Since 1997, you’ve been coming to BarnesandNoble.com to discuss everything from Stephen King to writing to Harry Potter. You’ve made our site more than a place to discover your next book: you’ve made it a community. But like all things internet, BN.com is growing and changing. We've said goodbye to our community message boards—but that doesn’t mean we won’t still be a place for adventurous readers to connect and discover.

Now, you can explore the most exciting new titles (and remember the classics) at the Barnes & Noble Book Blog. Check out conversations with authors like Jeff VanderMeer and Gary Shteyngart at the B&N Review, and browse write-ups of the best in literary fiction. Come to our Facebook page to weigh in on what it means to be a book nerd. Browse digital deals on the NOOK blog, tweet about books with us,or self-publish your latest novella with NOOK Press. And for those of you looking for support for your NOOK, the NOOK Support Forums will still be here.

We will continue to provide you with books that make you turn pages well past midnight, discover new worlds, and reunite with old friends. And we hope that you’ll continue to tell us how you’re doing, what you’re reading, and what books mean to you.

Inspired Contributor
dragonchica

What are you currently reading?

Just wondering what everyone is working on.  I'm just starting Dancing with Werewolves by Carole Nelson Douglas, just finished the whole Vampire Kisses YA series by Ellen Schreiber (had to do a review.)  And next on my TBR list is New Amsterdam by Elizabeth Bear. 
http://www.flickr.com/photos/dragonchica/
Frequent Contributor
Laura_Stamps

Re: What are you currently reading?

I just finished Emma Holly's demon series, including all the novels and all the novellas published in various anthologies.  Totally awesome, especially the most recent novel in the series Demon's Fire.  This is a paranormal erotica series, so be warned it is HOT.  But it has moved to first place as my fav paranormal series.

Next I will be starting Susan Sizemore's Primes series.  I've heard a lot about it, so I am looking forward to it.
Laura Stamps
Author of Paranormal Romance and Erotica Novels
http://www.LauraStamps.blogspot.com (to read excerpts from my novel series)
dhaupt
0 Kudos

I just finished J R Ward's Lover Eternal it's the second in her Black Dagger Brotherhood series. I really like her and have the book clubs here to thank for discovering her. I can't wait to read Z's story.
Inspired Bibliophile
Nelsmom
0 Kudos

I am reading Keri Arthur's Reily Jensen, Guardian series as well as finish Shield Of The Sky by Susan Krinard.

Toni
Toni L. Chapman
Everyone needs some Tender Loving Care
Scribe
SciFiCanuck

Cerulean Sins by Laurell K. Hamilton baby!  :smileyhappy:  LOVE this series!!

Teresa
My name is Teresa, and I'm a bookaholic
Current book(s): Labyrinth of Stars (Hunter Kiss #5) by Marjorie M. Liu
Just finished: The Undead Pool by Kim Harrison (The Hollows #12)
Wordsmith
Chomp

Blood and Chocolate by Annette Curtis Klause. It's great!

Carol
So many books, so little time...
New User
BabyB

Hi i'm reading the Dark Series collection by Chrisitne Feehan, they are great. Talks about the Carpathian Males.:smileytongue:
Wordsmith
PhyllisJ
0 Kudos

[ Edited ]
I'm reading House of Cards by C.E. Murphy.  It is the sequel to Heart of Stone.

Message Edited by PhyllisJ on 04-21-2008 12:42 PM
Phyllis
Inspired Wordsmith
LordRuthven

Chomp wrote:

Great novel. Not as "unique" as it once was, but definitely a book worth reading for those interested in the development of the werewolf genre.

FWIW, I am currently reading Raven Hart's "The Vampire's Secret."
Derek Tatum
Inspired Contributor
dragonchica
0 Kudos

LordRuthven, how do you like the Savannah Vampire series, I was thinking of checking it out, but I'm not sure.  It has a lot of mixed reviews.
Inspired Wordsmith
LordRuthven
0 Kudos

So far I like it in many ways (reasons outlined above notwithstanding). I think it ultimately depends on your personal taste in vampire fiction.
Derek Tatum
Inspired Contributor
dragonchica
0 Kudos

Sorry, it seems like a silly question, now that I realize you already have a whole thread for it.  But I've decided to give them a try.
Frequent Contributor
Lynnn36

Just finished Small Favors by Jim Butcher and Frostbite by Richelle Mead...loved them both!..next up..Karen Chance's latest and then I promised the first son that I'd delve into George R.R. Martin's A Game of Thrones.  

Lynn
Inspired Wordsmith
LordRuthven
0 Kudos

dragonchica wrote:
Sorry, it seems like a silly question, now that I realize you already have a whole thread for it.  But I've decided to give them a try.

I was so oblivious I mistakenly thought this was the thread I had started...but yep, my thoughts are outlined over there.
Derek Tatum
Wordsmith
Chomp

LordRuthven wrote:

Chomp wrote:

Great novel. Not as "unique" as it once was, but definitely a book worth reading for those interested in the development of the werewolf genre.

FWIW, I am currently reading Raven Hart's "The Vampire's Secret."

I am reading B&C for a class project and am really enjoying it. Considering that it was written 11 years ago and for young adults, I think it is definitely significant. I need to go add this book to the "Before the Boom" thread. :smileyhappy:

I met Raven Hart at a library conference in the Fall, and got signed copies of her first two books. I am even more intrigued now after reading the comments.

Carol
So many books, so little time...
Frequent Contributor
Cemetery-Cat
0 Kudos

dragonchica wrote:
Just wondering what everyone is working on.  I'm just starting Dancing with Werewolves by Carole Nelson Douglas, just finished the whole Vampire Kisses YA series by Ellen Schreiber (had to do a review.)  And next on my TBR list is New Amsterdam by Elizabeth Bear. 

I just finished Night Life by Cailtin Kittredge(our MAY AUTHOR!!!) and am now reading Small Favor by Jim Butcher.
If you haven't checked out Caitlin's book..it's a must have.. Hey Derek shout out to you.. I think you would like this a lot.
Synde
eenie meanie chili beanie..the spirits are about to speak...
Wordsmith
PhyllisJ
0 Kudos

I'm reading The Turn by Jennifer Armintrout
Phyllis
Frequent Contributor
melaniejackson
0 Kudos

I really enjoyed Dances With Werewolves. Can't wait for the next one in the series.... I'm also doing some CE Murphy (Urban Shaman and Heart of Stone). Too early to tell if I'll like these series. Finished Poltergeist by Kat Richardson (I think-- it's the Greywalker series). Enjoyed the second book more than the first. Intersting world and good for those who lean more toward paranormal mystery than romance. And since I couldn't make up my mind about the CE Murphys and am waiting for the next Christine Warren to arrive (you know, I think the mailman takes home my books and movies and watches/reads them before delivering. I don't know why else things take SO LONG to get here), I also started another Lynn Viehl :-).

Next in the tbr is Derik's Bane by Mary Janice Davidson. I'm having some doubts. As a rule, I'm not fond of comedy romance things. Anyone read this? Is it sort of Christopher Mooreish?
www.melaniejackson.com
Frequent Contributor
Laura_Stamps
0 Kudos

Hi, MelanieJackson--

I have read two of Mary Janice Davidson's Queen Betsy novels and tried to get through a few of her anthology novellas, and she just doesn't work for me.  Her characters are so silly I can't make myself care about what happens to them.

That's not to say I don't appreciate humor in paranormal novels.  My fav in that department is Katie MacAlister.  Her vampy Dark Ones series and Aisling Gray dragon series are a riot and very good.  Try some of those novels if Davidson doesn't work for you.  You may like them better.
Laura Stamps
Author of Paranormal Romance and Erotica Novels
http://www.LauraStamps.blogspot.com (to read excerpts from my novel series)
Frequent Contributor
Ma-Petite
0 Kudos

Charmed and Deadly the third book in the Bronwyn Witch series by Candace Havens. It's a very light read not all dark like the ones I'm use to reading. It reminds me of my favorite series(Charmed) but with one killer witch.