Since 1997, you’ve been coming to BarnesandNoble.com to discuss everything from Stephen King to writing to Harry Potter. You’ve made our site more than a place to discover your next book: you’ve made it a community. But like all things internet, BN.com is growing and changing. We've said goodbye to our community message boards—but that doesn’t mean we won’t still be a place for adventurous readers to connect and discover.

Now, you can explore the most exciting new titles (and remember the classics) at the Barnes & Noble Book Blog. Check out conversations with authors like Jeff VanderMeer and Gary Shteyngart at the B&N Review, and browse write-ups of the best in literary fiction. Come to our Facebook page to weigh in on what it means to be a book nerd. Browse digital deals on the NOOK blog, tweet about books with us,or self-publish your latest novella with NOOK Press. And for those of you looking for support for your NOOK, the NOOK Support Forums will still be here.

We will continue to provide you with books that make you turn pages well past midnight, discover new worlds, and reunite with old friends. And we hope that you’ll continue to tell us how you’re doing, what you’re reading, and what books mean to you.

Distinguished Wordsmith
jgmme

Re: What are you currently reading?

Just finished reading

Some Girls Bite (Chicagoland Vampires Series #1) 

It was a quick read. I enjoyed the story and the world building and will read the next few books in the series, there's a lot to build on and room to grow. That being said, its not a KH, JB, or LKH. But still enjoyable.

Next up

Dead Reckoning (Sookie Stackhouse / Southern Vampire Series #11) 

Jo

shhhhh....I'm reading.
Inspired Wordsmith
kimba88

Ok Gang, I found a series that are free for the Nook:

The Mating

The Keeping

The Finding

I started the first one and it is actually pretty good. Enjoy ! :smileytongue:

Inspired Bibliophile
Nelsmom

I am reading Jenna Black's first book in herThe Descendant series

Dark Descendant  I am only a little way into the book but enjoying it very much.

Toni

Toni L. Chapman
Everyone needs some Tender Loving Care
Inspired Bibliophile
Vermontcozy

[ Edited ]

Thanks Kimba...I actually found a book and went thru the backdoor of BN after seeing it on "A" so Kimba has taught us alot,,its.99 and the Storyline is a bit of a mix,Paranormal..Mystery..Good Reviews..and I dnloaded it to my blkberry..which I rarely do anymore.....Back to hard copies..Till I ever decide which ereader to get...lol...Back again..Will not dnload to my blkberry..It was taking forever..and then I checked..NO BLKBERRY App......It happened once before..So will contact BN Cust.Ser...#annoyed

REUNION

Kindness,I've discovered,is everything in life...Issac Bashevis Singer
Wordsmith
Sarah3973

I'm currently reading three books:

Grey 

The Outlaw Demon Wails (Rachel Morgan Series #6)

Anyone who says they have only one life to live must not know how to read a book. ~Author Unknown
Inspired Wordsmith
FaeryQueen
0 Kudos

I just finished up 

Black Magic Woman (Others Series #11) 

She's been revamping the ebooks released by Elora's Cave.  I think this is a new story but it's set right after the end of Mac & Danice's book.  It features Danice's sister, Daphanie.  At the couple's wedding reception, Daphanie meets Quigly, who takes her to an Other nightclub.  She of course runs into trouble and is helped by Asher (a guardian with wings, not to be confused with a guardian angel).  Daphanie ends up cursed and the gang has to figure out who is really behind it and stop them.  This book was much better than the last couple of reworked stories.  Still I like A Walk On the Wild Side the best.  Oh and if you are a Warren fan, her short story Heart of the Sea is free for NOOK.  I don't think this was ever published.  I read it a while back on her website.

Now, what to read next.  Don't know if I want to hold off on the new Sookie book until some of you read it first, or suck it up.....  hmmm

Scribe
SciFiCanuck

[ Edited ]

~JUMPS UP AND DOWN~  Cover is out for the next Elemental Assassin book coming out the end of September....can't wait!!!  The synopsis is also on Goodreads but don't want to spoil it for anyone, just in case so I won't include it. 

I don't know it's weird...the model's face looks different than the other books...  This one she looks tinier and more petite...almost dainty.  In all the other books, she looks more like I imagine her...more kick-ass.  I think the model was switched out.  :-(  These are the last three...her mouth is definitely different, she looks shorter and what is with her bangs?  Definitely like the older book covers better...

My name is Teresa, and I'm a bookaholic
Current book(s): Labyrinth of Stars (Hunter Kiss #5) by Marjorie M. Liu
Just finished: The Undead Pool by Kim Harrison (The Hollows #12)
Correspondent
wyntermoon
0 Kudos

I am currently reading a book that has been turned into an HBO series.  Heard a lot about it, so I decided to try it out.  I'm hooked.

A Game of Thrones (A Song of Ice and Fire #1) 

dhaupt
0 Kudos

Teresa, thanks for the heads up on Jennifer Estep's series I LOVE that series.

I just read

Eternal Rider

loved it

http://thereadingfrenzy.blogspot.com/2011/05/review-of-eternal-rider-by-larissa-ione.html?spref=gr#c...

Inspired Bibliophile
Vermontcozy

Hi wyntermoon..I have been wanting to read this as well..Sounds perfect for me..My daughter is reading and watching it..Good to see you..Stop by The Paranormal Pub..its listed here on a Thread...have a Drink or Coffee..and if you have a Fave Band..Let us know,,It gets a little risque..But under control....sometimes  Best   Susan

wyntermoon wrote:

I am currently reading a book that has been turned into an HBO series.  Heard a lot about it, so I decided to try it out.  I'm hooked.

A Game of Thrones (A Song of Ice and Fire #1) 

Scribe
SciFiCanuck

dhaupt wrote:

Teresa, thanks for the heads up on Jennifer Estep's series I LOVE that series.

I just read

Eternal Rider

loved it

http://thereadingfrenzy.blogspot.com/2011/05/review-of-eternal-rider-by-larissa-ione.html?spref=gr#c...

:-)   And Spider's Revenge sounds like a doozie!  Can't wait!

I am looking forward to reading Eternal Rider...I loved her Demonica series!

Inspired Wordsmith
lilithesque
0 Kudos

I am currently reading

Discord's Apple .  So far so good.  I am going to pick up from the library

Enclave.  I am looking forward to this.  I like Ann Aguire's other books. 

Dude, Where's my book!
Distinguished Wordsmith
jgmme

just finished

once again not as good as her earlier ones.

now reading

Friday Night Bites (Chicagoland Vampires Series #2) 

I on page 60 so far, I am liking this series.

Jo

shhhhh....I'm reading.
Wordsmith
3monstersmom

Just finished:

Enclave  

I was pleasantly surprised by how good this book was.  The quality is right there with the first Hunger Games book (maybe better depending on how you like your dystopia).  Loved how the societal dynamics of the tribes were set up, and the characters with their reactions and choices were both fascinating and realistic.  Definitely a book I would recommend to others.

Scribe
SciFiCanuck

[ Edited ]

Just received some books in the mail...broke down and bought these ones.

:-)

And this Sandman Slim hardcover is so cute!  LOL

Wordsmith
Tess75
0 Kudos

Vermontcozy wrote:

Thanks Kimba...I actually found a book and went thru the backdoor of BN after seeing it on "A" so Kimba has taught us alot,,its.99 and the Storyline is a bit of a mix,Paranormal..Mystery..Good Reviews..and I dnloaded it to my blkberry..which I rarely do anymore.....Back to hard copies..Till I ever decide which ereader to get...lol...Back again..Will not dnload to my blkberry..It was taking forever..and then I checked..NO BLKBERRY App......It happened once before..So will contact BN Cust.Ser...#annoyed

REUNION

I'm not sure if this will help you as far as which ereader to purchase or not? I researched the ipad, kindle,and nook to see which would more cost effective for myself. So I went on line and looked at the different features Kindle has compared to Nook. Then also asked those that own a kindle, nook, ipad. As far as I found the kindle isn't that different than the nook except the price is lower and now are coming out with a kinddle #1 & #2. In which neither impressed me, and my cousin wished she bought the nook instead of the kindle  The nook is more expensive and already came out with nook color, and unless they upgrade I haven't heard about any in the works. The pad runs anywhere from $400+ more. When I asked the friend of mine about it because with the ipad I wouldn't need the other two. He said, "If you're using it for reading and don't need the extra apps. with it save your money".

I've heard both good and bad about the kinddle, classic nook, and nook color. Since the ipad is to expensive for some I wouldn't bother with it. It's more business work or classes, of course they're are other benefits. Between both the kindle and the nook I found nook more expensive yet better apps.

If you want an ereader just for reading you can by both the kindde and the nook and still save money not purchasing the ipad. This way the book the one doesn't have the other might, (best of both)! At least that's what people have been telling me.:smileyhappy:

Hope this was some help to you Vermontocozy!!!

Can anyone help? I think my fingers got glued to my NOOK and I can't seem to put it down!1! :smileyhappy:-
Although it's a good conversation piece when out in public!!
Frequent Contributor
Jillian12
0 Kudos

I am getting ready to read the book Bitten by Kelley Armstrong.  Does anyone have any thoughts about it?  I signed up for a book club at my local library! 

Inspired Wordsmith
FaeryQueen
0 Kudos

Jillian12 wrote:

I am getting ready to read the book Bitten by Kelley Armstrong.  Does anyone have any thoughts about it?  I signed up for a book club at my local library! 

Bitten is one of my all time favorite books.  Love Love Love it!

Throughout the book Elena struggles with accepting herself as a werewolf.  She finally has to stop running from herself, figure out what makes her happy, and accept it.

Inspired Bibliophile
Vermontcozy
0 Kudos

Thanks Tess..Happy Mothers Day...Will see what I am going to do..Will have a few Nooks around today...and will have another look..Good advice though..I am reading....

Prophecy  ..Lots of mystery and somewhat mystical..Edge of your seat....Still putting the pieces together... Susan

Inspired Bibliophile
Vermontcozy
0 Kudos

Hi Ms. SciFiCanuck....Enjoy "First Grave on the Right"......Let us know..Because Second Grave on The Left will be out in August..and There is an inbetween story..I will share with you,after you finish "FGrave"    It doesn't make any sense  if you haven't read "First"    The "Kill The Dead "cover is great..I have SandmanSlim on my blkberry..Must finish......Susan .