Since 1997, you’ve been coming to BarnesandNoble.com to discuss everything from Stephen King to writing to Harry Potter. You’ve made our site more than a place to discover your next book: you’ve made it a community. But like all things internet, BN.com is growing and changing. We've said goodbye to our community message boards—but that doesn’t mean we won’t still be a place for adventurous readers to connect and discover.

Now, you can explore the most exciting new titles (and remember the classics) at the Barnes & Noble Book Blog. Check out conversations with authors like Jeff VanderMeer and Gary Shteyngart at the B&N Review, and browse write-ups of the best in literary fiction. Come to our Facebook page to weigh in on what it means to be a book nerd. Browse digital deals on the NOOK blog, tweet about books with us,or self-publish your latest novella with NOOK Press. And for those of you looking for support for your NOOK, the NOOK Support Forums will still be here.

We will continue to provide you with books that make you turn pages well past midnight, discover new worlds, and reunite with old friends. And we hope that you’ll continue to tell us how you’re doing, what you’re reading, and what books mean to you.

Wordsmith
ThirstyFlea
0 Kudos

Re: WHAT BOOKS OR SERIES WOULD YOU LIKE TO SEE MADE INTO A MOVIE?

My thoughts exactly !!!

A book is a loaded gun in the house next door... Who knows who might be the target of the well-read man? ~ Ray Bradbury, Fahrenheit 451
Correspondent
BookLoverDT
0 Kudos

I would love to see the Kate Daniels series by Ilona Andrews, Victoria Laurie Ghouls series, Patricia Briggs Mercy Thompson series, and Carrie Vaughn Kitty Norville series.

"Nothing in life is to be feared, it is only to be understood. Now is the time to understand more, so that we may fear less."-Marie Curie
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Reader
HollowWonder
0 Kudos

I don't think there are any movies I've seen that have even rivaled the books they were modeled after. I usually end up disappointed in the movies and have to reread the book to fix it.

Contributor
sami23
0 Kudos

i think that the Immortal Series (evermore,Blue moon, shadowland, Dark Flame) by,Alyson Noel 

And  Vampier kisses series  by:Ellen Schreiber

New User
Hally627
0 Kudos

I agree that the FEVER series by KM moning should be made into a movie!I can't wait for the fifth book! I also want to add The Immortal series by Alyson Noel.

Contributor
Brekka
0 Kudos

3monstersmom wrote:

paulgoatallen wrote:

Just ran across the poster for the upcoming Clash of the Titans movie in 3D.... Any thoughts?

Paul

My husband is sure that this movie is going to be horrible and is already criticizing the previews.  He is a HUGE fan of the 1981 Clash of the Titans movie (I don't understand how), and thinks the new movie just might ruin it.  I, on the other hand, am looking forward to the new movie, being that I have been forced to watch the 1981 movie more than any other female in the US.  The 2010 one at least has better stunts, cool effects, and (pray to God) some nice eye candy.  If that criteria can be met, I won't even care about dialogue at this point.

I loved the original movie and I think your husband was right they butchered the story!!! Why change it and make Hades the bad guy when he wasn't even in the original movie?? Hera was the bad guy in the original movie and it made sense with Zeus being ...well Zeus. I was so disappointed in that movie.

Time is the coin of your life.
It is the only coin you have,
and only you can determine how it will be spent,
Be careful lest you let other people spend it for you- Carl Sandburg
Contributor
Brekka
0 Kudos

[ Edited ]

Joan_P wrote:

slb wrote:

I would love to see some of my favorite books made into movies. Several choices would be Stephanie Plum series by Janet Evanovich, Anita Blake, Vampire Hunter series by Laurell Hamilton, Rachel Morgan series by Kim Harrison, amd Fever Series by MK Moning.

These would all be great ones.

What do you think?

slb wrote:

I would love to see some of my favorite books made into movies. Several choices would be Stephanie Plum series by Janet Evanovich, Anita Blake, Vampire Hunter series by Laurell Hamilton, Rachel Morgan series by Kim Harrison, amd Fever Series by MK Moning.

What do you think?

I heard the Fever series by Moning might actually be made into a movie. Moning gets my vote for Fever and Highlander series made into a movie or two!! I've read the Fever series and have started the Highlander series. The Fae are all over the place!

The Fever series would make a great movie it would very easily translate to the big screen, if done right of course. 

Contributor
Brekka
0 Kudos

[ Edited ]

TiggerBear wrote:

paulgoatallen wrote:

But – UGH – Bubo the Mechanical Owl WILL be in the remake. I hated that thing.....
http://www.firstshowing.net/2010/02/11/confirmed-bubo-the-mechanical-owl-is-in-clash-of-the-titans/

Dude what have you got against Bubo? Always thought he was cute.

Bubo was a heck of a lot better than an angel-ish cheracter they put in the movie instead for crying out loud!!

New User
JennaBeanCa
0 Kudos

[ Edited ]

I totally agree about the Black Dagger Brotherhood. I dont think it would be too difficult. However, a series on HBO or premium channel may be feasable since there are so many characters to spotlight.

New User
JennaBeanCa

I would love to see Sherrilyn Kenyon's Dark-Hunter Series. However, it would need ot be a series instead of a movie. The character's are larger than life and may be hard to portray. At least how I see them in my mind. Also, JR Ward's Black Dagger Brotherhood, Lara Adrian's Midnight Breed Series, Christine Feehan's Dark Series or Wild Series and I also think Lori Foster has some great romance books that would work. Her SBC fighter series are wonderful and I think since MMA is gaining more ground in the sports world, that might actually be quite successful as a series. None would be a good movie, because you need more. Not just 2 hrs.

New User
jessicabree
0 Kudos

Really interesting topic...

I am torn because everyone knows the movies rarely do the book justice.  At the same time I am not great at imagining how things look, so I loved the Harry Potter movies because I get to see it come to life so to speak, and it added something for me.

I know they are making Melissa Marr's book into a movie... I just love her faery books so I hope they don't screw it up too bad!  I am worried Seth will be all emo and whiny and ruin the books for me! lol

I have to agree on the Fever series but I vote TV show.  It would be like a new Angel/Buffy :smileywink:

Reader 4
cherikeeusa
0 Kudos

I'm hoping to see The Hunger Games by Suzanne Collins. The series plays perfectlly as a movie in my head.

Contributor
beadedchihuahua
0 Kudos

slb wrote:

What do you think?

Awesome choices. Definately Karen monings Fever series.

New User
arrokidd
0 Kudos

Doppelganger by David Stahler Jr.

The book is not very popular but I'ts actually very good. :smileywink:

Outside of a dog, a book is man's best friend. Inside of a dog, it's too dark to read.

Groucho Marx
New User
arrokidd
0 Kudos

arrokidd wrote:

Doppelganger by David Stahler Jr.

The book is not very popular but I'ts actually very good. :smileywink:

Ok.. maybe a made-for-television movie...

Outside of a dog, a book is man's best friend. Inside of a dog, it's too dark to read.

Groucho Marx
New User
Ticia2022

This is easy for me... the Brotherhood series by J.R. Ward. Amazing

New User
Ticia2022
0 Kudos

I agree 100%

New User
Winterjack
0 Kudos

The Grim Arcana.

But I'm biased.

:smileywink:

I would gaze at your face the whole night through. I'd go out of my mind but for you. -Sting
Contributor
Beretta4ever
0 Kudos

I would absolutely love to see the Vampire Academy series made into movies.  I think they would be wonderful due to all the adventure and twists that each book has.  Each one also possesses its own love story of sorts.  I think this series of vampire books could produce better movies than the Twilight Saga movies.  I loved the series and anyone interested should definitely give them a chance. 

Vampire Academy (Vampire Academy Series #1) 

Last Sacrifice (Vampire Academy Series #6) 

Blood Promise (Vampire Academy Series #4)  

Spirit Bound (Vampire Academy Series #5)  

Shadow Kiss (Vampire Academy Series #3)  

Frostbite (Vampire Academy Series #2)  

Contributor
Beretta4ever
0 Kudos

When's Melissa Marr's movie supposed come out? Just on the first book?