Since 1997, you’ve been coming to BarnesandNoble.com to discuss everything from Stephen King to writing to Harry Potter. You’ve made our site more than a place to discover your next book: you’ve made it a community. But like all things internet, BN.com is growing and changing. We've said goodbye to our community message boards—but that doesn’t mean we won’t still be a place for adventurous readers to connect and discover.

Now, you can explore the most exciting new titles (and remember the classics) at the Barnes & Noble Book Blog. Check out conversations with authors like Jeff VanderMeer and Gary Shteyngart at the B&N Review, and browse write-ups of the best in literary fiction. Come to our Facebook page to weigh in on what it means to be a book nerd. Browse digital deals on the NOOK blog, tweet about books with us,or self-publish your latest novella with NOOK Press. And for those of you looking for support for your NOOK, the NOOK Support Forums will still be here.

We will continue to provide you with books that make you turn pages well past midnight, discover new worlds, and reunite with old friends. And we hope that you’ll continue to tell us how you’re doing, what you’re reading, and what books mean to you.

Distinguished Correspondent
Fangbanger

Re: What are you currently reading?

I just finished 

Grave Memory (Alex Craft Series #3).  I can't get enough of this series.  I love Alex and I loved this books focus on Death and the Collectors.  I also loved the ending.  Man, it makes  you want to start reading the next one immediately.  Also, can we get a Briar Darque spin off series?

Now, I'm reading

Gunmetal Magic.  I love the character of Andrea and I'm enjoying this little detour in the world of Kate Daniels.  It's cool to get another perspective on the same world and learn a little bit more about how the bouda clan works.  I think the structure is really unique from a lot of other werepacks in other series. 

After I finish this, I'm planning on finally reading

Blue-Blooded Vamp (Sabina Kane Series #5).  I'll be sad to see Sabina go, but I'm excited to see what Jaye Wells has up her sleeve next.      

Scribe
SciFiCanuck

Fangbanger wrote:

I just finished 

Grave Memory (Alex Craft Series #3).  I can't get enough of this series.  I love Alex and I loved this books focus on Death and the Collectors.  I also loved the ending.  Man, it makes  you want to start reading the next one immediately.  Also, can we get a Briar Darque spin off series?

Now, I'm reading

Gunmetal Magic.  I love the character of Andrea and I'm enjoying this little detour in the world of Kate Daniels.  It's cool to get another perspective on the same world and learn a little bit more about how the bouda clan works.  I think the structure is really unique from a lot of other werepacks in other series. 

After I finish this, I'm planning on finally reading

Blue-Blooded Vamp (Sabina Kane Series #5).  I'll be sad to see Sabina go, but I'm excited to see what Jaye Wells has up her sleeve next.      

This is what she has up her sleeve!  :-D  AND it's out already!!!  Definitely sounds like another great series by Jaye.  :-)

Meridian Six

Meridian Six remembers the days before the Troika enslaved humans. She also remembers her mother, a freedom fighter murdered in the final battle between humans and vampires. But it is her mother's final words that have haunted her:

Red means life.

In the years since her mother's death, she has been used as both a propaganda tool and a blood slave by the Troika. She's withstood their indignities because the alternative meant bleeding out in a blood camp. But their abuses finally go too far, and she decides to run towards freedom and her mother's red light.

On the other side, she finds the Sisters of Crimson. They help her just as her mother promised, but they also hand her to the human rebels. The vampires used her famous name to keep human slaves biddable, but now the humans want to use it inspire a revolution.

When the world is at war, freedom is a luxury paid for with blood.

My name is Teresa, and I'm a bookaholic
Current book(s): Labyrinth of Stars (Hunter Kiss #5) by Marjorie M. Liu
Just finished: The Undead Pool by Kim Harrison (The Hollows #12)
Fangbanger
0 Kudos

That is awesome SciFi.  I will definitely have to check it out.  It sounds awesome.  She also has this coming out in January.  It looks like it's the start of a new series.

Dirty Magic  

Frequent Contributor
Katie983
0 Kudos

Just finished Stormdancer. I admit, it was slow to start at first, but things really picked up halfway through. Definitely a must read for those who love steampunk! Here's what I'm reading now and what I plan to read next:

Black Fallen  

Dearly, Beloved  

“When I was your age, television was called books.”
― William Goldman, The Princess Bride

"There is no mistaking a real book when one meets it. It's like falling in love." -- Christopher Morley
Distinguished Bibliophile
pen21
0 Kudos

Midnight Blue-Light Special was so good!

Verity and friends give me a new impression on what monster is.

Midnight Blue-Light Special (Incryptid Series #2)  

Frequent Contributor
Katie983
0 Kudos

Just finished:

Black Fallen  

"There is no mistaking a real book when one meets it. It's like falling in love." -- Christopher Morley
Frequent Contributor
Katie983
0 Kudos

Now reading:

Dearly, Beloved  

Scribe
SciFiCanuck
0 Kudos

Fangbanger wrote:

That is awesome SciFi.  I will definitely have to check it out.  It sounds awesome.  She also has this coming out in January.  It looks like it's the start of a new series.

Dirty Magic  

Yeah it sounds like Meridian Six is an ebook, short story....but I have a feeling it's the start to something else.  :-)

Frequent Contributor
Katie983

Dearly, Beloved  

Inferno  

Affliction (Anita Blake Vampire Hunter Series #22)  Here's what I just finished, what I'm currently reading and what I plan to read next:

pen21
0 Kudos

Katie983 wrote:

Dearly, Beloved  

Inferno  

Affliction (Anita Blake Vampire Hunter Series #22)  Here's what I just finished, what I'm currently reading and what I plan to read next:

What did you think of Inferno? Also I would like to  know about Affliction. I am working my way through that series, but I have a ways to go.

Fangbanger
0 Kudos

So, I finished 

Gunmetal Magic and it was amazing!  I love Andrea and her relationship with Raphael.  I loved the novella at the end.  I'm really hoping that we get another novel featuring Andrea as the lead.

I moved on to 

Blue-Blooded Vamp (Sabina Kane Series #5).  I love Sabina so much and I'm sad to see this series end.  That is probably why I have waited so long to read this.

Once I finish, I plan on reading 

Affliction.  Wow, I can't believe this is the 20th Anita Blake book.  I'm planning on saving this and reading it when I leave for San Diego on the 13th.  I need something to do in the long lines at Comic Con!

Frequent Contributor
Katie983
0 Kudos

Inferno  

Affliction (Anita Blake Vampire Hunter Series #22)  

White Trash Zombie Apocalypse  Here's what I just finished, what I'm reading now, and what I plan to read next:

Inspired Contributor
havenwynters
0 Kudos

The Summoning (Darkest Powers Series #1)  

Ok, after a long time of passing this series by, I decided to read it.  I'm hooked.

Reader 2
Therecanbeonlyonepenname

[ Edited ]

Finished in less than 24 hours. I wish I could have made it last longer. It was sooo dang good. Can't wait for #6!

Urg. Won't let me post the book image.

Frequent Contributor
Katie983
0 Kudos

Here's what I just finished, what I'm currently reading and what I plan to read next:

Affliction (Anita Blake Vampire Hunter Series #22)  

White Trash Zombie Apocalypse  

Vortex  

pen21

Love this series! I will keep reading them.

Burnt Offerings (Anita Blake Vampire Hunter Series #7)  

Scribe
SciFiCanuck
0 Kudos

Just finished up the latest Sylvia Day book...it was excellent!  :-)  Now onto book 2 of Keri Arthur's Dark Angels series, Darkness Rising.  Waiting on my copy of Affliction to arrive...can't wait!!!

Frequent Contributor
Katie983
0 Kudos

Here's what I just finished, what I'm currently reading, and what I plan to read next:

White Trash Zombie Apocalypse  

Vortex  

Days of Blood and Starlight  

Frequent Contributor
Katie983
0 Kudos

Here's what I just finished, what I'm currently reading and what I plan to read next:

Vortex  

Days of Blood and Starlight  

The Girl Who Fell Beneath Fairyland and Led the Revels There  

Reader 2
Therecanbeonlyonepenname
0 Kudos