Since 1997, you’ve been coming to BarnesandNoble.com to discuss everything from Stephen King to writing to Harry Potter. You’ve made our site more than a place to discover your next book: you’ve made it a community. But like all things internet, BN.com is growing and changing. We've said goodbye to our community message boards—but that doesn’t mean we won’t still be a place for adventurous readers to connect and discover.

Now, you can explore the most exciting new titles (and remember the classics) at the Barnes & Noble Book Blog. Check out conversations with authors like Jeff VanderMeer and Gary Shteyngart at the B&N Review, and browse write-ups of the best in literary fiction. Come to our Facebook page to weigh in on what it means to be a book nerd. Browse digital deals on the NOOK blog, tweet about books with us,or self-publish your latest novella with NOOK Press. And for those of you looking for support for your NOOK, the NOOK Support Forums will still be here.

We will continue to provide you with books that make you turn pages well past midnight, discover new worlds, and reunite with old friends. And we hope that you’ll continue to tell us how you’re doing, what you’re reading, and what books mean to you.

New User
Sailor
0 Kudos

Paranormal romance

I am looking for a good paranormal romance book. I have finished the sookie stackhouse series by Charlaine Harris and the twilight series by Stephanie Meyer. If you have any suggestions please let me know.
Inspired Bibliophile
Nelsmom
0 Kudos

Re: Paranormal romance

Sailor,

You could try Eileen Wilks, Tempting Danger, Mortal Danger,Blood Lines, Night Season, and she will have a fifth book Mortal Sins coming out in Feb. '09.  Then there is Jeanne Frost's Halfway To The Grave, One Foot In The Grave, and At Grave's End Dec '08.  Christina Dodd's series Darkness Chosen, CT Adams and Cathy Clamp's Sazi series.  Just a few that I can think of right now.  Welcome To Paranormal.

Toni

Toni L. Chapman
Everyone needs some Tender Loving Care
New User
Hp90
0 Kudos

I recommend Christine Feehan and Karen Moning.

All of their novels. They have series, so i recommend starting at the beginning. Feehan's novels will keep you busy for the year. =] However, their books are written so that you dont necessary HAVE to begin from the first novel but its preferable.

New User
Flaamwing
0 Kudos

The vampire series by Lynsay sands is quite good.

Author
JackieKessler
0 Kudos

If you love strong characterization and phenomenal world building, I highly recommend Meljean Brook's Guardian series, starting with DEMON ANGEL.
--
Black and White by Jackie Kessler and Caitlin Kittredge
Whose side are you on?
http://www.jetandiridium.com
Inspired Bibliophile
Nelsmom
0 Kudos

I knew that I had forgotten an author in my earlier post and that was Jackie Kessler and her Hell On Earth series that starts with Hell's Belles.  She has three books and a novella out now with a fourth novel and a novella called Hell Is Where The Heart Is.  The novella is in the anthology A Red Hot Valentine's Day and comes out Jan '09 and the fourth novel comes out latter in '09.

Toni

Toni L. Chapman
Everyone needs some Tender Loving Care
Contributor
cmor4les
0 Kudos

Gena Showalter's Lords of the Underworld series
Wordsmith
Chomp
0 Kudos

For a cool universe with an interesting romance component thrown in, try Susan Sizemore's Primes series.
So many books, so little time...
Inspired Contributor
osha341
0 Kudos

Sailor wrote:
I am looking for a good paranormal romance book. I have finished the sookie stackhouse series by Charlaine Harris and the twilight series by Stephanie Meyer. If you have any suggestions please let me know.

Sailor:  Try out these authors, great reads -  

BRIGGS, PATRICIA - ON THE PROWL - MOON CALL - BLOOD BOUND - IRON KISSED 

DAVIDSON, MARY JANICE - UNDEAD UNWED - UNDEAD UNEMPLOYED - DERIKS BANE - HELLO GORGEOUS - DEAD & LOVING IT - UNDEAD & UNWED - DEAD OVER HEELS - UNDEAD UNPOPULAR - UNDEAD & UNAPPRECIATED  

HALLAWAY, TATE - TALL, DARK & DEAD - DEAD SEXY - ROMANCING THE DEAD

MACALISTER, KATIE - EVEN VAMPIRES GET THE BLUES - A GIRLS GUIDE TO VAMPIRES - SEX, LIES & VAMPIRES - SEX & THE SINGLE VAMPIRE - JUST ONE SIP -YOU SLAY ME - THE LAST OF THE RED HOT VAMPIRES - PLAYING WITH FIRE - Light My Fire - Fire Me Up - Holy Smokes 

MCCARTHY, ERIN - DATE W/ THE OTHER SIDE - HIGH STAKES - BIT THE JACKPOT - BLED DRY - SUCKER BET

ROWEN, MICHELLE - BITTEN & SMITTEN - FANGED & FABULOUS - LADY & THE VAMP

SANDS, LYNSAY - A BITE TO REMEMBER - A QUICK BITE - SINGLE WHITE VAMPIRE - LOVE BITES - BITE ME IF YOU CAN - TALL, DARK & HUNGRY - VAMPIRES ARE FOREVER - THE ACCIDENTAL VAMPIRE - VAMPIRE INTERRUPTED - THE ROGUE HUNTER

SPARKS, KERRELYN - HOW TO MARRY A MILLIONAIRE VAMPIRE - VAMPS & THE CITY - THE UNDEAD NEXT DOOR - BE STILL MY VAMPIRE HEART - ALL I WANT FOR CHRISTMAS IS A VAMPIRE

WISDOM, LINDA - 50 WAYS TO HEX YOUR LOVER - HEX APPEAL

Lindy...
Powerful Women's Motto: Live your life in such a way that when your feet hit the floor in the morning, Satan shudders and says... "Oh sh_t...she's awake!!'
Frequent Contributor
imsosorrybutiloveyou
0 Kudos

depends on how romantic you want it

blood and chocolate is really good but only sort of romantic

and the vampire kisses is good more romantic but still not much.

both really good but about a 6 or a 7 ( to me) on the romance scale.

fer sure maybe. fer sure not. fer sure eh. fer sure bomb.
Inspired Wordsmith
LordRuthven
0 Kudos

Sherrilyn Kenyon's Dark-Hunter saga.
Derek Tatum
paulgoatallen
0 Kudos

[ Edited ]

LordRuthven wrote:
Sherrilyn Kenyon's Dark-Hunter saga.

Derek:

Just got Sherrilyn Kenyon's Acheron a few days ago. 728 pages! Can you say shelf-bender? Lap-number? Footstool?

Paul

Message Edited by paulgoatallen on 10-21-2008 05:56 PM
"There never can be a man so lost as one who is lost in the vast and intricate corridors of his own lonely mind, where none may reach and none may save..." – Isaac Asimov, Pebble in the Sky
Frequent Contributor
Ma-Petite
0 Kudos

The Magic Series by Cheyenne Mccray

Tales of Demon Worl by Emma Holly

The Darkyn series by Lynn Viehl

Black Dagger Brotherhood by JR Ward

The Breeds series by Lora Leigh

Immortals fter Dark by Kresley Cole

Midnight Breed by Lara Adrian

Nightwalkers by Jacelyn Frank

Guardians of Eternity by alexandra Ivy

The Others series by Christine Warren

Lords Of Satyr by Elizabeth  Amber

Sons of Destiny by Jean Johnson

Frequent Contributor
Regric
0 Kudos

JR Ward's Black Dagger Brotherhood series

I agree with Sherrilyn Kenyon's books...Acheron almost broke my nose b/c i was up VERY late reading while camped out in the bed...and the book slipped and pegged me...which woke me up completely so I finished the book.  :smileyhappy:

Christine Feehan has a couple of series out that are good, too

Patricia Briggs is great, too.

Jayne Castle has some good ones, too ..my lovely bookstore doesn't carry them for some bizarre reason

Kay Hooper's Bishop series is a good choice, too.

Inspired Wordsmith
LordRuthven
0 Kudos

paulgoatallen wrote:

Derek:

Just got Sherrilyn Kenyon's Acheron a few days ago. 728 pages! Can you say shelf-bender? Lap-number? Footstool?

Paul

Yeah, I was surprised earlier this year when she told me how big the manuscript was.

Derek Tatum
New User
RaijiMagiwind
0 Kudos

I will agree with a number of the authors so far.

My personal collection includes:

Christine Feehan-

Drake Sisters series

Gena Showalter

Lord's of the Underworld series

Sherrilyn Kenyon

Dark Hunter and Dream Hunter series

JR Ward
Black Dagger Brotherhood

Contributor
ParaNormLove
0 Kudos

Sherrilyn Keyon-DarkHunter Series

Kerrelyn Sparks-Love At Stakes Series

J.R. Ward-Black Dagger Brotherhood (favorite)

Christina Dodd-Darkness Chosen Series

Larissa Ione-Pleasure Unbound (demon Doctors HOT)

Lara Adrian-Midnight Series

Contributor
TX-ParanormalLvr

:smileyhappy: where to start where to start?

Most of the series have already been listed here, and there are some that haven't been.  Here are some of my favorites:

Dark Hunter Series by Sherrilyn Kenyon

Argeneau Series by Lynsay Sands

Love At Stake Series by Kerrelyn Sparks

Darkyn Series by Lunn Veihl

Brotherhood of Blood by Kathryn Smith

BDB by J.R. Ward

Vampire Huntress Series by L.A. Banks

Sazi Series by C.T. Adams & Cath Clamp

Vampire Series by Rosemary Laurey

The Others Series by Christine Warren

Demonica Series by Larissa Ione

Lords of the Underworld by Gena Showalter

The Breed Series by Lora Leigh

I have most of these in my Library as well as some Essential List with them listed in the correct ready order...

Hope this helps everyone!

~*~*~ Fangs for the memories of howling at the moon ~*~*~
Contributor
bookfreak67
0 Kudos

City of bones is awesome its my fav book you should really read it.
"And I'm suppose to sit by while you date boys and fall in love with someone else, get married...?" His voice tightened. "And meanwhile, I'll die a little bit more every day, watching."

city of glass
Inspired Wordsmith
lilithesque

Witchling  is the first in a paranormal romanc-ish series about some half fae, half human sisters who are into all kinds of adventure, mayhem--and lovers.  And really, what covers these books have.     

Margorie Liu's

Tiger Eye (Dirk & Steele Series #1) is the first in a great paranormal romance series.  From there all her books are great

Another Series I enjoy when I am in the mood for paranormal romance is

Full Moon Rising (Riley Jenson Guardian Series #1).  She has a new series but I havent read it yet.

Well, enough for now.  Let us know what you decide to dive into next. 

Lily

Dude, Where's my book!