Since 1997, you’ve been coming to BarnesandNoble.com to discuss everything from Stephen King to writing to Harry Potter. You’ve made our site more than a place to discover your next book: you’ve made it a community. But like all things internet, BN.com is growing and changing. We've said goodbye to our community message boards—but that doesn’t mean we won’t still be a place for adventurous readers to connect and discover.

Now, you can explore the most exciting new titles (and remember the classics) at the Barnes & Noble Book Blog. Check out conversations with authors like Jeff VanderMeer and Gary Shteyngart at the B&N Review, and browse write-ups of the best in literary fiction. Come to our Facebook page to weigh in on what it means to be a book nerd. Browse digital deals on the NOOK blog, tweet about books with us,or self-publish your latest novella with NOOK Press. And for those of you looking for support for your NOOK, the NOOK Support Forums will still be here.

We will continue to provide you with books that make you turn pages well past midnight, discover new worlds, and reunite with old friends. And we hope that you’ll continue to tell us how you’re doing, what you’re reading, and what books mean to you.

Frequent Contributor
Ma-Petite
0 Kudos

Re: What are you currently reading?

[ Edited ]
 Mos-Stef You are correct Darkest Kiss is the second and Drakest Pleasure is the Third also there is a prequel out called Darkest Fire. It explains the pandora's box story.
Message Edited by Ma-Petite on 07-26-2008 08:40 PM
Wordsmith
PhyllisJ
0 Kudos

Just finished Greywalker and Poltergeist by Kat Richardson, currently reading Iron Kissed by Patricia Briggs.
Phyllis
Contributor
mos_stef
0 Kudos

Ma-petite- Oh I didn't mean the characters, just that the name of the band on the show sharedthe "Lords of the Underworld" title. Amazing series though, I'm trying to keep from reading the third so the wait will be slightly less painful for the next in the series...

Right now I'm reading Dead As A Doornail by the amazing Charlaine Harris, from the Sookie Stackhouse series. Love her an love this series, I also read these spread out to really savor them. 

I just started The Hollow by Nora Roberts, the second book in her "Sign of Seven" trilogy. I'm a big fan of Nora's paranormals (paranorals?) and while I don't think anything can top my beloved "Key" trilogy, this one is very enjoyable and SCARY. I've caught a lot of Stephen King references in this series, which has been fun. 

Inspired Correspondent
Bonnie824
0 Kudos

mos_stef wrote:
Thanks for the heads up, Toni, I'll be sure to check it out! Everywhere I looked says "The Darkest Kiss" in the second in the series and "Pleasure" is the third, including the release order on the backs of all the books, though.

That confused me too. I got The Darkest Kiss and wanted to know where it was in the series. Anyway, the first book is an e-book only. I am not sure if it's full length or short. I guess it introduces the series.

Frequent Contributor
Ma-Petite
0 Kudos

mos_stef wrote:

Ma-petite- Oh I didn't mean the characters, just that the name of the band on the show sharedthe "Lords of the Underworld" title. Amazing series though, I'm trying to keep from reading the third so the wait will be slightly less painful for the next in the series...

Right now I'm reading Dead As A Doornail by the amazing Charlaine Harris, from the Sookie Stackhouse series. Love her an love this series, I also read these spread out to really savor them. 

I just started The Hollow by Nora Roberts, the second book in her "Sign of Seven" trilogy. I'm a big fan of Nora's paranormals (paranorals?) and while I don't think anything can top my beloved "Key" trilogy, this one is very enjoyable and SCARY. I've caught a lot of Stephen King references in this series, which has been fun. 

Mos-stef you might want to read Darkest Pleasure. Gena is going to be on the Romance bookclub in August discussing the books and answering questions. And How are the Nora books I've been shying away b/c I thought  she was a little cheesy but I want to read one of her paranorals :smileyhappy: which one do you suggest I pick up first?

Frequent Contributor
Ma-Petite
0 Kudos

Bonnie824 wrote:

mos_stef wrote:
Thanks for the heads up, Toni, I'll be sure to check it out! Everywhere I looked says "The Darkest Kiss" in the second in the series and "Pleasure" is the third, including the release order on the backs of all the books, though.

That confused me too. I got The Darkest Kiss and wanted to know where it was in the series. Anyway, the first book is an e-book only. I am not sure if it's full length or short. I guess it introduces the series.

Bonnie - the first book which is Darkest Fire is a novella it tells of how the Lords became to house the demons that they have Then the next one is Darkest Night(Ashslyn and Maddox-keeper of the Demon of Violence) then the next is Darkest Kiss(Anya and Lucien-keeper of the demon Death) and then Darkkest Pleasure( Danika and Reyes keeper of the demon Pain) I heard that the fourth book will be about Sabin Keeper of Doubt.

Contributor
mos_stef
0 Kudos

<>Ah, Nora's not cheesy! :smileyhappy: That's why I like her, actually. Even in her books with the supernatural her characters are extremely real and down-to-earth and provide a nice anchor. If you enjoy mysteries, you may want to check out her books under the name J.D. Robb (the first being "Naked in Death") they're police procedurals/mysteries that take place in the future.

I would recommend checking out "Blood Brothers", the first Sign of 7 book. It's fairly dark and has demons vs. humans, there's no vampires, werewolves or that kind of paranormal type but it's very good. Her "Circle" trilogy is very popular, and involved vampires... I haven't read them yet but I plan on it soon. They're Morrigan's Cross, Dance of the Gods and Valley of Silence. It's not technically paranormal, but if you enjoy horror at all I'd recommend her "Divine Evil", which is a little older. I'm a big horror fan and wasn't expecting much- and the book ended up terrifying me and was unputdownable! 

New User
findmegone
0 Kudos

I just finished read the entire Charlaine Harris Sookie stackhouse series (well..what we have so far) and the first two Vampire Academy books. I loved the sookie ones so much I got my mom reading them, she's on to the Twilight series now. I'm going to have to hide Breaking Dawn, she's already threatened to steal it before I get started!
Frequent Contributor
Ma-Petite
0 Kudos

thanks mos_stef I think I try the first book of the blood brothers.
Author
RichelleMead
0 Kudos

I just finished Terrier by Tamora Pierce and am about done with Extras by Scott Westerfield.  After this, I've got to review Whatever Happened to Anna K, which is a modern telling of Anna Karenina.  It's a bit outside the fantasy range but sounds pretty good.  Gives me a little perspective to read outside my genre every once in a while too! :smileyhappy:
-----------------------------------------------------
Visit me at www.richellemead.com to find out about Succubus Blues, Vampire Academy, and my other novels!
Author
KatRichardson

I'm so far behind on my reading, the current book is Lawrence Block's Tanners Twelve Swingers--which was written in 1967!
Kat Richardson
http://katrichardson.com/
Contributor
mos_stef
0 Kudos

Well I got my first 2 books from Amazon Prime so I had to put my other reading on hold so I can review these ASAP. :smileyhappy: One is paranormal- Evernight by Claudia Gray It's a YA novel (probably a bit in the vein of 'Twilight'. Teehee, vein. :smileyhappy: ) and so far it's pretty interesting.
Frequent Contributor
Sovereignqueen
0 Kudos

I just finished Patricia Brigg's Cry Wolf

Carpe Demon is on the top of my TBR pile. 

~It's all Pictish to me~
paulgoatallen
0 Kudos

Strangely enough, I just finished Kat Richardson's Underground and Richelle Mead's Storm Born and am staring Patricia Briggs' Cry Wolf in the face. All of these are featured titles here in August and I just posted threads for all titles so if any of you want to post comments, I'm really interested in what you thought about them. (And Kat and Richelle, please stop by and see if anyone has any questions for you – I'm sure you'll get a ton...)

Paul 

"There never can be a man so lost as one who is lost in the vast and intricate corridors of his own lonely mind, where none may reach and none may save..." – Isaac Asimov, Pebble in the Sky
Contributor
Auana
0 Kudos

I just finished Blood Noir by Laurell K Hamilton and have started to read Bloody Bones. BB is the only book in  both the Merry Gentry and Anita Blake novels that I haven't had the chance to read yet. I absolutly love both series. Hamiton's main heroens are strong and determined women that insipre the same in others. I am proud to say the Hamiton is and probably will be my favorite author for a long time to come.
Frequent Contributor
Katie983
0 Kudos

I'm also reading Cry Wolf. Those who are fans of her other books, especially her Mercy Thompson series, will LOVE this book. A few characters from the Mercy books crossover into this one, but I won't tell you who they are. Pick it up at any bookstore and read it. Its worth the time to read.
“When I was your age, television was called books.”
― William Goldman, The Princess Bride

"There is no mistaking a real book when one meets it. It's like falling in love." -- Christopher Morley
Frequent Contributor
Katie983
0 Kudos

She is an amazing author and even more of an amazing person. I got to meet her during the release of Blood Noir in St. Louis and she's a cool lady! And funny to boot!

“When I was your age, television was called books.”
― William Goldman, The Princess Bride

"There is no mistaking a real book when one meets it. It's like falling in love." -- Christopher Morley
Inspired Contributor
osha341
0 Kudos

I'm currently reading Biting The Bullet by Jennifer Rardin, the 3rd book in her series of CIA assassin vampire books.  Good read.
Lindy...
Powerful Women's Motto: Live your life in such a way that when your feet hit the floor in the morning, Satan shudders and says... "Oh sh_t...she's awake!!'
Frequent Contributor
Ma-Petite
0 Kudos

Just finished Stray by Rachel Vincent. A friend kept recommending it. I didn't really think it was something I'd get into but was shocked how fast I got engrossed in the story. Faythe was a little nerve wrecking and annoying but she was definitely a strong protagonist. I'm now starting Rogue (the sequel.)
Inspired Contributor
osha341
0 Kudos

Have you tried Keri Arthur and Kelley Armstrong?  I'm looking forward to more of their books and will be starting Ilona Andrews, some of Jenna Black's Morgan series, and Majorie Lui.  Cheyenne McCray also sounds good as well as Shiloh Walker.
Lindy...
Powerful Women's Motto: Live your life in such a way that when your feet hit the floor in the morning, Satan shudders and says... "Oh sh_t...she's awake!!'