Distinguished Correspondent
KeithMelton

Re: Welcome to Guilty Pleasures: The Paranormal Pub – Off-Topic Chat Served Up Daily

[ Edited ]

Wanted to chime in and say I loved the Bunnicula books as a kid. Now I'm reading them to my kids--and they love them as well.

As for new monsters... I hear the Batsquatch is going to be big. Remember, you heard it here first. ^_^

Keith Melton
http://www.keithmelton.net
Distinguished Bibliophile
dalnewt
0 Kudos

Re: Welcome to Guilty Pleasures: The Paranormal Pub – Off-Topic Chat Served Up Daily

[ Edited ]

KeithMelton wrote:

Wanted to chime in and say I loved the Bunnicula books as a kid. Now I'm reading them to my kids--and they love them as well.

As for new monsters... I hear the Batsquatch is going to be big. Remember, you heard it here first. ^_^

I have to ask--what is 'Batsquatch'? One can only hope that it's x-rated?:smileytongue:  

Yeah, yeah....I know that you're just fooling around.:smileyhappy:  A giant, lumbering bat named 'Batsquatch' wouldn't scare anyone. 

Wordsmith
3monstersmom

KeithMelton wrote:

Ah, I see your Batsquatch and raise you a Gnomummy.  Mummified garden gnomes.  Terrifying I tell ya.

Inspired Wordsmith
kimba88

MADIS wrote:

Did anyone watch Dr. Who?  I am really excited about this season!  Last season's start had all the nervousness about Matt Smith and such.  Now that all that is over, I can just focus on the story and this season is looking more than promising. 

Did anyone else keep thinking that the monster looked like this?

My entire family watched Dr. Who on Saturday. This year looks to be exciting. I miss David Tennat, but Matt Smith is growing on us.  :smileywink:

Inspired Wordsmith
MADIS

kimba88 wrote:

My entire family watched Dr. Who on Saturday. This year looks to be exciting. I miss David Tennat, but Matt Smith is growing on us.  :smileywink:

Thank you!!!  I was starting to feel alone in the love if Dr. Who world.  I miss David Tenant, and Donna too.  But Matt Smith has his charms.  I do have to hear about the qualities of Amy Pond on a regular from my male geek friends...at nauseum!  Or, how she is not Martha from my husband. 

Seriously, I have got to recruit more geek chic's in my life!

pen21

MADIS wrote:

kimba88 wrote:

Thank you!!!  I was starting to feel alone in the love if Dr. Who world.  I miss David Tenant, and Donna too.  But Matt Smith has his charms.  I do have to hear about the qualities of Amy Pond on a regular from my male geek friends...at nauseum!  Or, how she is not Martha from my husband. 

My plan is to watch Dr. Who tonight. Looking forward to this season.

pen21

pen21 wrote:

MADIS wrote:

kimba88 wrote:

My plan is to watch Dr. Who tonight. Looking forward to this season.

What a great show! They are off to a good start. It is fun to see them in America. This is one of my all time favorite shows.

dalnewt
0 Kudos

[ Edited ]

Hey Paul,

Maybe you could invite becke over to post a few select pictures of guys to sorta christen this thread, maybe with a spring theme? She's sorta an expert on (pictures of) shirtless guys.

(I would but I've never figured out how to post an image on the board.)

Guilty Pleasures needs some hot waiters and entertainment! :smileyvery-happy:

pen21

The bar is open. The wait staff needs some work (I am sure this guy is from a book I read).

pen21

Susan is usually the entertainment coordinator. But I am sure there are a lot of entertainers out there to help the thread out.

dalnewt

pen21 wrote:

The bar is open. The wait staff needs some work (I am sure this guy is from a book I read).

If this guy looses the pants, maybe he'd pass.:smileywink: Maybe not though? What's with the hair peak?:smileyvery-happy:

And the guy below, is a bit too simian for me.:smileysurprised::smileyhappy:

pen21 wrote:

Inspired Bibliophile
Vermontcozy

Hi All...Its been quite an Experience..Booking some Act's I was on hiatus for a while from The Business..We are having "Phish" from VT..for the weekend...Good eclectic band..and A bit Goth at times...I Have 2 BodyGuards..Sven and  Angelo....Later to All This is  Great...No Dress code of course..So be who you are or want to be.!!!!..Must run..Just saw Russell B..he has his Captain Kirk Shirt on..Will need Help so Just show up..We are all about sharing..our good fortune and Lets Give a Shout Out To"""PGA"""""..Its also TBBT tonight..So The TV will be on for a while..Then we can Party......Oh I forgot The Big Party is Friday Night....So now we can Hang,whatever....Just post your Favorite Music...Love Our Staff..Pen Picks Them  She Knows Her Stuff...So looking forward to seeing. our Amazing BNers here........Susan "Wicked Entertainment" Now Hiring.....

Kindness,I've discovered,is everything in life...Issac Bashevis Singer
KeithMelton

dalnewt wrote:

KeithMelton wrote:

I have to ask--what is 'Batsquatch'? One can only hope that it's x-rated?:smileytongue:  

Yeah, yeah....I know that you're just fooling around.:smileyhappy:  A giant, lumbering bat named 'Batsquatch' wouldn't scare anyone. 

Well dalnewt, in all honesty a batsquatch is terrifying, despite the unsubstantiated rumors of it being harmless. I quote from the ever-reliable internet:

"The Batsquatch resides in the mountains of the Mt. St. Helens. It has purple skin, leathery wings, blood-red eyes, and a head that looks like a combination between an ape and a bat. This omnivorous, winged primate has been falsely accused of local farm killings. There are no accounts of it being fully carnivorous, or dangerous. The best evidence was a few photographs taken in 1995. The photographs show the long, strong wings and primate body. To make this creature flight-worthy, it would either have to be light-weight and hollow-boned, or something else."

via http://secretsaturdays.wikia.com/wiki/Batsquatch

Beware! That site has an unnerving picture of a possible batsquatch and/or images of disturbing jellyfish. ^_^

Keith Melton
KeithMelton

3monstersmom wrote:

Ah, I see your Batsquatch and raise you a Gnomummy.  Mummified garden gnomes.  Terrifying I tell ya.

A Gnomummy? And I thought garden gnomes were disturbing enough without being undead and mummified. Oh well. Gnomummy infestation is a good excuse not to risk mowing the lawn.

Keith Melton
Inspired Bibliophile
Vermontcozy
0 Kudos

I live pretty Close To a Bat Cave in VT...So I can't say much..except//I am fairly terrified of them..With that said,Keith..Glad to know you....What is on the Agenda for the Weekend.....Susan,,

KeithMelton wrote:

dalnewt wrote:

KeithMelton wrote:

Well dalnewt, in all honesty a batsquatch is terrifying, despite the unsubstantiated rumors of it being harmless. I quote from the ever-reliable internet:

"The Batsquatch resides in the mountains of the Mt. St. Helens. It has purple skin, leathery wings, blood-red eyes, and a head that looks like a combination between an ape and a bat. This omnivorous, winged primate has been falsely accused of local farm killings. There are no accounts of it being fully carnivorous, or dangerous. The best evidence was a few photographs taken in 1995. The photographs show the long, strong wings and primate body. To make this creature flight-worthy, it would either have to be light-weight and hollow-boned, or something else."

Beware! That site has an unnerving picture of a possible batsquatch and/or images of disturbing jellyfish. ^_^

dalnewt
0 Kudos

KeithMelton wrote:

dalnewt wrote:

KeithMelton wrote:

Lovecraft is famously know to have said something like--'The strongest emotion is fear and the strongest fear is fear of the unknown.' Once described an entity (and any entity) looses the ability to instill within the reader/viewer the primal terror of the unknown. IMO, authors wanting to create scary monsters should look back at Lovecraft's entities. Cthulhu's been kind of overdone, but  Yog-Sothoth is really mysterious.

Scribe
SciFiCanuck

Figured I would stop by here finally!  :-)  But my drink of choice is the Caesar.  MMMM, Yummy-O!!

My name is Teresa, and I'm a bookaholic
Current book(s): The Undead Pool by Kim Harrison (The Hollows #12)
Just finished: Black Arts by Faith Hunter (Jane Yellowrock #7)
pen21

SciFiCanuck wrote:

Figured I would stop by here finally!  :-)  But my drink of choice is the Caesar.  MMMM, Yummy-O!!

What is in a Ceasar? I will try one.

dalnewt
0 Kudos

pen21 wrote:

SciFiCanuck wrote:

The blood red color is appropriate, but the green stuff kind of blows the whole 'blood' theme. I know, lets put 'eyeball' ice cubes in the drink to give that added touch of ghoul. And, the martinis would look simply stunning with one frozen eyeball cube in each. Just put green stuffed olives in ice trays and add water and voila, eye ball ice cubes. 

Inspired Bibliophile
Vermontcozy

[ Edited ]

.I want one too,Tks for posting it pen.....Looks very refreshing.....Just a note to" Our Guilty Pleasures Group''"Phish" cancelled But  'Drumroll Please" Mumford and Sons an English Folk Rock Band..Really Good, will be Playing all weekend..had to pull a few strings....

pen21 wrote:

SciFiCanuck wrote:

Sigh No More  Just click to listen on BN..Sure wish TBear was around,,have no Idea what to serve ... Just Appetizers.would be nice.......