Since 1997, you’ve been coming to BarnesandNoble.com to discuss everything from Stephen King to writing to Harry Potter. You’ve made our site more than a place to discover your next book: you’ve made it a community. But like all things internet, BN.com is growing and changing. We've said goodbye to our community message boards—but that doesn’t mean we won’t still be a place for adventurous readers to connect and discover.

Now, you can explore the most exciting new titles (and remember the classics) at the Barnes & Noble Book Blog. Check out conversations with authors like Jeff VanderMeer and Gary Shteyngart at the B&N Review, and browse write-ups of the best in literary fiction. Come to our Facebook page to weigh in on what it means to be a book nerd. Browse digital deals on the NOOK blog, tweet about books with us,or self-publish your latest novella with NOOK Press. And for those of you looking for support for your NOOK, the NOOK Support Forums will still be here.

We will continue to provide you with books that make you turn pages well past midnight, discover new worlds, and reunite with old friends. And we hope that you’ll continue to tell us how you’re doing, what you’re reading, and what books mean to you.

Scribe
SciFiCanuck
0 Kudos

Re: Paranormal romance

I think Sailor's got enough now to last her a few years, LOL!  I could offer my book list as well, hehehe.   It's like 7 or 8 pages long now I think!  :-)
My name is Teresa, and I'm a bookaholic
Current book(s): Labyrinth of Stars (Hunter Kiss #5) by Marjorie M. Liu
Just finished: The Undead Pool by Kim Harrison (The Hollows #12)
Contributor
scjs4r
0 Kudos

You might enjoy Necking by Chris Salvatore
New User
hrmherron

I highly recommend the Night Huntress Series by J. Frost. I read them in just a few days and fell in love.

Halfway to the Grave (Night Huntress Series #1)  

I am starting the first book in the Black Dagger Brotherhood tonight.

Wordsmith
PhyllisJ
0 Kudos

I agree they are awesome books.
Phyllis
Inspired Contributor
jlrouse
0 Kudos

Sailor wrote:
I am looking for a good paranormal romance book. I have finished the sookie stackhouse series by Charlaine Harris and the twilight series by Stephanie Meyer. If you have any suggestions please let me know.

This is my absolute favorite genre!  I'd recommend the "Black Dagger Brotherhood" series by JR Ward, Sherrilyn Kenyon's "Dark-Hunter" series, anything by Karen Marie Moning, Christina Dodd's "Darkness Chosen" series, Kresley Cole's "Immortals After Dark" series, and last but definitely not least, Lora Leigh's "Breed" series.  I don't know what kind of romance you like, so Lora Leigh might be a little too steamy for you :smileywink:.

New User
pnlover1
0 Kudos

I 100% agree....LOVED Jeanine Frost's Night Huntress (Cat & Bones) series and am just about finished the most recent novel of the saga, "Destined for an Early Grave".  Like J.R. Ward's BDB books, I have been reading so many of these types of books and cannot get enough of them.  Definitely should read this series.  :smileyhappy:

Scribe
SciFiCanuck
0 Kudos

pnlover1 wrote:

I 100% agree....LOVED Jeanine Frost's Night Huntress (Cat & Bones) series and am just about finished the most recent novel of the saga, "Destined for an Early Grave".  Like J.R. Ward's BDB books, I have been reading so many of these types of books and cannot get enough of them.  Definitely should read this series.  :smileyhappy:

I agree...Destined for an Early Grave was fabulous as usual!!  Totally gut wrenching in parts though!

Sooooooooooooooo many great books kicking around for this genre.  :-)  I think it's totally taking off now because of the whole Twilight saga.

My name is Teresa, and I'm a bookaholic
Current book(s): Labyrinth of Stars (Hunter Kiss #5) by Marjorie M. Liu
Just finished: The Undead Pool by Kim Harrison (The Hollows #12)
Frequent Contributor
yellowstone
0 Kudos

Do you just want romance or would you like a little mystery thrown in for good measure? I'm the author of Chrysalis - The Awakening. Book one in my series. It's a face pace read at 600 pages and very good, but don't just take my word. Visit my website and see what others have said or read the reviews on amazon.

5 Stars! “Hey, everybody needs a little magic in their lives--you know, clans of vampires, a few werewolves, a giant or two, witches, elves, and wizards--Oh My! Seriously, readers, if you love fantasy, then you will indeed enjoy Chrysalis: The Awakening by M. L. Lacy!’ - Book Reviewers - 

M.L. Lacy has written a powerful fantasy novel with “Chrysalis: The Awakening.” Incorporating a variety of magical elements into her story makes it a very enjoyable escape. Underlying the drama of having to save the world, there is also a deeper theme for the heroine. Bree’s human experiences have taught her to value her humanity. Even as she is beginning the process of becoming a very powerful immortal, a Chosen One, Bree still has to reconcile her human values with her new 

understanding of immortal values. I found this aspect of the story to be extremely interesting and well written. I truly enjoyed this novel and highly recommend it. I look forward to reading the continuing series.” - Reader Views -

http://web.me.com/m.l.lacy/ML_Lacy_Official_Web_Site/Welcome.html

Chrysalis - The Awakening  

Author
KatRichardson

I know this may be bad form, because the book isn't actually out yet, but...Tempest Rising by Nicole Peeler is looking pretty good for a fun straddle on the paranormal romance/urban fantasy line. It's coming out November 1. Alas, no, I haven't had time to read it, but Nicole is a total scream to chat with, so I'm betting on a fun read from her--she's also a professor of English Lit, so she's no slouch in craft/knowledge end of the game.
Kat Richardson
http://katrichardson.com/
Contributor
Nascarchick_96_88_14
0 Kudos

Lora Leigh totally rocks with The Breed series.  Also there's Christine Warren with the Others series.  Iris Johansen isn't quite paranormal romance but some of the novels that tie into her Eve Duncan series introduce characters with paranormal features such as a character that can read minds and another that can see the history of a place if there is strong emotion tied to it to the point where it affects her physically.

If your looking for hot and steamy try Crystal Jordan or check out ellora's cave they publish erotic fiction and have a ton of paranormal books.

Distinguished Correspondent
emmagrace
0 Kudos

JR Ward's Black Dagger Brotherhood series is a pretty good one. I really like Christine Feehan has some pretty good books as well. The House of Night series by PC Cast is a decent series.
New User
DebiFL
0 Kudos

This is the first time I have responded to the book clubs, but as I was scanning through the postings I did see someone ask for a good series to read.  I can totally recommend Sherrilyn Kenyon's - Dark Hunter Series.  It is fantastic A++++.  Start with Fantasy Lover and Night Pleasure and then keep going until you hit Acheron which was incredible and tied it all together.  Sherillyn's imagination is amazing and her characters are so real you laugh, cry, fight and cheer them on all the way.  I love her work.

I also can recommend Gina Showalter's Series "Lords of the Underworld" - Start with Darkest Night and Darkest Kiss and you won't want to stop.  Her "Atlantis Series" is also mindblowingStart with Heart of the Dragon and Jewel of Atlantis and then keep going.  Her final series "Alien Huntress" is one I am working my way through now.  I can't put them down.  Start with Awaken me Darkly then Enslave me sweetly.  I would love to live in one of Sherrilyn's worlds, especially with the Nymph's in her Atlantis series, book 3 The Nymph King.  WOW!

Keri Arthur's Riley Jenson novels are also excellent and Lara Adrian Midnight Breed Series is right up there too!  All of the series I mentioned above range from dark to darker, so if you want to try something not as dark try Christine Feehan's Dark Series.  Her series if also really, really good, but not as dark.

I would like to hear from anyone who has read these series to see what you think, and to let me know about any other authors or series that I didn't mention that I could look into.  I do like the dark to darker style writing as it is a total escape to a different universe and my way of getting out of Dodge for a time! 

New User
Heather_R

I have to recommend Jeanine Frost's Night Huntress series. The female character is just one big smartaleck that it makes me laugh when she says certain things. It also doesn't hurt that the male lead character reminds me of Spike from Buffy.

I also recommend anything by Lora Leigh but her paranormal series is her Breed Series. She started off as an eBook writer for Ellora's Cave so her first few in the series were published by them. You should be able to get them in your local bookstore. They are really juicy, btw.

Laurell K. Hamilton isn't really considered paranormal romance but there is paranormal and there is romance. Both her Anita Blake series and her Merry Gentry series are very good. A good warning, they are on the darkside when it comes to certain things.

If you want light and funny then I recommend Katie MacAlister's Aisling Grey, Guardian series and MaryJanice Davidson's Betsy Taylor series. Both of these have had me laughing out loud.

Halfway to the Grave (Night Huntress Series #1)  

Elizabeth's Wolf  

Guilty Pleasures (Anita Blake Vampire Hunter Series #1)  

A Kiss of Shadows (Meredith Gentry Series #1)  

You Slay Me  

Undead and Unwed (Betsy Taylor Series #1)  

Inspired Bibliophile
Nelsmom

I have to add Christina Dodd's The Darkness Chosen and her new The Chosen series.  I just got the first book but what I have read is really good and the two series will share some characters.

Toni

Toni L. Chapman
Everyone needs some Tender Loving Care
New User
Luu_Sam
0 Kudos

Vampire Kisses 

Cryptic Cravings (Vampire Kisses Series #8)   Umm... Let's see. The Vampire Kisses series are really good. The nineth book is coming out soon. YAHH

New User
DebiFL
0 Kudos

All of the ones mentioned are good, and I have read most of them, but my favorites are the JR Wards series "The Blackdagger Brotherhood."  That series is so awesome you won't be able to put them down.  It revolves around a group of vampire warriors (each with their own story) and takes place in today's world.  Each warrior battles not only another society of depraved humans under the control of pure evil, but they stand guard and protect our race while battling their own demons.  It is the best series so far that I have read.  You will laugh, cry, and fall in love with each of them as do each of their shellans (human women that they fall for).  Give it a try.  There's nothing better out there.....

I also like Sherrilyn Kenyon's series (my second favorite series) The Dark Hunters.  You will fall in love with those guys too (especially Acheron), but read them in order so you get all the back story on each character.  They are awesome.

Laua Adrian's series Midnight Breed, which is also an urban fantasy.  It too is awesome. These are my 3 favorite series.  I also agree that Karen Marie Moning's series (The Fever Books) are great too.

Contributor
miss-hutton
0 Kudos

Kresley Cole - Immortals after dark is great. My fav is book #5 Dark desires after dusk.
Frequent Contributor
0198lilly
0 Kudos

I agree that Riley Jenson series is really good, and Jeaniene Frost is another.  Another good one is Nalini Singh the Guild Hunters series. Or Adrian Phoenix, Maker's Song series. There's a lot of series that have some romance, but are more paranormal, that are excellent if you ever want to give them a shot.  Happy Reading!

New User
AuthorPamelaKKinney
0 Kudos

Some good choices.

There's also Sapphire Phelan--eBooks and she has a print erotic paranormal/urban fantasy, The Witch And The Familiar.

Frequent Contributor
Nancy_N
0 Kudos

I love Jessica Andersen's Nightkeepers.   I can't wait for the last book but will be sorry to have the series end.