Since 1997, you’ve been coming to BarnesandNoble.com to discuss everything from Stephen King to writing to Harry Potter. You’ve made our site more than a place to discover your next book: you’ve made it a community. But like all things internet, BN.com is growing and changing. We've said goodbye to our community message boards—but that doesn’t mean we won’t still be a place for adventurous readers to connect and discover.

Now, you can explore the most exciting new titles (and remember the classics) at the Barnes & Noble Book Blog. Check out conversations with authors like Jeff VanderMeer and Gary Shteyngart at the B&N Review, and browse write-ups of the best in literary fiction. Come to our Facebook page to weigh in on what it means to be a book nerd. Browse digital deals on the NOOK blog, tweet about books with us,or self-publish your latest novella with NOOK Press. And for those of you looking for support for your NOOK, the NOOK Support Forums will still be here.

We will continue to provide you with books that make you turn pages well past midnight, discover new worlds, and reunite with old friends. And we hope that you’ll continue to tell us how you’re doing, what you’re reading, and what books mean to you.

Inspired Bibliophile
Vermontcozy
0 Kudos

Re: Welcome to Guilty Pleasures: The Paranormal Pub – Off-Topic Chat Served Up Daily

dainewt...I never knew that..

dalnewt wrote:

pen21 wrote:

SciFiCanuck wrote:

Figured I would stop by here finally!  :-)  But my drink of choice is the Caesar.  MMMM, Yummy-O!!

What is in a Ceasar? I will try one.

The blood red color is appropriate, but the green stuff kind of blows the whole 'blood' theme. I know, lets put 'eyeball' ice cubes in the drink to give that added touch of ghoul. And, the martinis would look simply stunning with one frozen eyeball cube in each. Just put green stuffed olives in ice trays and add water and voila, eye ball ice cubes. 

Kindness,I've discovered,is everything in life...Issac Bashevis Singer
Distinguished Bibliophile
dalnewt
0 Kudos

Re: Welcome to Guilty Pleasures: The Paranormal Pub – Off-Topic Chat Served Up Daily

Vermont

Yep, I miss Tigger too. 

Inspired Bibliophile
Vermontcozy
0 Kudos

Will Be Served..At your Request..:smileywink:

SciFiCanuck wrote:

Figured I would stop by here finally!  :-)  But my drink of choice is the Caesar.  MMMM, Yummy-O!!

dalnewt

You probably already know this site, but I didn't know it existed. Paul gave it to out in the May Paranormal Sneak Peek thread. It gives a listing of new UF releases for the month. See Paul's post below.

paulgoatallen wrote:

Readers looking for more sufggestions should check out the link below – a list of dozens of paranormal fantasy releases in May!

Paul

http://www.tor.com/blogs/2011/04/fiction-affliction-diagnosing-may-releases-in-urban-fantasy-a-paran...

Inspired Bibliophile
Vermontcozy
0 Kudos

I thought with TBears,, Knowledge of Food,..she could whip up some Quick Appetizers..With our help of course,she does have specific instructions...we must follow to the letter..lol....for tonight....This could bring her out to The Pub...and Have Coffee,Tea..and some Pastries with us all,,pen does make a" For Die For" Cheese Cake....

dalnewt wrote:

Vermont

Yep, I miss Tigger too. 

dalnewt
0 Kudos

All I want is to be served drinks by hot waiters, hear good music (you're in charge of that) and maybe nibble a bit.  Of course there is the floor show. You do know that Guilty Pleasures is a strip club for women featuring male strippers. Saying it's a pub it sorta misleading. I'm all for staying with the original 'males entertaining females' theme. 

Inspired Bibliophile
Vermontcozy

dainwet....Thanks for the link I do subscribe,but didn't see the new releases...until now  : ) and also                http://www.CriminalElement.com    I posted it the way they have it to link to..also a macmillan site.. Hope it brings everyone there Its a Great Site..Just Started a few Days ago...

pen21
0 Kudos

Vermontcozy wrote:

.I want one too,Tks for posting it pen.....Looks very refreshing.....Just a note to" Our Guilty Pleasures Group''"Phish" cancelled But  'Drumroll Please" Mumford and Sons an English Folk Rock Band..Really Good, will be Playing all weekend..had to pull a few strings....

Sigh No More  Just click to listen on BN..Sure wish TBear was around,,have no Idea what to serve ... Just Appetizers.would be nice.......

Mumford & Sons great choice. Here the band comes.

pen21

Check out there website http://www.mumfordandsons.com/gallery/official/mumfordswindowjpg/

And be sure to check out their music.

Inspired Bibliophile
Vermontcozy

They look Amazng!!!

pen21 wrote:

Check out there website http://www.mumfordandsons.com/gallery/official/mumfordswindowjpg/

And be sure to check out their music.

.Hope The Night Goes well..Expecting a Crowd..Sold 115 Tickets...Sven  and Angelo manning The Door...Biker Crowd coming later....oh yeah...Great Link!!! Drinks on the house for Opening Night...Who knows what could Happen!!!....

pen21

Instructions
  • iconRim a tall cocktail glass with the lime wedge and then Celery salt, fill with ice. Pour in Vodka and Clamato juice. Add 3 dashes each of Worcestershire and Tabasco sauce. Garnish with crisp Celery stalk and Lime wedge.

Sometimes referred to as a "Bloody Ceasar", the Ceasar was created in Canada and apparently remains predminantly a Canadian drink. Although the drink is similar to a "Bloody Mary", the Clamato juice gives it a completely (and much better) taste. Seafood restaurants in Canada often add a Shrimp or Prawn as an additional garnish.

Here is our drink specialty from SciFiCanuck.
I hope this recipe is correct.
pen21

The crowd is arriving.

paulgoatallen

Um. Wow. You have a wild weekend too!   :smileyhappy:

"There never can be a man so lost as one who is lost in the vast and intricate corridors of his own lonely mind, where none may reach and none may save..." – Isaac Asimov, Pebble in the Sky
Inspired Bibliophile
Vermontcozy

I think PGA is Speechless...Looks Like 'Wicked Entertainment" has a new Model...

pen21 wrote:

The crowd is arriving.

dalnewt
0 Kudos

Vermontcozy wrote:

I think PGA is Speechless...Looks Like 'Wicked Entertainment" has a new Model...

pen21 wrote:

The crowd is arriving.

After all the scantily clad he-man covers he's looked at in Fantasy you'd think he'd be more prepared for the female equvalent.:smileyhappy:

Inspired Wordsmith
kimba88

line up some shots bar keep. It's Friday night and Fringe was awesome.

Paul, the free Friday nook book was Soft Apocalypse. Jeremy used your review on the book.

It quotes you as saying :

. In fact, Allen closes his review with an emphatic promise: “Bottom line: If Soft Apocalypse isn’t nominated for a Hugo or Nebula Award, I will eat the entire book page by page…”

so, of course I Downloaded it ....Did it win? or did you eat the book ???

dalnewt

[ Edited ]

I just bought Soft Apocalypse at a B&N store. Those with nooks should download this free e book with gratitude. I just worry that those who don't like the genre will rate the book badly because they wanted another choice for Free Friday. It's apparently happened before.:smileysad:

Hey, it's just past midnight, and I've been, ah hem, interviewing prospective hires. The problem is that, for some reason, a lot of them like to hide their faces. Of the guys who actually show their faces, these were some of the best

Darker Than Night

Winter Kiss (Dragonfire Series #4) (I know, but the chin area looks good) 

Soul Song

Passion Untamed (Feral Warriors Series #3)  (He needs a haircut, but you gotta admit, he's got potential!) 

There's this guy who scowled a lot and looked a bit shaggy, but also had a certain allure: 

Corambis  

And, I don't care what these guys faces looks like, they should be hired just for their visible assets:

Hard and Fast (Fast Track Series) 

Hot for the Holidays 

Inspired Bibliophile
Vermontcozy

Good Morning All...I'm sure dainewt you were up late "Interviewing"..Great selection.of Men..One or two for Everyone's Taste...Since I am in Charge of bands,pen being "Photographer"/...You Can be in" Charge of New Hires"if that sits well with you...Kimba if she accepts can be our Bartender....and then we need Waitresses and More bartenders..and Cooks....Fun Night..  I can waitress...The "Biker Chick" made Headlines in Our Local Newspaper......The "Male Waiter/Dancers.....will they start tonight?....."Wicked Entertainment"...will do well...pen signed us all on as" Partners.".....Where's Phyliss?...TBear? Sci/Fi Canuck?.,Sarah..Tess....and The Whole Board....PGA  Just had no Idea how we Rock and Roll...Give us an inch..well you get the idea......Not to worry about The Police Force...They will be Attending our GrandOpening..    .Later , Susan..I Reserved a Table for Tonight.  for 15....Put a Small Replica of A King on PGA's Chair...: )

Inspired Wordsmith
FaeryQueen
0 Kudos

MADIS wrote:

kimba88 wrote:

My entire family watched Dr. Who on Saturday. This year looks to be exciting. I miss David Tennat, but Matt Smith is growing on us.  :smileywink:

Thank you!!!  I was starting to feel alone in the love if Dr. Who world.  I miss David Tenant, and Donna too.  But Matt Smith has his charms.  I do have to hear about the qualities of Amy Pond on a regular from my male geek friends...at nauseum!  Or, how she is not Martha from my husband. 

Seriously, I have got to recruit more geek chic's in my life!

I missed the whole last season.  I wasn't fond of Matt Smith....I did watch bits of some reruns and decided to give the new season a try.  BBC America is replaying the season premiere before the new episode and a special afterwards.  Of course we have to wait for the wedding reruns to stop.

Distinguished Correspondent
KeithMelton
0 Kudos

Hello Susan. There's a horror movie you should probably not watch if you dislike bat caves...I believe it's called The Descent. The monsters in the movie weren't exactly as utterly terrifying and spontaneous-insanity-causing as batsquatches...but they were rather uncomfortably close.

But it did have a happy ending. Everyone receives cake! ^_^

Keith Melton

Vermontcozy wrote:

I live pretty Close To a Bat Cave in VT...So I can't say much..except//I am fairly terrified of them..With that said,Keith..Glad to know you....What is on the Agenda for the Weekend.....Susan,,

Keith Melton
http://www.keithmelton.net