Distinguished Bibliophile
pen21

Re: What are you currently reading?

kimba88 wrote:

Hi gang ,

If you have a nook check out this book. Its free. I found it thru goodreads

:

Deadworld 

Thanks kimba88. I downloaded it tonight. I need to start adding more of these free books into my pile. :smileyhappy:

Inspired Wordsmith
kimba88

pen21 wrote:

kimba88 wrote:

Hi gang ,

:

Deadworld 

Thanks kimba88. I downloaded it tonight. I need to start adding more of these free books into my pile. :smileyhappy:

you really have to search. I always do 0.00 once a week, I also check out Amazon for their free books, that search for title on B&N, which is how my friend at goodreads told me about this one. What really irks me though is some of their free books are like 14.95 on B&N or aren't even offered her. I will keep posting any Paranormal I run across :smileyvery-happy:

Scribe
SciFiCanuck

lesnes wrote:

Re-reading 

Alien in the Family 

I love this series! It is hilarious, the bantering, the jokes, the aliens....this series is great. What else can i say I needed a break from all that neck biting and howling at the moon, witches and demons. I really did/do enjoin this series. I've re-read each book (yes i am one of those who re-reads a book). Do i recommend this series? Yes, yes i do. And I hope you enjoin it as well.

I bought Touched by an Alien a while ago...my daughter made fun of me.  LOL  :-)  Got Alien Tango as well...will have to look for the 3rd this weekend.  They do sound good.  :-)

My name is Teresa, and I'm a bookaholic
Current book(s): The Undead Pool by Kim Harrison (The Hollows #12)
Just finished: Black Arts by Faith Hunter (Jane Yellowrock #7)
Distinguished Wordsmith
jgmme

Just finished

This Side of the Grave (Night Huntress Series #5) 

this is yet another great series. She has done a great job of writing Cat and Bones characters so that they work well with each other and by them self.

Next up

Night's Cold Kiss 

or

Blood Blade (Skinners Series #1) 

I guess I will decided in the morning.

Jo

shhhhh....I'm reading.
Inspired Bibliophile
Vermontcozy
0 Kudos

Thanks Kimba..

kimba88 wrote:

pen21 wrote:

kimba88 wrote:

Hi gang ,

:

Deadworld 

you really have to search. I always do 0.00 once a week, I also check out Amazon for their free books, that search for title on B&N, which is how my friend at goodreads told me about this one. What really irks me though is some of their free books are like 14.95 on B&N or aren't even offered her. I will keep posting any Paranormal I run across :smileyvery-happy:

I just dnloaded it..Must ck out what you do,,,:smileywink: Also Check out orbit.com...I haven't dnloaded anything yet.but worth a try,,,

Kindness,I've discovered,is everything in life...Issac Bashevis Singer
Wordsmith
Tess75

kimba88 wrote:

pen21 wrote:

kimba88 wrote:

Hi gang ,

:

Deadworld 

Hi Everyone,

You might already know this but since you brought up about o.oo thought I'd mention this. When in shop touch the browse box then another screen comes up asking what you want to browse. Here you touch the eBook box, the next screen touch browse subjects. This will bring up a selection of genres you like reading, i.e.. Sic Fi, Fantasy, Horror. This doesn't show just the free books so you'll have to scroll through, but I found a lot of free along with books under $5.00. I find it a lot easier than scrolling through all the free books that I have no interest in. I'm not sure how I found out about the browse subjects but it comes in handy for me.

Just thought maybe it would help out.:smileyhappy:

Can anyone help? I think my fingers got glued to my NOOK and I can't seem to put it down!1! :smileyhappy:-
Although it's a good conversation piece when out in public!!
Inspired Bibliophile
Vermontcozy
0 Kudos

:smileyhappy:" The Gang " as Kimba refers to us ...Just wanted to add..I dnloaded "DeadWorld" to my Blkberry..sometimes there's an App..

Wordsmith
Sarah3973

pen21 wrote:

kimba88 wrote:

Hi gang ,

:

Deadworld 

Me too!  Thanks Kimba!!!!

Anyone who says they have only one life to live must not know how to read a book. ~Author Unknown
Inspired Bibliophile
Vermontcozy
0 Kudos

Kimba's Gang..".DeadWorld"...Like it,,New Author for me...Thanks ...Susan

Sarah3973 wrote:

pen21 wrote:

kimba88 wrote:

Hi gang ,

:

Deadworld 

Me too!  Thanks Kimba!!!!

Scribe
SciFiCanuck

jgmme wrote:

Just finished

this is yet another great series. She has done a great job of writing Cat and Bones characters so that they work well with each other and by them self.

Next up

Night's Cold Kiss 

or

Ooooooh tough decision!!  Night's Cold Kiss is excellent...  I think I would pick Blood Blade though.

No romance in BB, but Nights Cold Kiss does have some...depends on what you feel like.  :-)

Distinguished Wordsmith
jgmme
0 Kudos

SciFiCanuck wrote:

jgmme wrote:

Just finished

Next up

Night's Cold Kiss 

or

Ooooooh tough decision!!  Night's Cold Kiss is excellent...  I think I would pick Blood Blade though.

No romance in BB, but Nights Cold Kiss does have some...depends on what you feel like.  :-)

I started Blood Blade this morning.....I am on chapter 11 now and so far its been a real page turner.  I see myself getting the next one in this series by this weekend.

Jo

shhhhh....I'm reading.
Inspired Wordsmith
kimba88
0 Kudos

Ok, I took a dip over in the romance pond and read Robyn Carr's Wild Man Creek. Book 12 of the Virgin River Series..Because:smileysurprised: (gasp, not breathing, gasp) I read book 13 already and somehow missed 12 :smileysad: (the horrors.I read out of order)

Well, now that the mini crisis has been resolved I am ready to submerge myself in a little paranormal. I am reading And Falling, Fly.

I am trying to be very open minded, the reviews are all over the place...and I really want to like this book, cause the cover is like cool :smileytongue: and the storyline looks so promising.

I hate when i hear to many reviews.. ugh would like a brain swipe please.  When is dainewt gonna open that paranormal pub..i need a drink :smileyvery-happy:

Scribe
SciFiCanuck

jgmme wrote:

SciFiCanuck wrote:

jgmme wrote:

Just finished

Next up

Night's Cold Kiss 

or

I started Blood Blade this morning.....I am on chapter 11 now and so far its been a real page turner.  I see myself getting the next one in this series by this weekend.

Excellent!  AND they only get better!  :-)

Scribe
SciFiCanuck

Just finished Late Eclipses by Seanan McGuire.  It was excellent!!  :-)  The best one yet...I could not put it down!

So excited though I found Tangled Threads today!!!!  :-D  It's next up:

Tangled Threads

Then after that:

This Side Of The Grave: A Night Huntress Novel

Distinguished Bibliophile
dalnewt

[ Edited ]

jgmme wrote:

SciFiCanuck wrote:

jgmme wrote:

Just finished

Next up

Night's Cold Kiss 

or

I love this series by Pelegrimas.

It's the best monster hunter series being written today, IMO.

There's great action, a unique and intriguing mythology, really wicked horror-story monsters, unpredictable plots and a wonderful overall story arc that pits virtually unstoppable werewolves and other shapeshifters against the human Skinners while they face challenges on another front from scheming vamps. Plus, the main male character, Cole, is sympathetic, witty and emotionally vulnerable. And, the female lead Paige is surprising and engaging. All I can say is that I don't think you'll ever regret reading this series. After Blood Blade (Skinners Series #1) the books are:

Howling Legion (Skinners Series #2) 

Teeth of Beasts (Skinners Series #3) and 

Vampire Uprising (Skinners Series #4).

Then, there's the to be released 

Breaking (Skinners Series #5) (scheduled for release May 31) and

Extinction Agenda (Skinners) (scheduled for release October 25).  

Wordsmith
Tess75
0 Kudos

Hi dalnewt,

Thank you for going into a more in- depth explanation of the Giguhl. Now it makes more sense now. Some of the way he looks like in his native form almost reminds me of some of the creatures although they don't like that name!!:smileyhappy: from "Meredith Gentry" series from Laurell K Hamilton.

A Kiss of Shadows (Meredith Gentry Series #1) 

This series if you haven't already read it has a

lot of steamy scenes that would make your windows

look like they do on x-mass day when your cooking

your Turkey and the ovens on!:smileyvery-happy:

Better close the curtains reading this series!(LOL)

There are several creatures like that and in this series she needs to get pregnant in order to take over the seelie court as Queen so her evil cousin doesn't get it. So she has to "sleep" with a lot of men some hot some would make you squirm. She does this at least if not more than four times a day and some with several guys at once, because she doesn't have long and her sadistic Aunt will make sure she remembers the time is running out!

Enough said I don't want to give a way to much for those that hasn't read the series. Those that haven't read the series I definitely would recommend it.

Happy Easter to all if I'm not on before then!:smileyhappy:

Can anyone help? I think my fingers got glued to my NOOK and I can't seem to put it down!1! :smileyhappy:-
Although it's a good conversation piece when out in public!!
Scribe
SciFiCanuck

dalnewt wrote:

jgmme wrote:

SciFiCanuck wrote:

jgmme wrote:

Just finished

Next up

Night's Cold Kiss 

or

I love this series by Pelegrimas.

It's the best monster hunter series being written today, IMO.

There's great action, a unique and intriguing mythology, really wicked horror-story monsters, unpredictable plots and a wonderful overall story arc that pits virtually unstoppable werewolves and other shapeshifters against the human Skinners while they face challenges on another front from scheming vamps. Plus, the main male character, Cole, is sympathetic, witty and emotionally vulnerable. And, the female lead Paige is surprising and engaging. All I can say is that I don't think you'll ever regret reading this series. After Blood Blade (Skinners Series #1) the books are:

Teeth of Beasts (Skinners Series #3) and 

Vampire Uprising (Skinners Series #4).

Then, there's the to be released 

Breaking (Skinners Series #5) (scheduled for release May 31) and

Extinction Agenda (Skinners) (scheduled for release October 25).  

I cannot wait for the Breaking!!  The last book ended on a cliff-hanger...poor Cole, what are they going to do to him.  :-(  I am dying to read it.

Distinguished Wordsmith
jgmme

I finished Blood Blade (Skinners Series #1)  yesterday. It was awesome! A little different from what I have been reading, which was refreshing. You guys were right, its a great series.

I started

started this one this morning and I am on chapter 10. So far it as good as the first. After this one I will read the rest in this series before moving on to something else.

Jo

shhhhh....I'm reading.
Scribe
SciFiCanuck

Just grabbed these two from the bookstore...  :-)

New User
xquisite

currently reading Halfway to the Grave-Frost.