Since 1997, you’ve been coming to BarnesandNoble.com to discuss everything from Stephen King to writing to Harry Potter. You’ve made our site more than a place to discover your next book: you’ve made it a community. But like all things internet, BN.com is growing and changing. We've said goodbye to our community message boards—but that doesn’t mean we won’t still be a place for adventurous readers to connect and discover.

Now, you can explore the most exciting new titles (and remember the classics) at the Barnes & Noble Book Blog. Check out conversations with authors like Jeff VanderMeer and Gary Shteyngart at the B&N Review, and browse write-ups of the best in literary fiction. Come to our Facebook page to weigh in on what it means to be a book nerd. Browse digital deals on the NOOK blog, tweet about books with us,or self-publish your latest novella with NOOK Press. And for those of you looking for support for your NOOK, the NOOK Support Forums will still be here.

We will continue to provide you with books that make you turn pages well past midnight, discover new worlds, and reunite with old friends. And we hope that you’ll continue to tell us how you’re doing, what you’re reading, and what books mean to you.

New User
gymophett
0 Kudos

What are good books about Witches (not Harry Potter)?

I'm looking for books about witches, magic, wicca, etc. Not a book specifically about that, but maybe where the main characer is a witch or something.

So far, all I have found are these Kim Harrison books about a woman named Rachel Morgan. I can't seem to find much, but I'm sure there are tons of them. I love series, but I like stories with just one book too. Can anyone recommend anything? Thanks! :smileywink:

paulgoatallen

Re: What are good books about Witches (not Harry Potter)?

gymophett wrote:

I'm looking for books about witches, magic, wicca, etc. Not a book specifically about that, but maybe where the main characer is a witch or something.

So far, all I have found are these Kim Harrison books about a woman named Rachel Morgan. I can't seem to find much, but I'm sure there are tons of them. I love series, but I like stories with just one book too. Can anyone recommend anything? Thanks! :smileywink:

I'd check out the genre primer thread –

http://bookclubs.barnesandnoble.com/t5/Paranormal-Urban-Fantasy/Genre-Series-Primer-for-Newbies-and-...

– it's got lots of suggestions, like:

Jim Butcher - Dresden Files
Simon R Green - Nightside
Anne Rice - Mafair Witches
Kim Harrison - Hollows
Yasmine Galenorn

Paul

"There never can be a man so lost as one who is lost in the vast and intricate corridors of his own lonely mind, where none may reach and none may save..." – Isaac Asimov, Pebble in the Sky
Inspired Correspondent
drthmik
0 Kudos

New User
paranormal-romance-addict
0 Kudos

If you want good witch books, I would try the Drake Sisters Novels by Christine Feehan.  There is a little romance in there but overall the books are about a family of 7 sisters that are witches and their powers.  She is coming out with a new series this year about warlock brothers as well.

B&N Bookseller
melissas

Definitely The Dresden Files by Jim Butcher.

Inspired Wordsmith
Sovereign_Queen
0 Kudos

The Initiation and The Captive (Part 1) (Secret Circl

The Captive (Part 2) and The Power (Secret Circle Series #2-3)

They're old skool YA, but these were my all time favorites when I was growing up and I really liked their take on witches and covens. 

~Suzi

Correspondent
cork_dork_mom

I picked this up at the library I work at and thoroughly enjoyed it. The cool part is that the author has ties to the Salem Witch Trials in her family tree. A very well written and enjoyable book.

The Physick Book of Deliverance Dane 

cork_dork_mom