Since 1997, you’ve been coming to BarnesandNoble.com to discuss everything from Stephen King to writing to Harry Potter. You’ve made our site more than a place to discover your next book: you’ve made it a community. But like all things internet, BN.com is growing and changing. We've said goodbye to our community message boards—but that doesn’t mean we won’t still be a place for adventurous readers to connect and discover.

Now, you can explore the most exciting new titles (and remember the classics) at the Barnes & Noble Book Blog. Check out conversations with authors like Jeff VanderMeer and Gary Shteyngart at the B&N Review, and browse write-ups of the best in literary fiction. Come to our Facebook page to weigh in on what it means to be a book nerd. Browse digital deals on the NOOK blog, tweet about books with us,or self-publish your latest novella with NOOK Press. And for those of you looking for support for your NOOK, the NOOK Support Forums will still be here.

We will continue to provide you with books that make you turn pages well past midnight, discover new worlds, and reunite with old friends. And we hope that you’ll continue to tell us how you’re doing, what you’re reading, and what books mean to you.

Scribe
SciFiCanuck

Upcoming Book Releases!!

K, I don't know about anyone else but I always forget one or two book releases it seems.  I thought maybe if we had a thread for them that maybe I would find the odd one that I missed.  :-)  So I've got a few on my list for March & April...anything I missed, please add it to the list!

March 23, 2010

Jenna Black: Morgan Kingsley #5 The Devil’s Playground

March 30, 2010

Terence Taylor: Vampire Testament #2 Blood Pressure

March 30, 2010

Patricia Briggs: Mercy Thompson Series - #5 Silver Borne (WOOT!)

March 30, 2010

DD Barant: The Bloodhound Files - #2 Death Blows

April 1, 2010

Jaye Wells: Sabine Kane - #2 Mage in Black

April 6, 2010

Jim Butcher – Dresden Files #12: Changes (DOUBLE WOOT!!)

April 27, 2010

J.R. Ward – BlackDagger #8 – Lover Mine

My name is Teresa, and I'm a bookaholic
Current book(s): Labyrinth of Stars (Hunter Kiss #5) by Marjorie M. Liu
Just finished: The Undead Pool by Kim Harrison (The Hollows #12)
Wordsmith
3monstersmom

Re: Upcoming Book Releases!!

I have pretty much the same list.  The only ones I can add are:

April 1, 2010

Richelle Mead: Georgina Kincaid series - #5 Succubus Shadows

April 1, 2010

Gail Carriger: Parasol Protectorate -  #2 Changeless

Also have 2 out of the 3 YA series I actually like to read coming out with new ones in April.

April 27, 2010

P.C. Cast, Kristen Cast:  House of Night -  #7 Burned

April 27, 2010

Rachel Caine: Morganville Vampire Series - #8 Kiss of Death  

May is a little insane on book releases.  There are 7 alone in that month that I know I have to buy.

paulgoatallen
0 Kudos

FYI:

April Features in Paranormal Fantasy

1. Silver Borne by Patricia Briggs (March 30)

2. Mage in Black by Jaye Wells (4/1/10)

3. And Falling, Fly by Skyler White (debut novel)

Great, great, and great!

Paul

"There never can be a man so lost as one who is lost in the vast and intricate corridors of his own lonely mind, where none may reach and none may save..." – Isaac Asimov, Pebble in the Sky
Inspired Wordsmith
MADIS
0 Kudos

Do not forget Kelley Armstrong, Tales of the Otherworld on April 13th.

Scribe
SciFiCanuck

Great lineup Paul!!  :-D  Some great reading ahead!

See!!  I didn't know about this one!

April 1, 2010

Richelle Mead: Georgina Kincaid series - #5 Succubus Shadows

Inspired Wordsmith
Sovereign_Queen
0 Kudos

Wow, so many great books.  I wish I had a bigger book buying budget.

I am very excited about Gail Carriger's Changeless.  I laughed my butt off all through Soulless.  Gail's actually going to guest blog on the group Steampunk blog I'm a part of on April fools day.  I have to think of silly interview questions for her, lol.

I'm also looking forward to:

April 27 -- The Darkly Luminous Fight for Persephone Parker by Leanne Hieber

It's book 2 in a series.  it's not exactly Steampunk.  It's more gaslamp fantasy with really great world building.  She's actually part of the group steampunk blog I'm on and super sweet. 

Inspired Wordsmith
FaeryQueen
0 Kudos

Another one to add for the PNR crowd...

April 27 - Wild Fire, Christine Feehan (Leopard series)

Scribe
SciFiCanuck

Re: Upcoming Book Releases & Monthy Features!

*Bumping*  :-)

Author
M_Pelegrimas
0 Kudos

And don't forget:

April 27th

Skinners Book 3: Teeth of Beasts

I've heard great things about this one.  Heh.

"The skulls...the bodies...you give it all such a glow. I don't know if it's art, but I like it!"
paulgoatallen
0 Kudos

M_Pelegrimas wrote:

And don't forget:

April 27th

Skinners Book 3: Teeth of Beasts

I've heard great things about this one.  Heh.

Marcus:

Just emailed you....

Paul

"There never can be a man so lost as one who is lost in the vast and intricate corridors of his own lonely mind, where none may reach and none may save..." – Isaac Asimov, Pebble in the Sky
Scribe
SciFiCanuck

Teeth of Beasts???

WHAT?!?!  OMG I completely forgot!  Woohoo!  Thanks Marcus....I'm very excited.  :-D

paulgoatallen
0 Kudos

SciFiCanuck wrote:

Teeth of Beasts???

WHAT?!?!  OMG I completely forgot!  Woohoo!  Thanks Marcus....I'm very excited.  :-D

It's a May feature. And Marcus WILL be stopping by!!!!

Paul

Inspired Wordsmith
LordRuthven
0 Kudos

[ Edited ]

Sovereign_Queen wrote:

April 27 -- The Darkly Luminous Fight for Persephone Parker by Leanne Hieber

It's book 2 in a series.  it's not exactly Steampunk.  It's more gaslamp fantasy with really great world building.  She's actually part of the group steampunk blog I'm on and super sweet. 

Leanna is a very fun person to be around. She is good friends with my friend Alethea Kontis, and that alone spoke volumes to me. Carol read an early book by Leanna and loved it. As soon as I met Leanna, I felt like I had known her for years. Whenever I talk to Leanna, we wind up talking about Gothic fiction, the Phantom of the Opera, or darkwave music. I look forward to seeing her later this year.

Derek Tatum
Inspired Wordsmith
LordRuthven

[ Edited ]

Derek Tatum
Scribe
SciFiCanuck

LordRuthven wrote:

This one does sound good...AND they have it in the book store downstairs.  Although, I just ordered 10 books online with my birthday giftcard, LOL!  I've probably got enough to last me for a while.  :-)

Inspired Wordsmith
Sovereign_Queen
0 Kudos

LordRuthven wrote:

Leanna is a very fun person to be around. She is good friends with my friend Alethea Kontis, and that alone spoke volumes to me. Carol read an early book by Leanna and loved it. As soon as I met Leanna, I felt like I had known her for years. Whenever I talk to Leanna, we wind up talking about Gothic fiction, the Phantom of the Opera, or darkwave music. I look forward to seeing her later this year.

I felt that way the first time I met her in real life.  I'm looking forward to seeing her this summer, too.  Her passion and zeal are contagious, lol.

~Suzi

Distinguished Bibliophile
dalnewt
0 Kudos

LordRuthven wrote:

This book looks interesting. Thanks for the tip. Perhaps you should move or repost your message in the New and Recommended thread.

Inspired Bibliophile
Vermontcozy
0 Kudos

Hush, Hush  Hi PaulGA and All..The Sequel to "Hush,Hush","Crescendo" will be released Nov 2011 Author Becca Fitzpatrick.... Visit fallenarchangel.com.to see in real time:The Artist Rendering being drawn  for the "Crescendo"book cover'''This all takes place Sat. 4/10..Visit website before ,for time,in your zone...This is the 2nd in Becca's Hush,Hush  world so to speak..Been waiting anxiously..Thanks......Vermontcozy...Susan...

Kindness,I've discovered,is everything in life...Issac Bashevis Singer
Scribe
SciFiCanuck

Vermontcozy wrote:

Hush, Hush  Hi PaulGA and All..The Sequel to "Hush,Hush","Crescendo" will be released Nov 2011 Author Becca Fitzpatrick.... Visit fallenarchangel.com.to see in real time:The Artist Rendering being drawn  for the "Crescendo"book cover'''This all takes place Sat. 4/10..Visit website before ,for time,in your zone...This is the 2nd in Becca's Hush,Hush  world so to speak..Been waiting anxiously..Thanks......Vermontcozy...Susan...

Cool thanks...I did read the first one and thought it was okay.  You sure it's 2011 though?  That's like the end of next year.  :-)

Inspired Bibliophile
Vermontcozy
0 Kudos

[ Edited ]
SciFiCanuck wrote:

Vermontcozy wrote:

Cool thanks...I did read the first one and thought it was okay.  You sure it's 2011 though?  That's like the end of next year.  :-)

Opps!!  Thanks so much for bringing this to my Attention....2010 EVERYONE"Crescendo" Sequel to Hush,Hush....will be Released Nov 2010...Will see you this Sat 4/10? The Actual Cover was Photographed by James Porto..He  also did the cover for Hush,Hush..jamesporto.com  Vtc   Susan...

Kindness,I've discovered,is everything in life...Issac Bashevis Singer