Since 1997, you’ve been coming to BarnesandNoble.com to discuss everything from Stephen King to writing to Harry Potter. You’ve made our site more than a place to discover your next book: you’ve made it a community. But like all things internet, BN.com is growing and changing. We've said goodbye to our community message boards—but that doesn’t mean we won’t still be a place for adventurous readers to connect and discover.

Now, you can explore the most exciting new titles (and remember the classics) at the Barnes & Noble Book Blog. Check out conversations with authors like Jeff VanderMeer and Gary Shteyngart at the B&N Review, and browse write-ups of the best in literary fiction. Come to our Facebook page to weigh in on what it means to be a book nerd. Browse digital deals on the NOOK blog, tweet about books with us,or self-publish your latest novella with NOOK Press. And for those of you looking for support for your NOOK, the NOOK Support Forums will still be here.

We will continue to provide you with books that make you turn pages well past midnight, discover new worlds, and reunite with old friends. And we hope that you’ll continue to tell us how you’re doing, what you’re reading, and what books mean to you.

Contributor
GregoryMartinIII
0 Kudos

Re: Upcoming Book Releases!!

SciFiCanuck wrote:

I read the first chapter of A Wild Light...holy crap.  I can't wait to read it!!!

I picked up this one today...sounds pretty good.  :-)

Tara Sheridan swore off criminal profiling years ago. By combining Tarot card divination with her own intuition, she narrowly escaped the grasp of a serial killer who left her scarred for life. She put down her cards and withdrew from work and society. Now, Sophia, a member of an ancient secret society connected to the mythic Delphic Oracle, asks Tara to find a missing scientist who has unlocked the destructive secrets of dark energy. Tara resists— she fears reawakening her long-buried talents and blames Sophia’s Daughters of Delphi for the death of her mother. But, grudgingly, she agrees to search for the missing scientist, Lowell Magnusson.

Tara travels to Las Alamos National Laboratory, the location of Magnusson’s disappearance. She meets the serious, impatient, and highly attractive Agent Harry Li— and re-encounters her old partner, Richard Corvus. Corvus is now chief of the Special Projects Division, a position Tera might have held, had she not dropped out of investigative work. Corvus considers Tara mentally imbalanced and not to be trusted— but it may be Corvus who is untrustworthy.

Tara’s investigation and Tarot cards tell her Magnusson’s daughter, Cassie, may hold the key to her father’s plans, and that they both are in grave danger. Meanwhile, Corvus and the Daughters of Delphi have their own plans...and the fate of the world hangs in the balance.

..one of my favorites

Distinguished Bibliophile
dalnewt
0 Kudos

These are some late June and July releases which I intend to read.

Black Dust Mambo release date of June 29th. 

Unholy Magic release date of July 6.

Tracking the Tempest release date July.

City of Ghosts  release date July 27.

Tongues of Serpents released date July 13 (historical/epic dragon fiction). Some other July releases which interest me are 

Discord's Apple release date July 6 (looks fascinating).

All That Lives Must Die release date of July 20 (interesting YA UF followup to Mortal Coils).

Spiritwalk  by Charles de Lint release date Aug 3 (sequel to Moonheart).         

TiggerBear
0 Kudos

dalnewt wrote:

Coils).

Um that a reprint, excellent book though.

Scribe
SciFiCanuck

Hmmmmmm, Carrie Vaughn has a new one out I see...interesting.  I will have to check it out!

My name is Teresa, and I'm a bookaholic
Current book(s): Labyrinth of Stars (Hunter Kiss #5) by Marjorie M. Liu
Just finished: The Undead Pool by Kim Harrison (The Hollows #12)
Contributor
GregoryMartinIII
0 Kudos

dalnewt wrote:

Tongues of Serpents released date July 13 (historical/epic dragon fiction). Some other July releases which interest me are 

All That Lives Must Die release date of July 20 (interesting YA UF followup to Mortal Coils).

Scribe
SciFiCanuck

I just picked up this one today...looking forward to reading it!

Bodyguard Celia Graves plies her trade in a world where vampires roam the alleys of Tinseltown and movie stars openly practice witchcraft., where streetcorner psychics have real powers and cops use memory enhancement spells on witnesses. Though she’s an ordinary human, Celia uses street smarts and charmed weapons to protect the rich and famous from mortal and supernatural threats.

She’s landed a plum job, protecting the Prince of a small but politically vital nation while he tours Los Angeles’s least savory hot spots. What should be a routine assignment goes badly wrong. Attacked by a master vampire, Celia knows she is about to die.

She’s startled to awaken on a cold metal table in a university lab. Celia Graves has become an Abomination, neither fully mortal nor fully vampire. Her “master” is hunting her, to destroy her or finish what his bite began. She’s accused of murder and the cops aren’t sure whether she should be locked up or staked. And then there’s the demon she glimpsed during the vampire attack . . . .
Struggling to cope with her new powers and trying not to terrify everyone she meets with a flash of fang, Celia reaches out for help from her once (and future?) lover, who is a powerful mage; his warrior-priest brother; a handsome werewolf who keeps his lupine nature concealed from the world; an elderly clairvoyant, and one trustworthy cop.

Celia Graves has three days to save the world, her sanity, and her soul.

Inspired Wordsmith
Sovereign_Queen
0 Kudos

This looks like it's going to be good -- I loved her bones series.

Clockwork Angel (The Infernal Devices Series #1)  

~Suzi

TiggerBear
0 Kudos

Sovereign_Queen wrote:

This looks like it's going to be good -- I loved her bones series.

Clockwork Angel (The Infernal Devices Series #1)  

~Suzi

Cool, let us know after you finish it. Nice cover too.

dalnewt
0 Kudos

[ Edited ]

For those looking for a humorous supernatural 'cozy' mystery (which includes myself), a June release entitled 

Night of the Living Deed looks very promising. After surviving a divorce from her x-husband Steven (a/k/a the Swine), Allison Kirby buys a seven bedroom four bath Victorian fixer-upper on the Jersey shore. With her daughter Melissa and mother in tow, she plans to renovate and open a guest house. Then, things start moving around on their own, and Allison gets hit on the head with a bucket of compound. When she comes to, she can see the ghosts of the former homeowner, Maxie Moline, and her bodyguard/private detective, Paul Harrison. Both ghosts claim to have been murdered and plead with Allison to find their killers. Paul explains that their official cause of death, double 'sleeping-pill' suicide, was erroneous and claims that he and Maxie were poisoned.  Allison wants nothing to do with tracking down the murderer(s) and only agrees to help after Maxie blackmails her and she starts receiving threatening e-mails and phone calls. In between home repairs, Allison tries to determine if the people/person terrifying her are somehow involved with the murders of Maxie and Paul. Zeroing in on a suspect, the proof requires Allison to employ extraordinary measures which leave her in a cemetery on Halloween night. The characters (including the ghosts) are described as engaging, witty and sympathetic. The premise and setting is charming, and magic abounds. This first installment in the 'Haunted Guest House' mystery series appears to be a winning supernatural amateur sleuth story. 

Inspired Bibliophile
Vermontcozy

Truly, Madly (Lucy Valentine Series)  This book  (EJ Coopermans) has been on my Radar ever since I went on http://wwwkillercharacters.com/  And I believe ej Cooperman will be on Mystery Cozys ,here on Bn..the above blog is amazing Authors are blogging as their Characters..and "Cozy Chicks"and guys  Sign up that as well Its all part of the same Great Group of Authors  Heather Webber Will be here on Mystery on Monday TM is a Paranormal/Romance with Much emphasis on The Paranormal Just a Great Book..and DD.2nd in the series..Due out Aug 2010...Susan Vtc

Kindness,I've discovered,is everything in life...Issac Bashevis Singer
dalnewt
0 Kudos

Vermontcozy wrote:

Truly, Madly (Lucy Valentine Series)  This book  (EJ Coopermans) has been on my Radar ever since I went on http://wwwkillercharacters.com/  And I believe ej Cooperman will be on Mystery Cozys ,here on Bn..the above blog is amazing Authors are blogging as their Characters..and "Cozy Chicks"and guys  Sign up that as well Its all part of the same Great Group of Authors  Heather Webber Will be here on Mystery on Monday TM is a Paranormal/Romance with Much emphasis on The Paranormal Just a Great Book..and DD.2nd in the series..Due out Aug 2010...Susan Vtc

Thanks for the cozy tips. Truly, Madly (Lucy Valentine Series) was already on my Wish List. I was just waiting for that lighthearted/breezy/summertime mood to strike before ordering it. Now, I've added Deeply, Desperately as well as the Night of the Living Deed (this brand new paranormal amateur sleuth series). I plan to read all of them over the summer.   

Inspired Bibliophile
Vermontcozy

dalnewt wrote:

Vermontcozy wrote:

Thanks for the cozy tips. Truly, Madly (Lucy Valentine Series) was already on my Wish List. I was just waiting for that lighthearted/breezy/summertime mood to strike before ordering it. Now, I've added Deeply, Desperately as well as the Night of the Living Deed (this brand new paranormal amateur sleuth series). I plan to read all of them over the summer.   

I think our Summer Reading will be Fun and As paulgoatallen says and I quote "Why be normal,when you can be Paranormal"...Ej Cooperman's site is excellent as well Thanks so much  Enjoy  Susan Vtc...

pen21
0 Kudos

Vermontcozy wrote:

dalnewt wrote:

Vermontcozy wrote:

I think our Summer Reading will be Fun and As paulgoatallen says and I quote "Why be normal,when you can be Paranormal"...Ej Cooperman's site is excellent as well Thanks so much  Enjoy  Susan Vtc...

Heather Webber's books are very good. I am reading some of her earlier mysteries. I checked out Night of the Living Deed at B&N tonight. It looks good. I will be adding that to my TBR. And of course Tracking the Tempest I ordered and will be here middle of next week.  Lots of fun reads.

Inspired Bibliophile
Vermontcozy
0 Kudos

pen21 wrote:

Vermontcozy wrote:

dalnewt wrote:

Vermontcozy wrote:

Heather Webber's books are very good. I am reading some of her earlier mysteries. I checked out Night of the Living Deed at B&N tonight. It looks good. I will be adding that to my TBR. And of course Tracking the Tempest I ordered and will be here middle of next week.  Lots of fun reads.

I hope PaulGoat Allen didn't mind his Why be normal when you can be Paranormal.  :  ).I just love that..Good Book Selections here and dainewt,I am extending an Invitation from myself and pen21  to have coffee with us tomorrow on Heather Webbers Thread...A Good Sunday  SusanVtc...

Frequent Contributor
Edison43

dalnewt wrote:

Yummy :mantongue:

Contributor
HenryReader
0 Kudos

dalnewt wrote:

Scribe
SciFiCanuck

Here is my purchase list:

June 29, 2010

Jocelynn Drake: Dark Days Novels #4 - Pray for Dawn

Carrie Vaughn: Kitty Norville #8 - Kitty Goes to War

Adrian Phoenix: Hoodoo #1 – Black Dust Mambo

Yasmine Galenorn: Indigo Court #1 – Night Myst

July 1, 2010

Dakota Banks: Mortal Path’s #2 - Sacrifice

Nicole Peeler: Jane True #2 - Tracking the Tempest

July 6, 2010

Sharon Ashwood: The Dark Forgotten #3 - Unchained

Stacia Kane: Downside #2 - Unholy Magic

:-D

dalnewt
0 Kudos

I just purchased the first installment in a new vampire series written by Cat Adams, a pseudonym for the writing team of C. T. Adams and Cathy Clamp. The book's entitled

Blood Song. Released in June, this book looks like an action-packed vampire adventure. Here's an editorial review of the book:

Publishers Weekly

In this fast-paced urban fantasy, Adams (Magic's Design), the joint pseudonym for C.T. Adams and Cathy Clamp (the Sazi series), introduces readers to a new world full of treachery and action. Tough-as-nails bodyguard Celia Graves protects the rich and famous from ghosts, demons, and other supernatural entities. While guarding the prince of a tiny European country, Celia is caught in a vampire ambush that leaves her wounded and partially transformed. Now she has to figure out her new limits and powers, destroy her sire before he can control her, and put together the pieces of a larger plan in which she's just a pawn. The story line and setting will draw in readers from the start, but late revelations may have them paging backwards to pick up on clues, and some answers will just have to wait for the sequels. (June)

Frequent Contributor
Edison43
0 Kudos

Yes, of course. Good choice! I just purchased the first installment in a new vampire series written by Cat Adams, a pseudonym for the writing team of C. T. Adams and Cathy Clamp. The book's entitled Blood Song. Released in June, this book looks like an action-packed vampire adventure. Here's an editorial review of the book: Publishers Weekly In this fast-paced urban fantasy, Adams (Magic's Design), the joint pseudonym for C.T. Adams and Cathy Clamp (the Sazi series), introduces readers to a new world full of treachery and action. Tough-as-nails bodyguard Celia Graves protects the rich and famous from ghosts, demons, and other supernatural entities. While guarding the prince of a tiny European country, Celia is caught in a vampire ambush that leaves her wounded and partially transformed. Now she has to figure out her new limits and powers, destroy her sire before he can control her, and put together the pieces of a larger plan in which she's just a pawn. The story line and setting will draw in readers from the start, but late revelations may have them paging backwards to pick up on clues, and some answers will just have to wait for the sequels. (June)
Contributor
PhantomGhost
0 Kudos

all i well here with me!

dalnewt wrote: