Since 1997, you’ve been coming to BarnesandNoble.com to discuss everything from Stephen King to writing to Harry Potter. You’ve made our site more than a place to discover your next book: you’ve made it a community. But like all things internet, BN.com is growing and changing. We've said goodbye to our community message boards—but that doesn’t mean we won’t still be a place for adventurous readers to connect and discover.

Now, you can explore the most exciting new titles (and remember the classics) at the Barnes & Noble Book Blog. Check out conversations with authors like Jeff VanderMeer and Gary Shteyngart at the B&N Review, and browse write-ups of the best in literary fiction. Come to our Facebook page to weigh in on what it means to be a book nerd. Browse digital deals on the NOOK blog, tweet about books with us,or self-publish your latest novella with NOOK Press. And for those of you looking for support for your NOOK, the NOOK Support Forums will still be here.

We will continue to provide you with books that make you turn pages well past midnight, discover new worlds, and reunite with old friends. And we hope that you’ll continue to tell us how you’re doing, what you’re reading, and what books mean to you.

Contributor
Kalie
0 Kudos

Re: Sookie Stackhouse

I have just finished the Sookie Stackhouse novels except for the latest one because I want to wait until it is out on paperback so it will match all the others.  Anyway It took me until about the third book to really get into them and now I love them.  I was so much happier when she ditched Bill.  I really love Eric and want Sookie to end up with him.

Kalie

Wordsmith
Paula717
0 Kudos

Kalie wrote:

I have just finished the Sookie Stackhouse novels except for the latest one because I want to wait until it is out on paperback so it will match all the others.  Anyway It took me until about the third book to really get into them and now I love them.  I was so much happier when she ditched Bill.  I really love Eric and want Sookie to end up with him.

Kalie

Me too, waiting on on the last one in paperback. May can't come soon enough. But, I'm not sure who I want her to end up with. As much as I love Eric and like them together, something in back of my mind keeps chanting Bill, Bill, Bill...  Such a dilema. :smileyhappy:
To read without reflecting is like eating without digesting. - Edmund Burke
New User
merceyandgrace
0 Kudos

I have tried the sookie stackhouse series and got to book two and no farther. But I just think it's because I wasn't in my paranormal mode. But I too started it after twlight series which I loved. Think I went into it looking for the same romance and it wasn't there. But  have any of you guys read staked by J.F. Lewis?? I absoutley love it. Am patiently awaiting "Revamped" coming in march 09. I want to see what direction Eric goes....lol. And can I say I love this site, I am currently reading "Greywalker" by Kat Richardson and it's awesome.

Inspired Wordsmith
Sovereign_Queen
0 Kudos

I discovered the Sookie books a couple years ago and it was my first real intriduction to current urban fantasy (I'd read a book about a talking gargolye , some of the "classice" UFs from the 80's, and was a big fan of the Mercedes Lackey "Bard books").  Actually I picked up the first Sookie book and the first Hollows books to take to a conference.  I read the Sookie book first (I didn't want to read the Hollow's book with it's sexy cover while sitting next to my boss on an airplane, lol).  I kept ditching workshops to go to the bookstore convienently located a block from the hotel to buy more.  I think I read all the ones that were out that weekend, lol.  What I like most about them is how they're relitively light, funny and the characters are very real. 

I have read all the Twilight books, because the teens in my dance class "made me."  I do admit that I read most of them in one sitting.  But whereas they kept my attention and made me want more, I actually like the Sookie books much better. 

~Suzanne

Correspondent
NenetRN
0 Kudos

Suzanne,

i think i almost agree with you..... i loved the Sookie series! I read all of the books back to back after i purchased the box set, and i couldn't wait for From Dead to Worse in paperback. And.... i can't wait for the next one due out i think May is it?

Prior to that i had read the Twilight saga also back to back..... so i don't know- they are just so different and great in their own way.... that's what i mean by almost agree with you about liking the Sookie books better.

Although.... i do like the character of Sookie waaaaay better than Bella!

* BE NICE TO EVERYONE! THEY MIGHT BE YOUR NURSE SOMEDAY *
Frequent Contributor
Little_Jacky
0 Kudos

:smileyhappy:Ok,

I def read a book a day till I finished the Sookie Stackhouse Series! I loved them all and thought overall it was a fun, energetic, and humorous read. I am desperately waiting for the newest book in march!!

Now here is the question....WHERE DO I GO FROM HERE! I need a new book /series to read. I started the J.R. Ward series but they aren't captivating me like Sookie.

ANY IDEAS?

Thanks!!

Inspired Bibliophile
Nelsmom
0 Kudos

Little Jacky,

You could try Mario Acevedo's books that start with The Nymphos At Rocky Flats or Mark Henry's Happy Hour Of The Damned or JF Lewis's Staked.  All of them are good reads.  Welcome to the group.

Toni

Toni L. Chapman
Everyone needs some Tender Loving Care
Correspondent
NenetRN
0 Kudos

Jacky,

i agree with Toni, i just started The Nymphos of Rocky Flats a few days ago, the story is just barely unraveling... but so far so good!

New User
Tabikat72
0 Kudos

I just love Eric he is very fun and interesting. You never know what he is going to do I have read the first seven books and it was light fun easy reading. I love Anne Rice, JK Rowling, and I have watched twilight the movie and I just bought the first book. I read a lot of the classics so sometimes it is hard for me to read books like the Sookie books because the writing is different and a little to much like drivel. But Charlene Harris has sucked me into Bon Temps and I am there to stay. I too think Vin Diesel would be great as Quinn but is Eric that really interests me because you just never know what he is going to do and the description of him as a tall Viking does it for me. I have always been a Vampire buff and always will be. So back to reading Twilight.

Tabikat72

New User
Tabikat72
0 Kudos

It is because the men in her life get side-tracked and she has to dump them, but I am rooting for Eric. I hate boring men and he is not at all boring, and very sexy.

Tabikat72

Correspondent
NenetRN
0 Kudos

Yeah, i agree with both of you! I LOVE Eric!..... i first loved him on the show. The first time he appeared, i was like Bill who? Then when i read the books i liked him even more! I LOVE his character.... and i think he trully is in love with Sookie, they just have this connection that is beyond anything, and they just can't help it! Tabikat, i couldn't wait for " From Dead to Worse" to come out in paperback, although i know what you mean about having your books match! I bought the first 7 books as a set in little paperbacks. AND the newest one "Dead and Gone" comes out May 5th! I definetely will not wait for that in paperback! Did you like Dr. Carlisle Cullen in the movie? again i was like..... Edward who? i have both Eric and Carlisle pix as my screensaver!
Frequent Contributor
Little_Jacky
0 Kudos

Thanks for the book suggestions!! i'm looking into those books now!

And for the other posts...ILOVE ERIC TOO!!

I was in looove with Bill in the beginning but as I read further into the series (i'll try not to spoil anything!) I just wanted to stake him myself!! I think Erics fun, and flirty hes just a great character.

Vin diesel would be a good choice but who do you think would work for Alcide??

CANT WAIT FOR THE NEWEST BOOK!

Wordsmith
Paula717
0 Kudos

Little_Jacky wrote:

Vin diesel would be a good choice but who do you think would work for Alcide??

CANT WAIT FOR THE NEWEST BOOK!

For the part of Alcide, I think actor "Jason Momoa" would be PERFECT. He's currently on"Stargate Atlantis" which is on it's last season.

Correspondent
NenetRN
0 Kudos

Okay, so i had to google Jason, and when i saw him i recognized him.

All i have to say is.... OMG! he's so hot... and yes, he would be a good Alcede, cuz in the book Alcede has green eyes! Good pick!

Wordsmith
Paula717
0 Kudos

NenetRN wrote:

Okay, so i had to google Jason, and when i saw him i recognized him.

All i have to say is.... OMG! he's so hot... and yes, he would be a good Alcede, cuz in the book Alcede has green eyes! Good pick!

LOL!! Yes, he's a whole lot of eye candy. :smileywink:
New User
cece0485
0 Kudos

I don't know if its just me but 1. I do not think that Jason guy is attractive. and 2. He's definitely not what I pictured when they describe Alcide.

Another character I'm excited to see who they cast is Quinn. Though that won't happen for awhile since he was introduced later in the series.

Contributor
BRITBRITCOLE
0 Kudos

after reading Twilight i didn't and other vampire books would be any good but

I LOVE THE SOOKIE STACK HOUSE NOVELS :smileyhappy:

i've already have two of my best friends my aunt and my cousin reading them ...

i love the chacters but i'm not so much a bill fan i like sookie alcide and eric

another vampire book series thats really really good is The black dagger brotherhood :smileyhappy:

Correspondent
NenetRN
0 Kudos

cece0485 wrote:

I don't know if its just me but 1. I do not think that Jason guy is attractive. and 2. He's definitely not what I pictured when they describe Alcide.

Another character I'm excited to see who they cast is Quinn. Though that won't happen for awhile since he was introduced later in the series.

Yeah it's just you! LOL
Correspondent
NenetRN
0 Kudos

BRITBRITCOLE wrote:

after reading Twilight i didn't and other vampire books would be any good but

I LOVE THE SOOKIE STACK HOUSE NOVELS :smileyhappy:

i've already have two of my best friends my aunt and my cousin reading them ...

i love the chacters but i'm not so much a bill fan i like sookie alcide and eric

another vampire book series thats really really good is The black dagger brotherhood :smileyhappy:

Its funny you say that cuz @ work a bunch of people are wanting something after reading Twilight... so i'm gettin' people into the Sookie novels. I finished them all back to back last year... love them!
Wordsmith
Paula717
0 Kudos

I was one of those people until that B&N employee recommended True Blood. I have to thank him next time I see him.  I now have my friends hooked on them and I love that I'm ahead to see them rant and rave, begging to know spoilers but my lips are sealed. LOL! :smileysurprised:)