Since 1997, you’ve been coming to BarnesandNoble.com to discuss everything from Stephen King to writing to Harry Potter. You’ve made our site more than a place to discover your next book: you’ve made it a community. But like all things internet, BN.com is growing and changing. We've said goodbye to our community message boards—but that doesn’t mean we won’t still be a place for adventurous readers to connect and discover.

Now, you can explore the most exciting new titles (and remember the classics) at the Barnes & Noble Book Blog. Check out conversations with authors like Jeff VanderMeer and Gary Shteyngart at the B&N Review, and browse write-ups of the best in literary fiction. Come to our Facebook page to weigh in on what it means to be a book nerd. Browse digital deals on the NOOK blog, tweet about books with us,or self-publish your latest novella with NOOK Press. And for those of you looking for support for your NOOK, the NOOK Support Forums will still be here.

We will continue to provide you with books that make you turn pages well past midnight, discover new worlds, and reunite with old friends. And we hope that you’ll continue to tell us how you’re doing, what you’re reading, and what books mean to you.

Wordsmith
3monstersmom

Re: What are you currently reading?

SciFiCanuck wrote:

3monstersmom wrote:

I'll be honest here and admit that I got Skyrim (awesome - I'm geeking out right now on this) and B&N gift cards for Christmas, so knowing me I'll buy books all month long but get very little reading done unless it's the Skyrim strategy guide.  Eventually the spawn will get mad and retake the living room and I'll go back to reading.  Until then my life consist of yelling "Die Dragon, Die!" and bragging about my level rating to strangers.

LMAO, nice!  My daughter is 23 and addicted to her games...she has a PS3, a Nintendo Wii a PSP and 3DS... Sheesh!  LOL

LOL.   I have three boys so as you can imagine video games are common in our house.  They have the x-box, Wii, i-pods, laptops, and they each just recieved the 3DS for Christmas.   I saw a book at B&N called Goodnight I-Pad it's a modern day spoof on Goodnight Moon.  Take a look at it sometime, it was just like a night in my own home.

Distinguished Wordsmith
angelcloud529

3monstersmom wrote:

SciFiCanuck wrote:

3monstersmom wrote:

I'll be honest here and admit that I got Skyrim (awesome - I'm geeking out right now on this) and B&N gift cards for Christmas, so knowing me I'll buy books all month long but get very little reading done unless it's the Skyrim strategy guide.  Eventually the spawn will get mad and retake the living room and I'll go back to reading.  Until then my life consist of yelling "Die Dragon, Die!" and bragging about my level rating to strangers.

LMAO, nice!  My daughter is 23 and addicted to her games...she has a PS3, a Nintendo Wii a PSP and 3DS... Sheesh!  LOL

LOL.   I have three boys so as you can imagine video games are common in our house.  They have the x-box, Wii, i-pods, laptops, and they each just received the 3DS for Christmas.   I saw a book at B&N called Goodnight I-Pad it's a modern day spoof on Goodnight Moon.  Take a look at it sometime, it was just like a night in my own home.

OMG 3MM!!! I got skyrim too!!!!  I am putting off the strategy guide for now, but I don't think I can hold off for long cuz I am swamped!  I am also torn between Skyrim and books right now with all the new releases!!! :smileysad:

HELP! I've fallen and can't reach my book!!!!
Wordsmith
3monstersmom

angelcloud529 wrote:

LOL.   I have three boys so as you can imagine video games are common in our house.  They have the x-box, Wii, i-pods, laptops, and they each just received the 3DS for Christmas.   I saw a book at B&N called Goodnight I-Pad it's a modern day spoof on Goodnight Moon.  Take a look at it sometime, it was just like a night in my own home.

OMG 3MM!!! I got skyrim too!!!!  I am putting off the strategy guide for now, but I don't think I can hold off for long cuz I am swamped!  I am also torn between Skyrim and books right now with all the new releases!!! :smileysad:

SKYRIM IS AWESOME!!!   I want the strategy guide, but in the meantime I have been looking online.  You can use the Skyrim's free online guide.  Just google a name of a mission you are on with Skyrim Wiki at the end of it and it should pull up.  Angelcloud you said it, there are so many good releases that just came out, but Skyrim is just so....wonderful. 

Frequent Contributor
0198lilly

Raven Cursed (Jane Yellowrock Series #4)  Just finished Faith Hunter's Raven Cursed-really good too.  I enjoy her writing.

Reading Silver-Tongued Devil by Jaye Wells- Fun so far.Silver-Tongued Devil (Sabina Kane Series #4) 

Wordsmith
ThirstyFlea

A book is a loaded gun in the house next door... Who knows who might be the target of the well-read man? ~ Ray Bradbury, Fahrenheit 451
Scribe
SciFiCanuck

Just finished The Mortal Bone...it was FREAKING AWESOME!!  But I think it's the last one...  :-(

I'm reading Shadow Heir on my Kindle...and everyone has me worried about the ending!  :/

And I'm starting Silver-Tongued Devil tonight...WOOT!

My name is Teresa, and I'm a bookaholic
Current book(s): Labyrinth of Stars (Hunter Kiss #5) by Marjorie M. Liu
Just finished: The Undead Pool by Kim Harrison (The Hollows #12)
Distinguished Bibliophile
pen21

This is a great series. The pages just fly by. I love this author.

I know I have a few books to go in this series.

But each book needs to be savored a little.

An Artificial Night (October Daye Series #3)  

paulgoatallen

pen21 wrote:

Agreed.

"There never can be a man so lost as one who is lost in the vast and intricate corridors of his own lonely mind, where none may reach and none may save..." – Isaac Asimov, Pebble in the Sky
Scribe
SciFiCanuck

paulgoatallen wrote:

pen21 wrote:

Agreed.

And they keep getting better and better!  :-)

Inspired Wordsmith
kimba88

[ Edited ]
Frequent Contributor
Katie983
0 Kudos

Crossroads (Anna Strong Series #7) 

Ripple 

Bad Taste in Boys    Here's what I just finished, what I'm currently reading and what I'm reading next:

“When I was your age, television was called books.”
― William Goldman, The Princess Bride

"There is no mistaking a real book when one meets it. It's like falling in love." -- Christopher Morley
Distinguished Bibliophile
pen21
0 Kudos

I just finished The Radleys. Thank you Susan for recommending this one. This is a great vampire book about a family of vampires.

The Radleys  

Inspired Wordsmith
FaeryQueen

Happy New Year to everyone!  I took a little break from the boards, but I'm back...and with a slew of stuff I've read.  Mostly I've been rereading stuff, but I did put some new ones in the rotation....

Bodyguard  

I'm starting the new Jennifer Ashley book next, but she put out a not so short story about Ronan.  I liked it much better than the second book in the series.

Angel Town (Jill Kismet Series #6)  

I finally broke down a read the last Kismet book.  It was a nice ending to the series, but I will miss Jill and Saul.

A Taste of Midnight (A Midnight Breed Series Novella)  

This short story features Danika who we met in book 1.  It also has a sneak peak at the upcoming novel.

Primal Call  

A primes short story

Cast in Ruin  

This one is a fantasy series but it's excellent.

Spirit Bound (Sea Haven  

Book two in the this Sea Haven spin off series.  This one is much better than the first book.  She cut back on the repetative flowery descriptions.  I have a feeling that the remaining Prakenskii brothers will be the heros for this series.

Distinguished Wordsmith
jgmme

Just finished

Sins of the Demon

Great series, great book, can't wait to see what happens in the next book. If you have this series still sitting in your TBR pile I would urge you to read it soon.

next up will be

Jo

shhhhh....I'm reading.
Bibliophile
Melhay
0 Kudos

Lineage

I've really enjoyed this series, and the short stories the author adds a the back of the books.  There is so much more going on through this series than originally meets the eyes.  I like that in books. :smileyhappy:

The starts of the series is BLOODLINES, then the second book HUNTER.

My Blog Spot: http://melissa-melsworld.blogspot.com/
Wordsmith
ThirstyFlea

As much as I was trying not to plow through this series, I'm not succeeding very well.... I don't know if I can hold off on book 5 after this one is done (probably today!)

Late Eclipses (October Daye Series #4)  

A book is a loaded gun in the house next door... Who knows who might be the target of the well-read man? ~ Ray Bradbury, Fahrenheit 451
Distinguished Wordsmith
jgmme

ThirstyFlea wrote:

As much as I was trying not to plow through this series, I'm not succeeding very well.... I don't know if I can hold off on book 5 after this one is done (probably today!)

Late Eclipses (October Daye Series #4)  

And book 5 was outstanding!! You are going to love it.

Jo

shhhhh....I'm reading.
Inspired Contributor
dragonchica
0 Kudos

Wow!!! It's been over a year since I've posted on this thread, it's awesome to see that it's still going strong!!! Anywho, to jump right in I guess, I'm re-reading the first book in Richelle Mead's Storm Born series and working my way through all 4. Do you all like them? Just curious, but I'm going to search through these threads and find answers anyway lol!!! Hope everyone is still doing well!!!

http://www.flickr.com/photos/dragonchica/
Wordsmith
PhyllisJ

dragonchica wrote 

Wow!!! It's been over a year since I've posted on this thread, it's awesome to see that it's still going strong!!! Anywho, to jump right in I guess, I'm re-reading the first book in Richelle Mead's Storm Born series and working my way through all 4. Do you all like them? Just curious, but I'm going to search through these threads and find answers anyway lol!!! Hope everyone is still doing well!!!

Hi dragonchica,

Welcome back and Happy New Year.  I like the Storm Born Series.  Have fun reading it.  I just finished Mercy Blade and Secrets of the Demons.  I am about to start either Raven Cursed or an older title from my TBR pile from last year.

Phyllis
Scribe
SciFiCanuck
0 Kudos

PhyllisJ wrote:

dragonchica wrote 

Hi dragonchica,

Welcome back and Happy New Year.  I like the Storm Born Series.  Have fun reading it.  I just finished Mercy Blade and Secrets of the Demons.  I am about to start either Raven Cursed or an older title from my TBR pile from last year.

Phyllis!!  ~waves~

How's it going?  Long time no hear! 

I think I need do what you are doing and grab an older title from my TBR pile...read a new one, read and old one....etc.  :-)  I keep staring at my book shelf going, how long am I going to keep this series and NOT read it?  LOL  I'm just finishing Shadow Heir...it's been excellent!  My mom and I were at the bookstore yesterday and I bought 6 more books, LOL!  I'm hoping to find Raven Cursed soon...it's the only one I have not been able to find yet.  Doh!  I do have and Amazon Kindle now (Christmas present!), and am buying the larger & new novels in the e-version instead of taking up more room.  If I already have the paperback of the series I am sticking to the paper backs.  Hopefully eventually I will only be buying ebooks, LOL!