Distinguished Bibliophile
Ryan_G

Re: What are you currently reading?

I am currently reading The Haunting of Hill House by Shirley Jackson for the Literature by Women board.  It is my favorite "ghost" story and I would encourage anyone who likes a good haunted house book to join us in July.

The Haunting of Hill House 

"I am half sick of shadows" The Lady of Shalott

http://wordsmithonia.blogspot.com
Wordsmith
PhyllisJ
0 Kudos

Just finished The Strain, getting ready to pick something out of my TBR pile, so many good books to choose from, might choose Street Magic next.
Phyllis
dhaupt

angelcloud529 wrote:

So I just finished "Finger Lickin' Fifteen" by Janet Evanovich...I know it doesn't belong in this thread, but I had to read it.  I had been waiting for it since the last one. 

Anyways, onto the correct genre.  I am starting

A Lick of Frost (Meredith Gentry Series #6) 

Can't wait...

Now ya'll need to stop posting all these great books (like the Zodiac Series) cuz I am just going to add them to by TBR pile and I am running out of money. Geez.

Just remember Angel when you turn to a life of crime, only rob book stores ;-)

Scribe
SciFiCanuck
0 Kudos

Just finished Night's Rose - excellent book!  :-)  Just started Darkness Calls.

Shippment arrived yesterday....WOOT!  Now I've got:

The Strain (I plan on reading this next!) by Guillermo Del Toro

Succubus Heat by Richelle Mead

Fragile Eternity by Melissa Marr

Rest Falls Away by Colleen Gleason

Phantasm by Phaedra Weldon

My name is Teresa, and I'm a bookaholic
Current book(s): The Undead Pool by Kim Harrison (The Hollows #12)
Just finished: Black Arts by Faith Hunter (Jane Yellowrock #7)
Inspired Bibliophile
Nelsmom
0 Kudos

[ Edited ]

Just got Black And White by Jackie Kessler to read.  So I'm putting everything else on hold to read that one.  Just finished Darkness Calls last night.  About halfway though The Wild Road by Marjorie M. Liu but will finish it after Jackie's book since I don't have much time to read it because I borrowed it from a friend.

Toni

Message Edited by Nelsmom on 07-03-2009 04:45 PM
Toni L. Chapman
Everyone needs some Tender Loving Care
Distinguished Wordsmith
angelcloud529
0 Kudos

dhaupt wrote:

angelcloud529 wrote:

So I just finished "Finger Lickin' Fifteen" by Janet Evanovich...I know it doesn't belong in this thread, but I had to read it.  I had been waiting for it since the last one. 

Anyways, onto the correct genre.  I am starting

A Lick of Frost (Meredith Gentry Series #6) 

Can't wait...

Now ya'll need to stop posting all these great books (like the Zodiac Series) cuz I am just going to add them to by TBR pile and I am running out of money. Geez.

Just remember Angel when you turn to a life of crime, only rob book stores ;-)

Hmmmm.... that is a good idea, rob book stores only.  Now why didn't I think of that???   

HELP! I've fallen and can't reach my book!!!!
Inspired Wordsmith
FaeryQueen
0 Kudos

I reread Christine Feehan and Jacqulyn Frank books along with their new ones over the holiday.

Now it's time to start The Iron Hunt.   Everyone has raved about this series and I'm hoping it lives up the the hype.  :smileyhappy:

Scribe
SciFiCanuck
0 Kudos

[ Edited ]

All done Darkness Calls...fabulous book!  Lots of stuff happening from beginning to end and never lets up.  Looking forward to the next one.

Now I'm onto Street Magic by Caitlin Kittredge.  :-)

...oh and I was in the local Wal-Mart...picked up the Huntress novella with stories from Christine Warren, Marjorie M. Liu, Caitline K and Jenna Maclaine!  Also picked up Breath of Fire by Tammy Kane...its about dragons and sounded interesting!

Message Edited by SciFiCanuck on 07-06-2009 11:12 PM
Nox
Correspondent
Nox
0 Kudos

Vampire Academy (Vampire Academy Series #1) 

So far so good, I like the writing, the characters seem interesting and the humour is present, so it's all good.

----------------------------------------
"Vi Veri Veniversum Vivus Vici"
Wordsmith
PhyllisJ

Just received City of Souls by Vicki Pettersson and won a contest and received a ARC of Destined for an Early Grave.  Yea, I am so excited.  Two of my favorite authors.  :smileyvery-happy:
Phyllis
New User
VampAddict
0 Kudos

im currently reading...

the fever series by karen marie moning....(which btw better get better, its lacking for me)

and

the karen chance dark series

and

hell's belles by jackie kessler

and

a total waste of makeup by kim grudgenfelder

oh btw i just read queen betsy series yesterday...omg never have i laughed out loud so many times, absolutely hillarious!  is there another author someone can suggest thats at least half as funny as mj davidson?

Nox
Correspondent
Nox
0 Kudos

VampAddict wrote:

oh btw i just read queen betsy series yesterday...omg never have i laughed out loud so many times, absolutely hillarious!  is there another author someone can suggest thats at least half as funny as mj davidson?

Color of Magic (Discworld Series) 

You won't find many things funnier then these series, all 36 of the books are a laugh riot, not so many vampires as you'd probablly like but some of the books have a lot of vampires as well.

----------------------------------------
"Vi Veri Veniversum Vivus Vici"
Inspired Bibliophile
Nelsmom
0 Kudos

From the Library I got Skin Trade by Laurell K. Hamilton which I just couldn't put down till I finished it.  Also from the library I got Hidden Currents by Christine Feehan, Skinwalker by Faith Hunter, Dying Bites by DD Barant.  I think I'm going to read Skinwalker and then Dying Bites and then Hidden Currents.

Toni

Toni L. Chapman
Wordsmith
Chomp
0 Kudos

Skinwalker is awesome! Here is my review over at Bitten By Books:

http://bittenbybooks.com/?p=8269

Carol

So many books, so little time...
Inspired Bibliophile
Nelsmom
0 Kudos

Carol,

I'm only 20 pages into the book so far but I agree that it is going to be awesome.  I had a family thing tonight and so have not been able to read as much as I would like but it has definitely got me hooked.

Toni

Toni L. Chapman
Frequent Contributor
Michelle81

OK, finished the last book White Witch, Black Curse of the Rachel Morgan series last week and I miss it already. This series I could read forever! I can't wait for more! I loved them all! I finished Guilty Pleasures last night from the Anite Blake series and I am going to pick up book two and three today! So far it is good the zombie raising and ghouls are a new twist I haven't read about before. 

And I don't understand why I sleep all day and I start to complain that theres no rain...and all I can do is read a book to stay awake... and rips my life away but it's a great escape. Escape. Escape. Escape... (No Rain, Blind Melon)
Scribe
SciFiCanuck
0 Kudos

Phyllis I'm so jealous!!!  Can't wait for the next JF book, DFAEG!  :-D

So I decided on Blood Magic by Jennifer Lyons...so far so good!  I also picked up Skinwalker by Faith Hunter...wow, it sounds really good.  Think its next on my TBR pile, then I'll read Dying Bites.  All my releases should be out by then (July 28)!  LOL

Scribe
SciFiCanuck
0 Kudos

VampAddict wrote:

im currently reading...

the fever series by karen marie moning....(which btw better get better, its lacking for me)

and

the karen chance dark series

and

hell's belles by jackie kessler

and

a total waste of makeup by kim grudgenfelder

That's good to know!  I've got MJD's whole Betsy series...just haven't read them yet.  Story of my life, LOL!

So I think that the books by Kathy Love sound good & funny - the Young Brothers Series...starts with Fangs for the Memories.  :-)  I also think that Stephanie Rowe, Katie MacAlister and Kimberley Raye (Dead end dating series) have some funny books out as well.

Inspired Contributor
SarahReadsAlot
0 Kudos

Right now I am rereading Harry Potter and the Half Blood Prince. Im trying to save all my new releases for my trip next month, and I like to reread books right before I go see the movie.
What does it mean when nightmares long for dreams and shadows wish for light?
Contributor
scjs4r
0 Kudos

Just finished Sins and Shadows by Lyn Benedict.