Since 1997, you’ve been coming to BarnesandNoble.com to discuss everything from Stephen King to writing to Harry Potter. You’ve made our site more than a place to discover your next book: you’ve made it a community. But like all things internet, BN.com is growing and changing. We've said goodbye to our community message boards—but that doesn’t mean we won’t still be a place for adventurous readers to connect and discover.

Now, you can explore the most exciting new titles (and remember the classics) at the Barnes & Noble Book Blog. Check out conversations with authors like Jeff VanderMeer and Gary Shteyngart at the B&N Review, and browse write-ups of the best in literary fiction. Come to our Facebook page to weigh in on what it means to be a book nerd. Browse digital deals on the NOOK blog, tweet about books with us,or self-publish your latest novella with NOOK Press. And for those of you looking for support for your NOOK, the NOOK Support Forums will still be here.

We will continue to provide you with books that make you turn pages well past midnight, discover new worlds, and reunite with old friends. And we hope that you’ll continue to tell us how you’re doing, what you’re reading, and what books mean to you.

Wordsmith
3monstersmom
0 Kudos

Re: Upcoming Book Releases!!

Thank You! :smileyhappy:  Now if I could just get rid of this stupid cough that won't let go. :smileymad:

Inspired Wordsmith
FaeryQueen
0 Kudos

3monstersmom wrote:

What's on everyone's August list?  My list seems rather small, just Kat Richardson and two YA series that I read.  I know there has to be something I'm missing.

Here is my August list....

August 3, 2010

Michelle Sagara - Cast in Chaos (Elantra #6)

Kelley Armstrong - Walking the Witch (I think this one came out early?)

Rachel Caine - Total Eclipse (Weather Warden #9)

Deborah Cooke - Whisper Kiss (Dragonfire #5)

Eoin Colfer - The Atlantis Complex (Artemis Fowl #7)

August 24, 2010

Larissa Ione - Sin Undone (Demonica #5)

Kresley Cole - Demon From the Dark

August 31, 2010

Christine Feehan - Dark Peril (Carpathians)

Lynsay Sands - Born to Bite (Argeneau Vampires)

BTW - I saw on Rachel Caine's website that Total Eclipse is the last in the Weather Warden series.  :smileysad:

Distinguished Bibliophile
dalnewt
0 Kudos

Simon R. Green, author of the iconic Nightside series and Eddie Drood series, is coming out with a new series in September with

Ghost of a Chance (Ghostfinders Series #1). Here's the short synopsis:

A brand-new series from the New York Times bestselling author of the Nightside novels! 

The Carnacki Institute exists to "Do Something" about Ghosts-and agents JC Chance, Melody Chambers, and Happy Jack Palmer will either lay them to rest, send them packing, or kick their nasty ectoplasmic arses with extreme prejudice.

Also Seanan McGuire's third installment in the October Daye fae mystery series is going to be released September 7 and is entitled 

An Artificial Night

TiggerBear

dalnewt wrote:

Simon R. Green, author of the iconic Nightside series and Eddie Drood series, is coming out with a new series in September with

A brand-new series from the New York Times bestselling author of the Nightside novels!  The Carnacki Institute exists to "Do Something" about Ghosts-and agents JC Chance, Melody Chambers, and Happy Jack Palmer will either lay them to rest, send them packing, or kick their nasty ectoplasmic arses with extreme prejudice.

I have heard some VERY mixed scuttlebutt about this book. Paul if you get an early shot at it, I'd love your opinion!

dalnewt

TiggerBear wrote:

dalnewt wrote:

A brand-new series from the New York Times bestselling author of the Nightside novels!  The Carnacki Institute exists to "Do Something" about Ghosts-and agents JC Chance, Melody Chambers, and Happy Jack Palmer will either lay them to rest, send them packing, or kick their nasty ectoplasmic arses with extreme prejudice.

I have heard some VERY mixed scuttlebutt about this book. Paul if you get an early shot at it, I'd love your opinion!

Me too Paul. I would really appreciate your thoughts on this book.

Also, TiggerBear, I'd really like to know the nature of the conflicting buzz on the book.

TiggerBear
0 Kudos

dalnewt wrote:

TiggerBear wrote:

dalnewt wrote:

Also, TiggerBear, I'd really like to know the nature of the conflicting buzz on the book.

Well I ask cause I've heard, YAY! all the way to his worst book ever. Some of his super fans can not wait for the next one in this series and just as many are very disappointed.

I ask because it's a lot of net buzz, no real reviews yet. And who know nowadays if half of the people talking about it ever even read it. Net buzz can be right on the mark or equal fluffed air.

I love Mr. Green's books, but I want a real yes I've read it and this is what I think opinion. Of his 3 series I only like 2, and I hesitate to guess for 4. (shrug)

Inspired Bibliophile
Vermontcozy
0 Kudos

TiggerBear wrote:

dalnewt wrote:

TiggerBear wrote:

dalnewt wrote:

Well I ask cause I've heard, YAY! all the way to his worst book ever. Some of his super fans can not wait for the next one in this series and just as many are very disappointed.

I ask because it's a lot of net buzz, no real reviews yet. And who know nowadays if half of the people talking about it ever even read it. Net buzz can be right on the mark or equal fluffed air.

I love Mr. Green's books, but I want a real yes I've read it and this is what I think opinion. Of his 3 series I only like 2, and I hesitate to guess for 4. (shrug)

I have checked atuf for a review of "Ghost of Chance, which because its the start of a series..is on my TBR"also Bitten by Books..It seems like they haven't received a copy or haven't reviewed it yet..The Image is posted .Seanan McGuire "Rosemary and Rue".,with the Welsh Celtic Myth Theme..is now on my TBR. as well.TBear and dainewt..This can be very addictive..But you both know that lol...Susan

Kindness,I've discovered,is everything in life...Issac Bashevis Singer
paulgoatallen
0 Kudos

TiggerBear wrote:

dalnewt wrote:

Absolutely, Tig!

Paul
"There never can be a man so lost as one who is lost in the vast and intricate corridors of his own lonely mind, where none may reach and none may save..." – Isaac Asimov, Pebble in the Sky
TiggerBear
0 Kudos

paulgoatallen wrote:

TiggerBear wrote:

dalnewt wrote:

Absolutely, Tig!

Paul

Cool, looking forward to it!

paulgoatallen
0 Kudos

TiggerBear wrote:

paulgoatallen wrote:

TiggerBear wrote:

dalnewt wrote:

Absolutely, Tig!

Paul

It's in the pile, Tig – I'll try yo get to it in the next few weeks!

Paul
"There never can be a man so lost as one who is lost in the vast and intricate corridors of his own lonely mind, where none may reach and none may save..." – Isaac Asimov, Pebble in the Sky
TiggerBear
0 Kudos

paulgoatallen wrote:

TiggerBear wrote:

paulgoatallen wrote:

TiggerBear wrote:

dalnewt wrote:

Absolutely, Tig!

Paul

It's in the pile, Tig – I'll try yo get to it in the next few weeks!

Paul

No hurry, we know you're a busy book pimp. :smileyvery-happy:

Scribe
SciFiCanuck

Well I was looking into the next Dark Bretheren book by Tracey O'Hara...Deaths Sweet Embrace...  Looks like the release date has been bumped from August 15 to January 2011!!  Phooey.  :-(

My name is Teresa, and I'm a bookaholic
Current book(s): Labyrinth of Stars (Hunter Kiss #5) by Marjorie M. Liu
Just finished: The Undead Pool by Kim Harrison (The Hollows #12)
Scribe
SciFiCanuck

FaeryQueen wrote:

3monstersmom wrote:

What's on everyone's August list?  My list seems rather small, just Kat Richardson and two YA series that I read.  I know there has to be something I'm missing.

Here is my August list....

August 3, 2010

Michelle Sagara - Cast in Chaos (Elantra #6)

Kelley Armstrong - Walking the Witch (I think this one came out early?)

Rachel Caine - Total Eclipse (Weather Warden #9)

Deborah Cooke - Whisper Kiss (Dragonfire #5)

Eoin Colfer - The Atlantis Complex (Artemis Fowl #7)

August 24, 2010

Larissa Ione - Sin Undone (Demonica #5)

Kresley Cole - Demon From the Dark

August 31, 2010

Christine Feehan - Dark Peril (Carpathians)

Lynsay Sands - Born to Bite (Argeneau Vampires)

BTW - I saw on Rachel Caine's website that Total Eclipse is the last in the Weather Warden series.  :smileysad:

Actually I have the next Larissa Ione book (Sin Undone) as September 1 for the release date...you may want to double check that.  :-)

AND WHAT???  Total Eclipse is the last???  NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO  :-(((((

I am VERY sad about that.  I love this series.  First the Riley Jenson series by Keri Arthur, now this one.  ~sniffle~

Scribe
SciFiCanuck

dalnewt wrote:

A brand-new series from the New York Times bestselling author of the Nightside novels! 

The Carnacki Institute exists to "Do Something" about Ghosts-and agents JC Chance, Melody Chambers, and Happy Jack Palmer will either lay them to rest, send them packing, or kick their nasty ectoplasmic arses with extreme prejudice.

Also Seanan McGuire's third installment in the October Daye fae mystery series is going to be released September 7 and is entitled 

An Artificial Night

Coooooooool!  Thanks!  :-D

Inspired Bibliophile
Vermontcozy
0 Kudos

Darkfever (Fever Series #1)  Very early on..She is  Abroad..will not post where..no spoilers.But it is holding my interest.  Both are free ebooks...Thanks to PaulH...Has anyone read any of these? Susan

Distinguished Wordsmith
jgmme

[ Edited ]

3monstersmom wrote:

My list for this month is short too. here it is...

As Lie the Dead 

The Darkest Edge of Dawn  

Chosen  

Game of Cages   

Wow this is my 100th post!!

Jo

shhhhh....I'm reading.
TiggerBear
0 Kudos

Vermontcozy wrote:

Darkfever (Fever Series #1)  Very early on..She is  Abroad..will not post where..no spoilers.But it is holding my interest.  Both are free ebooks...Thanks to PaulH...Has anyone read any of these? Susan

The Moning Fever series yes, well 3 books anyway. Pretty good, they're among many peoples fav lists.

Happy reading!

Inspired Wordsmith
FaeryQueen
0 Kudos

SciFiCanuck wrote:
Actually I have the next Larissa Ione book (Sin Undone) as September 1 for the release date...you may want to double check that.  :-)

I am VERY sad about that.  I love this series.  First the Riley Jenson series by Keri Arthur, now this one.  ~sniffle~

I checked and B&N has Sin Undone listed at 8/24....

I haven't read Total Eclipse yet, but with the way Caine ended Cape Storm, I couldn't see how she could keep going.  Hopefully we will still get snippets of Joanne and the gang in the Outcast Season books.

And now to brag a little....I saw on B&N.com that Sherrilyn Kenyon will be at my local B&N store for the 9/7 release of No Mercy!  Woo Hoo!  Usually the only author who has signings here is Kim Harrison (and she lives maybe 10 miles from me).

Inspired Bibliophile
Vermontcozy
0 Kudos

TiggerBear wrote:

Vermontcozy wrote:

The Moning Fever series yes, well 3 books anyway. Pretty good, they're among many peoples fav lists.

Happy reading!

Thanks  TBear.I like going to Dublin for some answers..Been reading on...Good inbetween book for me....

Scribe
SciFiCanuck

FaeryQueen wrote:

SciFiCanuck wrote:

I checked and B&N has Sin Undone listed at 8/24....

I haven't read Total Eclipse yet, but with the way Caine ended Cape Storm, I couldn't see how she could keep going.  Hopefully we will still get snippets of Joanne and the gang in the Outcast Season books.

And now to brag a little....I saw on B&N.com that Sherrilyn Kenyon will be at my local B&N store for the 9/7 release of No Mercy!  Woo Hoo!  Usually the only author who has signings here is Kim Harrison (and she lives maybe 10 miles from me).

Chapters.ca says September 1 so I would take that August 24 date with a grain of salt.  :-)

The end of Cape Storm was completely shocking but I imagine they will get them back somehow in Total Eclipse.  I love her new Outcast series as well.  I would be nice to have Jo and Co. make appearances once in a while!