Distinguished Bibliophile
TiggerBear
0 Kudos

Re: Sookie Stackhouse

Little_Jacky wrote:

Tiggerbear

I hope your wrong about sookie lol You read Harris's other series? How were they in comparison to the Southern Vampire series?

~Jacky

Hmm well mabey, just have to see.

Good but a little sad, they are mystery books. The teagarden's are rather on the cosy side.

Correspondent
NenetRN
0 Kudos

TiggerBear,

i don't remember if you said you've read ALL of the books, including From Dead to Worse.

But in response to your comment about Sookie not aging and not beeing "turned" into any supernatural creature.... something is revealed about her in this book that might help her out as far as her True Love beeing a supe.

I don't want to give anything away... tso that's all i'll say.

Little Jacky, did you ever get book 9?

* BE NICE TO EVERYONE! THEY MIGHT BE YOUR NURSE SOMEDAY *
TiggerBear
0 Kudos

NenetRN wrote:

TiggerBear,

i don't remember if you said you've read ALL of the books, including From Dead to Worse.

But in response to your comment about Sookie not aging and not beeing "turned" into any supernatural creature.... something is revealed about her in this book that might help her out as far as her True Love beeing a supe.

I don't want to give anything away... tso that's all i'll say.

Little Jacky, did you ever get book 9?

All but the one comming. Not at all what I was impling towards.

But *possible spoilers* Harris tends to kill true love of her characters. And she getting harder on her protagonists. I have hope for Sookie but...

Frequent Contributor
Little_Jacky
0 Kudos

Nenet,

Doesn't book 9 come out in May? I haven't even read book 8 yet because i'm waiting for it to be released in paper back. I hate having the whole series in paper back and one hardcover lol I cannot wait for it though! I'm looking forward to True Blood in the summer!

How did you like From Dead to Worse (without given anything away!) :smileyhappy:

~Jacky

Wordsmith
Paula717
0 Kudos

Me too. I'm waiting on book 8 in paperback to match the set. I believe it comes out next month, can't wait! *SPOILER* I've also heard that the author let's us know more about Sookie and the "fairy" in her. I think that might play a big part in her future.

To read without reflecting is like eating without digesting. - Edmund Burke
TiggerBear
0 Kudos

Paula717 wrote:

Me too. I'm waiting on book 8 in paperback to match the set. I believe it comes out next month, can't wait! *SPOILER* I've also heard that the author let's us know more about Sookie and the "fairy" in her. I think that might play a big part in her future.

No bet, I thought so a long time myself. (smile)

New User
lorelaigrey
0 Kudos

I love this series. I've been reading them since the first one came out and I have to say that this series is my favorite above any other. Including Twilight. I love the characters and how Sookie gets into so many different situations and that it hasn't just ended in a happily ever after. I hope ALOT more books come out for this series, and even maybe a new one based in Sookie's world (maybe about her cousin's son who is also telepathic!) who wouldn't  love that? honestly.lol. But I also have to say that I HATE True Blood. I've watched a couple of episodes and all I got from it was that it doesn't hold true to the books, the girl that plays Sookie sucks so bad (I just see a really bad redneck impression with some telepathy thrown in there), and the guy that plays Bill is not attractive (no offense to the guy) but come on, in the book Bill is a hottie. But anyway, I just wanted to throw my two cents in. Bottom line for me is. Sokie Stackhouse is a great read and I would recommend it to anyone. (My sister-in-law loves it!)  :smileywink:

lorelaigrey
New User
JamieJo
0 Kudos

I did the same thing! Thats really funny.  I bought the box set for sookie though and I'm on book 7.. half way through it.  I also just picked up book8 and can't wait for 9.  I heard Charlaine harris is contracted to do 10, and plans on continuing for some time!  I just signed up for HBO so that I can start watching the tv series! which they are doing reruns now!  (im a dork) I got the twilight book for christmas and two days later went out to buy the rest, saw the movie, loved it, and then started on Sookie.  (my husband thinks i read too much now! lol)  I did just pick up a few books of Kim Harrison's Hallows which is on the same manor.. haven't started them yet but I heard Charlaine Harris recommends her, or makes some great comments about her. 

I think Barnes & Noble needs to do some book signings here for our fav. authors!!!!  Hint hint..... (in the Toledo area would be greaT!)

Correspondent
NenetRN
0 Kudos

Little_Jacky wrote:

Nenet,

Doesn't book 9 come out in May? I haven't even read book 8 yet because i'm waiting for it to be released in paper back. I hate having the whole series in paper back and one hardcover lol I cannot wait for it though! I'm looking forward to True Blood in the summer!

How did you like From Dead to Worse (without given anything away!) :smileyhappy:

~Jacky

Yeah you're right... book 9 Dead and Gone, comes out in May.  And i know what you mean about the paperbacks... I like my books to "match", i know- it's weird.

i have the set of the first 7 in mass market paperbacks, but i just could NOT wait to read book 8, so i have that in hardcover, and i guess when 9 comes out, i'll have that in hardcover as well (cuz i will totally go get it the day it comes out!)  :smileyhappy:

Frequent Contributor
Little_Jacky
0 Kudos

I'm the same with making my books match. I cant deal with this! I pass BnN everyday and I'm dying to buy From Dead to Worse..I tried waiting I even called the Library cuz I figured I'd take it out, read it, then buy the book once it's in paperback..I might have to do what you did and bite the bullet and get the hardback...BC your right ..once book 9 comes out there is nooo way i'm waiting for paper back..geeze. whoever decided to do this hardback/paper back business is cruel
New User
Nina_Sky
0 Kudos

It's been awhile since i've post anything, but i finally finished all the sookie stackhouse books. Now, i'm anxiously waiting for book 9 :smileysad: I was really hoping Sookie would've stayed with Quinn but it doesn't seem like that's going to happen anymore. So unless someone better comes along, the next best person would be Eric. But thats just me.

Now i have a question for all of you... What do you recommend for me to read as i wait for the next book? And even after that one comes out? I tend to read these books in one sitting. I've been so bored that i've reread all of them plus the twilight books (3 times i might add). Help please before i go crazy (LOL:smileywink: )

New User
lorelaigrey
0 Kudos

I'm not sure if you've already read some of the books I'm going to suggest but here you go.

1. Patricia Briggs- (the Mercy Thompson series) #1 "Moon Called", #2 "Blood Bound", #3 "Iron Kissed", #4 "Bone Crossed"   and a different series but same author "Cry Wolf"

2. Lilith Saintcrow- "Steelflower"

3. Richelle Mead- "Storm Born"

4. Yasmine Galenorn-  (Sisters of the Moon series) #1 "Witchling", #2 "Changeling", #3 "Darkling", #4 "Dragon Wytch", #5 "Night Huntress"

5. Lynsay Sands- (Argeneau Vampire series) #1 "A Quick Bite", #2 "Love Bites", #3 "Single White Vampire", #4 "Tall, Dark, and Hungry", #5 "A Bite to Remember", #6 "Bite Me If You Can", #7 "The Accidental Vampire", #8 "Vampires are Forever", #9 "Vampire, Interrupted", #10 "The Rogue Hunter", #11 "The Immortal Hunter"

I know there's more books I can recommend but I can't remember right now. But I hope you enjoy these.

lorelaigrey
Author
KatRichardson

Nina_Sky wrote:

What do you recommend for me to read as i wait for the next book? And even after that one comes out? I tend to read these books in one sitting. I've been so bored that i've reread all of them plus the twilight books (3 times i might add). Help please before i go crazy (LOL:smileywink: )

Have you read Charlaine's Harper Connelly books yet?  A little darker than the Sookies but very good.

Kat Richardson
http://katrichardson.com/
Correspondent
NenetRN
0 Kudos

Little_Jacky wrote:
I'm the same with making my books match. I cant deal with this! I pass BnN everyday and I'm dying to buy From Dead to Worse..I tried waiting I even called the Library cuz I figured I'd take it out, read it, then buy the book once it's in paperback..I might have to do what you did and bite the bullet and get the hardback...BC your right ..once book 9 comes out there is nooo way i'm waiting for paper back..geeze. whoever decided to do this hardback/paper back business is cruel

LOL, LOL..... yes it is cruel isin't it?

so just go get it!... unless you already did. :smileyhappy:

and NinaSky, just read a few of the other threads... we have suggestions galore here! You won't have a problem finding something new.

Personally, i read Mario Acevedo's Felix Gomez series after Sookie, I believe at Kat Richardson's suggestion, and book 4 of the series just came out too!

Frequent Contributor
WaterLily
0 Kudos

ok so I have been following along to see just how good her books are.  I started to read the first one like 2 years ago but i just couldnt get into it.  Does the book eventually get better or does it take a book or two??  I have a hard time starting series because the first ones for me are always the hardest to get through but im still not sure one this series.
"In the end family is all that we have"
TiggerBear
0 Kudos

WaterLily wrote:
ok so I have been following along to see just how good her books are.  I started to read the first one like 2 years ago but i just couldnt get into it.  Does the book eventually get better or does it take a book or two??  I have a hard time starting series because the first ones for me are always the hardest to get through but im still not sure one this series.

1 good, 2 better, 3 ripping great, 4 oh man I can't wait for, 5 ect...  well you get the idea.

Frequent Contributor
Little_Jacky
0 Kudos

I agree they only get better!

I read the 1st book after watching the 1st season..I can't wait for True Blood to start up again!

Correspondent
NenetRN
0 Kudos

Yeah.... i agree with TiggerBear!

my absolute favorite was book 4 "Dead to the World".

keep reading and you'll find out why.

Frequent Contributor
WaterLily
0 Kudos

Ok I will deff go to the library Sunday and pick up the rest of the series.  Thanks so much.
"In the end family is all that we have"
Frequent Contributor
Little_Jacky
0 Kudos

4 was my favorite also!