Since 1997, you’ve been coming to BarnesandNoble.com to discuss everything from Stephen King to writing to Harry Potter. You’ve made our site more than a place to discover your next book: you’ve made it a community. But like all things internet, BN.com is growing and changing. We've said goodbye to our community message boards—but that doesn’t mean we won’t still be a place for adventurous readers to connect and discover.

Now, you can explore the most exciting new titles (and remember the classics) at the Barnes & Noble Book Blog. Check out conversations with authors like Jeff VanderMeer and Gary Shteyngart at the B&N Review, and browse write-ups of the best in literary fiction. Come to our Facebook page to weigh in on what it means to be a book nerd. Browse digital deals on the NOOK blog, tweet about books with us,or self-publish your latest novella with NOOK Press. And for those of you looking for support for your NOOK, the NOOK Support Forums will still be here.

We will continue to provide you with books that make you turn pages well past midnight, discover new worlds, and reunite with old friends. And we hope that you’ll continue to tell us how you’re doing, what you’re reading, and what books mean to you.

Bibliophile
Melhay

Re: What are you currently reading?

SciFiCanuck wrote:

Melhay wrote:

I just finished last night:

Gaming for Keeps  

It's not *really* Paranormal. It's geek girl gamer at a con who meets the online gamer guy she's talked to, with a splash of trouble and danger. Sexy little novella read and so much fun.

Now I'm on to doing a Dante Valentine read-a-thon this month. Starting with:

Working for the Devil (Dante Valentine Series #1)  

The Dante Valentine series is a GOOD ONE!!  Happy reading!!

Thank you SciFiCanuck. I wish time would allow for more reading time. Seems my reading time has been cut these days. I'm almost done with Working for the Devil. Can't wait to get into the next one too. (I'm doing a read-along with a few friends on this one).

THank you!

My Blog Spot: http://melissa-melsworld.blogspot.com/
Frequent Contributor
Katie983
0 Kudos

Here's what I just finished, what I'm currently reading, and what I plan to read next:

The Madness Underneath (Shades of London Series #2)  

The Diviners  

The Coldest War  

“When I was your age, television was called books.”
― William Goldman, The Princess Bride

"There is no mistaking a real book when one meets it. It's like falling in love." -- Christopher Morley
Scribe
SciFiCanuck

Melhay wrote:

SciFiCanuck wrote:

Melhay wrote:

I just finished last night:

Gaming for Keeps  

It's not *really* Paranormal. It's geek girl gamer at a con who meets the online gamer guy she's talked to, with a splash of trouble and danger. Sexy little novella read and so much fun.

Now I'm on to doing a Dante Valentine read-a-thon this month. Starting with:

Working for the Devil (Dante Valentine Series #1)  

The Dante Valentine series is a GOOD ONE!!  Happy reading!!

Thank you SciFiCanuck. I wish time would allow for more reading time. Seems my reading time has been cut these days. I'm almost done with Working for the Devil. Can't wait to get into the next one too. (I'm doing a read-along with a few friends on this one).

THank you!

Hah!  I'm in the same boat.  Used to read one book a week, now I'm lucky to read one a month.  Booooooo.  :smileysad:    I still have the whole Jill Kismet seriest on my shelf and I've yet to read.  Doh!

Teresa

My name is Teresa, and I'm a bookaholic
Current book(s): Labyrinth of Stars (Hunter Kiss #5) by Marjorie M. Liu
Just finished: The Undead Pool by Kim Harrison (The Hollows #12)
Inspired Wordsmith
MADIS

SciFiCanuck wrote:

I still have the whole Jill Kismet seriest on my shelf and I've yet to read.  Doh!

I am not the only one!!! I have all the Jill Kismet series on my shelf and still unread too!  At least I am not alone in my shame.

Bibliophile
Melhay
0 Kudos

Currently I'm listening to a free read. It'll only be free for a short time, so you all NEED to go listen!

The Shambling Guide to New York City  

Mur is a hoot to listen too! It'll be a free listen for about...another month? Then it'll be down. 

You can find it on iTunes or on Mur's site in MP3 format. I'm TOTALLY buying the print version of this one, and I'm only 3 chapters in. :smileyvery-happy:

Scribe
SciFiCanuck

MADIS wrote:

SciFiCanuck wrote:

I still have the whole Jill Kismet seriest on my shelf and I've yet to read.  Doh!

I am not the only one!!! I have all the Jill Kismet series on my shelf and still unread too!  At least I am not alone in my shame.

LMAO awesome!

My name is Teresa, and I'm a bookaholic
Current book(s): Labyrinth of Stars (Hunter Kiss #5) by Marjorie M. Liu
Just finished: The Undead Pool by Kim Harrison (The Hollows #12)
Distinguished Bibliophile
pen21
0 Kudos

I finished Chimes at Midnight. I had really missed this series. Seven books already and I hope there will be a lot more.

NOS4A2 was a really good October read. Hill is one of the best horror authors I read.

And like several have said here, my reading has slowed down and my shelves are filling up with unread books.

Chimes at Midnight (October Daye Series #7)  

NOS4A2  

Bibliophile
Melhay
0 Kudos

SciFiCanuck wrote:

MADIS wrote:

SciFiCanuck wrote:

LMAO awesome!

Oh no MADIS, you are very much not alone. LOL! 

Frequent Contributor
Katie983
0 Kudos

Here's what I just finished, what I'm currently reading and what I plan to read next:

The Diviners  

The Coldest War  

Necessary Evil  

"There is no mistaking a real book when one meets it. It's like falling in love." -- Christopher Morley
pen21
0 Kudos

I just finished Parasite by Mira Grant. It was unbelievable. It really left me ready for the next book. One of her best works. I was anxiously waiting for this book and I was not disappointed. She also writes as Seanan McGuire, the October Daye series.

Parasite  

Frequent Contributor
Katie983
0 Kudos

Necessary Evil  

The Gate Thief  

Trust Your Eyes  Here's what I just finished, what I'm currently reading, and what I plan to read next:

dhaupt
0 Kudos

Pen: 

Parasite   been in my pile for a while and it's getting rave reviews thanks for one I truly believe it's going to the top now

Katie: I Loved Ian Tregillis' Milkweed series and he's got a new stand alone coming out in January that will blow your socks off

Something More Than Night  

Frequent Contributor
Katie983
0 Kudos

The Gate Thief  

Trust Your Eyes  

Dark Inside  Here's what I just finished, what I'm currently reading and what I plan to read next:

Frequent Contributor
Katie983
0 Kudos

Trust Your Eyes  

Dark Inside  

Rage Within  Here's what I just finished, what I'm currently reading and what I plan to read next:

Bibliophile
Melhay
0 Kudos

I'm busy with audiobooks/podcasts along with reading.

Currently...

Listening to this superheroes braided story (the first one as there are 6 seasons) by Mercedes Lackey & Steve Libbey

Invasion  

Then I'm reading a great mix from Philippa Ballantine set with the fey, and digital...

Digital Magic  

Bibliophile
Melhay

Currently had to dive back into Sabina Kane's work again. :smileyhappy:

Rusted Veins  

Bibliophile
Melhay
0 Kudos

My mind is so scattered this week, but I've started two amazing reads:

Ghost Train to New Orleans  

And

Dawn's Early Light  

It's sooo hard to switch between them, amazing books in different ways. :smileyhappy: But I'm enjoying them both now.

Inspired Wordsmith
MADIS
0 Kudos

It's here!  It's here!!!  And, I am in the middle of 2 other books!  Guess it is going to be 3 now!

The Undead Pool (Rachel Morgan Series #12)  

pen21
0 Kudos

I read Dirty Magic by Jaye Wells and loved it. It was very well done. And I now understand why everyone recommended Wells. I have Red-Headed Stepchild to start soon.

Dirty Magic  

Red-Headed Stepchild (Sabina Kane Series #1)  

Bibliophile
Melhay

pen21 wrote:

I read Dirty Magic by Jaye Wells and loved it. It was very well done. And I now understand why everyone recommended Wells. I have Red-Headed Stepchild to start soon.

Dirty Magic  

Red-Headed Stepchild (Sabina Kane Series #1)  

I really loved the Sabina Kane series. Sabina is one tough chick, but awesome! I have Dirty Magic here to start yet. I need to find time! :smileyhappy: 

Hope you enjoy Pen!