Since 1997, you’ve been coming to BarnesandNoble.com to discuss everything from Stephen King to writing to Harry Potter. You’ve made our site more than a place to discover your next book: you’ve made it a community. But like all things internet, BN.com is growing and changing. We've said goodbye to our community message boards—but that doesn’t mean we won’t still be a place for adventurous readers to connect and discover.

Now, you can explore the most exciting new titles (and remember the classics) at the Barnes & Noble Book Blog. Check out conversations with authors like Jeff VanderMeer and Gary Shteyngart at the B&N Review, and browse write-ups of the best in literary fiction. Come to our Facebook page to weigh in on what it means to be a book nerd. Browse digital deals on the NOOK blog, tweet about books with us,or self-publish your latest novella with NOOK Press. And for those of you looking for support for your NOOK, the NOOK Support Forums will still be here.

We will continue to provide you with books that make you turn pages well past midnight, discover new worlds, and reunite with old friends. And we hope that you’ll continue to tell us how you’re doing, what you’re reading, and what books mean to you.

Distinguished Bibliophile
dalnewt
0 Kudos

Re: Welcome to Guilty Pleasures: The Paranormal Pub – Off-Topic Chat Served Up Daily

Hey Paul

I was wondering why you didn't feature Meding's fourth installment in the Evie Stone series. The fourth book was released 1/31:

Wrong Side of Dead. It sorta slipped my mind too. It's on my Wishlist but I've been under the weather lately. I just called my local B&N and put it on reserve. Now I just have to muster the energy to go pick it up.  

Inspired Wordsmith
FaeryQueen

Re: Welcome to Guilty Pleasures: The Paranormal Pub – Off-Topic Chat Served Up Daily

A valentine's day gift for the zombies in your family....

Brains

Here is the link:   Zombie Friendship Necklace

Contributor
Ooooooyeah
0 Kudos

What happened to all the wild woman that used to frequent this joint?

Wordsmith
3monstersmom

Happy Valentine's Day fellow Bibliophiles!

paulgoatallen

3monstersmom wrote:

Happy Valentine's Day fellow Bibliophiles!

LOVE IT, 3mm! Here is my humble offering...

bite me heart

"There never can be a man so lost as one who is lost in the vast and intricate corridors of his own lonely mind, where none may reach and none may save..." – Isaac Asimov, Pebble in the Sky
dalnewt

\

paulgoatallen
0 Kudos

DALNEWT! These are CLASSIC! Thank you so much!  :smileyhappy:

"There never can be a man so lost as one who is lost in the vast and intricate corridors of his own lonely mind, where none may reach and none may save..." – Isaac Asimov, Pebble in the Sky
Wordsmith
3monstersmom

This was just made of awesomesauce.  Had to share the laugh.

Inspired Wordsmith
FaeryQueen

3MM - I liked that!  Very funny

And yet another zombie item for the gardener in your life....

Zombie Gnome

I saw these on Etsy the other day....there are more but the pics distorted when I tried to put them in the post.  Just search Etsy for Zombie Garden Gnome

paulgoatallen

FaeryQueen wrote:

Zombie Gnome

I saw these on Etsy the other day....there are more but the pics distorted when I tried to put them in the post.  Just search Etsy for Zombie Garden Gnome

Oh, I need one of these!!!!!   :smileyhappy:

Inspired Wordsmith
FaeryQueen
0 Kudos

AARRRGGGGG! I need a drink!

I went to add something to my ebook wishlist and got some stupid capacity error.  Now I can't even see the list!  I don't remember what all I had on there....  :smileymad:

The Help forum is no help either....just people complaining about how crappy things are and how no one in tech support knows anything.  

If you use the ebook wishlist beware.  This is happening to people with wishlists of 20-150+ books.

Wordsmith
3monstersmom

FaeryQueen wrote:

Zombie Gnome

:heart: I adore this!  Hmm....this might be what I ask for as a wedding anniversary present.

Etsy rocks!  It and Pinterest are highly addictive sites.

Frequent Contributor
0198lilly
0 Kudos

The same thing happened to my e wish list and of course I called. I was told that they are doing a "system upgrade" and to check my list at end of this week.  I don't even remember what all I had on there-unhappy camper I am. 

dalnewt

[ Edited ]

My sister-in-law sent us a (chain letter type) e-mail about tactics utilized by criminals on the road. The e-mail is summarized below.

1) The use of a blanket covered child/baby seat by the side of a road to lure drivers to stop their cars. If you see a baby seat, DON'T STOP! Call 911 from your car or when you get home. Apparently this ploy is being utilized by criminals to get drivers to stop. Then, the drivers get beaten up, robbed and/or raped.

2) The use of eggs on a windshield to get drivers to stop when visibility becomes obscured. DO NOT ATTEMPT TO RINSE OFF THE EGG with your windshield wiper fluid! Egg becomes milky when any water fluid is mixed with it. If you try to wash off the egg, the mixture will obscure your vision out of the windshield causing you to stop. And, that's exactly what the criminal wants. Leave the egg on your windshield and drive somewhere safe.

3) The use of flashing lights (often at night) to masquerade as a unmarked police car. DO NOT STOP for a vehicle with flashing lights in the absence of confirmation that the car is actually a police car. You can call 112 on your cell phone to talk to a State Trooper dispatcher and inform them of the situation. (The incident in the e-mail involved a teen girl observing a car flowing her with flashing lights at night. She called 112 and was informed that there was no police car in her area. The police surrounded the following vehicle and arrested a man who turned out to be a convicted rapist wanted for outstanding crimes.)   

dhaupt

I know you've missed me but I've been teetotling for a while, seems I ended up on youtube and hubby got his panties in a bunch, I think it was titled 

old gray mares gone wild :smileyhappy:

Inspired Wordsmith
kimba88

[ Edited ]

http://livestre.am/1kaZe  

Link is to Patricia Briggs and Kim Harrison reading and answering questions..they are so funny..Loved it :smileyhappy:

dalnewt
0 Kudos

[ Edited ]

kimba88 wrote:

http://livestre.am/1kaZe  

Link is to Patricia Briggs and Kim Harrison reading and answering questions..they are so funny..Loved it :smileyhappy:

I LOVED Harrison's explanation for Algaliarept = Al-liar-reptlle.

Here's what I found important.

Hollows series:

Harrison chose Rachel/Trent dialog when reading from  A Perfect Blood (Rachel Morgan Series #10). It looks like Trent will be part of Rachel's HEA. She says she originally wrote him as a 'big, bad ugly' but, as the series went on, his character became more attractive. She admits that killing off Kisten left the door open for Trent, and that she would dearly like to kill off Nick.

Harrison says that she's aiming to end the Rachel Morgan series at book 12 or 13. She says that she knows about happenings in book 12, but also has ideas for book 13.

She mentions that Jenks will probably not find a romantic substitute for Matilina but will begin the healing process.

(I wish someone would have asked about Ivy and the whole vampire soul thing.)

When asked which male character resembles her husband, she says she takes bits and pieces from everywhere, but that Jenks reminds her most of her husband because he's always got Rachel's back and also comes back with a smart aleck comment.

Harrison also mentions that the Hollows series is being produced for TV. Says CW is very positive, but so far she doesn't know specifics about the production and mentions a 2012 or 2013 release. 

She also talks about the book series that will follow the Hollows saying it will be written in a first person voice with a slightly older (30 year old) female protagonist.

Harrison also said that has no plans whatsoever to write novels from Ivy's or Jenk's perspective, and that the graphic novels, written from Ivy's perspective, are the only book's to be written from a supporting character's perspective. She did mention the possibility of future short stories from the Ivy's and Jenk's perspective. 

Alpha and Omega and Mercy Thompson Series:

In the Alpha and Omega series, Brigg's says that in a future book Anna wants a baby but, per the series, werewolves can't have them. She also says that Anna and Charles have chance of having a human baby or a werewolf baby or something else.

In the Mercy Thompson series. Brigg's mentions that, in a future book, Jesse remarks that she'd like to see a baby and that her untimely remark causes Mercy problems. 

She also mentioned something about a compilation of short stories with at least one featuring Samuel and one about Ben. She also mentions other characters, like Bran, in short stories.

Wordsmith
3monstersmom

Okay when did we get the weird Pikachu Cat looking faces in the smiley zone? :catvery-happy::cattongue::catembarrassed:

dhaupt

I think I'll need a little pick me up on this first Monday of daylight savings time, ugh

any suggestions

paulgoatallen

dhaupt wrote:

I think I'll need a little pick me up on this first Monday of daylight savings time, ugh

any suggestions

Here is my "pick-me-up" for this morning: