Scribe
SciFiCanuck

Re: What are you currently reading?

angelcloud529 wrote:

Just finished:

Cheat the Grave (Signs of the Zodiac Series #5) 

Oh my!  That was an excellent book.  What an ending... Now I have to wait, WTF.  I am not cool with this waiting thing.  I seriously was giving myself headaches trying to finish this book.  I would be reading it all hours of the night and my poor eyes would be so tired, but I didn't want to put it down.  :smileyhappy:

Currently Reading:

Storm Born (Dark Swan Series #1) 

Didn't really know what to read next, so I picked this one...

LOL, I was just going to say if you hated Warren in City of Souls, wait until you read Cheat the Grave...I so wanted someone to just SHOOT the guy!!  The end of that book had me bawling.  The moment between her and her mom, when her mom was leaving.  :-(  Poor Jo...

Storm Born is awesome!  The whole series is very good...you will enjoy it.  :-D

My name is Teresa, and I'm a bookaholic
Current book(s): The Undead Pool by Kim Harrison (The Hollows #12)
Just finished: Black Arts by Faith Hunter (Jane Yellowrock #7)
Scribe
SciFiCanuck
0 Kudos

Melhay wrote:

The Zodiac Series really sounds like a great series.  I have it on my wishlist to get to... one of these days. :smileyhappy:

I am currently reading the Early Reader for the Fantasy thread:

Antiphon 

But, inbetween the breaks for discussion I am reading:

Mind Games 

I am doing this with an online friend.  We are discussing this one in 3 sections.  I have really been enjoying it.  I love the way disillusion is used, and the weaknesses we have.  Quick read too!  Very fast paced.

I picked up Mind Games a while ago... the cover caught my eye in the bookstore.  :-)  Looks like I'll have to bump it up my TBR pile.  :-)

I'm so excited...I picked up Total Eclipse by Rachel Caine (Weather Warden series), As Lie the Dead by Kelly Meding (Dreg City series) and Whisper Kiss by Deborah Cooke (Draongfire series).  :-D  Going to be a good month of reading!! 

Frequent Contributor
WestchesterRFranks
0 Kudos

Well, my family and I really enjoyed it.  We were engaged and excited over this for days on end. 
HenryReader wrote:
I would like to get more opinions on this storyline -  what do you guys think?

Edison43 wrote:

I highly recommend Encounter at North Road House.  When a masked, unbeatable psycho-killer enters a house to take more lives, the house that he enters is haunted by inhuman creatures and ghosts, who shut him in.  The masked psychopath then goes to war with the ghosts and creatures of the haunted house.

The masked-psycho thought he was moving on another ordinary house - but what he enters into is a haunted realm.  The best thing about this book is who is the predator and who is the prey?  This one just came out and highly recommended.

Bibliophile
Melhay
0 Kudos

SciFiCanuck wrote:

Melhay wrote:

The Zodiac Series really sounds like a great series.  I have it on my wishlist to get to... one of these days. :smileyhappy:

Antiphon 

Mind Games 

I am doing this with an online friend.  We are discussing this one in 3 sections.  I have really been enjoying it.  I love the way disillusion is used, and the weaknesses we have.  Quick read too!  Very fast paced.

I picked up Mind Games a while ago... the cover caught my eye in the bookstore.  :-)  Looks like I'll have to bump it up my TBR pile.  :-)

I'm so excited...I picked up Total Eclipse by Rachel Caine (Weather Warden series), As Lie the Dead by Kelly Meding (Dreg City series) and Whisper Kiss by Deborah Cooke (Draongfire series).  :-D  Going to be a good month of reading!! 

I'll tell ya what SciFiCanuck.  I am having a hard time keeping up this last month.  There are so many great books that just came out and I can't seem to read fast enough.  I keep buying the books, but can't read them fast enought.  And I want them ALL!

I think you would enjoy Mind Games though.  It is quick and easy to read.  And love the way she uses hypocondria in this trilogy.  I am curious to hear what you think of it.

Melissa

My Blog Spot: http://melissa-melsworld.blogspot.com/
Distinguished Bibliophile
TiggerBear
0 Kudos

Melhay wrote:

SciFiCanuck wrote:

Melhay wrote:

Antiphon 

Mind Games 

I'll tell ya what SciFiCanuck.  I am having a hard time keeping up this last month.  There are so many great books that just came out and I can't seem to read fast enough.  I keep buying the books, but can't read them fast enought.  And I want them ALL!

I think you would enjoy Mind Games though.  It is quick and easy to read.  And love the way she uses hypocondria in this trilogy.  I am curious to hear what you think of it.

Melissa

That's what TBR piles are for. :smileyvery-happy:

Inspired Wordsmith
FaeryQueen

I finally read Black Dust Mambo.  Loved it.  Adrian Phoenix always puts out a winner.  Anyone heard when the next book is out??

Next up is the new Deborah Cooke novel, Whisper Kiss.

Frequent Contributor
Katie983
0 Kudos

JUST FINISHED:

Witch Craft (Nocturne City Series #4) 

CURRENTLY READING:

Daemon's Mark (Nocturne City Series #5)  

UP NEXT:

Pride and Prejudice and Zombies  

“When I was your age, television was called books.”
― William Goldman, The Princess Bride

"There is no mistaking a real book when one meets it. It's like falling in love." -- Christopher Morley
Wordsmith
3monstersmom
0 Kudos

FaeryQueen wrote:

I finally read Black Dust Mambo.  Loved it.  Adrian Phoenix always puts out a winner.  Anyone heard when the next book is out??

Phoenix's next one out is from her Maker series, called Etched in Bone.  Due out February 22, 2011.  Very excited for this!

Distinguished Wordsmith
angelcloud529
0 Kudos

I'm almost finished with:

Storm Born (Dark Swan Series #1) 

I've been moving to a new house, so I've had to put this aside.... but it has been very hard.  This book is absolutely fabulous.  It reminds me of the Merry Gentry series without all the massive hanky panky. 

I already bought:

Thorn Queen (Dark Swan Series #2) 

I can't wait! I have a 3 day road trip starting tomorrow and will definately have some good reading material.

HELP! I've fallen and can't reach my book!!!!
paulgoatallen
0 Kudos

FaeryQueen wrote:

Next up is the new Deborah Cooke novel, Whisper Kiss.

Etched in Bone, the next Maker's Song novel, is pubbing 2/22/11 – I'm guessing the sequel to Black Dust Mambo will be summer or fall of '11...
Paul
"There never can be a man so lost as one who is lost in the vast and intricate corridors of his own lonely mind, where none may reach and none may save..." – Isaac Asimov, Pebble in the Sky
Inspired Wordsmith
FaeryQueen
0 Kudos

paulgoatallen wrote:
Etched in Bone, the next Maker's Song novel, is pubbing 2/22/11 – I'm guessing the sequel to Black Dust Mambo will be summer or fall of '11...
Paul

Thanks Paul & 3monstersmom...  Hopefully February will get here soon.

Over the weekend I finished up Whisper Kiss by Deborah Cooke and Water Bound by Christine Feehan.  

I can see why readers gave Feehan bad reviews on this one.  There was a little too much description and some of it repeated several times in the book.  I mean really, you only have to describe the girl's eyes once.  We don't need to read about it every chapter.  

If you haven't read any of the Drake books, you may get a little lost with some of the references in this one.  There is overlap between the start of this book and the end of Hidden Currents.  She kind of left a big loose end around Lev and his brother.  I'm wondering if all the men in this series will be Prankenski brothers?  The book was an enjoyable read, but overall I still like her Ghostwalkers series best.

I think Walking the Witch by Kelley Armstrong will be up next.  We'll see if something else on my list catches my eye instead.  :smileyhappy:

Wordsmith
darkangel_1988
0 Kudos

Just finished Amethyst Bound and The Price of Freedom. And now starting Tempting the Enemy.

Amethyst Bound

The Price of Freedom

Tempting the Enemy

Wordsmith
darkangel_1988
0 Kudos

Just finished Tempting the Enemy. Great Book : )

Tempting the Enemy

Author
KatRichardson

Just started Tracking the Tempest by Nicole Peeler! Yum! 

Tracking the Tempest

Kat Richardson
http://katrichardson.com/
Contributor
luvgr8books
0 Kudos

OMG! Totally a "Must Read" series. All of the books are awesome, but they just get better and better. From book one, the are several mini stories that continue to build and build, just adding to the "just can't put this book down"/ "can't wait to read the next book". You are lucky, you have much to look forward to and many more to read without having to wait for the next book to come out! My friends and I have a bit of a wait for the next book, but truly worth it because J.R. Ward does not disappoint!!

You are sooooo going to enjoy this series :smileyhappy: Happy reading and good luck putting the books down!! :smileyvery-happy:

Amelie

TiggerBear
0 Kudos

Right so I'm less than patiently waiting for my book delivery. :smileymad:

But I picked up this

Vampire Archives  to tide me by (mine has a different cover perhaps reprint). True I had at least half of these short stories elsewhere. But even my collection was missing a few. For a good sampling of Vampire short fiction, it's more than worth a look.

Contributor
luvgr8books
0 Kudos

Thought I would give that series a try after reading the Sookie Stackhouse books. I love that series. There were many times throughout the books that I found myself laughing which is why I thought I would enjoy the Mary Janice Davison series. Read three and just couldn't read anymore. I thought they would get better but it just didn't happen. I would not recommend reading them. It just wasn't funny. The Sookie series is great and is even interpreted on the HBO series True Blood. Based on the books but not exactly like the book (Like Twilight is). The books have action, suspense, romance with many love triangles, vampires, fairies, shifters........paranormal romance. Good luck.

Amelie

Contributor
luvgr8books
0 Kudos

I read Darkfever and I felt the same way at first, then suddenly, I found that I couldn't put it down. Next thing you know, I read all four books in the series and can't wait for the the next one to come out. Unfortunately, it will be the last book in the series. Trust me, IT IS AWESOME!! You will so love this book, read all four books, and will be waiting for the last book to come out. Book 4 is such a cliff hanger that it makes waiting for the torturous. Happy reading!:smileyhappy:

Amelie

TiggerBear
0 Kudos

luvgr8books wrote:

I read Darkfever and I felt the same way at first, then suddenly, I found that I couldn't put it down. Next thing you know, I read all four books in the series and can't wait for the the next one to come out. Unfortunately, it will be the last book in the series. Trust me, IT IS AWESOME!! You will so love this book, read all four books, and will be waiting for the last book to come out. Book 4 is such a cliff hanger that it makes waiting for the torturous. Happy reading!:smileyhappy:

Amelie

Ok I've noticed this. Although you mention which a book or author... who are you talking to? Use the quote button or the other poster's name. Just so you make more sense and we'll know which post you're answering.

Scribe
SciFiCanuck
0 Kudos

Melhay wrote:

SciFiCanuck wrote:

Melhay wrote:

Antiphon 

Mind Games 

Melissa

LOL!  I know it's so crazy!!  So many new release books and with summer and everything that's going on I haven't had much reading time.  Only a chapter a night in the last week because I can't keep my eyes open before I hit the sack!!  We just got back from spending 4 days in the Canadian Rockies.  We did SO much hiking and driving....I'm pooped!  This weekend it's off to Banff (also in the rockies) for a dragon boat festival!  :-)  I'm going to try and finish my book in between races, LOL!