Since 1997, you’ve been coming to BarnesandNoble.com to discuss everything from Stephen King to writing to Harry Potter. You’ve made our site more than a place to discover your next book: you’ve made it a community. But like all things internet, BN.com is growing and changing. We've said goodbye to our community message boards—but that doesn’t mean we won’t still be a place for adventurous readers to connect and discover.

Now, you can explore the most exciting new titles (and remember the classics) at the Barnes & Noble Book Blog. Check out conversations with authors like Jeff VanderMeer and Gary Shteyngart at the B&N Review, and browse write-ups of the best in literary fiction. Come to our Facebook page to weigh in on what it means to be a book nerd. Browse digital deals on the NOOK blog, tweet about books with us,or self-publish your latest novella with NOOK Press. And for those of you looking for support for your NOOK, the NOOK Support Forums will still be here.

We will continue to provide you with books that make you turn pages well past midnight, discover new worlds, and reunite with old friends. And we hope that you’ll continue to tell us how you’re doing, what you’re reading, and what books mean to you.

Bibliophile
Melhay
0 Kudos

Re: Welcome to Guilty Pleasures: The Paranormal Pub – Off-Topic Chat Served Up Daily

I had to stop by and apoligize to CozyinVt as I didn't realize her Harley brother, Brian, was to be returned two weekends ago.  But he seemed to be in no rush to take off either.  *shrug shoulders* *innocently sounding* Not sure why.  

She caught up with me and let me know she was worried about him.  Oh, he was definitely safe, but she hadn't heard from him.  But, he was sent home yesterday.  But I am hoping he will be rested up for this weekend...

So, what funs do we have planned for this weekend? :smileyhappy:

My Blog Spot: http://melissa-melsworld.blogspot.com/
Inspired Bibliophile
Vermontcozy

Re: Welcome to Guilty Pleasures: The Paranormal Pub – Off-Topic Chat Served Up Daily

I like that Mel, cozyinVt and when dainewt call's me Vermont..Glad to be back from my self imposed Internet Rehab...Mel Thanks for taking such good care of Brian....And His Harley is in the shop..So can you pick him up tomorrow? All the Barstools are arriving today..I know Ms.dainewt will be there to get the best one : )    9 am...Teak was My choice...and Blk Leather..Will have Your Names Carved on them tomorrow.....kimba and her I.O.U's are forgiven...Need to stock her Drink of choice and if everyone will post what they like ,our "Pleasure Boys" that dainewt hired   will place the order..one is the manager,but forgot his name...Too busy looking at his "ABS.... : )..'GUILTY PLEASURES' HAS BEEN ON "E" NEWS....So be warned the paparazzi could show up....considering our Celeb (2) customers...Bikerbookclub....Starting soon....excited....Later...Vermont aka cozyinvt....

Handbook of Paranormal Powers  just received an email from The paranormal Biker Club....This is the book they are reading...I just Ok...Whatever they want..'our Best Customers"....Tee Shirts for sale..as well  Ours are free of course...

Kindness,I've discovered,is everything in life...Issac Bashevis Singer
Inspired Bibliophile
GS2991
0 Kudos

[ Edited ]
Ever heard of "coast to coast am"?............ The radio show?
Silence is golden,
Duck tape is silver.

Book Sharks: No need to breathe, just read!
Distinguished Bibliophile
dalnewt
0 Kudos

[ Edited ]

HAPPY FRIDAY EVERYBODY--TIME TO PARTY

becke_davis wrote:

Saw this on Heather Graham's Facebook page - thought you'd like it!

Yep, it's a clip of me as a youngster. True my coloring has darkened, but I still have that big mouth. 
Inspired Bibliophile
Vermontcozy
0 Kudos

Hey dainewt...Great Party.,from what I can remember.Hope you are on your way to :Guilty Pleasures'.....I believe you offered to open...RE..Please don't leave your 'Spike Shoes' behind the Bar again..I did borrow them though....Later for our Lunch crowd...Dress accordingly..lol..Not that you will..Such a rebel  : ) VTC....Wish we had 'Riftwalker " Posters...it would look so "Rad"...

Bibliophile
Melhay

CozyinVt,  Consider Brian picked up. :smileyhappy:  Oh, I hope it's nothing series with the bike though. Hoping it will be all fixed soon.

So, what are the drink pleasures this week?  Hmm, we have a holiday weekend here in the US, so what can we come up with...

Lets see if I can find a few fun ones...

Chocolate Soldier Drink Recipe
.75 oz. Dubonnet
1.5 oz. Gin
.5 each Juice of Lime
Shake all ingredients with ice, strain into a cocktail glass, and serve.

Warrior Cocktail Drink Recipe
.5 oz Brandy
.5 tsp Sambuca
.5 tsp Triple sec
1 oz Sweet Vermouth
1 oz Dry Vermouth
Mix together with crushed ice in a glass and garnish with mint leaves

cocktailsRainbow Warrior Drink

Blue Curacao

Pineapple Juice

Grenadine

I think I might have to try the Chocolate Soldier. :smileywink:

Enjoy! 

Bibliophile
Melhay

Oh, and if anyone heads over to the book corner we have a new list of short stories we could listen too.  I don't know if anyone has read

Inspired Bibliophile
GS2991
0 Kudos

Drinks? How about purple nasty...don't ask. :smileywink:
Silence is golden,
Duck tape is silver.

Book Sharks: No need to breathe, just read!
Inspired Bibliophile
Vermontcozy
0 Kudos

So many choices Mel..I had the Chocolate Soldier as well..Pretty Powerful....Just wondering if you or anyone else had heard of

Nightfall (Dark Age Dawning Series #1)  Ellen Connor/Ann Aguirre,Abigail of   http://www.allthingsurbanfantasy.com   gave it a great review.... Vtc....

pen21

Have a great Memorial Day weekend.

Thinking of all of our service men and women.

Bibliophile
Melhay

Vermontcozy wrote:

So many choices Mel..I had the Chocolate Soldier as well..Pretty Powerful....Just wondering if you or anyone else had heard of

Nightfall (Dark Age Dawning Series #1)  Ellen Connor/Ann Aguirre,Abigail of   http://www.allthingsurbanfantasy.com   gave it a great review.... Vtc....

Oh yes! I have heard of this book.  I think "Ellen Connor" will be coming out with the third book in this series later this year.  But, I would like to get to this series as Ann Aguirre is one of the authors in this seires and well I've loved her work thus far. :smileyhappy: Thank you! 

The two authors working together here is Ann Aguirre and Carrie Lofty.  I've never read any of Carrie Lofty's books though.  I love the way they come up with the name they use as an author though. :smileyhappy:

Here is a link to their site if you want to check out the way they came up with their name and about the books. :smileyhappy:  http://ellenconnor.com/about/

Thank you so much for mentioning this one! :smileyhappy: 

Oh, and those Chocolate Soldiers where good, weren't they!  Thanks to Paul and his magic behind the bar. :smileyhappy:

Bibliophile
Melhay

pen21 wrote:

Happy Memorial to day you and everyone else here! I love this sparkely sign. :smileyhappy: Great!

Inspired Bibliophile
Vermontcozy
0 Kudos

Melhay wrote:

Vermontcozy wrote:

Oh yes! I have heard of this book.  I think "Ellen Connor" will be coming out with the third book in this series later this year.  But, I would like to get to this series as Ann Aguirre is one of the authors in this seires and well I've loved her work thus far. :smileyhappy: Thank you! 

The two authors working together here is Ann Aguirre and Carrie Lofty.  I've never read any of Carrie Lofty's books though.  I love the way they come up with the name they use as an author though. :smileyhappy:

Here is a link to their site if you want to check out the way they came up with their name and about the books. :smileyhappy:  http://ellenconnor.com/about/

Thank you so much for mentioning this one! :smileyhappy: 

Oh, and those Chocolate Soldiers where good, weren't they!  Thanks to Paul and his magic behind the bar. :smileyhappy:

A must read.Mel....Paul is still working here>..I thought he was fired for you know : )...but we welcome him back..As long as he behaves....

Inspired Bibliophile
Vermontcozy

Thanks pen21 Really Beautiful....We never forget Our Troops and Veterans

pen21 wrote:

dalnewt

[ Edited ]

My husband is planted in front of one of the TVs watching old war flicks, but it's doubtful that we'll get outside over this holiday. It's been raining off-and-on since Thursday.

It is important to remember the sacrifice of those who gave their lives and/or service to secure our country. It's strange though that most people don't celebrate Memorial Day like they use to in the past. My mother and her sister, my Aunt Rose, explained to me as a child the mass remembrance of the dead that occurred in their small town in SW Iowa. They lost their oldest brother Martin, who enlisted in the air force during WWII. I remember them explaining that almost every other house within their small town lost a son, husband or brother. They described Memorial Day as a town event, and a mass decoration of the graves of the fallen. I don't see that today. (In fact, I never saw that. I assume I was born too late to see that.) Flags are put on the graves in Arlington National Cemetery, but the general population doesn't seem to revere the fallen dead anymore. I suppose it's inevitable with the passage of time.  

Inspired Bibliophile
Vermontcozy

Just popping on to say Hi.I guess we Closed or maybe we are only open on Friday and Saturday..Been following           http://www.vampirebookclub.com  I hope this brings you all who are interested there. Very Good Site...."Big Alpha Showdown" involving  Barron's from The Fever Series..If Barron's wins K.Moning will write an incredible scene..And we know what Mac and Barrons do well : )...And from all the votes  It looks extremely promising.....Later Susan...

dalnewt
0 Kudos

Vermont--Thanks for the link! I'm gonna copy it and put it into the Upcoming Release thread just so the maximum amount of people know about it!:smileyhappy: Don't worry, you'll get all the cred--I'll tell people to go into the Guilty Pleasures thread and give you a L if they like the link.:smileywink:

Wordsmith
3monstersmom

Well since it's Friday night, I'm ready to get my freak on.  A round of shots on me!  Poor it up bartender.  Crank the music cause mama wanna dance.  Woot Woot

Inspired Bibliophile
Vermontcozy
0 Kudos

And your Bar Dancing was quite a hit.. ; ) 3monstersmom....See you tonight....Hope the Gang here shows up..Have all the Bar Stools in the backroom for our "Elite'  members.LOL..You know who you are..Everyone here has one!!!!!..Just need a Logo that each one of you like....''Guilty Pleasure's" Vermont  :smileywink:

Need You Now  Will be playing tonight..if you all agree..I could cancel..let me know....But they do Rock,and no cover charge....Virtual donations accepted for any number of Charities....

3monstersmom wrote:

Well since it's Friday night, I'm ready to get my freak on.  A round of shots on me!  Poor it up bartender.  Crank the music cause mama wanna dance.  Woot Woot

Inspired Bibliophile
Vermontcozy

Thanks D.But no L's needed.... Thanks for sharing.:smileywink:.. Looks Very promising for our Barron's...also if he wins,he will.    http://www.karenmariemoning.com  or just ...           http:// www.karenmoning.com  ..will have a story that I am just are so excited about..

dalnewt wrote:

Vermont--Thanks for the link! I'm gonna copy it and put it into the Upcoming Release thread just so the maximum amount of people know about it!:smileyhappy: Don't worry, you'll get all the cred--I'll tell people to go into the Guilty Pleasures thread and give you a L if they like the link.:smileywink: