Since 1997, you’ve been coming to BarnesandNoble.com to discuss everything from Stephen King to writing to Harry Potter. You’ve made our site more than a place to discover your next book: you’ve made it a community. But like all things internet, BN.com is growing and changing. We've said goodbye to our community message boards—but that doesn’t mean we won’t still be a place for adventurous readers to connect and discover.

Now, you can explore the most exciting new titles (and remember the classics) at the Barnes & Noble Book Blog. Check out conversations with authors like Jeff VanderMeer and Gary Shteyngart at the B&N Review, and browse write-ups of the best in literary fiction. Come to our Facebook page to weigh in on what it means to be a book nerd. Browse digital deals on the NOOK blog, tweet about books with us,or self-publish your latest novella with NOOK Press. And for those of you looking for support for your NOOK, the NOOK Support Forums will still be here.

We will continue to provide you with books that make you turn pages well past midnight, discover new worlds, and reunite with old friends. And we hope that you’ll continue to tell us how you’re doing, what you’re reading, and what books mean to you.

Correspondent
lesnes

Re: What are you currently reading?

Alien Proliferation  Just finished this. I love this series! Yes, I say that everytime I type about this author. Loved the action, snark, and sarcasm. Had me laughing so much.

Distinguished Wordsmith
jgmme

ok, its been a while, but here is a list of books that I have read over the last few weeks.

Great read, can't wait to see where this series goes from here.

The Wild Ways

This is the 2nd book in this series. It is a very enjoyable series, I really think you guys would like it!

I love this series, but this book, for me, was just ok. But I am really looking forward to the next one.

I just started reading this series this year, its not at all what I thought it was going to be and found myself really liking it. This book was entertaining, although I would have to say that the ending could have been a little better.

LOVED IT!!!!!!!

The Vengeful Dead

Another new series that is turning out to be good.

Better Off Undead: The Bloodhound Files

I just started this one, so far so good, can't wait to see what happens!

Jo

shhhhh....I'm reading.
Scribe
SciFiCanuck

BearMountainBooks wrote:

ThirstyFlea wrote:

Alright, you all win- I do really like the October Daye series! I'm not on the third and love it!

An Artificial Night (October Daye Series #3)   

It's on my TBR...

This series is SO good!  The last one (One Salt Sea) broke my heart.  Just happened on the next 2 titles...wow I can't wait for Ashes of Honor (September 2012)!  One after that is The Chimes at Midnight (September 2013).  :-)

My name is Teresa, and I'm a bookaholic
Current book(s): Labyrinth of Stars (Hunter Kiss #5) by Marjorie M. Liu
Just finished: The Undead Pool by Kim Harrison (The Hollows #12)
Contributor
Bound2review

I am currently reading Hunting Ground by Patricia Briggs. I have read all of her Mercy Thompson series and thought I would give her Alpha and Omega novels a try. I've liked them so far and can't wait to finish this one so I can start reading Fair Game.

Scribe
SciFiCanuck

Bound2review wrote:

I am currently reading Hunting Ground by Patricia Briggs. I have read all of her Mercy Thompson series and thought I would give her Alpha and Omega novels a try. I've liked them so far and can't wait to finish this one so I can start reading Fair Game.

I really like this series as well...looking forward to Fair Game!  It's been WAY too long since the last one.

Distinguished Wordsmith
angelcloud529
0 Kudos

[ Edited ]

Sooo I've been gone for awhile, but I'm back!!!!  I have also been taking a break from reading because I have been training for 6 weeks, blah. 

Ok, back to the important stuff...

Just finished:

Lover Avenged (Black Dagger Brotherhood Series #7)

I loved Rhevenge's story, but it wasn't my fave.  I still think V's story is the best hands down. 

I am half way through:

HELP! I've fallen and can't reach my book!!!!
Distinguished Wordsmith
angelcloud529

Just finished:

Lover Mine (Black Dagger Brotherhood Series #8) 

I really liked it... it was hearbreaking, but good. 

Currently reading:

I decided to wait on Lover Unleashed because...Shadow Heir just came out!!!!

Inspired Wordsmith
kimba88

11/22/63  

on page 500 of 693. It is so King. love the references to Derry and It.

JIMLA! JIMLA! JIMLA!

Distinguished Bibliophile
pen21
0 Kudos

kimba88 wrote:

11/22/63  

on page 500 of 693. It is so King. love the references to Derry and It.

JIMLA! JIMLA! JIMLA!I

I am looking forward to your review.
Wordsmith
ThirstyFlea
0 Kudos

angelcloud529 wrote:

Currently reading:

I just started this last night- I forgot it came out! Super sad it's the last, and unfortunately I read a review somewhere that the ending is terrible, which I'm dreading anyway. We'll see! Let me know what you think!

I plowed through Clockwork Prince (Infernal Devices Series #2)  over the holiday, and loved it! And while I love Cassandra Clare's books, they are pretty formulaic... This series has love triangle issues like her Mortal Instruments series, and a few other YA paranormal series I can think of. But still fun to read! 

A book is a loaded gun in the house next door... Who knows who might be the target of the well-read man? ~ Ray Bradbury, Fahrenheit 451
Frequent Contributor
0198lilly

The Bitter Seed of Magic (Spellcrackers Series #3)  Just finished Suzanne McLeod A Bitter Seed of Magic-I like all the different species descriptions in it.

Just started Wicked Circle by Linda Robertson-not far enough into it to know how good it is, but I liked all the others in the series.

Not sure whats next in TBR pile-theres so many. I try to keep up with ongoing series and fit new/old reads inbetween.

Frequent Contributor
Katie983

Envy (Fallen Angels Series #3) 

Crossroads (Anna Strong Series #7) 

Ripple    Here's what I just finished, what I'm currently reading and what I'm going to read next:

“When I was your age, television was called books.”
― William Goldman, The Princess Bride

"There is no mistaking a real book when one meets it. It's like falling in love." -- Christopher Morley
Distinguished Wordsmith
angelcloud529

ThirstyFlea wrote:

angelcloud529 wrote:

Currently reading:

I just started this last night- I forgot it came out! Super sad it's the last, and unfortunately I read a review somewhere that the ending is terrible, which I'm dreading anyway. We'll see! Let me know what you think!

I plowed through Clockwork Prince (Infernal Devices Series #2)  over the holiday, and loved it! And while I love Cassandra Clare's books, they are pretty formulaic... This series has love triangle issues like her Mortal Instruments series, and a few other YA paranormal series I can think of. But still fun to read! 

ThirstyFlea! I really enjoyed Shadow Heir and it had a couple surprises I did not see coming...but you are correct the ending made me want to throw my kindle!  I want a book #5 or a spin off!

Scribe
SciFiCanuck

angelcloud529 wrote:

ThirstyFlea wrote:

angelcloud529 wrote:

Currently reading:

ThirstyFlea! I really enjoyed Shadow Heir and it had a couple surprises I did not see coming...but you are correct the ending made me want to throw my kindle!  I want a book #5 or a spin off!

Well crappy, that doesn't sound good...I'm still trying to get Shadow Heir.  Only one book store has it so far.  Next up for me is The Mortal Bone!  :-D

Then I'm onto...  the next Sabina Kane!

So how was Christmas for everyone??  It's been way to quiet around here lately..  :-(

I got a couple of giftcards to spend for our local bookstores, woohoo!  And my daughter and ma got me an Amazon Kindle!  :-) 

Distinguished Wordsmith
angelcloud529

[ Edited ]

SciFiCanuck wrote:

angelcloud529 wrote:

ThirstyFlea wrote:

angelcloud529 wrote:

Currently reading:

Well crappy, that doesn't sound good...I'm still trying to get Shadow Heir.  Only one book store has it so far.  Next up for me is The Mortal Bone!  :-D

Then I'm onto...  the next Sabina Kane!

So how was Christmas for everyone??  It's been way to quiet around here lately..  :-(

I got a couple of giftcards to spend for our local bookstores, woohoo!  And my daughter and ma got me an Amazon Kindle!  :-) 

SciFi ~ I can't wait until Silver Tongued Devil comes out!  I am reading The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo until it comes out. 

Also - I don't want to put you off on Shadow Heir, it is DEFINATELY worth the read!  I loved the book up until the end.  I read the last line and clicked my "next page" button on the Kindle and that was it... I almost cried -- out of frustration.  I think she set it up for a new series or something.  Its not a cliff hanger just an ending.  Aaaarrrgh. 

Distinguished Wordsmith
jgmme

SciFiCanuck wrote 

We had a very merry Christmas here. All my friends and family finally listened to me this year and they all got me gift cards from B&N!!!!! Even my husband took the money he was going to spend on me and just put it all on a gift card, I was so happy you would have thought he gave me the crown jewels! I am going to have fun spending them all this year, it was the best Christmas ever!!!!

I think you are really going to like your e-reader. I have a nook and love it.

Jo

shhhhh....I'm reading.
Inspired Wordsmith
kimba88
0 Kudos

paulgoatallen

Great cover art!

Shatter Me
"There never can be a man so lost as one who is lost in the vast and intricate corridors of his own lonely mind, where none may reach and none may save..." – Isaac Asimov, Pebble in the Sky
Inspired Wordsmith
kimba88
0 Kudos

Scribe
SciFiCanuck
0 Kudos

jgmme wrote:
SciFiCanuck wrote 

We had a very merry Christmas here. All my friends and family finally listened to me this year and they all got me gift cards from B&N!!!!! Even my husband took the money he was going to spend on me and just put it all on a gift card, I was so happy you would have thought he gave me the crown jewels! I am going to have fun spending them all this year, it was the best Christmas ever!!!!

I think you are really going to like your e-reader. I have a nook and love it.

Wow, nice!  :-)  I've almost spent all of mine, LOL!  I purchased 4 books for my Kindle already...I got Sandmand Slim for $1.09!!!  :-D

Now I'm going to say Happy New Year everyone!!!  Even though it's a little early....