Bibliophile
Melhay
0 Kudos

Re: Welcome to Guilty Pleasures: The Paranormal Pub – Off-Topic Chat Served Up Daily

I hear our stools are on their way!  But I'm trying to come up with a design to put on the back of mine, as I'm not quick at wordy slangs.

But I have two in mind.  For different reasons. :smileyhappy:  Can you all help me pick?

The first is a YA read, yes.  But I like the feel of the magic in a book from it.

The Lost Gate (Mither Mages Series #1)

The next pick I like as it is simple yet I like the simple tattoo, and that she is maybe a little stronger than what you might think at first.  Leather pants and the dagger.

Unclean Spirits (Black Sun's Daughter Series #1)  

Or do you have a better pick for me? :smileyhappy: Thank you!

My Blog Spot: http://melissa-melsworld.blogspot.com/
Bibliophile
Melhay

Re: Welcome to Guilty Pleasures: The Paranormal Pub – Off-Topic Chat Served Up Daily

paulgoatallen wrote:

This is great stuff! And, hey, if it's a book pimp AND a bartender at a biker bar you're looking for – I am definitely your man. Here's a pic from a few years back....

Paul

Paul I remember seeing this pic on facebook.  And I had thought when I first started visiting the Pub that the pic would fit in wonderfully here! :smileyhappy:  Glad you shared it with everyone.

Bibliophile
Melhay

*groaning~quietly* As I'm pulling myself up out of the booth, slowly.  Eyes squinted shut.  Head pounding the beat of the American Indian drums.  Pecking over the edge of the booth to see if anyone else is around the Pub.  All is quiet and clear.

Whispering lightly, Paul... Paul... What on earth did you put in those drinks?  *groan*  I don't think I'm as young as I once was.  I should know by now to not mix all those different liquirs.  Oooo, I've got to go to work in the morning tomorrow. 

Night all... Can you wake me with time to get home?

Distinguished Bibliophile
dalnewt

Melhay

Paul will give you the complimentary Guilty Pleasures wake-up call. It's part of your membership benefits. Of course, GP could always send over one of the staff to give you a personal wake-up. Your choice!:smileywink: 

paulgoatallen

Melhay wrote:

*groaning~quietly* As I'm pulling myself up out of the booth, slowly.  Eyes squinted shut.  Head pounding the beat of the American Indian drums.  Pecking over the edge of the booth to see if anyone else is around the Pub.  All is quiet and clear.

Whispering lightly, Paul... Paul... What on earth did you put in those drinks?  *groan*  I don't think I'm as young as I once was.  I should know by now to not mix all those different liquirs.  Oooo, I've got to go to work in the morning tomorrow. 

Mel... I'm not what you call a conventional bartender. I sometimes throw some herbal blends used in pagan rituals into the drinks to "jazz" things up a little... Yours was a pinch of vitalis – it should've given you more good health and higher energy. Maybe I was too heavy on the cinnamon...

Paul

"There never can be a man so lost as one who is lost in the vast and intricate corridors of his own lonely mind, where none may reach and none may save..." – Isaac Asimov, Pebble in the Sky
Bibliophile
Melhay
0 Kudos

dalnewt wrote:

Melhay

Paul will give you the complimentary Guilty Pleasures wake-up call. It's part of your membership benefits. Of course, GP could always send over one of the staff to give you a personal wake-up. Your choice!:smileywink: 

Well, I did make it to work today. Yeah. :smileyhappy: I have to say the great sleep and the wake up call was just what I needed.   I think I'm off to a great start this week!

Bibliophile
Melhay
0 Kudos

dalnewt wrote:

Melhay

I made it to work this morning. Yeah.  I think the great sleep and wake-up call was just what I needed.  The week seems to be off to a great start! :smileywink:

Bibliophile
Melhay
0 Kudos

Sorry about the double post.  I must really be running fast here! lol.  The computer just can't keep up with me.

Bibliophile
Melhay

paulgoatallen wrote:

Melhay wrote:

Mel... I'm not what you call a conventional bartender. I sometimes throw some herbal blends used in pagan rituals into the drinks to "jazz" things up a little... Yours was a pinch of vitalis – it should've given you more good health and higher energy. Maybe I was too heavy on the cinnamon...

Paul

Aaaa, now I know what to keep an eye out for.  I have to say I think there must have been loads of energy in that drink.  I felt like I was flying around the Pub all weekend.  Everything moving so fast!  But I did have a great time!  I think I remember everything, but if there where moments that I don't want to remember... please don't remind me. :smileywink:

But, I do have to say I feel great today!  The sleep I got was the most sound I've had in a long time.  And I feel as I can take on the world today!

Thanks Paul!  Definitely some good stuff you have in those drinks.

dalnewt

Maybe I shouldn't blame the e-book readers for trashing the ratings on books I consider really good reads, like the latest Sookie book Dead Reckoning (Sookie Stackhouse / Southern Vampire Series #11) the Newsflesh Trilogy  

Deadline (Newsflesh Trilogy Series #2) 

dalnewt
0 Kudos

[ Edited ]

So what do you guys think about the publicized offer by Liberty Media Corp. to buy Barnes & Nobel for a cost of approximately $1 billion? (See post on the Community Room Board at Let The Speculation Begin  and http://online.wsj.com/article/BT-CO-20110520-711235.html.)  

Inspired Wordsmith
kimba88

Ahh, so nice to sit here and check out all the eye candy. My in-laws arrived yesterday and will be here until June 4th, so I said I needed some milk , hopped on my harley and headed over here:smileywink: 

So line up some shots..and Paul you can add some of your special herbal blends..i need it !!!

I am on book 5 of the Hollows, but I had to pause because the library's digital copy of The Lincoln Lawyer arrived and I only have 14 days to read it. With my in-laws here..i can't find a quiet minute to read..Unless (herbs must be working..i am having an idea :smileytongue:) i lock myself in the bathroom a lot....!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

dhaupt
0 Kudos

kimba88 wrote:

Ahh, so nice to sit here and check out all the eye candy. My in-laws arrived yesterday and will be here until June 4th, so I said I needed some milk , hopped on my harley and headed over here:smileywink: 

So line up some shots..and Paul you can add some of your special herbal blends..i need it !!!

I am on book 5 of the Hollows, but I had to pause because the library's digital copy of The Lincoln Lawyer arrived and I only have 14 days to read it. With my in-laws here..i can't find a quiet minute to read..Unless (herbs must be working..i am having an idea :smileytongue:) i lock myself in the bathroom a lot....!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Okay bartender I'll have a fruity Chardonnay please,

Kimba, fly through The Lincoln Lawyer and then get The rest of Mikey's novels, I just this weekend finished the latest The Fifth Witness, It was fabulous. Do you read Michael's other series about Harry Bosch?

I love them both, but sometimes Harry can really bum you out where Mickey is more optimistic.

dalnewt
0 Kudos

Umm--I'll have 2 no make that 3 Advil and seltzer with a lime twist please. I had a very late night!

Inspired Wordsmith
kimba88
0 Kudos

dhaupt wrote:

kimba88 wrote:

Kimba, fly through The Lincoln Lawyer and then get The rest of Mikey's novels, I just this weekend finished the latest The Fifth Witness, It was fabulous. Do you read Michael's other series about Harry Bosch?

I love them both, but sometimes Harry can really bum you out where Mickey is more optimistic.

This was my first Mikey novel..didn't even know there were more..i am checking it out now..thanks for the tip dhaupt!!!:smileyvery-happy:

dhaupt
0 Kudos

dalnewt wrote:

Umm--I'll have 2 no make that 3 Advil and seltzer with a lime twist please. I had a very late night!

add a pillow to that order please :smileyhappy:

dhaupt
0 Kudos

kimba88 wrote:

dhaupt wrote:

kimba88 wrote:

This was my first Mikey novel..didn't even know there were more..i am checking it out now..thanks for the tip dhaupt!!!:smileyvery-happy:

You are so welcome

dalnewt

[ Edited ]

I'm stoked because I received delivery of  

Deadline (Newsflesh Trilogy Series #2) last night. (I didn't know about the delivery until my husband found the plastic bagged book by one of the garage doors last night.) I'm starting it tonight.:smileyhappy: Note, apparently the e-book isn't available until June 1.  

paulgoatallen

dalnewt wrote:

Deadline (Newsflesh Trilogy Series #2) last night. (I didn't know about the delivery until my husband found the plastic bagged book by one of the garage doors last night.) I'm starting it tonight.:smileyhappy: Note, apparently the e-book isn't available until June 1.  

I just got it too!!!!!!!   :smileyhappy:

Paul

"There never can be a man so lost as one who is lost in the vast and intricate corridors of his own lonely mind, where none may reach and none may save..." – Isaac Asimov, Pebble in the Sky
Wordsmith
Sarah3973

paulgoatallen wrote:

dalnewt wrote:

I just got it too!!!!!!!   :smileyhappy:

Paul

I'm soooooooo jealous of both of you!  I just went to see if maybe I could download the ebook yet and it's still in pre-order.  Just goes to show ya that us Nook owners don't always get preferential treatment:smileywink:.  Anyway, HAPPY READING!  And I will continue to pout until I am able to download:smileysad:

Anyone who says they have only one life to live must not know how to read a book. ~Author Unknown