Since 1997, you’ve been coming to BarnesandNoble.com to discuss everything from Stephen King to writing to Harry Potter. You’ve made our site more than a place to discover your next book: you’ve made it a community. But like all things internet, BN.com is growing and changing. We've said goodbye to our community message boards—but that doesn’t mean we won’t still be a place for adventurous readers to connect and discover.

Now, you can explore the most exciting new titles (and remember the classics) at the Barnes & Noble Book Blog. Check out conversations with authors like Jeff VanderMeer and Gary Shteyngart at the B&N Review, and browse write-ups of the best in literary fiction. Come to our Facebook page to weigh in on what it means to be a book nerd. Browse digital deals on the NOOK blog, tweet about books with us,or self-publish your latest novella with NOOK Press. And for those of you looking for support for your NOOK, the NOOK Support Forums will still be here.

We will continue to provide you with books that make you turn pages well past midnight, discover new worlds, and reunite with old friends. And we hope that you’ll continue to tell us how you’re doing, what you’re reading, and what books mean to you.

Reply
Scribe
SciFiCanuck
Posts: 2,075
Registered: ‎03-18-2008

On Midnight Wings by Adrian Phoenix - The wait continues....

Soooooooo I had this on my to-buy list for February...when I checked it, the date now says October 2013.  I am dying man....DYING!!  I have waited so long to read this book as I'm sure a few others can also attest.  :-(  I know she was sick and out of commission for a while (Adrian)...  I hope things are okay.

 

 

On Midnight Wings: Book Five of The Maker's Song

My name is Teresa, and I'm a bookaholic
Current book(s): Labyrinth of Stars (Hunter Kiss #5) by Marjorie M. Liu
Just finished: The Undead Pool by Kim Harrison (The Hollows #12)
Author
Adrian_Phoenix
Posts: 151
Registered: ‎11-19-2008

Re: On Midnight Wings by Adrian Phoenix - The wait continues....

My apologies for the long wait! I can't tell you how much I appreciate your patience and support. I'm doing much better now and am working on book 6 of The Maker's Song along with the third Hoodoo book and the first Sons of Darkness book. My goal is to make sure you NEVER have to wait that long for a book of mine again.

 

Hugs!!!

www.adrianphoenix.com/blog
Moderator
paulgoatallen
Posts: 7,327
Registered: ‎08-16-2007

Re: On Midnight Wings by Adrian Phoenix - The wait continues....


Adrian_Phoenix wrote:

My apologies for the long wait! I can't tell you how much I appreciate your patience and support. I'm doing much better now and am working on book 6 of The Maker's Song along with the third Hoodoo book and the first Sons of Darkness book. My goal is to make sure you NEVER have to wait that long for a book of mine again.

 

Hugs!!!


...speechless...

 

"There never can be a man so lost as one who is lost in the vast and intricate corridors of his own lonely mind, where none may reach and none may save..." – Isaac Asimov, Pebble in the Sky
Inspired Wordsmith
MADIS
Posts: 302
Registered: ‎02-27-2009
0 Kudos

Re: On Midnight Wings by Adrian Phoenix - The wait continues....


Adrian_Phoenix wrote:

My apologies for the long wait! I can't tell you how much I appreciate your patience and support.  My goal is to make sure you NEVER have to wait that long for a book of mine again.

 

Hugs!!!


I am so happy to hear you are feeling better.  I am very excited to read the next books!  Just for the record, your apologies are not necessary.  Your long term health is more important than my right now need for entertainment, no matter how big a fan I am.  Take care of yourself first, your fans will wait!  Thanks for giving us the Song Maker Series!

Scribe
SciFiCanuck
Posts: 2,075
Registered: ‎03-18-2008

Re: On Midnight Wings by Adrian Phoenix - The wait continues....


Adrian_Phoenix wrote:

My apologies for the long wait! I can't tell you how much I appreciate your patience and support. I'm doing much better now and am working on book 6 of The Maker's Song along with the third Hoodoo book and the first Sons of Darkness book. My goal is to make sure you NEVER have to wait that long for a book of mine again.

 

Hugs!!!


Adrian!!  :-D 

 

There you are!  I am so glad you stopped in to give us an update and I'm SO glad you are doing well.  Sorry I don't mean to be bitchy, lol!  Just wondering if anyone heard anything from you.  This is such a treat for us.  :-)  Not many authors would stop in to chat with their fans!  Wow 3 books, sounds like you are a busy lady.  Thanks so much for the update and take care.  Looking forward to all your upcoming books!  Whoop!

 

Hugs back!!

My name is Teresa, and I'm a bookaholic
Current book(s): Labyrinth of Stars (Hunter Kiss #5) by Marjorie M. Liu
Just finished: The Undead Pool by Kim Harrison (The Hollows #12)
Author
Adrian_Phoenix
Posts: 151
Registered: ‎11-19-2008

Re: On Midnight Wings by Adrian Phoenix - The wait continues....

I appreciate the concern, Teresa, and the well wishes. (And you didn't sound bitchy, just worried--not that I blame you!) Thanks so much to Paul and Madis too!

 

I'm always happy to drop in and chat. I just get so busy I don't always find the time, but that's something I'm going to work on. I love being here and hanging out with y'all. :smileyhappy:

www.adrianphoenix.com/blog
Inspired Wordsmith
MADIS
Posts: 302
Registered: ‎02-27-2009
0 Kudos

Re: On Midnight Wings by Adrian Phoenix - The wait continues....


SciFiCanuck wrote:

Sorry I don't mean to be bitchy, lol! 

I just want to make sure that you know I was not directing any crabbiness at you.  You post is what let me know that Adrian was sick, so I checked her website to see what was up.  It was after reading some of the comments posted there that pissed me off.  I can definitely be bitchy sometimes, but that was not my intent here.  I thought your post was kind and concerned.  Sorry if I made you think otherwise.

Scribe
SciFiCanuck
Posts: 2,075
Registered: ‎03-18-2008
0 Kudos

Re: On Midnight Wings by Adrian Phoenix - The wait continues....


MADIS wrote:

SciFiCanuck wrote:

Sorry I don't mean to be bitchy, lol! 

I just want to make sure that you know I was not directing any crabbiness at you.  You post is what let me know that Adrian was sick, so I checked her website to see what was up.  It was after reading some of the comments posted there that pissed me off.  I can definitely be bitchy sometimes, but that was not my intent here.  I thought your post was kind and concerned.  Sorry if I made you think otherwise.


Hey no worries!  I didn't take it that way at all.  :-)  I was hoping maybe someone might know what was happenining and even better Adrian popped in herself!  I didn't know about the comments on her website...I hope people were not mean. 

 

I think I'll have to re-read the last book though, lol.  There are so many people involved it's hard to keep track of who's who and who's doing what.  :-)  I do, however...remember what happened at the very end!!

My name is Teresa, and I'm a bookaholic
Current book(s): Labyrinth of Stars (Hunter Kiss #5) by Marjorie M. Liu
Just finished: The Undead Pool by Kim Harrison (The Hollows #12)
Inspired Wordsmith
MADIS
Posts: 302
Registered: ‎02-27-2009
0 Kudos

Re: On Midnight Wings by Adrian Phoenix - The wait continues....


SciFiCanuck wrote:

MADIS wrote:

SciFiCanuck wrote:

Sorry I don't mean to be bitchy, lol! 

I just want to make sure that you know I was not directing any crabbiness at you.  You post is what let me know that Adrian was sick, so I checked her website to see what was up.  It was after reading some of the comments posted there that pissed me off.  I can definitely be bitchy sometimes, but that was not my intent here.  I thought your post was kind and concerned.  Sorry if I made you think otherwise.


Hey no worries!  I didn't take it that way at all.  :-)  I was hoping maybe someone might know what was happenining and even better Adrian popped in herself!  I didn't know about the comments on her website...I hope people were not mean. 

 

I think I'll have to re-read the last book though, lol.  There are so many people involved it's hard to keep track of who's who and who's doing what.  :-)  I do, however...remember what happened at the very end!!


I agree that a re-reading is in order.  I always think I am going to do it when new books in a series come out, but that rarely happens.  I will have to make a bigger effort with this one!

Wordsmith
3monstersmom
Posts: 871
Registered: ‎03-04-2009
0 Kudos

Re: On Midnight Wings by Adrian Phoenix - The wait continues....

Good things come to those who wait.  :smileywink:

 

 

But of course no one said patience had to be graceful and without begging....

 

 

Looking forward to the new books and wishing Adrian good health.  :smileyhappy:

Scribe
SciFiCanuck
Posts: 2,075
Registered: ‎03-18-2008

Re: On Midnight Wings by Adrian Phoenix - The wait continues....

AAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHH!  SEPTEMBER 24TH PEOPLE!!!!

 

On Midnight Wings: Book Five of The Maker's Song

My name is Teresa, and I'm a bookaholic
Current book(s): Labyrinth of Stars (Hunter Kiss #5) by Marjorie M. Liu
Just finished: The Undead Pool by Kim Harrison (The Hollows #12)
Scribe
SciFiCanuck
Posts: 2,075
Registered: ‎03-18-2008
0 Kudos

Re: On Midnight Wings by Adrian Phoenix - The wait continues....

They have ONE copy at the bookstore!!  I need to get it before its gone!!!!!!!!

My name is Teresa, and I'm a bookaholic
Current book(s): Labyrinth of Stars (Hunter Kiss #5) by Marjorie M. Liu
Just finished: The Undead Pool by Kim Harrison (The Hollows #12)
Author
Adrian_Phoenix
Posts: 151
Registered: ‎11-19-2008

Re: On Midnight Wings by Adrian Phoenix - The wait continues....

Yikes! We've got a giveaway happening that ends on 9/30 at Yummy Men & Kick Ass Chicks. I'll also be doing a giveaway on my website.

 

I found out that there was a warehouse glitch at the publisher's and that several titles (including mine) didn't go out to various locations when they were supoosed to. I didn't even receive my author copies. Not a good thing to have happen. Hopefully, it won't affect sales too much.

 

 

www.adrianphoenix.com/blog
Scribe
SciFiCanuck
Posts: 2,075
Registered: ‎03-18-2008
0 Kudos

Re: On Midnight Wings by Adrian Phoenix - The wait continues....


Adrian_Phoenix wrote:

Yikes! We've got a giveaway happening that ends on 9/30 at Yummy Men & Kick Ass Chicks. I'll also be doing a giveaway on my website.

 

I found out that there was a warehouse glitch at the publisher's and that several titles (including mine) didn't go out to various locations when they were supoosed to. I didn't even receive my author copies. Not a good thing to have happen. Hopefully, it won't affect sales too much.

 

 


Adrian!!  :smileyhappy:  How are you doing?? 

 

Boy what can happen next eh?  :smileyfrustrated:  Hopefully things will get back on track!   I managed to snag that book so I am HA-PPY!!  Looking forward to reading it!!

 

Teresa

My name is Teresa, and I'm a bookaholic
Current book(s): Labyrinth of Stars (Hunter Kiss #5) by Marjorie M. Liu
Just finished: The Undead Pool by Kim Harrison (The Hollows #12)
Author
Adrian_Phoenix
Posts: 151
Registered: ‎11-19-2008
0 Kudos

Re: On Midnight Wings by Adrian Phoenix - The wait continues....

I'm doing well, Teresa, thanks!! I hope you are too! I also hope you enjoy the read. :smileyhappy:

www.adrianphoenix.com/blog
Scribe
SciFiCanuck
Posts: 2,075
Registered: ‎03-18-2008
0 Kudos

Re: On Midnight Wings by Adrian Phoenix - The wait continues....


Adrian_Phoenix wrote:

I'm doing well, Teresa, thanks!! I hope you are too! I also hope you enjoy the read. :smileyhappy:


Oh I KNOW I will!  :smileyvery-happy:

My name is Teresa, and I'm a bookaholic
Current book(s): Labyrinth of Stars (Hunter Kiss #5) by Marjorie M. Liu
Just finished: The Undead Pool by Kim Harrison (The Hollows #12)
Wordsmith
Chomp
Posts: 1,241
Registered: ‎10-19-2006
0 Kudos

Re: On Midnight Wings by Adrian Phoenix - The wait continues....

Welcome back, Adrian!

 

Here's the link to my review of the book at Bitten by Books:

 

http://bittenbybooks.com/65492/on-midnight-wings-by-adrian-phoenix/

 

Carol

So many books, so little time...
Scribe
SciFiCanuck
Posts: 2,075
Registered: ‎03-18-2008
0 Kudos

Re: On Midnight Wings by Adrian Phoenix - The wait continues....

AAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH another cliff-hanger ending!!!!!!   I am going to loose my mind!!!

 

LOL

 

Please tell me the next book is coming out....maybe...before Christmas???  :smileyvery-happy:  

My name is Teresa, and I'm a bookaholic
Current book(s): Labyrinth of Stars (Hunter Kiss #5) by Marjorie M. Liu
Just finished: The Undead Pool by Kim Harrison (The Hollows #12)
Author
Adrian_Phoenix
Posts: 151
Registered: ‎11-19-2008
0 Kudos

Re: On Midnight Wings by Adrian Phoenix - The wait continues....

Thanks so much for the awesome review, Carol!!

www.adrianphoenix.com/blog
Author
Adrian_Phoenix
Posts: 151
Registered: ‎11-19-2008
0 Kudos

Re: On Midnight Wings by Adrian Phoenix - The wait continues....

I apologize for the cliff hanger, Teresa. Book 6 will be out next fall and will be a bit of a crossover with the Hoodoo books. :smileyhappy:

www.adrianphoenix.com/blog