Distinguished Bibliophile
dalnewt
0 Kudos

'The Walking Dead', Season 2, Begins Tonight

[ Edited ]

The 90 minute Season 2 Premiere of 'The Walking Dead' will air on AMC tonight (10/16) at 9E/8C. (See The Walking Dead – AMC.)

Season 2 has been extended to 13 episodes, but we'll only see the first 7 episodes this year. The remaining 6 episodes will not air until February 12, 2012. (See The Walking Dead Season 2 Premiere Gets Supersized. Also see 'The Walking Dead': Sneak peek of the Season 2 premiere.) (Note, a web search reveals that the reviews are looking very good.) 

Frequent Contributor
tfadams
0 Kudos

Re: 'The Walking Dead', Season 2, Begins Tonight

damn you beat me to it. I love this show, all so there playing all 6 episodes of season 1 prior to the premire.

currently reading:
1) The red pyramid by rick riordan

Scribe
SciFiCanuck

Awesome...we love this show as well.  My daughter freaked out last weekend thinking we forgot to put the PVR on to record it, but realized it was the following Sunday...  TODAY!  Just checked and we got 1 hour and 33 minutes...woot!  Can't wait to watch it...not time tonight, so tomorrow.  :-)

My name is Teresa, and I'm a bookaholic
Current book(s): The Undead Pool by Kim Harrison (The Hollows #12)
Just finished: Black Arts by Faith Hunter (Jane Yellowrock #7)
Contributor
bryanwalaspa
0 Kudos

I have enjoyed the first two episodes so far.  I haven't even missed the fact that Jan DeBont has left the show behind-the-scenes.  

I am generally pretty sick to death of zombie stories, but Walking Dead really manages to focus on the people and make the stories much more interesting.

In the middle of the night, a phone that should never ring, begins to do just that... Then the terror begins. The Dead Phone - just 99 cents
http://www.barnesandnoble.com/w/books/1106860658?ean=2940013292741&itm=1&usri=alaspa
Scribe
SciFiCanuck

Ah I was looking for this thread the other day!  :-)  Pretty good episode the last one...the one before that though, when the zombie heard was walking through all the cars...my daughter and I were freaking out, LOL!  The blonde though...she is so STOOPID sometimes!  No wonder they won't give her a gun!!

Scribe
SciFiCanuck
0 Kudos

We watched the last episode last night for Halloween.  :-)  OMG I can't believe he killed that dude that shot Carl in order to get away...  Wow. 

dalnewt
0 Kudos

Re: New Episodes 'The Walking Dead', Season 2

[ Edited ]

Season Two of The Walking Dead resumed February 12 with Nebraska (officially designated episode 208).

Nebraska will be shown again on Sunday, February 19, 2012 at 7 PM CST (8 PM EST) immediately followed by (episode 209) Triggerfinger at 8 PM CST (9 PM EST). (See The Walking Dead - New Episode Sunday.)

Also see

Scribe
SciFiCanuck
0 Kudos

I watched the new episode last weekend...it was excellent!  :-)  That was quite the car crash...I hope she's okay!  :-(  And what happened in the bar????   Holy crap...

dalnewt
0 Kudos

Well, I thought season 2 was kind of ho-hum. The group was winnowed (Shane finally bought it, thank god); Hershel's farm turned out to be no haven; Lori became an inconsistent *itch; and, the zombie plague turned more scientific with the revelation that anyone who dies w/out suffering major head trauma will turn into a zombie. The second half of season 2 had more action but didn't resolve the question of long term survival. I've grown a bit sick of the group who seem to keep questioning Rick even though he is undoubtably the most equipped to deal with the zombies. Other than Rick (who I would call the series' protagonist), I also like Andrea because she's become a hardened survivor and Hershel, because he's has an old fashioned gentility about him. But I don't really have an emotional stake in the ongoing survival of any of the others, and I've grown to really dislike Lori. OK, so I suppose I don't want to see the kid Carl get eaten, but he's not precocious enough for me and his emotional reactions are underwhelming. He's just too stiff--might as well have a little robot playing the part.       

Scribe
SciFiCanuck

Huh, I we really liked it!  I don't try to analyze these types of shows too deeply...otherwise it just takes the fun out of it, LOL!  Glad Shane is dead...the man was a loose cannon and bound to kill someone else, especially Rick.  Lori, I'm not sure what her deal is...she seems to always want it both ways.  I was ticked she flipped out at Rick for kiling Shane when really it was all because of HER.  Dork.  I'm glad Rick finally read them all the riot act and took the leader roll by the horns.  :-)

I kind of figured they would be chased out of that farm eventually though...should be interesting to see what happens with the prison.  Yeah I love Andrea as well...so glad she was not killed out in the woods, LOL!  Carl? I think he's doing as well as he can while growing up in the middle of a zombie apocalypse.  He seems to already be desensitized which is not surprising. Maybe that's why he seems so robotic?

That scene though were Hershel was looking back and the barn was on fire...the walkers all lined up and walking away from it...that was epic.  :-)

Nice to see they added a character from the cominc finally show up as well...and that she saved Andrea's a$$, LOL