Since 1997, you’ve been coming to BarnesandNoble.com to discuss everything from Stephen King to writing to Harry Potter. You’ve made our site more than a place to discover your next book: you’ve made it a community. But like all things internet, BN.com is growing and changing. We've said goodbye to our community message boards—but that doesn’t mean we won’t still be a place for adventurous readers to connect and discover.

Now, you can explore the most exciting new titles (and remember the classics) at the Barnes & Noble Book Blog. Check out conversations with authors like Jeff VanderMeer and Gary Shteyngart at the B&N Review, and browse write-ups of the best in literary fiction. Come to our Facebook page to weigh in on what it means to be a book nerd. Browse digital deals on the NOOK blog, tweet about books with us,or self-publish your latest novella with NOOK Press. And for those of you looking for support for your NOOK, the NOOK Support Forums will still be here.

We will continue to provide you with books that make you turn pages well past midnight, discover new worlds, and reunite with old friends. And we hope that you’ll continue to tell us how you’re doing, what you’re reading, and what books mean to you.

Distinguished Bibliophile
dalnewt

Re: Welcome to Guilty Pleasures: The Paranormal Pub – Off-Topic Chat Served Up Daily

Vermontcozy wrote:

dainewt..Now I have "Play That Funky Music" in my head...maybe we could get one of our Bands to perform it..Over the weekend...Should be a Huge Crowd....

dalnewt wrote:

I'm traditional! Give me some Stones, a little 'Motown,' a lot of Aretha. Hey, anything with a really thumping base. We need a little 'bump and grind' here folks. After-all, the guys have to 'perform' to sumthin. 

P.S. Probably shouldn't admit this but for some reason I always liked Wild Cherry's Play That Funky Music. As I said before, give me that thumping beat and low-down base.

Me too.:smileytongue: That's why I mentioned it in the post. For some reason it keeps playing in my head. I usually got a kick out of it whenever I heard it, but it's not like I listenned to it frequently. Now, I have a constant rewind echoing thru my brain. I'm sorry I shared my nightmare--please forgive me. Plus, I'm trying to type on my husband's laptop. He keeps checking in to see if I've broken it yet. 

Inspired Wordsmith
FaeryQueen
0 Kudos

Re: Welcome to Guilty Pleasures: The Paranormal Pub – Off-Topic Chat Served Up Daily

dalnewt wrote:

I'm traditional! Give me some Stones, a little 'Motown,' a lot of Aretha. Hey, anything with a really thumping base. We need a little 'bump and grind' here folks. After-all, the guys have to 'perform' to sumthin. 

P.S. Probably shouldn't admit this but for some reason I always liked Wild Cherry's Play That Funky Music. As I said before, give me that thumping beat and low-down base.

How about throwing in some metal too?  

Can anyone talk Inferno into playing??  That's more my speed, not to mention the band adds to the eye candy, at least from what my imagination says...  :smileywink:

Inspired Bibliophile
Vermontcozy
0 Kudos

Inferno   FaeryQueen..Inferno stopped in...Just to check out The Pub of Guilty Pleasures...Must keep everyone happy ,so we can keep our Pub open...:smileywink:

FaeryQueen wrote:

dalnewt wrote:

Can anyone talk Inferno into playing??  That's more my speed, not to mention the band adds to the eye candy, at least from what my imagination says...  :smileywink:

Kindness,I've discovered,is everything in life...Issac Bashevis Singer
Bibliophile
Melhay

Ut oh... If you lost your Chaps at the Harley Rally, well, that really was a WILD RIDE! LOL!  Hope it was a blasst. :smileywink:

Vermontcozy wrote:

All Great Selections Mel.  .Now where did I put my Chaps?...Oh no..left them at The Harley Rally....A Wild Ride!!!  See you all for Coffee and Breakfast...Susan....

Melhay wrote:

Vermontcozy wrote:

So glad you Joined..Since we are all Card Holders..Its Nice and Private..Well not that Private..BTW Miss Mel..Tattoo Man is a good Choice..He has The Best Harleys I have ever seen  : )..This weekend he will bring some Friends....andThey Requested the Performers..................Just Look for those Amazing Tour Buses..and have  Fun...pen and dainwet have Harleys too and Kimba is thinking about it.Sarah and Sci/Fi Canuck..Phylliss are on the fence..Tess not sure???Add your name if I missed it PLZ.......More coffee..Then .Will see you all Later...

Revolution

Sweet Home Alabama: The Country Music Tribute To Lynyrd Skynyrd

Oooo, sounds like fun! Let me pull out my leather chaps to where on the bike rides.  It's wonderful to have the wind in my hair... 

And the band selection is lovely.  I loved Lynyrd Skynyrd.  Can we please add

Cheap Trick [1977] 

Farewell to Kings  

Shake Your Money Maker [Bonus Tracks]  

Then if anyone likes a little heavier music we could have...

Dirt 

My Blog Spot: http://melissa-melsworld.blogspot.com/
Bibliophile
Melhay

FaeryQueen wrote:

dalnewt wrote:

FaeryQueen, I could go for some metal.  It will take me back to my hay days. :smileywink: *whispering* but dont tell those handsome men over there, they think I'm younger than I am. :smileywink:

My Blog Spot: http://melissa-melsworld.blogspot.com/
dalnewt

Word to the wise girls--always stick with some type of classic music when posting on a public board. (I prefer classic rock and classic R&B.) Anything else and you date yourself or reveal a penchant for trite, pop music.:smileytongue:That said, a little metal is never a bad thing! I hear strains of Kiss as I type. Not to much mind you, I like to avoid a headache.:smileyhappy:

P.S.. Anyone who suggest Barry Mallow or Disco is automatically put on Guilty Pleasure's membership watch list!:smileyvery-happy:

Inspired Wordsmith
kimba88

[ Edited ]

Love all the music playing here and the steamy photos. I love all genres of music from classic rock, rap, country, classical and yep even Neil Diamond.

I am sharing a drink with all my friends here tonight. It is called a "Panty Ripper":smileytongue:

1 glass filled with ice

2 shots of coconut rum

fill remaining glass with pineapple juice

add 1 slice of lime

This is a wonderful drink for a warm spring/summer night. It is a favorite of the locals in Belize.

I had the barkeeper make you all one...Enjoy!

dalnewt
0 Kudos

[ Edited ]

kimba88 wrote:

Love all the music playing here and the steamy photos. I love all genres of music from classic rock, rap, country, classical and yep even Neil Diamond.

I am sharing a drink with all my friends here tonight. It is called a "Panty Ripper":smileytongue:

1 glass filled with ice

2 shots of coconut rum

add 1 slice of lime

This is a wonderful drink for a warm spring/summer night. It is a favorite of the locals in Belize.

Enjoy!:smileyhappy: Your drink sounds delicious, but I'll join you with Jack on the rocks (smooth and guaranteed to get you sh*tfaced before you know what hit you.:smileytongue:)

Scribe
SciFiCanuck

pen21 wrote:

SciFiCanuck wrote:

Figured I would stop by here finally!  :-)  But my drink of choice is the Caesar.  MMMM, Yummy-O!!

What is in a Ceasar? I will try one.

LOL!  The Canadian version of a Bloody Mary.  :-)  Except instead of tomato juice, we make ours with clamato juice...as in a mixture of tomato and clam juice.  May sound gross to some but delicious to others!!  :-D  You rim the glass with celery salt, add some worcestershire sauce and tobasco...a slice of lime and a stick of celery.  Oh and a shot of vodka.  Mmmmmmmm  ~slurp~

My name is Teresa, and I'm a bookaholic
Current book(s): Labyrinth of Stars (Hunter Kiss #5) by Marjorie M. Liu
Just finished: The Undead Pool by Kim Harrison (The Hollows #12)
Scribe
SciFiCanuck

Awesome!!!  :-D

Vermontcozy wrote:

Will Be Served..At your Request..:smileywink:

SciFiCanuck wrote:

Figured I would stop by here finally!  :-)  But my drink of choice is the Caesar.  MMMM, Yummy-O!!

Scribe
SciFiCanuck

pen21 wrote:

Instructions
  • iconRim a tall cocktail glass with the lime wedge and then Celery salt, fill with ice. Pour in Vodka and Clamato juice. Add 3 dashes each of Worcestershire and Tabasco sauce. Garnish with crisp Celery stalk and Lime wedge.

Sometimes referred to as a "Bloody Ceasar", the Ceasar was created in Canada and apparently remains predminantly a Canadian drink. Although the drink is similar to a "Bloody Mary", the Clamato juice gives it a completely (and much better) taste. Seafood restaurants in Canada often add a Shrimp or Prawn as an additional garnish.

Here is our drink specialty from SciFiCanuck.
I hope this recipe is correct.

Hey that is correct!!  :-)  So you can either start with regular clamato and spice it up as you like or get the extra spicy and really make it smokin' hot!  I usually only have a drop of tobasco but some places make it really spicy.  I love it especially with the shrimp...  mmm!  As well some places like to add a pickled asparagus or pickled bean.  :-)  There is also a circular ring someone invented especially to use with the celery salt to salt the rim.   I had a Bloody Mary once when I was in Vegas...it was double the price and absolutely terrible!!!

dalnewt

[ Edited ]

I can't believe it!:smileysurprised: Why didn't anybody remember? I was brain dead on Jack!

Well, hell, everybody listen up -we all got too 'happy' last night and forgot about

becke_davis wrote:

What the hell!:smileytongue: Line em up Paul! Tequila shots for the house!

Inspired Bibliophile
Vermontcozy

Tastes so good.Teresa...  Great Drink.Its a Perfect Night to Party...Found some "People Checking us out "Teenage Dream" Katy Perry was with Russell..And Bahama Mama's on The House..If our "Group Agrees..Making lots of Virtual Money..Now we Need a Virtual Charity,  Mmm

Fame    Gaga had her entourage

American Gangster   Jay-Z Just with his friends...  Music Should Amazing....But Plz feel free to post your Faves...I will see you all Later....Oh "Kimba's Student lol me,found

Feed (Newsflesh Trilogy Series #1)  for 2.99.... Mira Grant is up for a Hugo....Hope she wins.....

Inspired Bibliophile
Vermontcozy
0 Kudos

Belieze...I want one of Those ,Kimba..Great Memories....:smileywink: Panty Ripper...Must remember..:womanvery-happy:

dalnewt wrote:

kimba88 wrote:

1 glass filled with ice

2 shots of coconut rum

add 1 slice of lime

Enjoy!:smileyhappy: Your drink sounds delicious, but I'll join you with Jack on the rocks (smooth and guaranteed to get you sh*tfaced before you know what hit you.:smileytongue:)

dainewt..Your drink is ready..as usual lol.."Table Dancing 'Friday Nights:...pen has a "Lavender".drink she invented..will get recipe....

Inspired Bibliophile
Vermontcozy
0 Kudos

Yes D..The song did stay in my head..But it was fun..Now I have "The Who"  Tommy" Later..Susan

dalnewt wrote:

Vermontcozy wrote:

dainewt..Now I have "Play That Funky Music" in my head...maybe we could get one of our Bands to perform it..Over the weekend...Should be a Huge Crowd....

dalnewt wrote:

Me too.:smileytongue: That's why I mentioned it in the post. For some reason it keeps playing in my head. I usually got a kick out of it whenever I heard it, but it's not like I listenned to it frequently. Now, I have a constant rewind echoing thru my brain. I'm sorry I shared my nightmare--please forgive me. Plus, I'm trying to type on my husband's laptop. He keeps checking in to see if I've broken it yet. 

Inspired Bibliophile
Vermontcozy
0 Kudos

Hey Keith..Well as long as They Served Cake...I will be there....Chocolate..with Licorice Bat Wings?....Susan Vt....

KeithMelton wrote:

Hello Susan. There's a horror movie you should probably not watch if you dislike bat caves...I believe it's called The Descent. The monsters in the movie weren't exactly as utterly terrifying and spontaneous-insanity-causing as batsquatches...but they were rather uncomfortably close.

But it did have a happy ending. Everyone receives cake! ^_^

Keith Melton

Vermontcozy wrote:

I live pretty Close To a Bat Cave in VT...So I can't say much..except//I am fairly terrified of them..With that said,Keith..Glad to know you....What is on the Agenda for the Weekend.....Susan,,

dalnewt

Vermontcozy wrote:

Belieze...I want one of Those ,Kimba..Great Memories....:smileywink: Panty Ripper...Must remember..:womanvery-happy:

dalnewt wrote:

kimba88 wrote:

1 glass filled with ice

2 shots of coconut rum

add 1 slice of lime

dainewt..Your drink is ready..as usual lol.."Table Dancing 'Friday Nights:...pen has a "Lavender".drink she invented..will get recipe....

Yep, IMHO, alcohol and men should be enjoyed hard and straight.:smileyhappy:

pen21

Susan,

I can't give out the lavender drink recipe because it is your recipe. Part of your 3 drink Susan specials. You must have it tucked away in your recipe book.

dalnewt

[ Edited ]

I was a bartender before I went back to graduate school. I learned how to mix a lot of drinks and learned many valuable lessons including this--it's the mix that makes you sick.

If you stick with a name brand and don't use mix, (other than water or something comparable like soda), you'll probably avoid hugging the toilet. Note, overindulgence will still kill brain cells and give you a headache, but you won't feel like you want to die. So, although I enjoy looking at the fancy drinks, they aren't my drink of choice when I'm really serious about drinking. 

Inspired Bibliophile
Vermontcozy

pen..I had 2 Lavender Pear Martinis last night..lol..Was not able to see straight..: ) Not a drinker..but had to try one again(2)The Bartender that dainewt hired(I think they are Dating) did a great job figuring out the recipe lol..Really Good..After I showed him your picture of The Drink..Everyone wanted one...The Crowd was Rockin..Who was that "Dancing on The Bar?...If anyone see's Mel Hay..Please tell her I found my Chaps....lol...so we can go On The Harleys with everyone.....