Frequent Contributor
Jillian12

Re: What are you currently reading?

@ FaeryQueen...thanks for the feedback! Now Imm excited about starting it! It should be here any day now!
Frequent Contributor
Katie983

The Iron Thorn  

CURRENTLY READING:

Dead Reckoning (Sookie Stackhouse / Southern Vampire Series #11)  

UP NEXT:

Seducing the Succubus  

“When I was your age, television was called books.”
― William Goldman, The Princess Bride

"There is no mistaking a real book when one meets it. It's like falling in love." -- Christopher Morley
Bibliophile
Melhay
0 Kudos

Winter's Passage (Iron Fey Series)  Well, I've tried to get a few books started here.

This one I started and finished over the weekend here.  It was just a short novella to go with the YA series, Iron Fey which I just started.

I started this one on Friday and am only 140 pages into it.  I do like the characters and looking forward to see where they go. :smileyhappy:

I'm going to be starting Ann Aguirre's third Corine Solomon book here on Monday! :smileyhappy: Yeah!  I love this series and Ann Aguirre.  So, I'm looking forward to it.

My Blog Spot: http://melissa-melsworld.blogspot.com/
Distinguished Wordsmith
jgmme

just finished

Twice Bitten (Chicagoland Vampires Series #3)  

this is a good series, so glad I decide to read it.

Next up

Hard Bitten (Chicagoland Vampires Series #4) 

Jo

shhhhh....I'm reading.
Inspired Wordsmith
kimba88

[ Edited ]

Wahoo! woot! woot! :smileyhappy:

I just picked up ebooks of Kim Harrison's The hollow series 4 through 8...wahoo!

fyi... if you hear reports that I am missing from the Guilty Pleasure's Pub patrons, tell them I am reading, oh and please tell the barkeep, I will pay for the 2 bottles of patron i took for this reading fest!:smileyvery-happy:

Wordsmith
Tess75
0 Kudos

[ Edited ]

Vermontcozy wrote:

Thanks Tess..Happy Mothers Day...Will see what I am going to do..Will have a few Nooks around today...and will have another look..Good advice though..I am reading....

Prophecy  ..Lots of mystery and somewhat mystical..Edge of your seat....Still putting the pieces together... Susan

I hope you had a nice mother's yourself!:smileyhappy:  Good luck choosing which ereader best suits your needs. That's what really matters not how much it costs or how many accessories it offers, it's what makes your reading and life more enjoyable for you!!! Happy Reading along with your research!:smileyhappy:

Can anyone help? I think my fingers got glued to my NOOK and I can't seem to put it down!1! :smileyhappy:-
Although it's a good conversation piece when out in public!!
dhaupt

Teresa, I think you'll like Eternal Rider especially if you were a Demonica fan.

Right now I'm reviewing for Tor

Mind Games  

it's the second in the series the first was a debut by Taylor Keating

called

Game Over  

it's a urban fantasy meets paranormal series. It starts inside a game like tron, but there are werewolves, fae, you name it. Pretty good.

Inspired Wordsmith
kimba88

Tess75 wrote:

Vermontcozy wrote:

Thanks Tess..Happy Mothers Day...Will see what I am going to do..Will have a few Nooks around today...and will have another look..Good advice though..I am reading....

Prophecy  ..Lots of mystery and somewhat mystical..Edge of your seat....Still putting the pieces together... Susan

I hope you had a nice mother's yourself!:smileyhappy:  Good luck choosing which ereader best suits your needs. That's what really matters not how much it costs or how many accessories it offers, it's what makes your reading and life more enjoyable for you!!! Happy Reading along with your research!:smileyhappy:

DO NOT BUY ANY READER UNTIL AFTER May 23rd. B&N announced the release of a new nook , they will give full details on the 23rd. Rumor has it that it may be a nookcolor with an eink reader or something in the middle of the two.

Inspired Wordsmith
Sovereign_Queen

Just finished this--great time-slip YA

Trying to decide which to read next, Enclave or The Iron Thorn....

~Suzi

Next up, trying to decide between these two--thoughts? 

Scribe
SciFiCanuck

Man I really need to stay out of the bookstores!!  LOL!  More books to add to my TBR...  Look at those bare chests, hahaha!  I've still got to read the first Spell Crackers, the first 2 of Sons of the Zodiac AND the first Light Dragons book.  Think I'm going to dig into the next Dragonfire book after Mona Lisa Eclipsing.  :-)

Warrior Betrayed: The Sons of the Zodiac

My name is Teresa, and I'm a bookaholic
Current book(s): The Undead Pool by Kim Harrison (The Hollows #12)
Just finished: Black Arts by Faith Hunter (Jane Yellowrock #7)
Inspired Wordsmith
kimba88

SciFiCanuck wrote:

Man I really need to stay out of the bookstores!!  LOL!  More books to add to my TBR...  Look at those bare chests, hahaha!  I've still got to read the first Spell Crackers, the first 2 of Sons of the Zodiac AND the first Light Dragons book.  Think I'm going to dig into the next Dragonfire book after Mona Lisa Eclipsing.  :-)

Warrior Betrayed: The Sons of the Zodiac

Yummy..hope the inside is a good as the outside looks !

Wordsmith
3monstersmom
0 Kudos

Sovereign_Queen wrote:

Just finished this--great time-slip YA

Trying to decide which to read next, Enclave or The Iron Thorn....

~Suzi

Next up, trying to decide between these two--thoughts? 

ENCLAVE was a really good dystopia. Just sayin' :smileywink:

dhaupt
0 Kudos

Here's one that comes out 5-24 with a mix of paranormal/urban fantasy with a little sci-fi thrown in too

Mind Games  

http://thereadingfrenzy.blogspot.com/2011/05/review-of-mind-games-by-taylor-keating.html

Distinguished Bibliophile
TiggerBear
0 Kudos

3monstersmom wrote:

paulgoatallen wrote:

I love that cover art, Suzi!

Cover Image

The quality of cover art that they are putting out for YA is amazing.  I know how visual teenagers are, and how important an eye catching cover is for that market, but WOW.  This cover is just breathtakingly awesome.  I'm a wee bit jealous this hasn't caught on more in the UF genre.  Tramp stamped chicks in leather pants and high heeled boots are getting a little old you know.  My book shelf looks like it has a serious fetish going on.

(nodding) From your mouth to....

Distinguished Bibliophile
TiggerBear

3monstersmom wrote:

Sovereign_Queen wrote:

3monstersmom wrote:

paulgoatallen wrote:

I love that cover art, Suzi!

Cover Image

The quality of cover art that they are putting out for YA is amazing.  I know how visual teenagers are, and how important an eye catching cover is for that market, but WOW.  This cover is just breathtakingly awesome.  I'm a wee bit jealous this hasn't caught on more in the UF genre.  Tramp stamped chicks in leather pants and high heeled boots are getting a little old you know.  My book shelf looks like it has a serious fetish going on.

It's *so* pretty, isn't it?  The cover faeries were very good to her.

YA cover art has trends too--remember the "girl holding things" trend?

The trend I am really loving right now is the "girl wearing incredible dresses I want to own" trend.

For example:

The Girl in the Steel Corset

The Vespertine

The Mephisto Covenant

~Suzi

I know!  The cloths are so pretty, but I'm in total mom mode at this point in my life and every time I see one of those covers my thought order is this:

1.) I want that dress.  

2.) What the heck is she doing in the woods/dungeon/dirty alley dressed like that?  She is going to ruin that dress.  I bet it's already torn.  Do you know how much money a dress like that cost?  

Lame I tell ya. :smileytongue:

2. Well you know, it's a rip off most female emo/goth/electropop music videos. I always watch them and figure most of the budget was spent on the one shot clothes price. You just know there's little salvageable of them after the shoot.

Wordsmith
Tess75

First Grave on the Right 

I myself finally was able to purchase this book also, OMG you guys weren't kidding about how good this book is.  I'm about half way through the book and I have a hard time putting it down. I'll be cooking with one hand and reading the book in the other:smileyvery-happy:

It's a definite must have!

Can anyone help? I think my fingers got glued to my NOOK and I can't seem to put it down!1! :smileyhappy:-
Although it's a good conversation piece when out in public!!
Wordsmith
ThirstyFlea
0 Kudos

I think I'm a little behind the curve here, but I just started Rosemary and Rue (October Daye Series #1). I'm not getting into as easily as I'd like though. Ok, so I'm only 60 pages into so far, but it's not yet holding my interest. 

Someone please tell me this book and the series get better.....

A book is a loaded gun in the house next door... Who knows who might be the target of the well-read man? ~ Ray Bradbury, Fahrenheit 451
paulgoatallen
0 Kudos

ThirstyFlea wrote:

I think I'm a little behind the curve here, but I just started Rosemary and Rue (October Daye Series #1). I'm not getting into as easily as I'd like though. Ok, so I'm only 60 pages into so far, but it's not yet holding my interest. 

Someone please tell me this book and the series get better.....

It gets better! :smileyhappy:

Paul

"There never can be a man so lost as one who is lost in the vast and intricate corridors of his own lonely mind, where none may reach and none may save..." – Isaac Asimov, Pebble in the Sky
Correspondent
wyntermoon
0 Kudos

It is really good.  It took me awhile to finally begin the story, but I love it so far.  It blends mystery, intrigue, romance and everything else it seems.  Hope you get to read it sometime and thanks for the invite to the Paranormal Pub.  See you around. 
Vermontcozy wrote:

Hi wyntermoon..I have been wanting to read this as well..Sounds perfect for me..My daughter is reading and watching it..Good to see you..Stop by The Paranormal Pub..its listed here on a Thread...have a Drink or Coffee..and if you have a Fave Band..Let us know,,It gets a little risque..But under control....sometimes  Best   Susan

wyntermoon wrote:

I am currently reading a book that has been turned into an HBO series.  Heard a lot about it, so I decided to try it out.  I'm hooked.

A Game of Thrones (A Song of Ice and Fire #1) 

Inspired Wordsmith
kimba88

I am almost done a Fistful of Charms :smileyvery-happy:.. i am really enjoying it, then i will start the next one. I just won a book from goodreads.com called  The First Days (As The World Dies: A Zombie Trilogy, #1) and will be waiting for that in the mail. Anyone read or heard of it? It will be my first zombie book..lol