Since 1997, you’ve been coming to BarnesandNoble.com to discuss everything from Stephen King to writing to Harry Potter. You’ve made our site more than a place to discover your next book: you’ve made it a community. But like all things internet, BN.com is growing and changing. We've said goodbye to our community message boards—but that doesn’t mean we won’t still be a place for adventurous readers to connect and discover.

Now, you can explore the most exciting new titles (and remember the classics) at the Barnes & Noble Book Blog. Check out conversations with authors like Jeff VanderMeer and Gary Shteyngart at the B&N Review, and browse write-ups of the best in literary fiction. Come to our Facebook page to weigh in on what it means to be a book nerd. Browse digital deals on the NOOK blog, tweet about books with us,or self-publish your latest novella with NOOK Press. And for those of you looking for support for your NOOK, the NOOK Support Forums will still be here.

We will continue to provide you with books that make you turn pages well past midnight, discover new worlds, and reunite with old friends. And we hope that you’ll continue to tell us how you’re doing, what you’re reading, and what books mean to you.

Distinguished Wordsmith
angelcloud529
0 Kudos

Re: What are you currently reading?

Fang, ok I am gonna try Discount again... I am not going to punish a book just because I am in a reading funk! :smileyhappy: 

just finished: 

Once Dead, Twice Shy (Madison Avery Series #1)  

ok, like I said I am in a reading funk! I didn't like this one either. However, I am a Rachel Morgan fan thru and thru... I think that's what my problem was here. I expected that kind of writing and couldn't get away from the YA of this one. I did like the concept and I liked her sidekicks! :smileyhappy: I will continue the series and leave the Hollows to Rachel! 

I am currently reading

Fourth Grave Beneath My Feet  

this one should be a no brainer... Charley is a fave of mine!!!

HELP! I've fallen and can't reach my book!!!!
Frequent Contributor
Katie983
0 Kudos

Here's what I just finished, what I'm currently reading, and what I plan to read next:

Silver  

Warm Bodies  

Railsea  

“When I was your age, television was called books.”
― William Goldman, The Princess Bride

"There is no mistaking a real book when one meets it. It's like falling in love." -- Christopher Morley
paulgoatallen
0 Kudos

Katie983 wrote:

Here's what I just finished, what I'm currently reading, and what I plan to read next:

Silver  

Warm Bodies  

Railsea  

Railsea was AWESOME. Just an unforgettable book – kind of weird that they marketed it as a kid's book. It will blow away anyone who reads it, regardless of age...

"There never can be a man so lost as one who is lost in the vast and intricate corridors of his own lonely mind, where none may reach and none may save..." – Isaac Asimov, Pebble in the Sky
Inspired Bibliophile
Vermontcozy
0 Kudos

Thanks to both of you.I added Railsea TBR...Read about it..Wish The Publishers would Listen to Readers...YA...Adult...They lose readers IMO...Who do not read YA...Some have crossed over to Represent Both..
Kindness,I've discovered,is everything in life...Issac Bashevis Singer
paulgoatallen
0 Kudos

Vermontcozy wrote:
Thanks to both of you.I added Railsea TBR...Read about it..Wish The Publishers would Listen to Readers...YA...Adult...They lose readers IMO...Who do not read YA...Some have crossed over to Represent Both..

Absolutely right! Too many categories and classifications – and, yes, the "kid" stamp most definitely affected sales of this book.

"There never can be a man so lost as one who is lost in the vast and intricate corridors of his own lonely mind, where none may reach and none may save..." – Isaac Asimov, Pebble in the Sky
Distinguished Wordsmith
angelcloud529

Just finished:

Fourth Grave Beneath My Feet

This latest installment of Charley Davidson was awesome! I love the humor in this series... Just what I needed to get me out of my reading funk.

Up next:

Ever After (Rachel Morgan Series #11)  

I can't wait!!!!!

Distinguished Wordsmith
angelcloud529
0 Kudos

Discount Armageddon (InCryptid Series #1)  

Ok so I started reading this one again while I am waiting for Ever After to get here... I must say I am glad I listened and picked it up again.  I am definately hooked now. I don't know what did it, but a little before midway it got really interesting!  :smileywink:

The two main characters are developing more as well.

Frequent Contributor
Katie983
0 Kudos

Strange! I work at a B&N and we have it in our Teen Fantasy & Adventure section.

"There is no mistaking a real book when one meets it. It's like falling in love." -- Christopher Morley
Frequent Contributor
Katie983
0 Kudos

Here's what I just finished, what I'm currently reading and what I plan to read next:

Warm Bodies  

Railsea  

God Save the Queen (Immortal Empire Series #1)  

Distinguished Wordsmith
angelcloud529

So I finished Discount Armageddon and I really enjoyed it! I'm glad I stuck with it.
Now if only my Ever After would get here!!!
Scribe
SciFiCanuck
0 Kudos

Katie983 wrote:

Here's what I just finished, what I'm currently reading and what I plan to read next:

Warm Bodies  

Railsea  

God Save the Queen (Immortal Empire Series #1)  

How is the Warm Bodies book??  The movie looks really good and funny.  :-)  Definitely going to see it!!

My name is Teresa, and I'm a bookaholic
Current book(s): Labyrinth of Stars (Hunter Kiss #5) by Marjorie M. Liu
Just finished: The Undead Pool by Kim Harrison (The Hollows #12)
Distinguished Wordsmith
angelcloud529

Finally reading 

Halfway to the Grave (Night Huntress Series #1)  

i am still impatiently waiting for my copy of Ever After to get here so I  figured I would finally give thise series a go... I like it so far. 

I am starting to wonder if they sent my copy of Ever After thru media mail!!! Grrrrr

Scribe
SciFiCanuck

angelcloud529 wrote:

Finally reading 

Halfway to the Grave (Night Huntress Series #1)  

i am still impatiently waiting for my copy of Ever After to get here so I  figured I would finally give thise series a go... I like it so far. 

I am starting to wonder if they sent my copy of Ever After thru media mail!!! Grrrrr

Oooooh great series!!  Cat and Bones are one of my favorites!  Enjoy!!

Distinguished Correspondent
Fangbanger

Angel, I'm so glad that you re-read Discount Armageddon and enjoyed it!!  Yay!!  I'm pretty excited about the follow up.  I'm working on getting Beautiful Creatures finished, because on Monday, I should FINALLY have my copy of 

Ever After (Rachel Morgan Series #11)!!!!!!  I'm so freaking excited, I can't stand it.

paulgoatallen

[ Edited ]

Fangbanger wrote:

Angel, I'm so glad that you re-read Discount Armageddon and enjoyed it!!  Yay!!  I'm pretty excited about the follow up.  I'm working on getting Beautiful Creatures finished, because on Monday, I should FINALLY have my copy of 

Ever After (Rachel Morgan Series #11)!!!!!!  I'm so freaking excited, I can't stand it.

Just finished Ever After, Fangbanger..... um, wow.

Fangbanger
0 Kudos

Oh man, Paul.  I'm not sure how to take that.  Is that a good oh or a bad oh?  Haha.

paulgoatallen
0 Kudos

Fangbanger wrote:

Oh man, Paul.  I'm not sure how to take that.  Is that a good oh or a bad oh?  Haha.

Here!

http://bookclubs.barnesandnoble.com/t5/Explorations-The-BN-SciFi-and/Happily-Ever-After-With-Only-Tw...

Bibliophile
Melhay
0 Kudos

I picked this one up late Saturday night, and spent most of the day Sunday reading it.  At this moment I'm 1/2 way through!  LOL.  I am enjoying the troubles the characters are in here.  Feels like they are all hitting bottom. :smileywink:

Wrayth (Book of the Order Series #3)  

My Blog Spot: http://melissa-melsworld.blogspot.com/
Scribe
SciFiCanuck

My copy of Ever After is on the way...should have it by WEDNESDAY!!  :-D  In the meantim I've started this one...had it for a while now.  Love Kitty Norville.  :-)

Fangbanger

Finally, starting Ever After!!  Great reivew, Paul.  I'm more excited to read it, which I didn't think was possible.

Ever After (Rachel Morgan Series #11)