Since 1997, you’ve been coming to BarnesandNoble.com to discuss everything from Stephen King to writing to Harry Potter. You’ve made our site more than a place to discover your next book: you’ve made it a community. But like all things internet, BN.com is growing and changing. We've said goodbye to our community message boards—but that doesn’t mean we won’t still be a place for adventurous readers to connect and discover.

Now, you can explore the most exciting new titles (and remember the classics) at the Barnes & Noble Book Blog. Check out conversations with authors like Jeff VanderMeer and Gary Shteyngart at the B&N Review, and browse write-ups of the best in literary fiction. Come to our Facebook page to weigh in on what it means to be a book nerd. Browse digital deals on the NOOK blog, tweet about books with us,or self-publish your latest novella with NOOK Press. And for those of you looking for support for your NOOK, the NOOK Support Forums will still be here.

We will continue to provide you with books that make you turn pages well past midnight, discover new worlds, and reunite with old friends. And we hope that you’ll continue to tell us how you’re doing, what you’re reading, and what books mean to you.

Wordsmith
PhyllisJ

Re: What are you currently reading?

I am going to reread White Witch Black Curse, starting it tonight. 

Phyllis
Distinguished Wordsmith
jgmme

Two months ago I thought I was all out of books to read. Then I happen to come across this board and have watched my TBR pile grow. I have found everyones comments very helpful in expanding my reading list. Thank you.:smileyhappy:

currently reading

Evil Ways 

jo

Jo

shhhhh....I'm reading.
Wordsmith
PhyllisJ
0 Kudos

Jo wrote--

Two months ago I thought I was all out of books to read. Then I happen to come across this board and have watched my TBR pile grow. I have found everyones comments very helpful in expanding my reading list. Thank you.:smileyhappy:

Glad you are enjoying your TBR pile.  This is the best place to come to and for sure your list will grow.  A warm welcome to you.  Evil Ways was a good book, I am waiting for his next book to come out.  Happy reading to you.  :smileyhappy:

Phyllis
Contributor
KindleVixen

jgmme wrote:

currently reading

Evil Ways 

jo

I have heard good things about this author!

Currently reading Battle of Network Zombies by Mark Henry.

Wordsmith
PhyllisJ
0 Kudos

KindleVixen wrote

I have heard good things about this author!

Currently reading Battle of Network Zombies by Mark Henry

I like his books a lot, in fact I just went looking for my copies of my bookshelves but I must have lend them out or passed them on.  :smileysad:  I wouldn't mind rereading them. 

Phyllis
Distinguished Wordsmith
angelcloud529
0 Kudos

PhyllisJ wrote:

I am going to reread White Witch Black Curse, starting it tonight. 

I just finished:

White Witch, Black Curse (Rachel Morgan Series #7) 

Loved this book.  Rachel sure does find ways to get herself into a lot of crap.  I like the how the whole Kist thing was finalized.  That made me cry and happy at the same time.  Don't think I like Pierce too much.  We'll see.

I am not currently reading anything right now, focusing on school for a bit... :smileyindifferent: well until Black Magic Sanction comes out on 23 Feb.

Black Magic Sanction (Rachel Morgan Series #8) 

HELP! I've fallen and can't reach my book!!!!
Distinguished Wordsmith
angelcloud529

Don't know if any of you go to Kim Harrison's website  http://kimharrison.wordpress.com/, but she has posted a link to read the first 7 chapters of  Black Magic Sanction...

Here is the link to the web page for the chapters.  I have read them and they are awesome!  I can't wait for the whole book.

http://browseinside.harpercollins.com/index.aspx?isbn13=9780061138034

New User
emsphatgyrl
0 Kudos

I just started "Because your Vampire Said So" ..I am enjoying this book so far..I want some new books to read....Sounds like the Vampire Kisses Ya series will be good..thanks

Bibliophile
Melhay

You all sold me on Boneshaker.  I am a little late at getting to it.  But I just couldn't pass it up any longer!

Currently getting into tonight:

Boneshaker 

My Blog Spot: http://melissa-melsworld.blogspot.com/
paulgoatallen
0 Kudos

Melhay wrote:

You all sold me on Boneshaker.  I am a little late at getting to it.  But I just couldn't pass it up any longer!

Boneshaker 

Geez, Melissa – finally!   :smileyhappy:
Paul
"There never can be a man so lost as one who is lost in the vast and intricate corridors of his own lonely mind, where none may reach and none may save..." – Isaac Asimov, Pebble in the Sky
Inspired Bibliophile
Nelsmom

Phyllis,

I just finished Wolfbreed and while I enjoyed the book I did find it a little difficult to follow the story in places and felt like it could of been a much smoother story.  Also I don't think it exactly fits into the Urban Fantasy subgenre but more of a true dark fantasy novel.  I just felt like some of the information or mythology that she used just didn't fit the story line that she wrote or that she made a very rough transition into it.  I would suggest that you borrow the book instead of spending the money to buy the book.

Toni

Toni L. Chapman
Everyone needs some Tender Loving Care
Inspired Wordsmith
lilithesque
0 Kudos

Just started a Joe Hill Book,

Horns Starts out wierd but the possibilities are unfolding and it is pulling me in. 

Magic Strikes (Kate Daniels Series #3)  I am almost done with this one.  Still liking the world.

Queene of Light (Lightworld/Darkworld Series #1)  Not far into this but the world is shaping up quickly and interestingly.

Fun Times!!  

Dude, Where's my book!
Bibliophile
Melhay
0 Kudos

paulgoatallen wrote:

Melhay wrote:

Boneshaker 

Paul

Well, what can I say? I'm a little slow... (just a little) :smileyhappy:

My Blog Spot: http://melissa-melsworld.blogspot.com/
Distinguished Bibliophile
pen21
0 Kudos

I loved Boneshaker. I have recommended to a quite a few people. Not all liked that. But most loved it.

Let us know what you think. There is a thread with some discussion on Boneshaker. It was a feature in November on the Fantasy/Scifi board.

pen21

Melhay wrote:

paulgoatallen wrote:

Melhay wrote:

Boneshaker 

Paul

Well, what can I say? I'm a little slow... (just a little) :smileyhappy:

Scribe
SciFiCanuck
0 Kudos

jgmme wrote:

currently reading

Evil Ways 

jo

I've been meaning to get Black Magic Woman, but been putting it off because of my HUGE TBR pile. :-)

So I take it both are good?

I just picked up another two...  *sigh*   Spellbent by Lucy Snyder and Beyond the Night (Awakening Heroes #1) by Joss Ware.  It sounded REALLY good. There are also 2 more after that one... :-)

My name is Teresa, and I'm a bookaholic
Current book(s): Labyrinth of Stars (Hunter Kiss #5) by Marjorie M. Liu
Just finished: The Undead Pool by Kim Harrison (The Hollows #12)
Frequent Contributor
Katie983

JUST FINISHED:

Divine Misdemeanors (Meredith Gentry Series #8) 

CURRENTLY READING:

Flirt (Anita Blake Vampire Hunter Series #18) 

UP NEXT:

Club Dead (Sookie Stackhouse / Southern Vampire Series #3) 

“When I was your age, television was called books.”
― William Goldman, The Princess Bride

"There is no mistaking a real book when one meets it. It's like falling in love." -- Christopher Morley
Distinguished Wordsmith
jgmme

SciFiCanuck wrote:

jgmme wrote:

currently reading

Evil Ways 

jo

I've been meaning to get Black Magic Woman, but been putting it off because of my HUGE TBR pile. :-)

I just picked up another two...  *sigh*   Spellbent by Lucy Snyder and Beyond the Night (Awakening Heroes #1) by Joss Ware.  It sounded REALLY good. There are also 2 more after that one... :-)

Yes, both books are well worth the read. I just finished Evil Ways (just in time to start Kims new book) I would recommend that you put it on the top of your TBR.

going in the morning to pick up my copy.

Jo

shhhhh....I'm reading.
Scribe
SciFiCanuck

jgmme wrote:

SciFiCanuck wrote:

jgmme wrote:

currently reading

Evil Ways 

jo

Yes, both books are well worth the read. I just finished Evil Ways (just in time to start Kims new book) I would recommend that you put it on the top of your TBR.

going in the morning to pick up my copy.

I've got Black Magic Sanction on it's way...SO much cheaper to order online...like over $10 cheaper.  :-)  Can't wait to get it..probably early next week though, but that's okay.  I've finished First Drop of Crimson (awesome book by the way), and am onto Scorched by Sharon Ashwood, until BMS gets here!!  :-D 

My name is Teresa, and I'm a bookaholic
Current book(s): Labyrinth of Stars (Hunter Kiss #5) by Marjorie M. Liu
Just finished: The Undead Pool by Kim Harrison (The Hollows #12)
Distinguished Wordsmith
angelcloud529

I am currently reading

Blood Ties (Bishop/Special Crimes Unit Series #12) 

I started reading this one b/c the e-book I ordered of Black Magic Sanction (Rachel Morgan) isn't due out till 6 April, so I have to wait for snail mail... I am in Korea, so that is going to take forever!!!!!

This series is really good though! Kay Hooper says they can be stand alone novels, but I have read all the Bishop novels and to me they are all interconnected and would be confusing if you don't read them all. 

....And if I still haven't received BMS, I will either read this one:

Black and White  

Or this one: 

Street Magic (Black London Series #1)  

I am torn, I don't know which one would be better. 

Distinguished Bibliophile
TiggerBear

angelcloud529 wrote:

I am currently reading

Blood Ties (Bishop/Special Crimes Unit Series #12) 

I started reading this one b/c the e-book I ordered of Black Magic Sanction (Rachel Morgan) isn't due out till 6 April, so I have to wait for snail mail... I am in Korea, so that is going to take forever!!!!!

This series is really good though! Kay Hooper says they can be stand alone novels, but I have read all the Bishop novels and to me they are all interconnected and would be confusing if you don't read them all. 

....And if I still haven't received BMS, I will either read this one:

Black and White  

Or this one: 

Street Magic (Black London Series #1)  

I am torn, I don't know which one would be better. 

Hmm tough choice, both are good. However the second one is my pick for best new series of last year, so.....