Wordsmith
Chomp

New and Recommended

Greetings, all. I would like to propose that we use this thread (or something like it, anyway) to post suggestions of new books that we have enjoyed, rather than starting a new thread for every single book that we think is worthy of mention. Of course, some titles may generate enough interest for discussion so that another thread becomes necessary, but that doesn't always happen, and I thought it would be helpful to pare down some of the numbers, making it easier to sort through past threads.

Paul, if you don't like this suggestion, please feel free to delete it. 

Carol

So many books, so little time...
Inspired Contributor
osha341

Re: New and Recommended

Carol:  I read only paperback books so my list might be old to some of you but here goes:

ANDREWS, ILONA - MAGIC BITES - MAGIC BURNS - MAGIC STRIKES 3/09

ARMSTRONG, KELLEY - DIME STORE MAGIC - INDUSTRIAL MAGIC - NO HUMANS INVOLVED - BITTEN - HAUNTED - STOLEN - BROKEN

ARTHUR, KERI - CHASING THE SHADOWS - LIFE MATE CONNECTIONS ERYN - TEMPTING EVIL - DANGEROUS GAMES - EMBRACED BY DARKNESS - FULL MOON RISING - HEARTS OF DARKNESS - THE DARKEST KISS - KISSING SIN, DESTINYKILLS (MYTH & MAGIC #1) 10/08

BANGS, NINA - NIGHT BITES

BARTLETT, GERRY - REAL VAMPIRES: - HAVE CURVES - GET LUCKY - LIVE LARGE, REAL VAMPIRES DON'T DIET 1/09

BATTIS, JES - NIGHT CHILD

BLACK, JENNA - THE DEVIL INSIDE - The Devil You Know MORGAN 2 - THE DEVIL’S DUE MORGAN 11/08

BLAIR, ANNETTE - - KITCHEN WITCH - SCOT, WITCH , WARDROBE - MY FAVORITE WITCH - SEX & PSYCHIC WITCH - Never Been Witched, Feb 2009

BRIGGS, PATRICIA - ON THE PROWL - MOON CALL - BLOOD BOUND  - IRON KISSED 

CASSIDY, DAKOTA - THE ACCIDENTAL WEREWOLF - ACCIDENTALLY DEAD

DAVIDSON, MARY JANICE - UNDEAD UNWED - UNDEAD UNEMPLOYED - DERIK’S BANE - HELLO GORGEOUS - DEAD & LOVING IT - UNDEAD & UNWED - DEAD OVER HEELS - UNDEAD UNPOPULAR

- UNDEAD & UNAPPRECIATED - SWIMMING W/THE FISHES - SWIMMING WITHOUT A NET- UNDEAD & UNEASY - UNDEAD & UNWORTHY - UNDEAD & UNRETURNABLE - Fish Out of Water 11/08

DOUGLAS, CAROLE NELSON - DANCING WITH WEREWOLVES DELILAH STREET - Brimstone Kiss: Delilah Street 10/08

FEEHAN, CHRISTINE - DARK HUNTER - LOVER BEWARE - DANGEROUS TIDES - NIGHT GAME - HOT BLOODIED  

FOX, ANGIE - THE ACCIDENTAL DEMON SLAYER

GALENORN, YASMINE - GHOST OF A CHANCE - MURDER UNDER A MYSTIC MOON

GILMAN, LAURA ANNE OR LAURA GILMAN RETRIEVERS: - CURSE THE DARK - STAYING DEAD - BRING IT ON

HALLAWAY, TATE - TALL, DARK & DEAD - DEAD SEXY - ROMANCING THE DEAD

HAMILTON, LAURELL K. - Burnt offerings - The laughing corpse - Obsidian butterfly - Narcissus in chains - Blue moon - The killing dance - Bloody bones - The lunatic café - Circus of the damned - Guilty pleasures - A kiss of shadows - Caress of twilight - MICAH - INCUBUS DREAMS - THE HARLEQUIN - DANSE MACABRE - cerulean sins - MISTRAL’S KISS - Magic like heat across my skin - SEDUCED BY MOONLIGHT - A STROKE OF MIDNIGHT - STRANGE CANDY 

HARRIS, CHARLAINE - DEAD UNTIL DARK - LIVING DEAD IN DALLAS - CLUB DEAD - DEAD TO THE WORLD - GRAVE SIGHT - GRAVE SURPRISE - DEAD AS A DOORNAIL - ALL TOGETHER DEAD - DEFINITELY DEAD - FROM DEAD TO WORSE 3/09 - An Ice Cold Grave LIST 10/08

HARRISON, KIM - DEAD WITCH WALKING - THE GOOD BAD & UNDEAD - EVERY WHICH WAY BUT DEAD - A FISTFULL OF CHARMS - FOR A FEW DEMONS MORE

KITTREDGE, CAITLIN - NIGHT LIGHT LIFE 

KNIGHT, ANGELA - MASTER OF THE NIGHT - SEDUCTION’S GIFT - MASTER OF WOLVES - HOT BLOODED - MASTER OF THE MOON - OVER THE MOON 

KRINARD, SUSAN - KINSMAN’S OATH - TO TAME A WOLF - LORD OF THE BEASTS 

LAURENSTON, SHELLY - PACK CHALLENGE

LIU, MAJORIE M. - SHADOW TOUCH - THE IRON HUNT

MACALISTER, KATIE - EVEN VAMPIRES GET THE BLUES - A GIRLS GUIDE TO VAMPIRES - SEX, LIES & VAMPIRES - SEX & THE SINGLE VAMPIRE - JUST ONE SIP -YOU SLAY ME - THE LAST OF THE RED HOT VAMPIRES - PLAYING WITH FIRE - Light My Fire - Fire Me Up - Holy Smokes - Up in Smoke 10/08 

MARSH, KATE - Ghost of a Chance

MCCARTHY, ERIN - DATE W/ THE OTHER SIDE - HIGH STAKES - BIT THE JACKPOT - BLED DRY - SUCKER BET - Fallen

PETTERSSON, VICKI - SCENT OF SHADOWS - THE TASTE OF NIGHT - THE TOUCH OF TWILIGHT

- CITY OF SOULS, SUMMER 09

RARDIN, JENNIFER - ONCE BITTEN, TWICE SHY - ANOTHER BIT’S THE DUST - BITING THE BULLET 0 BITTEN TO DEATH - One More Bite 1/09

RAYE, KIMBERLY  - DEAD END DATING

ROWEN, MICHELLE - BITTEN & SMITTEN - FANGED & FABULOUS - LADY & THE VAMP

RUSSE, SAVANNAH DARKWING:  - BEYOND THE PALE - PAST REDEMPTION - IN THE BLOOD - BENEATH THE SKIN - UNDER DARKNESS

SAINTCROW, LILTH - 1 NIGHT SHIFT 

SANDS, LYNSAY - A BITE TO REMEMBER - A QUICK BITE - SINGLE WHITE VAMPIRE - LOVE BITES

- BITE ME IF YOU CAN - TALL, DARK & HUNGRY - VAMPIRES ARE FOREVER - THE ACCIDENTAL VAMPIRE - VAMPIRE INTERRUPTED = THE ROGUE HUNTER 10/08 - The Immortal Hunter 3/09

SHAYNE, MAGGIE - AWAITING MOONRISE - BLUE TWILIGHT - TWILIGHT BEGINS - EDGE OF TWILIGHT

- EMBRACE THE TWILIGHT - TWILIGHT HUNGER - PRINCE OF TWILIGHT - DARKER THAN MIDNIGHT

- MOON FEVER - AN ENCHANTED SEASON - BORN IN TWILIGHT - WILD THING - SHEER PLEASURE - DEMON’S KISS - LOVERS BITES - NIGHT’S EDGE 
- Angle's Pain 10/08 - BLOODLINE 5/09

SPARKS, KERRELYN - HOW TO MARRY A MILLIONAIRE VAMPIRE - VAMPS & THE CITY - THE UNDEAD NEXT DOOR - BE STILL MY VAMPIRE HEART - ALL I WANT FOR CHRISTMAS IS A VAMPIRE 10/28 - SECRET LIFE OF A VAMPIRE 4/09

WALKER, SHILOH - THROUGH THE VEIL - HUNTER’S SALVATION - HUNTING THE HUNTER

WARREN, CHRISTINE - WOLF AT THE DOOR - WALK ON THE WILD SIDE - ONE BITE WITH A STRANGER LIST 9/08

WELDON, PHAEDRA - SPECTRE  

WILKS, EILEEN - TEMPTING DANGER - MORTAL DANGER

WISDOM, LINDA - 50 WAYS TO HEX YOUR LOVER - HEX APPEAL 11/08

YORK, REBECCA
- CRIMSON MOON - WITCHING MOON - EDGE OF THE MOON - KILLING MOON

- BEYOND CONTROL - SHADOW OF THE MOON - NEW MOON - BEYOND FEARLESS

I hope Paul doesn't delete this cause it took me awhile to cut, paste and then clean it up.  Check my thread for anthologies.

Lindy...
Powerful Women's Motto: Live your life in such a way that when your feet hit the floor in the morning, Satan shudders and says... "Oh sh_t...she's awake!!'
Inspired Bibliophile
Nelsmom
0 Kudos

[ Edited ]

osha341,

Great list with a nice mix.  I would add Anna Windsor's trilogy; Bound By Shadow, Bound By Flame, and Bound By Light.  I also would add Caitlin Kittredge's second novel Pure Blood. And I would also say Tara Gryphon's series; Key to Conflict, Key To Conspiracy, and Key To Redemption.  I know that there are others but those are a few of the new ones I have read or soon will be reading.  I can't forget Chris Marie Green and her novel Breaking Dawn.  I would also add Chris Howard's Seaborn that came out in July. 

Toni

Message Edited by Nelsmom on 09-14-2008 11:21 PM
Toni L. Chapman
Everyone needs some Tender Loving Care
paulgoatallen
0 Kudos

Carol:

Great idea. This way we can rip through a whole season's worth of releases and gauge their quality and/or readability through our crew's opinions.  Let's have at it: my first suggestion would be to read Cherie Priest's newest, Fathom, when it comes out in December. It's a standalone novel and has nothing to do with her Eden Moore saga. It's much darker and decidedly Lovecraftian – I loved it! 

Paul 

"There never can be a man so lost as one who is lost in the vast and intricate corridors of his own lonely mind, where none may reach and none may save..." – Isaac Asimov, Pebble in the Sky
Wordsmith
Chomp
0 Kudos

paulgoatallen wrote:

Carol:

Great idea. This way we can rip through a whole season's worth of releases and gauge their quality and/or readability through our crew's opinions.  Let's have at it: my first suggestion would be to read Cherie Priest's newest, Fathom, when it comes out in December. It's a standalone novel and has nothing to do with her Eden Moore saga. It's much darker and decidedly Lovecraftian – I loved it! 

Paul 

Paul, I think Fathom would be a great choice for December (book release date 11/25, from what I can see).

Carol

paulgoatallen
0 Kudos

Chomp wrote:

paulgoatallen wrote:

Carol:

Paul 

Paul, I think Fathom would be a great choice for December (book release date 11/25, from what I can see).

Carol

Carol:

Yeah, it's my #1 choice for December – especially since the last time Cherie was here, I realized just how many fans she has.  And it's a standalone AND completely different from her previous stuff so I'm really hoping I get get Miss Priest to come back and talk about Fathom. That would be such a cool way to do December! 

Paul 

"There never can be a man so lost as one who is lost in the vast and intricate corridors of his own lonely mind, where none may reach and none may save..." – Isaac Asimov, Pebble in the Sky
Wordsmith
Chomp
0 Kudos

paulgoatallen wrote:

Chomp wrote:

paulgoatallen wrote:

Carol:

Paul 

Carol

Carol:

Yeah, it's my #1 choice for December – especially since the last time Cherie was here, I realized just how many fans she has.  And it's a standalone AND completely different from her previous stuff so I'm really hoping I get get Miss Priest to come back and talk about Fathom. That would be such a cool way to do December! 

Paul 

Well, Paul, I'm sure you'll be able to convince Cherie to stop by. :smileyhappy:

Carol

Inspired Wordsmith
LordRuthven
0 Kudos

Chelsea Quinn Yarbro, A Dangerous Climate - Sept. 30
Derek Tatum
paulgoatallen

LordRuthven wrote:
Chelsea Quinn Yarbro, A Dangerous Climate - Sept. 30

Weird, Derek, this exact book is staring in the face right now (well, the ARC, any way). Is this a message from God? Let's definitely start a thread on CQY – I grew up with CQY being considered the Queen of the genre. I think a lot of the "youngsters" here may have never read her before and that's a shame because her stuff – especially her early work – is amazing. 

Paul 

Author
KatRichardson
0 Kudos

Oo! CQY!  yeah!

(and Cherie of course, but we all know I adore Cherie)

Kat Richardson
http://katrichardson.com/
Wordsmith
Chomp
0 Kudos

Is anyone out there familiar with Cameron Dean? If so, what do you think?

Carol

New User
NikkiMama
0 Kudos

I laughed when I read your post, I just picked up and started reading Cameron Dean's Passionate Thirst...I have only read about 3 chapters but it has caught my interest.  Have you read it?

Thank you VERY much Osha341 for posting that list of books, I will have to see if my library has some of them : )

~*Reading the nights away....until morning's reality takes over*~
Wordsmith
Chomp
0 Kudos

NikkiMama wrote:

I laughed when I read your post, I just picked up and started reading Cameron Dean's Passionate Thirst...I have only read about 3 chapters but it has caught my interest.  Have you read it?

Thank you VERY much Osha341 for posting that list of books, I will have to see if my library has some of them : )

Nikki, sorry I forgot to answer this before. No, I haven't read Cameron Dean yet, but have a couple of her books on my creaking tbr shelves.

Carol

Wordsmith
PhyllisJ
0 Kudos

Thanks for the list.  I have read a lot of the these books and have some of them on my TBR shelves and some of them I have been intending to get or to read.  It is always fun to find new books to read.  Thanks for sharing.  :smileyhappy:
Phyllis
Inspired Contributor
osha341
0 Kudos

Your very welcome!!!  I've got more to add on when I get my newest box of books in the mail.  For my anniversary, my husband did ask what I wanted, I got a gift card for B&N.  Spent 4 hours online picking up new authors and a ton of books are on order.  Not enough hours in the day to read them all but sure look forward to them all.

PhyllisJ wrote:
Thanks for the list.  I have read a lot of the these books and have some of them on my TBR shelves and some of them I have been intending to get or to read.  It is always fun to find new books to read.  Thanks for sharing.  :smileyhappy:

Lindy...
Powerful Women's Motto: Live your life in such a way that when your feet hit the floor in the morning, Satan shudders and says... "Oh sh_t...she's awake!!'
Wordsmith
PhyllisJ
0 Kudos

Osha341 wrote--Your very welcome!!!  I've got more to add on when I get my newest box of books in the mail.  For my anniversary, my husband did ask what I wanted, I got a gift card for B&N.  Spent 4 hours online picking up new authors and a ton of books are on order.  Not enough hours in the day to read them all but sure look forward to them all.

Sounds like my kind of fun.  I love to read and when I am not reading, browsing and looking for new books to read online or in a bookstore is so much fun.  Enjoy your new books and Happy Anniversary.

Phyllis
Inspired Bibliophile
Nelsmom
0 Kudos

[ Edited ]

Has anyone read Natasha Rhodes books Dante's Girl and The Last Angel?  I have got Dante's Girl and have started reading it and so far like it.  It is Darker than what I am use to so those that like the Darker Fantasy would proably like this series.  I know that she has a third book in the series that is to come out next year.

Toni

Message Edited by Nelsmom on 10-21-2008 10:31 PM
Toni L. Chapman
Everyone needs some Tender Loving Care
Frequent Contributor
rowenacherry
0 Kudos

Wow! Fabulous list!!
Rowena Cherry
Heroines get more (hero) than they bargain for...
http://www.rowenacherry.com

"entertaining, elegantly written" ~ Robin Wayne Bailey
Wordsmith
Chomp
0 Kudos

Nelsmom wrote:

Has anyone read Natasha Rhodes books Dante's Girl and The Last Angel?  I have got Dante's Girl and have started reading it and so far like it.  It is Darker than what I am use to so those that like the Darker Fantasy would proably like this series.  I know that she has a third book in the series that is to come out next year.

Toni

Message Edited by Nelsmom on 10-21-2008 10:31 PM

As is often the case with the books you ask about, Toni, I have this book but have not yet read it. Given your comments in the other thread, perhaps I'll wait a bit longer. :smileyhappy:

Carol

Inspired Wordsmith
LordRuthven
0 Kudos

Nelsmom wrote:

It is Darker than what I am use to

I'm intrigued. I have seen those two books, but haven't had much incentive to check them out. But if they are darker than usual, I might enjoy them.

Derek Tatum