Since 1997, you’ve been coming to BarnesandNoble.com to discuss everything from Stephen King to writing to Harry Potter. You’ve made our site more than a place to discover your next book: you’ve made it a community. But like all things internet, BN.com is growing and changing. We've said goodbye to our community message boards—but that doesn’t mean we won’t still be a place for adventurous readers to connect and discover.

Now, you can explore the most exciting new titles (and remember the classics) at the Barnes & Noble Book Blog. Check out conversations with authors like Jeff VanderMeer and Gary Shteyngart at the B&N Review, and browse write-ups of the best in literary fiction. Come to our Facebook page to weigh in on what it means to be a book nerd. Browse digital deals on the NOOK blog, tweet about books with us,or self-publish your latest novella with NOOK Press. And for those of you looking for support for your NOOK, the NOOK Support Forums will still be here.

We will continue to provide you with books that make you turn pages well past midnight, discover new worlds, and reunite with old friends. And we hope that you’ll continue to tell us how you’re doing, what you’re reading, and what books mean to you.

Frequent Contributor
iloveloveloveedward
0 Kudos

Re: Twilight Series by Stephenie Meyer

fang r ok, but im happy eddward doesnt have them
**DLN**
Frequent Contributor
Mizz1parker
0 Kudos

oh that sucks, sorry to hear that.. I hate when they can't keep the movie up with the book..

LordRuthven wrote:

TiggerBear wrote:
Didn't get the preview from youtube. I watched the one the studio released, and not the teaser either. It was terrible; bad acting, hooky, vague, and cliched.

Same one I saw.

Distinguished Bibliophile
TiggerBear
0 Kudos

oh that sucks, sorry to hear that.. I hate when they can't keep the movie up with the book..
--------------------------------------------
Oh, plenty of teens are going to go see it though. Case in point; the difference between the movie "Jumper" and the books. The movie was a total rip of the first book. BUT SOOO many people still went and saw it, now they opting to make 3 more.

I can easily see this happening with "Twilight" as well.
Contributor
soul2quz
0 Kudos

[ Edited ]
Oh there def. making a movie for 2 and 3 because i remember reading or watching it somewhere that they were already talking and working out the wrinkles for the second movie. I saw some trailers and i honestly really liked the mtv ( it had my heart rate exhilarating for a while). Though I am really disappointed that changed some of the scenes-which i totally loved-where edward throws himself and bella on the couch and it goes flying across the room, in which he says she shouldnt have said that she wasn't scared, i belive. In the movie they had it where he throws her over her back and goes flying out of the door. But I have hopes and will still be in line December 12 to see the movie.

Message Edited by soul2quz on 06-17-2008 02:50 AM
I heart Edward Cullen.
Contributor
socalifgirl
0 Kudos

I really enjoy the Twilight Series by Stephenie Meyer and am very curious as to how they are going to do the movie. Looking forward to it!

I think the series really hits a nerve with younger people. The Bela character is so believeable and Edward, I can just picture him so well in my mind. So I really can't wait to see the movie and see if my image of him is also what others see.

paulgoatallen
0 Kudos

Socalifgirl:
You bring up some great points. I have wondered why this series has sold so phenomenally while other comparable YA has had no real fanfare. My conclusion is that – like Romeo and Juliet – there's something wonderful about that first, perfect love and in a world where evil seems to pervade everything and everyone, it's a beautiful thing to read about such a "pure" relationship...
Paul

socalifgirl wrote:
I really enjoy the Twilight Series by Stephenie Meyer and am very curious as to how they are going to do the movie. Looking forward to it!
I think the series really hits a nerve with younger people. The Bela character is so believeable and Edward, I can just picture him so well in my mind. So I really can't wait to see the movie and see if my image of him is also what others see.

"There never can be a man so lost as one who is lost in the vast and intricate corridors of his own lonely mind, where none may reach and none may save..." – Isaac Asimov, Pebble in the Sky
Wordsmith
Chomp
0 Kudos

For all of you Twilight fans -- the series and the movie are the cover story in the newest issue of Entertainment Weekly. Enjoy!

Carol
So many books, so little time...
paulgoatallen
0 Kudos

I saw that Carol! I'm so psyched for Stephenie! ($$$, ahem...)
Paul
"There never can be a man so lost as one who is lost in the vast and intricate corridors of his own lonely mind, where none may reach and none may save..." – Isaac Asimov, Pebble in the Sky
Scribe
SciFiCanuck
0 Kudos

I saw the trailer for the movie...looks pretty good although it seemed more or a horror flick from what I saw. I have the first two books but haven't read them yet. Have a few more others before I read this series, but I've heard lots of good things about it. The movie is never as good as the book but I'd like to see it regardless.
My name is Teresa, and I'm a bookaholic
Current book(s): Labyrinth of Stars (Hunter Kiss #5) by Marjorie M. Liu
Just finished: The Undead Pool by Kim Harrison (The Hollows #12)
Frequent Contributor
Deliciouskiss2u
0 Kudos

Well that puts my mind at ease I was confused on if they were going to try to crame all the books in to one movie if they did that i would be pissed for sure....the characters they have chosen for the movie fit the description of the characters perfectly I hope that this movie is just as good as the books....
TEAM EDWARD!!!!!"hell's not so bad if you get to keep an angel with you."- Edward Cullen

Alicia Maria
Distinguished Bibliophile
TiggerBear
0 Kudos

Did anyone less see trailer 2? Reminds me too much of the movie rendition of "Blood and Chocolate".
Contributor
Angsoden
0 Kudos

I know that she isn't the best author in this category.  Still, I loved the books.  My mother-in-law gave them to me just after Christmas and I read them all twice so far.  I do have to admit that after stepping away from the books, I did find them predictable.  This is a characteristic I don't normally care for.  However, I was so swept up in the books that I don't think I noticed as much while reading them.  She is really good at capturing the reader into the romance.  I know that it doesn't aways appeal to men; but I think that a lot of women can relate to the emotion of that time in their lives, and many have had a whiney point in their lives too (not all of them will admit it though).

I am also looking forward to the movie.  I'm sure I'll be disappointed.  I often try to watch movies before I read the books so that I can enjoy them both more, but it doesn't always work out that way.  I will try to remember that the movie is just that and not the book.  So, we'll have to see.

New User
Valcherie4721
0 Kudos

I agree, at first I did not like the choice of Pattinson, I always saw him more ast Kyle Shmid or something of the like, and I hate the choices fro Carlysle (spelling?) and Esme they are way too old

New User
Valcherie4721
0 Kudos

LordRuthven wrote:
Yeah, I wasn't overly impressed with the trailer either. It looked like something that might have meaning to people who have read the books, but it just looked like a dude leaping through trees to me...no real resonance because I don't know what it is all about.
I have a question for the fans, though - what makes this series so good? There have been other teen vampire romance novels before this, what is it about Meyers' books that pops out and makes them superior to the others? Is her writing style better? Are the stories innovative? Just curious. This is the emergent trend in vampire fiction and I like to keep up with this stuff.

I agree, if they dont make the trailer, they are going to loose those who have not read the books, which would not be a huge loss seeing as the Twilight Series has beat the Harry potter books on the charts

Frequent Contributor
ashen_rain
0 Kudos

iloveloveloveedward wrote:

I didn't know that they had a whole twilight room.

You obviously haven't been to the "Teen Reads" board.  The reason it has twice as many threads as all the others here?  Twilight.

New User
kelsey0218
0 Kudos

Stephenie Meyers had a list actors who she wanted to play in the movie and they fitted my idea of what each character should look like, but once I saw the trailer I was sadly disappointed. The characters don't look like what I had imagined the people in the book would look like.

Im stoked to see Twilight the movie!!!! I hope it stays true to the book. Lets pray that the movie is better then the previews or trailer LOL.

-kelso

-kelso
New User
Vareal_Stormbringer
0 Kudos

I think they got close to what I had invasion for Edward but Bella was way off I hope they don't mess this movie up for me.

I lost my confidence in Hollywood after the Eragon Disaster!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

New User
kelsey0218
0 Kudos

i think both was off. wayyyyyy off. haha. who they choosed for Edward disapionted me. lol.

never read the book or seen the movie.

was the book good?

-kelso
New User
Vareal_Stormbringer
0 Kudos

Eragon?

yeah the book was great but not only did the movie change the ending and half the book, but they complty made up the half they changed. EX. killing charecters that are still alive 2 books latter later!!

Vareal_stormbringer

paulgoatallen
0 Kudos

That's the danger of Hollywood making a book into a movie. When you read a novel, you perceive characters in certain way and if the movie deviates from your visuals, it's usually disappointing. I can list dozens of movies that haven't lived up to my expectations after reading the novels:

1. Dune by Frank Herbert

2. I Am Legend by Richard Matheson

3. The Golden Compass by Philip Pullman

4.  Children of Men by P.D. James

5. Eragon by Paolini

6.  The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy by Douglas Adams

7.  The Stepford Wives by Ira Levin

8. Queen of the Damned by Anne Rice

9. Planet of the Apes by Pierre Boulle

10. 2010 by Arthur C. Clarke

11. Enemy Mine by Barry Longyear

12. Clan of the Cabe Bear by Jean Auel

13. The Puppet Masters by Robert Heinlein

And that's just off the top of my head! It's gotten to the point where I almost hope none of my favorite books are ever made into movies....

Paul