At Stake series and I was wondering if the books have to be read in order.  I got them from the used bookstore and those were the ones they had.  I would like to read them but won't until I get them all if they have to be read in order.  I also have a couple of Colby Hodge's books and got a Catherine Spangler book Star Fire.  I would appreciate any help I can get.

Toni

Toni L. Chapman
Everyone needs some Tender Loving Care
Inspired Wordsmith
FaeryQueen
0 Kudos

Nelsmom wrote:

I have a question for anyone that may answer.  I have the 2nd, 4th and 5th Kerrelyn Sparks Love At Stake series and I was wondering if the books have to be read in order.  I got them from the used bookstore and those were the ones they had.  I would like to read them but won't until I get them all if they have to be read in order.  

Toni - I would read the first book before starting the others, but after you get the basics of the world,you could read them out of order.   The main couple from a book will show up in future books, so you may not know who everyone is but I don't think you will miss anything critical.  Most of the books revolve around Roman and Shanna which is why I'd read the first one first.  Overall, it's a cute series with lots of funny bits.  I saw on some thread someone talking about a vampire dentist.  Well this series has one! :smileyhappy:

Contributor
bookfreak67
0 Kudos

city of bones is great and my all time favand the seires is complete the seconde book is city of hes the 3 is city of glass all of the were awesome you will find your self wanting to really know the characters and want to live in the world. I think any one can like this book and really get into it.

read it!

"And I'm suppose to sit by while you date boys and fall in love with someone else, get married...?" His voice tightened. "And meanwhile, I'll die a little bit more every day, watching."

city of glass
New User
BookwurmTK
0 Kudos

I have recently gotten hooked on the urban fantasy/paranormal stories and have read many of the authors mentioned in this thread, but was kind of surprised no one mentioned the Jim Butcher, Dresden files books. One of the few series in this sub/genre with a male lead character.

Inspired Wordsmith
lilithesque
0 Kudos

I agree his writing is great.  The reason I wouldn't post about him on this particular thread would be cause his book, rather than new and recommended are a genre standard and old favorite.  But I can see your point. 
Dude, Where's my book!
Distinguished Wordsmith
angelcloud529
0 Kudos

BookwurmTK wrote:

I have recently gotten hooked on the urban fantasy/paranormal stories and have read many of the authors mentioned in this thread, but was kind of surprised no one mentioned the Jim Butcher, Dresden files books. One of the few series in this sub/genre with a male lead character.

The Dresden Files books are mentioned a lot in the "What are you currently reading" Thread.  That is where I found them and added them to my never ending TBR pile. 

Frequent Contributor
Paranormal77
0 Kudos

paulgoatallen wrote:

Toni:

I loved Bone Crossed. It's my favorite Paranormal Fantasy release so far this year...

Paul 

I just finished reading this book as I have not had time to read it before now.  I loved this book.  Patricia Briggs is one of my favorite authors.  Do we have a thread that discusses just Patricia Briggs books?   I would love to discuss her series as well as Carrie Vaughn' s series as well.  If there is not one started for Patricia can we start one?

~Paranormal 77
"When you have eliminated the impossible, whatever remains, however improbable, must be the truth" - Sherlock Homes
Inspired Bibliophile
Nelsmom
0 Kudos

Paranormal77,

There is a thread for the Bone Crossed it is proably back a page or two because it was a featured book for March or April.   And we have talked about Carrie Vaughn's books off and on.

Toni

Toni L. Chapman
Everyone needs some Tender Loving Care
Distinguished Wordsmith
angelcloud529
0 Kudos

Nelsmom wrote:

Paranormal77,

There is a thread for the Bone Crossed it is proably back a page or two because it was a featured book for March or April.   And we have talked about Carrie Vaughn's books off and on.

Toni

I would love for there to be a Patricia Briggs thread.  I loved her Mercy Thompson series.  My fav!!!!!
paulgoatallen
0 Kudos

BookwurmTK wrote:

Bookwurm:

Welcome to Paranormal Fantasy Addicts Anonymous! You're definitely among friends here! Hey, if you're looking for paranormal fantasy with male leads, check out Charlie Huston's Joe Pitt novels, Mario Acevedo's Felix Gomez saga and J.F. Lewis' Void City sequence – all of these series are fantastic!

Paul 

"There never can be a man so lost as one who is lost in the vast and intricate corridors of his own lonely mind, where none may reach and none may save..." – Isaac Asimov, Pebble in the Sky
Distinguished Correspondent
ReaderGal74
0 Kudos

bookfreak67 wrote:

city of bones is great and my all time favand the seires is complete the seconde book is city of hes the 3 is city of glass all of the were awesome you will find your self wanting to really know the characters and want to live in the world. I think any one can like this book and really get into it.

read it!

I have these in my TBR pile.  They keep getting pushed back with the newer books that have been coming out from fav authors.  I will get to them eventually though :smileyhappy:
Books...Never leave home without them
Contributor
scjs4r
0 Kudos

A new book/author caught my eye while shopping at my local Barnes and Noble. I am always looking for new paranormal authors. Just finished

Necking by Chris Salvatore. I really enjoyed this book.

Wordsmith
PhyllisJ
0 Kudos

I saw that book several months ago and it also caught my eye, but I didn't pick it up that day.  Maybe I will go ahead and pick it up since you posted how much you enjoyed it.
Phyllis
paulgoatallen
0 Kudos

scjs4r wrote:

A new book/author caught my eye while shopping at my local Barnes and Noble. I am always looking for new paranormal authors. Just finished

Necking by Chris Salvatore. I really enjoyed this book.

Necking – interesting cover art. Very understated. Where was this book shelved, if I may ask?

Paul 

Contributor
scjs4r

In the romance section , but not with the new books, which usually shelved separately

Necking – interesting cover art. Very understated. Where was this book shelved, if I may ask?

Paul 

New User
DeeKay79
0 Kudos

I read In Blood and Worth Loving by Marilyn Lee its an ebook.. at redrosepublishing.com

Excellent Read.

its about a Vampire named Adrian and the redwolf clan.. well mostly about him.

Very good read.

It's been number 1 in the publishers Best sellers list since its release date.

I check things like that out.

Its a pretty good length at 250 plus pages.. I forget how many words..

But do check it out..

Oh and they RedRose Publishing has a contest this month too! For those of you who like to

win free signed print books and gift packages.

I have a few Eve Vaughans and Camille Anthonys too.. both are authors at this publisher..

I literally almost melted when i got my Iphone.. so that i can now read my books via the phone..

Anyhow..

let me know what you think.. and please recommend any other threads or communities on here..

Thanks

I love to read, Cause its the only way I will get a vacation!

http://sites.google.com/site/marilynleefanclub/
Inspired Wordsmith
LordRuthven
0 Kudos

Derek Tatum