Since 1997, you’ve been coming to BarnesandNoble.com to discuss everything from Stephen King to writing to Harry Potter. You’ve made our site more than a place to discover your next book: you’ve made it a community. But like all things internet, BN.com is growing and changing. We've said goodbye to our community message boards—but that doesn’t mean we won’t still be a place for adventurous readers to connect and discover.

Now, you can explore the most exciting new titles (and remember the classics) at the Barnes & Noble Book Blog. Check out conversations with authors like Jeff VanderMeer and Gary Shteyngart at the B&N Review, and browse write-ups of the best in literary fiction. Come to our Facebook page to weigh in on what it means to be a book nerd. Browse digital deals on the NOOK blog, tweet about books with us,or self-publish your latest novella with NOOK Press. And for those of you looking for support for your NOOK, the NOOK Support Forums will still be here.

We will continue to provide you with books that make you turn pages well past midnight, discover new worlds, and reunite with old friends. And we hope that you’ll continue to tell us how you’re doing, what you’re reading, and what books mean to you.

Correspondent
NenetRN
0 Kudos

Re: Sookie Stackhouse

Little_Jacky wrote:
4 was my favorite also!

OH Eric (sigh!)...... and he is TOTALLY HOT on the show too!

* BE NICE TO EVERYONE! THEY MIGHT BE YOUR NURSE SOMEDAY *
New User
Nina_Sky
0 Kudos

Thank you so much for all of the recommendations, I will look into them. Is there any other recommendations besides science fiction genres?
Distinguished Bibliophile
TiggerBear
0 Kudos

Nina_Sky wrote:
Thank you so much for all of the recommendations, I will look into them. Is there any other recommendations besides science fiction genres?

What exactly were you looking for?

Correspondent
NenetRN
0 Kudos

TiggerBear wrote:

Nina_Sky wrote:

If you 're not looking for Paranormal or Science Fiction then go all the other book clubs, there's a bunch i'm sure they'll help you out!

Personally, i haven't read anything that's not Paranormal scince like.... September of last year, except for maybe 2 books i think. :smileyhappy:

* BE NICE TO EVERYONE! THEY MIGHT BE YOUR NURSE SOMEDAY *
Distinguished Bibliophile
TiggerBear
0 Kudos

NenetRN wrote:

TiggerBear wrote:

Nina_Sky wrote:

If you 're not looking for Paranormal or Science Fiction then go all the other book clubs, there's a bunch i'm sure they'll help you out!

Personally, i haven't read anything that's not Paranormal scince like.... September of last year, except for maybe 2 books i think. :smileyhappy:

Me, I don't mind I read other stuff. But she's right; lots of other boards on here, lots of others who read lots and lots of other books.

Frequent Contributor
Little_Jacky
0 Kudos

NenetRN wrote:

Little_Jacky wrote:
4 was my favorite also!

OH Eric (sigh!)...... and he is TOTALLY HOT on the show too!

I cant wait till we see more of him on the show!  :smileywink: I used to love Bill but I think i'm over him lol
Contributor
acasadei
0 Kudos

I read the first Sookie book when it was on a booklist from our local librarian.  I ended up getting hooked and read all of them. I can't wait for the next one to come out.  I'm starting re-read them while True Blood between seasons. 

The concept of the Sookie books is not new. The types of characters is actually a common theme in quite a few series.  However, the author adds a new spin on them.  Her character development is pretty good.  These are great beach/airplane reads.

Frequent Contributor
Little_Jacky
0 Kudos

The concept of the Sookie books is not new. The types of characters is actually a common theme in quite a few series.  However, the author adds a new spin on them.  Her character development is pretty good.  These are great beach/airplane reads.

what others would you recommend that are similar to the sookie series?

New User
txophelia
0 Kudos

Please visit: http://www.facebook.com/group.php?gid=93852067651#/group.php?gid=93852067651 if interested in attending a Sookie Book Club in Houston!

Spread the word!

Thanks.

Inspired Contributor
SarahReadsAlot
0 Kudos

So is anyone else excited about Dead and Gone coming out tomorrow?! I cant wait to see what happens. So many ideas of what may happen and what I hope will happen....
What does it mean when nightmares long for dreams and shadows wish for light?
Wordsmith
Paula717
0 Kudos

I finished From Dead to Worse and was very disappointed. I kept waiting for the nail biting plot but it never came. This was my least favorite of the whole collection. Did anyone else feel the same or is it just me??
To read without reflecting is like eating without digesting. - Edmund Burke
Inspired Contributor
SarahReadsAlot
0 Kudos

Just finished reading Dead and Gone. I loved it I couldn't put it down. Lots of good action, had some of my favorite characters in it, lots of Eric and not so much Bill... I don't really want to say too much and spill the beans on the whole book.. What does everyone else think?
Wordsmith
PhyllisJ
0 Kudos

I am waiting for Dead and Gone to arrive via the mail.  I can't wait to read it.  I read mixed reviews on it, but I love Sookie so I have to make up my own mind.
Phyllis
Inspired Contributor
SarahReadsAlot
0 Kudos

I agree. There were a lot of different reviews of the book, but the love the Stackhouse world won out in the end. And win it did! I loved it. I read is pretty fast last night because so I can't wait to read it again and take my time. But there is still little to none that I would change.
Wordsmith
PhyllisJ
0 Kudos

Hi Sarah,

I received Dead and Gone and I can't wait to read it.  I am just finishing up "As Shadows Fade" first.  It is the last book in the Gardella Vampire series and I love that series.  The author is wrapping up the series with this book.  I am sorry to see it ending here.  Then it is on to Sookie.

Phyllis
Inspired Contributor
SarahReadsAlot
0 Kudos

Hi PhyllisJ,

Who is the Gardella Vampire series by? Ill have to check it out. Well keep me posted on what you think of Dead and Gone.

Contributor
vampire_Bill
0 Kudos

So what did you think of Dead and Gone???
Wordsmith
PhyllisJ
0 Kudos

Sarah wrote--

Hi PhyllisJ,

Who is the Gardella Vampire series by? Ill have to check it out. Well keep me posted on what you think of Dead and Gone.

Hi Sarah, 

The Gardella Vampire series is by Colleen Gleason and I finished As Shadows Fade.  I started Dead and Gone this morning and so far I am enjoying it.

Phyllis
Inspired Contributor
SarahReadsAlot
0 Kudos

PhyllisJ wrote:
Sarah wrote--

Hi PhyllisJ,

Hi Sarah, 

The Gardella Vampire series is by Colleen Gleason and I finished As Shadows Fade.  I started Dead and Gone this morning and so far I am enjoying it.

Hi again. I cant wait for you to finish so we can talk about it. Thanks ill have to check that series out.

Inspired Contributor
SarahReadsAlot
0 Kudos

vampire_Bill wrote:
So what did you think of Dead and Gone???

I really liked it. There weren't a lot of really slow parts. Some of my favorite characters were included and of my not so favorite characters weren't heard from too much. I liked the plot twists and turns. I left wondering what is going to happen next. I don't really want to go into too great a detail and spill the beans for those who haven't finished it yet...

What did you think?