Since 1997, you’ve been coming to BarnesandNoble.com to discuss everything from Stephen King to writing to Harry Potter. You’ve made our site more than a place to discover your next book: you’ve made it a community. But like all things internet, BN.com is growing and changing. We've said goodbye to our community message boards—but that doesn’t mean we won’t still be a place for adventurous readers to connect and discover.

Now, you can explore the most exciting new titles (and remember the classics) at the Barnes & Noble Book Blog. Check out conversations with authors like Jeff VanderMeer and Gary Shteyngart at the B&N Review, and browse write-ups of the best in literary fiction. Come to our Facebook page to weigh in on what it means to be a book nerd. Browse digital deals on the NOOK blog, tweet about books with us,or self-publish your latest novella with NOOK Press. And for those of you looking for support for your NOOK, the NOOK Support Forums will still be here.

We will continue to provide you with books that make you turn pages well past midnight, discover new worlds, and reunite with old friends. And we hope that you’ll continue to tell us how you’re doing, what you’re reading, and what books mean to you.

Inspired Contributor
DarkHeart
0 Kudos

Re: What are you currently reading?

I just finished Wounded & Bound by Amy Lane.  I can't believe a publisher hasn't picked her up!  Her Little Goddess series was wonderful!  Really well developed characters and emotional reads, making be both laugh and cry. Now, I'm going back to finish Alexandra Ivy's When Darkness Comes, which came with a glowing review from a friend.  I'm only about 60 pages in, but it's failed to suck me in.  We shall see though...
~ Nicole
Bibliophile
Melhay
0 Kudos

ReaderGal74 wrote:

I am halfway through Undone by Rachel Caine.  I bought it solely based on y'all's suggestions.  I am crazy about it!!!!  Now, I have to go and get all of the other Warden books!  My poor book budget is going to be blown for the next couple months!!

ReaderGal,

Ya, I know the feeling.  I need to get started on the Warden series also.  Undone was my first and I was hooked.  It was mentioned I would enjoy the Warden series also.  So they have been added to my list to slip in between other books also.

Mel

My Blog Spot: http://melissa-melsworld.blogspot.com/
Scribe
SciFiCanuck
0 Kudos

PhyllisJ wrote:
Hi Teresa, as far as I know it's release date is Feb 24th, so the release date is close, it is almost here.  :smileywink:

Actually one of our Chapters stores has 20 copies so they put one on hold for me!  Yah!!  I just have to drive across the city for it. Doh!
My name is Teresa, and I'm a bookaholic
Current book(s): Labyrinth of Stars (Hunter Kiss #5) by Marjorie M. Liu
Just finished: The Undead Pool by Kim Harrison (The Hollows #12)
Scribe
SciFiCanuck
0 Kudos

DarkHeart wrote:
I just finished Wounded & Bound by Amy Lane.  I can't believe a publisher hasn't picked her up!  Her Little Goddess series was wonderful!  Really well developed characters and emotional reads, making be both laugh and cry. Now, I'm going back to finish Alexandra Ivy's When Darkness Comes, which came with a glowing review from a friend.  I'm only about 60 pages in, but it's failed to suck me in.  We shall see though...

So are those books by Amy Lane good?  What are they about?  I couldn't find much about them, and you have me intrigued!

So I just finished Grave Sins by Jenna Maclaine and LOVED it!  Started Undone today and so far I like it.

I did also pick up Blood Blade yesterday and hope to read it soon.  :-)  It sounds veeeeery good!

Inspired Bibliophile
Nelsmom
0 Kudos

I'm reading Shiloh Walker's new book Fragile.  I also have Carrie Vaughn's books to read as soon as my copy of Kitty Raises Hell gets here. 

Toni

Toni L. Chapman
Everyone needs some Tender Loving Care
Wordsmith
PhyllisJ
0 Kudos

Teresa wrote--

PhyllisJ wrote:
Hi Teresa, as far as I know it's release date is Feb 24th, so the release date is close, it is almost here.  :smileywink:

Actually one of our Chapters stores has 20 copies so they put one on hold for me!  Yah!!  I just have to drive across the city for it. Doh!

Teresa
Current book(s): Undone by Rachel Caine (Outcast Series)
Succubus in the City by Nina Harper
Just finished: Grave Sins by Jenna Maclain (Cin Craven Series

Darn it, you beat me to the punch again, :smileyhappy:  I will catch with you next week.
Phyllis
paulgoatallen

KatRichardson wrote:
Just got Lamentation by Ken Scholes.  I know, I know: when are you going to read something Paranormal...?  But... Oh boy have I been looking forward to this!  For years!

Kat:

You are going to LOVE it. That book is going to completely redefine epic fantasy – mark my words.

Paul 

"There never can be a man so lost as one who is lost in the vast and intricate corridors of his own lonely mind, where none may reach and none may save..." – Isaac Asimov, Pebble in the Sky
Inspired Contributor
DarkHeart

SciFiCanuck wrote:
So are those books by Amy Lane good?  What are they about?  I couldn't find much about them, and you have me intrigued!

I thought they were brilliant beautiful and emotional reads.  Cory is touched by an elf one night at work and can suddenly see all of the fae, weres and vampires that are around and she becomes sucked into their world by Adrian, a vamp.  Through him she meets Green, the sidhe that is the leader of the local preternatural community.  Something is threatening their community and weres are dying/disappearing and they've got to figure it out before they lose anyone else and Cory discovers she isn't just a normal girl after all.  (This is the storyline of the first book, Vulnerable - the story lines of the other two should be avoided until you read it, otherwise a key event will be revealed)  They're definitely steamy, with wonderfully developed characters that you grow quickly attached to.

~ Nicole
Frequent Contributor
lilithesquee
0 Kudos

Just finished Heart shaped Box.  It was a good book.  Like I mentioned it starts out with dripping hopelessness, and interesting charicters, and then does charicter development through the story.  I am glad I ignored my resonance with the dark gloomyness and read it because it was a good story.  Look forward to reading more from this author.  I am in a sticky spot.  I have American Gods on next on my tbr pile, but Bone Crossed, which I have had on order from the library for a long time just came in and is in my hands.  AG may just have to wait.   It is nice to have such problems.    
Dude, Where's My Book!
Wordsmith
PhyllisJ
0 Kudos

Just finished The Virgins Queen's Daughter, excellent novel.  Next up back to my paranormal/urban fantasy and I am going to read Ravenous by Sharon Ashwood.
Phyllis
Wordsmith
Chomp
0 Kudos

I am finally reading Undone, and look forward to the discussion.

Carol 

So many books, so little time...
Scribe
SciFiCanuck
0 Kudos

DarkHeart wrote:

SciFiCanuck wrote:

I thought they were brilliant beautiful and emotional reads.  Cory is touched by an elf one night at work and can suddenly see all of the fae, weres and vampires that are around and she becomes sucked into their world by Adrian, a vamp.  Through him she meets Green, the sidhe that is the leader of the local preternatural community.  Something is threatening their community and weres are dying/disappearing and they've got to figure it out before they lose anyone else and Cory discovers she isn't just a normal girl after all.  (This is the storyline of the first book, Vulnerable - the story lines of the other two should be avoided until you read it, otherwise a key event will be revealed)  They're definitely steamy, with wonderfully developed characters that you grow quickly attached to.

Ooooooh, sounds good!  You've got me sold! Thanks....
Scribe
SciFiCanuck
0 Kudos

Picked up my copy of White Witch Black Curse!  Yah!  I did pay a little more than I wanted but I wasn't going to risk not getting it and having to wait for the online warehouse to get more.  It is still showing as "in stock" too...I wonder how many other people ordered it and got told the same thing.  Sheesh.

My order also arrived so I've got the first Rachel Vincent book, Stray...so now I have all three.  Also have all 4 of Sunny's Monere books.  I may be reading that series next...they sound really good!

Distinguished Correspondent
ReaderGal74
0 Kudos

PhyllisJ wrote:
Readergal wrote--

I am halfway through Undone by Rachel Caine.  I bought it solely based on y'all's suggestions.  I am crazy about it!!!!  Now, I have to go and get all of the other Warden books!  My poor book budget is going to be blown for the next couple months!!

Now I feel guilty, I was reading mixed reviews on it and some of them were good and some not some good, so I returned it before I read it.  I may have to get it and give it a try again.  :smileysurprised:

Phyllis, I think you should try it out again.  I was the same way, wasn't too sure about all of the mixed reviews.  This was totally an impulse buy when I had been returning a book to B&N.  I saw it on the shelf and just picked it up and didn't give myself a chance to think about it.  Based on your earlier posts about other books, I believe you will like it!

Books...Never leave home without them
Wordsmith
PhyllisJ
0 Kudos

ReaderGal wrote--

Phyllis, I think you should try it out again.  I was the same way, wasn't too sure about all of the mixed reviews.  This was totally an impulse buy when I had been returning a book to B&N.  I saw it on the shelf and just picked it up and didn't give myself a chance to think about it.  Based on your earlier posts about other books, I believe you will like it!

Hi, I picked up the book again and I am going to give it a try again.  :smileyhappy:  Thanks for the support.  :smileyhappy:

Phyllis
Wordsmith
PhyllisJ
0 Kudos

Currently reading Blood and Ice by Robet Masello, excellent book. 

Phyllis
Correspondent
kitkat3ny
0 Kudos

Just finished Grave Sins by Jenna Mclaine, currently reading the novella Angel's Pawn by Nalini Singh of the Guild Hunter Series.
Frequent Contributor
Little_Jacky
0 Kudos

melaniejackson wrote:
I just finished From Dead to Worst and it is my favorite of the Sookie Stackhouse stories (so far). I won't say anything about it yet except that it sure moves the plot along :-).

REALLY! I'm even more excited now! I haven't read it yet since I'm waiting for it to come out in paperback and didn't want to read any reviews since I didn't want to spoil it!
Frequent Contributor
Little_Jacky
0 Kudos

dhaupt wrote:
I just finished J R Ward's Lover Eternal it's the second in her Black Dagger Brotherhood series. I really like her and have the book clubs here to thank for discovering her. I can't wait to read Z's story.

I just finished that one too! I loved it and I'm waiting for Z's story in the mail..I feel like it's going to be the best one yet. I heard the series takes a nose dive after the 3rd..I'm hoping it doesn't!
Frequent Contributor
Little_Jacky
0 Kudos

I just finished Quick Bite by Lyndsay Sands which I really couldn't get into. I heard a lot of people giving it decent reviews so I bought it while I was getting J.R. Ward's series (WHICH I LOVED..well the 1st 2 anyway )

Now I'm waiting for the 3rd in J.R. Ward series and Undone to come in the mail!