Since 1997, you’ve been coming to BarnesandNoble.com to discuss everything from Stephen King to writing to Harry Potter. You’ve made our site more than a place to discover your next book: you’ve made it a community. But like all things internet, BN.com is growing and changing. We've said goodbye to our community message boards—but that doesn’t mean we won’t still be a place for adventurous readers to connect and discover.

Now, you can explore the most exciting new titles (and remember the classics) at the Barnes & Noble Book Blog. Check out conversations with authors like Jeff VanderMeer and Gary Shteyngart at the B&N Review, and browse write-ups of the best in literary fiction. Come to our Facebook page to weigh in on what it means to be a book nerd. Browse digital deals on the NOOK blog, tweet about books with us,or self-publish your latest novella with NOOK Press. And for those of you looking for support for your NOOK, the NOOK Support Forums will still be here.

We will continue to provide you with books that make you turn pages well past midnight, discover new worlds, and reunite with old friends. And we hope that you’ll continue to tell us how you’re doing, what you’re reading, and what books mean to you.

Reply
Inspired Bibliophile
Vermontcozy
Posts: 5,279
Registered: ‎10-20-2008
0 Kudos

Re: Welcome to Guilty Pleasures: The Paranormal Pub – Off-Topic Chat Served Up Daily

You Do? I was? Those Days are a Little Blurry too...Deb remembers I'm Sure...She Was Rockin then,BTW You were to...I Have Pictures!!!
Kindness,I've discovered,is everything in life...Issac Bashevis Singer
Moderator
dhaupt
Posts: 11,865
Registered: ‎10-19-2006
0 Kudos

Re: Welcome to Guilty Pleasures: The Paranormal Pub – Off-Topic Chat Served Up Daily


Vermontcozy wrote:
You Do? I was? Those Days are a Little Blurry too...Deb remembers I'm Sure...She Was Rockin then,BTW You were to...I Have Pictures!!!

hmmm, pictures, this is not good

I'm already in trouble for being on Youtube :smileyhappy:

Distinguished Bibliophile
dalnewt
Posts: 2,725
Registered: ‎06-16-2009

Re: Welcome to Guilty Pleasures: The Paranormal Pub – Off-Topic Chat Served Up Daily

april fools day

 

 

 

Sorry I haven't been round lately. I haven't read a book either. Not for the last week. I guess the 70 and 80 degree weather distracted me. Yeah, I know, an inexcusable lapse.

Moderator
paulgoatallen
Posts: 7,327
Registered: ‎08-16-2007
0 Kudos

Re: Welcome to Guilty Pleasures: The Paranormal Pub – Off-Topic Chat Served Up Daily

[ Edited ]

Dalnewt! Welcome back – you bring up an interesting topic – April Fools' Day. What would be a good literary hoax?

"There never can be a man so lost as one who is lost in the vast and intricate corridors of his own lonely mind, where none may reach and none may save..." – Isaac Asimov, Pebble in the Sky
Inspired Wordsmith
FaeryQueen
Posts: 347
Registered: ‎01-04-2009

Re: Welcome to Guilty Pleasures: The Paranormal Pub – Off-Topic Chat Served Up Daily

Since I just got back from a Carribean cruise and its starting to get warm at home......tropical drinks for all.....

 

Colada

daiquiris

Moderator
paulgoatallen
Posts: 7,327
Registered: ‎08-16-2007
0 Kudos

Re: Welcome to Guilty Pleasures: The Paranormal Pub – Off-Topic Chat Served Up Daily


FaeryQueen wrote:

Since I just got back from a Carribean cruise and its starting to get warm at home......tropical drinks for all.....

 

Colada

daiquiris


Hope you had FUN!!!

"There never can be a man so lost as one who is lost in the vast and intricate corridors of his own lonely mind, where none may reach and none may save..." – Isaac Asimov, Pebble in the Sky
Wordsmith
ThirstyFlea
Posts: 308
Registered: ‎06-05-2010
0 Kudos

Re: Welcome to Guilty Pleasures: The Paranormal Pub – Off-Topic Chat Served Up Daily


paulgoatallen wrote:

FaeryQueen wrote:

Since I just got back from a Carribean cruise and its starting to get warm at home......tropical drinks for all.....

 

Colada

daiquiris


Hope you had FUN!!!


MMMMMM....tasty drinks, thanks!!! Ah, a cruise.... hope you enjoyed it!! 

A book is a loaded gun in the house next door... Who knows who might be the target of the well-read man? ~ Ray Bradbury, Fahrenheit 451
Moderator
dhaupt
Posts: 11,865
Registered: ‎10-19-2006
0 Kudos

Re: Welcome to Guilty Pleasures: The Paranormal Pub – Off-Topic Chat Served Up Daily


FaeryQueen wrote:

Since I just got back from a Carribean cruise and its starting to get warm at home......tropical drinks for all.....

 

Colada

daiquiris


I'm glad you ended up with the drink and not in it considering all the troubles the cruise ships are having, welcome back!!!

Inspired Wordsmith
FaeryQueen
Posts: 347
Registered: ‎01-04-2009
0 Kudos

Re: Welcome to Guilty Pleasures: The Paranormal Pub – Off-Topic Chat Served Up Daily


dhaupt wrote:

I'm glad you ended up with the drink and not in it considering all the troubles the cruise ships are having, welcome back!!!


Thank goodness we had smooth sailing...or cruising....only one day of rough seas near the end and it rained our last night as sea.  Otherwise the weather was beautiful!  Plus I spent some time at the spa.  I really didn't want to come back to reality  :catsad:

 

Distinguished Bibliophile
pen21
Posts: 3,653
Registered: ‎03-23-2009

Re: Welcome to Guilty Pleasures: The Paranormal Pub – Off-Topic Chat Served Up Daily

Happy Easter! Happy Passover!

 

Inspired Bibliophile
Vermontcozy
Posts: 5,279
Registered: ‎10-20-2008
0 Kudos

Re: Welcome to Guilty Pleasures: The Paranormal Pub – Off-Topic Chat Served Up Daily

Too Çute pen!!!! We Needed Some Action around here ....And a Happy Easter to you.....Frm one of Your Band Friends the other is Deb...She changed her Name,she is trying to be proper now,Ha..,
Kindness,I've discovered,is everything in life...Issac Bashevis Singer
Moderator
dhaupt
Posts: 11,865
Registered: ‎10-19-2006
0 Kudos

Re: Welcome to Guilty Pleasures: The Paranormal Pub – Off-Topic Chat Served Up Daily


Vermontcozy wrote:
Too Çute pen!!!! We Needed Some Action around here ....And a Happy Easter to you.....Frm one of Your Band Friends the other is Deb...She changed her Name,she is trying to be proper now,Ha..,

Um, No that would be unproper :smileyhappy:

 

Inspired Wordsmith
kimba88
Posts: 790
Registered: ‎01-05-2011

Re: Welcome to Guilty Pleasures: The Paranormal Pub – Off-Topic Chat Served Up Daily

There is a new app, called five o'clock, which shows you where it is 5pm anytime of day....making it ok to have a drink....LOL

Moderator
paulgoatallen
Posts: 7,327
Registered: ‎08-16-2007

Re: Welcome to Guilty Pleasures: The Paranormal Pub – Off-Topic Chat Served Up Daily


kimba88 wrote:

There is a new app, called five o'clock, which shows you where it is 5pm anytime of day....making it ok to have a drink....LOL


"There never can be a man so lost as one who is lost in the vast and intricate corridors of his own lonely mind, where none may reach and none may save..." – Isaac Asimov, Pebble in the Sky
Distinguished Bibliophile
pen21
Posts: 3,653
Registered: ‎03-23-2009

Re: Welcome to Guilty Pleasures: The Paranormal Pub – Off-Topic Chat Served Up Daily


paulgoatallen wrote:

kimba88 wrote:

There is a new app, called five o'clock, which shows you where it is 5pm anytime of day....making it ok to have a drink....LOL



Paul you didn't have to drink all of them at once. :smileywink:

Inspired Wordsmith
kimba88
Posts: 790
Registered: ‎01-05-2011

Re: Welcome to Guilty Pleasures: The Paranormal Pub – Off-Topic Chat Served Up Daily


pen21 wrote:

paulgoatallen wrote:

kimba88 wrote:

There is a new app, called five o'clock, which shows you where it is 5pm anytime of day....making it ok to have a drink....LOL



Paul you didn't have to drink all of them at once. :smileywink:


too funny! 

Inspired Bibliophile
Vermontcozy
Posts: 5,279
Registered: ‎10-20-2008
0 Kudos

Re: Welcome to Guilty Pleasures: The Paranormal Pub – Off-Topic Chat Served Up Daily

:catwink:Leave it to Kimba to find this App...


kimba88 wrote:

pen21 wrote:

paulgoatallen wrote:

kimba88 wrote:

There is a new app, called five o'clock, which shows you where it is 5pm anytime of day....making it ok to have a drink....LOL



Paul you didn't have to drink all of them at once. :smileywink:


too funny! 


 

Kindness,I've discovered,is everything in life...Issac Bashevis Singer
Wordsmith
3monstersmom
Posts: 871
Registered: ‎03-04-2009

Re: Welcome to Guilty Pleasures: The Paranormal Pub – Off-Topic Chat Served Up Daily

Hi guys.  I need a few strong drinks and a rough crowd that wants to rumble.  Think we can drum that up for the weekend?  :smileyhappy:

Distinguished Bibliophile
pen21
Posts: 3,653
Registered: ‎03-23-2009

Re: Welcome to Guilty Pleasures: The Paranormal Pub – Off-Topic Chat Served Up Daily

Happy Mothers Day! Remember all the special women in your life!

 

Inspired Bibliophile
Vermontcozy
Posts: 5,279
Registered: ‎10-20-2008
0 Kudos

Re: Welcome to Guilty Pleasures: The Paranormal Pub – Off-Topic Chat Served Up Daily

pen.Very.Funny.!!!!....Should Have Some Bloody Marys..Mimosa's..and a Great Brunch to All..Moms of Course..PGA DAD..We know Mrs.PGA Is Having a Great Mothers Day..You Wouldn't have it any other Way!!! Suze Vermont..


pen21 wrote:

Happy Mothers Day! Remember all the special women in your life!

 


Kindness,I've discovered,is everything in life...Issac Bashevis Singer