Since 1997, you’ve been coming to BarnesandNoble.com to discuss everything from Stephen King to writing to Harry Potter. You’ve made our site more than a place to discover your next book: you’ve made it a community. But like all things internet, BN.com is growing and changing. We've said goodbye to our community message boards—but that doesn’t mean we won’t still be a place for adventurous readers to connect and discover.

Now, you can explore the most exciting new titles (and remember the classics) at the Barnes & Noble Book Blog. Check out conversations with authors like Jeff VanderMeer and Gary Shteyngart at the B&N Review, and browse write-ups of the best in literary fiction. Come to our Facebook page to weigh in on what it means to be a book nerd. Browse digital deals on the NOOK blog, tweet about books with us,or self-publish your latest novella with NOOK Press. And for those of you looking for support for your NOOK, the NOOK Support Forums will still be here.

We will continue to provide you with books that make you turn pages well past midnight, discover new worlds, and reunite with old friends. And we hope that you’ll continue to tell us how you’re doing, what you’re reading, and what books mean to you.

Frequent Contributor
Katie983

Re: What are you currently reading?

Dearly, Departed 

Mozart's Last Aria 

Kill Switch    Here's what I just finished, what I'm currently reading and what I plan to read next:

“When I was your age, television was called books.”
― William Goldman, The Princess Bride

"There is no mistaking a real book when one meets it. It's like falling in love." -- Christopher Morley
Distinguished Wordsmith
angelcloud529

Hello from the desert!

I finally got an internet connection, but its sketchy!  I have been super busy so I am still reading:

Web of Lies (Elemental Assassin Series #2)  

I will be starting The Hunger Games next...

Looking foward to chatting with you all again, but it won't be as often.

~ Angelcloud!!!

HELP! I've fallen and can't reach my book!!!!
paulgoatallen

angelcloud529 wrote:

Hello from the desert!

I finally got an internet connection, but its sketchy!  I have been super busy so I am still reading:

~ Angelcloud!!!

Love the picture!!!!!!  :smileyhappy:

"There never can be a man so lost as one who is lost in the vast and intricate corridors of his own lonely mind, where none may reach and none may save..." – Isaac Asimov, Pebble in the Sky
Inspired Bibliophile
Vermontcozy

We do MISS YOU..What a Great Picture...You are Busy reading and Serving our Country...We are here for you so whenever you Have Time Please Keep in Touch...Best Susan

angelcloud529 wrote:

Hello from the desert!

~ Angelcloud!!!

Kindness,I've discovered,is everything in life...Issac Bashevis Singer
Distinguished Bibliophile
pen21

angelcloud529 wrote:

Hello from the desert!

~ Angelcloud!!!

Good to SEE you! Love the camo outfit. I heard the camos are all the rage over there.

Wordsmith
ThirstyFlea
0 Kudos

I'm almost finished with Bewitched, Blooded and Bewildered  (awesomeness), then the new Dark Days short story Bound to Me . After that, well, I'm in trouble....  (start a new series i.e. Elemental Assassins, or ??? Aargh...)

A book is a loaded gun in the house next door... Who knows who might be the target of the well-read man? ~ Ray Bradbury, Fahrenheit 451
Scribe
SciFiCanuck

angelcloud529 wrote:

Hello from the desert!

~ Angelcloud!!!

Hello Angelcloud!!!!  :-D  Nice to see you and that pic is awesome!  Hopee everything is going well for you over there!  Glad you're delving into the EA books..love them!  :-)  The Hunger Games is fantastic...enoy and stay safe!!   Sci

My name is Teresa, and I'm a bookaholic
Current book(s): Labyrinth of Stars (Hunter Kiss #5) by Marjorie M. Liu
Just finished: The Undead Pool by Kim Harrison (The Hollows #12)
Inspired Wordsmith
FaeryQueen

angelcloud529 wrote:

Hello from the desert!

Looking forward to chatting with you all again, but it won't be as often.

~ Angelcloud!!!

Angelcloud, Good the see you're okay.  Check in when you can and stay safe!

It took me a while to read

Undone (Outcast Season Series #1)  

I've had so much going on that I don't know if it was me or the story.....yes I enjoyed it, but Im finding that if I know the book is the last in a series, I avoid it.  Denial?  Maybe....must be....I still have A Perfect Blood sitting on my shelf and can't seem to make myself pick it up.  Yeah I know it's not the last, but the end is coming... :smileysad:  

Anyway, I did enjoy Undone and liked the way she wrapped everything up.  I had a weird deja-vu moment when they hooked up with Jo and David.  It took a little while to remember that the same scene happened in the last Weather Warden book.  I think Caine left things open enough that she could at least pull some short stories about rebuilding out of her pocket if she wanted.

After that I wanted to start the new JD Tyler book but really couldn't remember what happened in the first one, so I read them and a short story back to back.

Primal Law (Alpha Pack Series #1) 

I read this one when it first came out last year.

BLACK MAGIC 

A short story featuring Kalen.  Really this story was the reason I reread book 1.....I couldn't remember who Kalen was.  LOL  This one is a warm up to events in book 2 and book 3, which is Kalen's book.

Savage Awakening (Alpha Pack Series #2)    

This one is about Aric, who last we saw was captured by the enemy.  When his team finds him, there is a new face in the group.  Rowan gets a tip from her FBI buddy about where she can find answers about her brother, Micah's, death.  After having to take leave from the LAPD after a shooting, she finds herself on the Alpha Pack's doorstep.  After learning about the team's suspicions concerning her brother,  she sneaks along on the mission to save Aric hoping to find answers.  I can't really say much else about the book without spoiling the ending of book 1.  It's a good continuation of the series, and you get to know more about Aric, Sariel, and Kalen.  

Now to decide what to read next......

Contributor
indigobookworm
0 Kudos

Well, you have a certain point there.. lol

Gabriella Reyes

The Indigo Bookworm
dhaupt

angelcloud529 wrote:

Hello from the desert!

~ Angelcloud!!!

Hi Anglecloud, you are my hero, be safe and I hope to see you whenever you can send pics

dhaupt

Next on my list is

Overseas the author calls it a time travel but it doesn't focus on the time travel so I'm really excited to see what she means also the blurb on the book is pulling me in too. 

Then in the mail I got an advanced copy of

Shadow of Night  it's the second of the trilogy by Deborah Harkness due out in July that started with

A Discovery of Witches    

Frequent Contributor
Katie983
0 Kudos

Mozart's Last Aria 

Kill Switch 

Deadlocked (Sookie Stackhouse / Southern Vampire Series #12)    Here's what I just finished, what I'm currently reading and what I plan to read next:

“When I was your age, television was called books.”
― William Goldman, The Princess Bride

"There is no mistaking a real book when one meets it. It's like falling in love." -- Christopher Morley
dhaupt
0 Kudos

I just started a July release, really good so far

The Coldest War  

Wordsmith
ThirstyFlea
0 Kudos

I'm struggling through The Isis Collar (Blood Singer Series #4)  right now. I just can't seem to get into it... I really liked the first 3, so maybe I should just set this aside for a bit and come back to it... 

I've also just started Grave Witch (Alex Craft Series #1) , which I'm excited about so far!!

A book is a loaded gun in the house next door... Who knows who might be the target of the well-read man? ~ Ray Bradbury, Fahrenheit 451
pen21

I just finished Third Grave Dead Ahead. I think it is the best of the series so far. Charley's dad wants her to quit investigations. Jones has a good series going.

Third Grave Dead Ahead (Charley Davidson Series #3)  

Wordsmith
ThirstyFlea

pen21 wrote:

I just finished Third Grave Dead Ahead. I think it is the best of the series so far. Charley's dad wants her to quit investigations. Jones has a good series going.

I love this series!!! And I agree, the best of them so far! I cannot wait til the 4th book- there will be some good developments, I think!

pen21

ThirstyFlea wrote:

pen21 wrote:

I love this series!!! And I agree, the best of them so far! I cannot wait til the 4th book- there will be some good developments, I think!

I am ready for the fourth one. It is coming out October 30, 2012. There are some good developments that I am curious what Jones will choose for the fourth in the series.

Fourth Grave Beneath My Feet  

Wordsmith
ThirstyFlea

pen21 wrote:

ThirstyFlea wrote:

pen21 wrote:

I am ready for the fourth one. It is coming out October 30, 2012. There are some good developments that I am curious what Jones will choose for the fourth in the series.

Fourth Grave Beneath My Feet  

I know, right?!? There were some big issues that came up in #3, certain ones resolved a little... but there are some juicy open ends that could go anywhere, and I'm super excited to see where they take us!

Frequent Contributor
0198lilly
0 Kudos

Coveted 

Just read two new ones(I got fom this site-Thanks) Coveted and Revenge is Sweet(can't find under products) and an older one by J A Saare.  I liked them all for different reasons.  Three releases tomorrow Harris, Caine and Jayne-making the trip to B&N in morning. Sorry I can never make those books go where the belong on here.

paulgoatallen
0 Kudos

0198lilly wrote:

Coveted 

Just read two new ones(I got fom this site-Thanks) Coveted and Revenge is Sweet(can't find under products) and an older one by J A Saare.  I liked them all for different reasons.  Three releases tomorrow Harris, Caine and Jayne-making the trip to B&N in morning. Sorry I can never make those books go where the belong on here.

I just started reading Deadlocked – so far, eh. Hoping something happens soon!  :smileyhappy:

"There never can be a man so lost as one who is lost in the vast and intricate corridors of his own lonely mind, where none may reach and none may save..." – Isaac Asimov, Pebble in the Sky