Since 1997, you’ve been coming to BarnesandNoble.com to discuss everything from Stephen King to writing to Harry Potter. You’ve made our site more than a place to discover your next book: you’ve made it a community. But like all things internet, BN.com is growing and changing. We've said goodbye to our community message boards—but that doesn’t mean we won’t still be a place for adventurous readers to connect and discover.

Now, you can explore the most exciting new titles (and remember the classics) at the Barnes & Noble Book Blog. Check out conversations with authors like Jeff VanderMeer and Gary Shteyngart at the B&N Review, and browse write-ups of the best in literary fiction. Come to our Facebook page to weigh in on what it means to be a book nerd. Browse digital deals on the NOOK blog, tweet about books with us,or self-publish your latest novella with NOOK Press. And for those of you looking for support for your NOOK, the NOOK Support Forums will still be here.

We will continue to provide you with books that make you turn pages well past midnight, discover new worlds, and reunite with old friends. And we hope that you’ll continue to tell us how you’re doing, what you’re reading, and what books mean to you.

Frequent Contributor
WendyLBastaltane
0 Kudos

Re: Upcoming Book Releases!!

2010 supernatural horror release - Encounter at North Road House

This one is worth giving some background on if you don't know...
  "Encounter at North Road House" is a supernatural horror story about a masked, invicible psychopath Jason-type who enters a house looking for another victim, but the house is haunted by ghostly spirits of wickedness.  The ghosts of the haunted house lock shut the doors and entrap the masked psychopath - and then the fun stuff begins.  Very cool!!  Get to it as soon as possible.  It should be available in a few weeks in bookstores everywhere.

Frequent Contributor
Mrbooks
0 Kudos

SciFiCanuck wrote:

K, I don't know about anyone else but I always forget one or two book releases it seems.  I thought maybe if we had a thread for them that maybe I would find the odd one that I missed.  :-)  So I've got a few on my list for March & April...anything I missed, please add it to the list!

March 23, 2010

Jenna Black: Morgan Kingsley #5 The Devil’s Playground

March 30, 2010

Terence Taylor: Vampire Testament #2 Blood Pressure

March 30, 2010

Patricia Briggs: Mercy Thompson Series - #5 Silver Borne (WOOT!)

March 30, 2010

DD Barant: The Bloodhound Files - #2 Death Blows

April 1, 2010

Jaye Wells: Sabine Kane - #2 Mage in Black

April 6, 2010

Jim Butcher – Dresden Files #12: Changes (DOUBLE WOOT!!)

April 27, 2010

J.R. Ward – BlackDagger #8 – Lover Mine

Any ideas?  What else do we have coming out?

Get me a book and ship em' to me :smileyhappy:
Inspired Bibliophile
Nelsmom
0 Kudos

Here are some of the new releases that I am looking forward to

Ghosts and Echoes 

Chaos Bites  

Magic Bleeds  

Stormwalker  

Inhuman Resources  

Daemon's Mark  

Web of Lies  

Fatal Circle  

Red Hot Fury  

A Wild Light  

As Lie the Dead  

Labyrinth  

The Darkest Edge of Dawn  

Chosen  

Bring On the Night I hope that this helps and feel free to add to the list.

Toni  

Toni L. Chapman
Everyone needs some Tender Loving Care
Inspired Wordsmith
MADIS
0 Kudos

I cannot believe I have never actually read a Patricia Briggs book, especially considering how much her name pops up.  I just picked the first Mercy Thompson book up at B&N yesterday.  I love it when I can read several in a row with no waiting :smileyhappy:.

Scribe
SciFiCanuck
0 Kudos

Awesome lineup Nelsmom!!  :-D

I'm looking forward to Chaos Bites, A Wild Light and As Lie the Dead, especially!  WOOOOOOT!!!

My name is Teresa, and I'm a bookaholic
Current book(s): Labyrinth of Stars (Hunter Kiss #5) by Marjorie M. Liu
Just finished: The Undead Pool by Kim Harrison (The Hollows #12)
Scribe
SciFiCanuck

MADIS wrote:

I cannot believe I have never actually read a Patricia Briggs book, especially considering how much her name pops up.  I just picked the first Mercy Thompson book up at B&N yesterday.  I love it when I can read several in a row with no waiting :smileyhappy:.

Hey good for you!  That's and AWESOME series and I concur...I love being able to grab one after another when there are like 5+ in a series.  :-)  I'm hoping to do this with the Black Dagger Brotherhood real soon!

Distinguished Bibliophile
TiggerBear

Nelsmom wrote:

Stormwalker  

Ok anyone know if this is book 1 or... ?And I love the cover.

A Wild Light  

(stomping feet and hallowing) WHOOOHO! YES!

paulgoatallen
0 Kudos

TiggerBear wrote:

Nelsmom wrote:

Stormwalker  

A Wild Light  

Tig:

Stormwalker is the first book in a new series from Allyson James – aka Jennifer ashley, who wrote Pride Mates. I loved Pride Mates so much I ordered this book and will be featuring it in May! I'll post the May teaser thread soon.....  :smileyhappy:

Paul

"There never can be a man so lost as one who is lost in the vast and intricate corridors of his own lonely mind, where none may reach and none may save..." – Isaac Asimov, Pebble in the Sky
TiggerBear
0 Kudos

paulgoatallen wrote:

TiggerBear wrote:

Nelsmom wrote:

Stormwalker  

A Wild Light  

Tig:

Stormwalker is the first book in a new series from Allyson James – aka Jennifer ashley, who wrote Pride Mates. I loved Pride Mates so much I ordered this book and will be featuring it in May! I'll post the May teaser thread soon.....  :smileyhappy:

Paul

Ahh I hated Pride Mates. Got 20 more pages to drag through and I'll finally tell you why.

Frequent Contributor
MrsWaki
0 Kudos

WendyLBastaltane wrote:

2010 supernatural horror release - Encounter at North Road House

This one is worth giving some background on if you don't know...
  "Encounter at North Road House" is a supernatural horror story about a masked, invicible psychopath Jason-type who enters a house looking for another victim, but the house is haunted by ghostly spirits of wickedness.  The ghosts of the haunted house lock shut the doors and entrap the masked psychopath - and then the fun stuff begins.  Very cool!!  Get to it as soon as possible.  It should be available in a few weeks in bookstores everywhere.

Yes!

Inspired Wordsmith
LordRuthven
0 Kudos

[ Edited ]

Hey Wendy, have you read anything by Bryan Smith?

Derek Tatum
Inspired Wordsmith
Sovereign_Queen
0 Kudos

Okay, this is younger YA but after interviewing the author I'm really looking forward to it:

The Boneshaker

Scribe
SciFiCanuck

One more book coming out in May I'm SUPER excited about!!!

May 25, 2010

Keri Arthur: The Riley Jenson #9  

Moon Sworn: A Riley Jenson Guardian Novel

Although it's her last in this series...I'm also very sad.  :-(

Wordsmith
3monstersmom

My wallet is going to be hating this little bit of news, but from 4/27 to 6/1 there are 14 books on my Must.Buy.Right.This.Minute. list.  I just wish they were all mass market, but 4 are hardcover.  What is biblioholic to do?  Oh yeah, eat Top Ramen instead of going without a book. LOL

My list:

Burned (House of Night Series #7) 

Kiss of Death (Morganville Vampires Series #8)  

Sandman Slim  

The Sweet Scent of Blood  

Teeth of Beasts  

Dead in the Family (Sookie Stackhouse / Southern Vampire Series #10) 

Spirit Bound (Vampire Academy Series #5)

Daemon's Mark  

Moon Sworn (Riley Jenson Guardian Series #9)  

Early to Death, Early to Rise  

Magic Bleeds  

Cheat the Grave 

Bullet (Anita Blake Vampire Hunter Series #19)  

Wordsmith
3monstersmom
0 Kudos

Oops, forgot to include:

Stormwalker 

TiggerBear
0 Kudos

3monstersmom wrote:

My wallet is going to be hating this little bit of news, but from 4/27 to 6/1 there are 14 books on my Must.Buy.Right.This.Minute. list.  I just wish they were all mass market, but 4 are hardcover.  What is biblioholic to do?  Oh yeah, eat Top Ramen instead of going without a book. LOL

The Sweet Scent of Blood  

This was actually in my hand at the bookstore this weekend. But my stack was getting too big, so I set it back.

Got any details?

Is this what I think it is?

Wordsmith
3monstersmom
0 Kudos

TiggerBear wrote:

3monstersmom wrote:

The Sweet Scent of Blood  

This was actually in my hand at the bookstore this weekend. But my stack was getting too big, so I set it back.

Got any details?

Not to many details on this one beyond the cover synopsis.  It's by an UK author.  Across the pond two books of this series are out already with the third out in November of 2010.  Looks like she was signed for another 3 for a total of six.  Has every thing from faeries to vampires to goblins.  I'm planning on picking it up today, and it will be going high up on my TBR pile.  I'll let you know how it goes. 

Depends, are you thinking that it is Kim Harrisons sequel to her Young Adult series?  Then, yes it is what your thinking.  I bought the first one without having any idea what it was.  The series has great potential, but book one was just ok. I thought.  I think book 2 is a make it or break it read for me on this series.  Should be exciting to see what happens. 

Scribe
SciFiCanuck

!

TiggerBear wrote:

3monstersmom wrote:

The Sweet Scent of Blood  

Got any details?

If you mean...is this Kim Harrison's second in her Madison Avery series, then YES!!!  Woohooo!  I read the first book and I loved it (Once Dead Twice Shy).  Looking forward to this one.  :-)

TiggerBear
0 Kudos

3monstersmom wrote:

TiggerBear wrote:

3monstersmom wrote:

The Sweet Scent of Blood  

Got any details?

Not to many details on this one beyond the cover synopsis.  It's by an UK author.  Across the pond two books of this series are out already with the third out in November of 2010.  Looks like she was signed for another 3 for a total of six.  Has every thing from faeries to vampires to goblins.  I'm planning on picking it up today, and it will be going high up on my TBR pile.  I'll let you know how it goes. 

Depends, are you thinking that it is Kim Harrisons sequel to her Young Adult series?  Then, yes it is what your thinking.  I bought the first one without having any idea what it was.  The series has great potential, but book one was just ok. I thought.  I think book 2 is a make it or break it read for me on this series.  Should be exciting to see what happens. 

Ok you know exactly as much as I did. Good to get comfirmation. Yes if you get to it before I do, I'd love to hear your thoughts.

And while I would give book one a tad more than 50/50 on scale, not much more. I'm still desiding if the lack is due to the audience it's written for. Cause I know the author can do better.

Scribe
SciFiCanuck

Yeah I am REALLY looking forward to this one...considering what happened at the end of the last book (City of Souls), I have been dying to find out where this series is going next!

Cheat the Grave by Vicki Pettersson: Book Cover