Since 1997, you’ve been coming to BarnesandNoble.com to discuss everything from Stephen King to writing to Harry Potter. You’ve made our site more than a place to discover your next book: you’ve made it a community. But like all things internet, BN.com is growing and changing. We've said goodbye to our community message boards—but that doesn’t mean we won’t still be a place for adventurous readers to connect and discover.

Now, you can explore the most exciting new titles (and remember the classics) at the Barnes & Noble Book Blog. Check out conversations with authors like Jeff VanderMeer and Gary Shteyngart at the B&N Review, and browse write-ups of the best in literary fiction. Come to our Facebook page to weigh in on what it means to be a book nerd. Browse digital deals on the NOOK blog, tweet about books with us,or self-publish your latest novella with NOOK Press. And for those of you looking for support for your NOOK, the NOOK Support Forums will still be here.

We will continue to provide you with books that make you turn pages well past midnight, discover new worlds, and reunite with old friends. And we hope that you’ll continue to tell us how you’re doing, what you’re reading, and what books mean to you.

Reply
New User
CynBook
Posts: 4
Registered: ‎04-26-2011

Re: What are you currently reading?

currently reading 

 

Angels' Blood (Guild Hunter Series #1) 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Contributor
ScarletRibbons
Posts: 13
Registered: ‎01-19-2010

Re: What are you currently reading?

The first Sookie Stackhouse. Fun stuff.
Distinguished Wordsmith
angelcloud529
Posts: 403
Registered: ‎01-27-2007

Re: What are you currently reading?

im almost done with Cassie Palmer Book #4.  Love it.

HELP! I've fallen and can't reach my book!!!!
Moderator
dhaupt
Posts: 11,865
Registered: ‎10-19-2006

Re: What are you currently reading?

I just started 

 

Eternal Rider it's the first book in her new series about the 4 horsemen of the Apocalypse and a spin off of her Demonica series

 

So far so good

Wordsmith
Tess75
Posts: 309
Registered: ‎02-18-2011
0 Kudos

Re: What are you currently reading?

 Ok SciFiCanuck, always grabbing the spotlight from those of us not quick enough with the keyboard:smileyvery-happy:(LOL)!  I was going to put down that I also just picked up ...

 

 

 

                                                             

Mercy Burns (Myth and Magic Series #2) 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

       Good thing I like your suggestions or I might have to be tempted to report you, <Laughing> :smileyhappy: Good choices by the way! Teresa the Book Alcoholic:smileytongue:

Can anyone help? I think my fingers got glued to my NOOK and I can't seem to put it down!1! :smileyhappy:-
Although it's a good conversation piece when out in public!!
Scribe
SciFiCanuck
Posts: 2,075
Registered: ‎03-18-2008

Re: What are you currently reading?


Tess75 wrote:

 Ok SciFiCanuck, always grabbing the spotlight from those of us not quick enough with the keyboard:smileyvery-happy:(LOL)!  I was going to put down that I also just picked up ...

 

 

 

                                                             

Mercy Burns (Myth and Magic Series #2) 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

       Good thing I like your suggestions or I might have to be tempted to report you, <Laughing> :smileyhappy: Good choices by the way! Teresa the Book Alcoholic:smileytongue:


LOL!  Yeah it's a good thing I didn't read the first one yet...that would have been a long wait, waiting for this one!

 

I grabbed 2 more last night...  I loved Jenna Black's Morgan Kingsley series so I hope this one will be just as good.  Too bad they didn't use a real model for the cover...this one looks really cheesy.  :-(

 

 

 

This is the other one - sounds good...there is a thread here for it:

 

My name is Teresa, and I'm a bookaholic
Current book(s): Labyrinth of Stars (Hunter Kiss #5) by Marjorie M. Liu
Just finished: The Undead Pool by Kim Harrison (The Hollows #12)
Wordsmith
3monstersmom
Posts: 871
Registered: ‎03-04-2009
0 Kudos

Re: What are you currently reading?

I'm currently struggling my way through: 

 

Archangel's Consort (Guild Hunter Series #3) 

Not sure why I'm having such a hard time reading this one.  I love this series, but this book just seems like the soul of the story is not fully there.  I don't know.  Maybe I'm just being critical and picky this month, but I feel like I have been reading this book forever.  Anyone else have an opinion on this?

Distinguished Bibliophile
dalnewt
Posts: 2,725
Registered: ‎06-16-2009
0 Kudos

Re: What are you currently reading?

[ Edited ]

 


3monstersmom wrote:

I'm currently struggling my way through: 

 

Archangel's Consort (Guild Hunter Series #3) 

Not sure why I'm having such a hard time reading this one.  I love this series, but this book just seems like the soul of the story is not fully there.  I don't know.  Maybe I'm just being critical and picky this month, but I feel like I have been reading this book forever.  Anyone else have an opinion on this?


Although I loved Angels' Blood (Guild Hunter Series #1) and liked, with some reservations,Archangel's Kiss (Guild Hunter Series #2), I was lucky enough to check out a reader review by kitkat3ny and skip this book. I noticed her reviews coincided with some of my instincts/impressions when reading a book, so I added her to my friends list. Note, I've only seen her post on the boards once or twice, but she writes a lot of reader reviews of new UFs and Paranormal Romances. 

 

Wordsmith
ThirstyFlea
Posts: 308
Registered: ‎06-05-2010
0 Kudos

Re: What are you currently reading?

I just started reading (and will probably finish by tomorrow):

Seducing the Succubus 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Which will be proceeded immediately by the 2nd book (which I think recently came out):

 

The Demon and the Succubus   

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

And while I'm a little freaked by the covers, I'm really liking the first book- there's a great storyline, and I really like the characters.

A book is a loaded gun in the house next door... Who knows who might be the target of the well-read man? ~ Ray Bradbury, Fahrenheit 451
Distinguished Wordsmith
jgmme
Posts: 412
Registered: ‎11-21-2009

Re: What are you currently reading?

I finished

Teeth of Beasts (Skinners Series #3) 

this series just keeps getting better, I am going to wait till book #5 comes out before I read book #4, that way I can read them back to back.

 

I also read

Tangled Threads (Elemental Assassin Series #4) 

 I love this series. Great world building, fast pace, action packed and not stuffed full of sex that does nothing for the story. If you haven't read this series yet then what are you waiting for. You don't know what your missing.

 

I started

Some Girls Bite (Chicagoland Vampires Series #1) 

I decide to read this one because of this months picks. I have come across this one in the past but never picked it up, it just didn't appeal to me. But hey, if Paul is going to give it a chance then I thought I would too. I am on page 97 and so far its not bad. I am going to wait till I am finished before I give it a thumbs up or down. Anyone else going to pick this one up too?

 

 

Jo

shhhhh....I'm reading.
Inspired Wordsmith
Sovereign_Queen
Posts: 283
Registered: ‎11-28-2008
0 Kudos

Re: What are you currently reading?

I started this one: 

 

Hourglass 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

I started this on audiobook, but having trouble with it.  Maybe I'll switch to hard copy and see if that's easier....

 

Clockwork Angel (The Infernal Devices Series #1) 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

~Suzi

Moderator
paulgoatallen
Posts: 7,327
Registered: ‎08-16-2007
0 Kudos

Re: What are you currently reading?

I love that cover art, Suzi!

 

Cover Image

"There never can be a man so lost as one who is lost in the vast and intricate corridors of his own lonely mind, where none may reach and none may save..." – Isaac Asimov, Pebble in the Sky
Wordsmith
3monstersmom
Posts: 871
Registered: ‎03-04-2009

Re: What are you currently reading?

 


paulgoatallen wrote:

I love that cover art, Suzi!

 

Cover Image


The quality of cover art that they are putting out for YA is amazing.  I know how visual teenagers are, and how important an eye catching cover is for that market, but WOW.  This cover is just breathtakingly awesome.  I'm a wee bit jealous this hasn't caught on more in the UF genre.  Tramp stamped chicks in leather pants and high heeled boots are getting a little old you know.  My book shelf looks like it has a serious fetish going on.

 

Wordsmith
3monstersmom
Posts: 871
Registered: ‎03-04-2009
0 Kudos

Re: What are you currently reading?

 


dalnewt wrote:

 


3monstersmom wrote:

I'm currently struggling my way through: 

 

Archangel's Consort (Guild Hunter Series #3) 

Not sure why I'm having such a hard time reading this one.  I love this series, but this book just seems like the soul of the story is not fully there.  I don't know.  Maybe I'm just being critical and picky this month, but I feel like I have been reading this book forever.  Anyone else have an opinion on this?


Although I loved Angels' Blood (Guild Hunter Series #1) and liked, with some reservations,Archangel's Kiss (Guild Hunter Series #2), I was lucky enough to check out a reader review by kitkat3ny and skip this book. I noticed her reviews coincided with some of my instincts/impressions when reading a book, so I added her to my friends list. Note, I've only seen her post on the boards once or twice, but she writes a lot of reader reviews of new UFs and Paranormal Romances. 

 


I finally finished this and it was a total "eh" book.  Not anything near as good as the other two.  I read kitkat3ny review and have to agree with it.  Hopefully the next book Archangel's Blade will be better, but I am nervous about it being from Demitri's POV. 

 

 

Currently reading: 

The Gathering

 

 

 

Inspired Wordsmith
Sovereign_Queen
Posts: 283
Registered: ‎11-28-2008
0 Kudos

Re: What are you currently reading?

 


3monstersmom wrote:

 


paulgoatallen wrote:

I love that cover art, Suzi!

 

Cover Image


The quality of cover art that they are putting out for YA is amazing.  I know how visual teenagers are, and how important an eye catching cover is for that market, but WOW.  This cover is just breathtakingly awesome.  I'm a wee bit jealous this hasn't caught on more in the UF genre.  Tramp stamped chicks in leather pants and high heeled boots are getting a little old you know.  My book shelf looks like it has a serious fetish going on.

 


 

It's *so* pretty, isn't it?  The cover faeries were very good to her.

 

YA cover art has trends too--remember the "girl holding things" trend?

 

The trend I am really loving right now is the "girl wearing incredible dresses I want to own" trend.

 

For example:

 

 

The Girl in the Steel Corset

  

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

The Vespertine

  

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

The Mephisto Covenant

  

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

~Suzi

Wordsmith
3monstersmom
Posts: 871
Registered: ‎03-04-2009

Re: What are you currently reading?

 


Sovereign_Queen wrote:

 


3monstersmom wrote:

 


paulgoatallen wrote:

I love that cover art, Suzi!

 

Cover Image


The quality of cover art that they are putting out for YA is amazing.  I know how visual teenagers are, and how important an eye catching cover is for that market, but WOW.  This cover is just breathtakingly awesome.  I'm a wee bit jealous this hasn't caught on more in the UF genre.  Tramp stamped chicks in leather pants and high heeled boots are getting a little old you know.  My book shelf looks like it has a serious fetish going on.

 


 

It's *so* pretty, isn't it?  The cover faeries were very good to her.

 

YA cover art has trends too--remember the "girl holding things" trend?

 

The trend I am really loving right now is the "girl wearing incredible dresses I want to own" trend.

 

For example:

 

 

The Girl in the Steel Corset

  

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

The Vespertine

  

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

The Mephisto Covenant

  

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

~Suzi


 

I know!  The cloths are so pretty, but I'm in total mom mode at this point in my life and every time I see one of those covers my thought order is this:

 

1.) I want that dress.  

 

2.) What the heck is she doing in the woods/dungeon/dirty alley dressed like that?  She is going to ruin that dress.  I bet it's already torn.  Do you know how much money a dress like that cost?  

 

Lame I tell ya. :smileytongue:

Bibliophile
Melhay
Posts: 2,062
Registered: ‎12-11-2008
0 Kudos

Re: What are you currently reading?

Currently I'm working on:

The Sweet Scent of Blood 

 

But my cover is a little different than this one.  I kind of like the blend of fae and vampires in this read.  And I think there is more going on than we (Genny~main character & I) are getting from everyone.  I'm curious to see where we end up.

_______________________
"There are no honorable causes. There is no good or evil. Evil is only what we call those who oppose us." From Nyphron Rising, By Michael J. Sullivan

My Blog Spot: http://melissa-melsworld.blogspot.com/
Wordsmith
Tess75
Posts: 309
Registered: ‎02-18-2011
0 Kudos

Re: What are you currently reading?


3monstersmom wrote:

 


paulgoatallen wrote:

I love that cover art, Suzi!

 

Cover Image


The quality of cover art that they are putting out for YA is amazing.  I know how visual teenagers are, and how important an eye catching cover is for that market, but WOW.  This cover is just breathtakingly awesome.  I'm a wee bit jealous this hasn't caught on more in the UF genre.  Tramp stamped chicks in leather pants and high heeled boots are getting a little old you know.  My book shelf looks like it has a serious fetish going on.

 


I have to agree with you on the cover! It's not only breathtaking. Looking at her standing in front of the door with the wind blowing like that makes you want to see what's behind the door. This kind of cover would catch my eye and I would pick it up myself just out of curiosity!

Can anyone help? I think my fingers got glued to my NOOK and I can't seem to put it down!1! :smileyhappy:-
Although it's a good conversation piece when out in public!!
Inspired Wordsmith
FaeryQueen
Posts: 347
Registered: ‎01-04-2009
0 Kudos

Re: What are you currently reading?

After taking a week off, I finally picked up a book!  Just finished up:

 

 

Savage Nature 

I've had some problems with some of Feehan's series lately.  The Ghostwalker and Leopard series have seemed to keep my interest and not annoyed the crap out of me.

 

Here we have Drake's book.....we finally see what's happened to him since getting injured in Burning Wild.  Yet another book set in the New Orleans area, this one stays mostly in the swamps.  Drake is sent to investigate claims in a mysterious letter that a leopard is killing people on Jake's land.  He hires the best swamp guide, Saria, only to find out she sent the letter.  Together they try to figure out what's going on in the messed up leopard community.  We also get a little peak into Joshua's past in this book too.  The only complaint I have was that the ending seemed abrupt.  With the introduction of an entire new leopard community, Feehan has left herself lots of room to play with this series.

 

Next up is the Christine Warren novel, Black Magic Woman.

Contributor
Kegan
Posts: 15
Registered: ‎07-02-2010
0 Kudos

Re: What are you currently reading?

 


Tess75 wrote:

3monstersmom wrote:

 


paulgoatallen wrote:

I love that cover art, Suzi!

 

Cover Image


The quality of cover art that they are putting out for YA is amazing.  I know how visual teenagers are, and how important an eye catching cover is for that market, but WOW.  This cover is just breathtakingly awesome.  I'm a wee bit jealous this hasn't caught on more in the UF genre.  Tramp stamped chicks in leather pants and high heeled boots are getting a little old you know.  My book shelf looks like it has a serious fetish going on.

 


I have to agree with you on the cover! It's not only breathtaking. Looking at her standing in front of the door with the wind blowing like that makes you want to see what's behind the door. This kind of cover would catch my eye and I would pick it up myself just out of curiosity!


I think she is walking down a wall.

 

"John Adams was a farmer. Abraham Lincoln was a small-town lawyer. Plato, Socrates were teachers. Jesus was a carpenter. To equate judgment and wisdom with occupation is at best . . . insulting."