Since 1997, you’ve been coming to BarnesandNoble.com to discuss everything from Stephen King to writing to Harry Potter. You’ve made our site more than a place to discover your next book: you’ve made it a community. But like all things internet, BN.com is growing and changing. We've said goodbye to our community message boards—but that doesn’t mean we won’t still be a place for adventurous readers to connect and discover.

Now, you can explore the most exciting new titles (and remember the classics) at the Barnes & Noble Book Blog. Check out conversations with authors like Jeff VanderMeer and Gary Shteyngart at the B&N Review, and browse write-ups of the best in literary fiction. Come to our Facebook page to weigh in on what it means to be a book nerd. Browse digital deals on the NOOK blog, tweet about books with us,or self-publish your latest novella with NOOK Press. And for those of you looking for support for your NOOK, the NOOK Support Forums will still be here.

We will continue to provide you with books that make you turn pages well past midnight, discover new worlds, and reunite with old friends. And we hope that you’ll continue to tell us how you’re doing, what you’re reading, and what books mean to you.

Bibliophile
Melhay
0 Kudos

Re: What are you currently reading?

SciFiCanuck wrote:

Okay I finally decided...   It's the next in the Downside Ghosts series by Stacia Kane!  :-)  Sacrificial Magic.

I need to get back to the Downside Ghosts. I have this one (I think) on the shelf waiting for me as well. :smileyvery-happy: Do enjoy!

My Blog Spot: http://melissa-melsworld.blogspot.com/
Inspired Contributor
havenwynters

Dragon Age  

Dragon Age 

I am soooo hooked on this series.  I also play dragon age and therefore it makes the books so much cooler  

Distinguished Bibliophile
pen21

I am reading Ever After. I am waiting to read the thread here to avoid spoilers. Great book so far and I'm sure will keep getting better.

Ever After (Rachel Morgan Series #11)  

Frequent Contributor
Katie983

Here's what I just finished, what I'm currently reading and what I plan to read next:

The Bone Garden  

Girl of Nightmares  

Insignia  

“When I was your age, television was called books.”
― William Goldman, The Princess Bride

"There is no mistaking a real book when one meets it. It's like falling in love." -- Christopher Morley
Distinguished Wordsmith
angelcloud529

Currently Reading

Blood Promise (Vampire Academy Series #4)

Finished Shadow Kiss (Vampire Academy #3)... this series is really good, but once again RM is making me mad about how she is putting her main characters through the ringer. :smileysad: I have a feeling I will be shedding some serious tears in Blood Promise!

However, I absolutely LOVE this series and Rose is awesome!

HELP! I've fallen and can't reach my book!!!!
Scribe
SciFiCanuck

Finished the last Downside Ghosts book and decided to continue onto the next one.  :-)  Sacrificial Magic was excellent!!  Now I'm onto Chasing Magic while the latest Mercy Thompson book is enroute!!  Paul are you making this one the March Feature?? Frost Burned...

My name is Teresa, and I'm a bookaholic
Current book(s): Labyrinth of Stars (Hunter Kiss #5) by Marjorie M. Liu
Just finished: The Undead Pool by Kim Harrison (The Hollows #12)
paulgoatallen

SciFiCanuck wrote:

Finished the last Downside Ghosts book and decided to continue onto the next one.  :-)  Sacrificial Magic was excellent!!  Now I'm onto Chasing Magic while the latest Mercy Thompson book is enroute!!  Paul are you making this one the March Feature?? Frost Burned...

SciFiCanuck wrote:

Yes, definitely. I'll get the threads up later today.

I have to be honest though – the last Mercy Thompson novel was very disappointing. I'm hoping Briggs turns it around with Frost Burned!

Paul

"There never can be a man so lost as one who is lost in the vast and intricate corridors of his own lonely mind, where none may reach and none may save..." – Isaac Asimov, Pebble in the Sky
Frequent Contributor
Katie983
0 Kudos

Here's what I just finished, what I'm currently reading, and what I plan to read next:

Girl of Nightmares  

Insignia  

Frost Burned (Mercy Thompson Series #7)  

"There is no mistaking a real book when one meets it. It's like falling in love." -- Christopher Morley
Scribe
SciFiCanuck

paulgoatallen wrote:

SciFiCanuck wrote:

SciFiCanuck wrote:

Yes, definitely. I'll get the threads up later today.

I have to be honest though – the last Mercy Thompson novel was very disappointing. I'm hoping Briggs turns it around with Frost Burned!

Paul

Really???  I really liked the last one....hmmmmm....   What didn't you like about it?

My name is Teresa, and I'm a bookaholic
Current book(s): Labyrinth of Stars (Hunter Kiss #5) by Marjorie M. Liu
Just finished: The Undead Pool by Kim Harrison (The Hollows #12)
Distinguished Correspondent
Fangbanger

I agree with SciFi, Paul.  Two agaiinst one.  :smileywink:

So, I finished "Ever After" and I have finally gotten around to reading

Cold Days (Dresden Files Series #14).  I know, I know, I'm behind.  The holidays were crazy for me.  After I finish that I will be reading 

Frost Burned (Mercy Thompson Series #7) and I'll be following that up with 

Midnight Blue-Light Special (Incryptid Series #2).  All in all, I'm pretty excited.

pen21

Fangbanger wrote:

I agree with SciFi, Paul.  Two agaiinst one.  :smileywink:

So, I finished "Ever After" and I have finally gotten around to reading

Cold Days (Dresden Files Series #14).  I know, I know, I'm behind.  The holidays were crazy for me.  After I finish that I will be reading 

Frost Burned (Mercy Thompson Series #7) and I'll be following that up with 

Midnight Blue-Light Special (Incryptid Series #2).  All in all, I'm pretty excited.

I am way behind in the Dresden Files series too, in fact so far behind I think I have to start again.

I am looking forward to Midnight Blue. It looks like you will be reading it before me. So I will watch the posts to see what you think.

pen21
0 Kudos

This is such a good series. I am so glad I started reading these.

I will be continuing on learning about Anita Blake.

The Laughing Corpse (Anita Blake Vampire Hunter Series #2)  

Frequent Contributor
Katie983
0 Kudos

Here's what I just finished, what I'm currently reading, and what I plan to read next:

Insignia  

Carnival of Souls  

Fangbanger

Pen, it's so awesome that  you are reading the Anita Blake series.  Enjoy.  It  is so good.  It is the series that pulled me into this crazy, awesome, paranormal & urban fantasy world.

Frequent Contributor
Katie983
0 Kudos

Carnival of Souls  

Haunted (Anna Strong Series #8)  

Bibliophile
Melhay
0 Kudos

I picked up a YA serialized story.  I'm at the third of 6 at the moment.  The first one I really enjoyed with the hints of magic and mystery in the characters and fantasy setting.  I'm curious to see where this scarred child, Monson, comes too.

The House of Grey  

My Blog Spot: http://melissa-melsworld.blogspot.com/
Inspired Wordsmith
MADIS

I am currently trying to read The Lost, while also getting in the first 2 seasons of Game of Thrones before the season 3 premiere.  There is just too little time to do the important things!

The Lost (Celestial Blues Series #2)  

Fangbanger

Fangbanger

Whoa, not sure what happened with my my other post, but all the text disappeared.  Haha.  I finished Cold Days and Frost Burned.  Cold Days was amazing.  Butcher does a fantastic job of really piling on the excrement, but it is never too much.  It all fits together so well.  And whoa buddy, that ending!!  I am chomping at the bit for the next bood.

I am about 100 pages in to Midnight Blue-Light Special.  I am loving Verity.  This series is the polar opposite of Seanan's other series, the Toby Daye books.  I think that is why people who love Seanan and love Toby have a hard time getting in to it.  Verity is much more whimsical, but there is still a sense of urgency and danger.  Also, can we talk about where I can find my own colony of Aeslin mice.  I need some in my life!!

pen21
0 Kudos

Fangbanger wrote:

Whoa, not sure what happened with my my other post, but all the text disappeared.  Haha.  I finished Cold Days and Frost Burned.  Cold Days was amazing.  Butcher does a fantastic job of really piling on the excrement, but it is never too much.  It all fits together so well.  And whoa buddy, that ending!!  I am chomping at the bit for the next bood.

I am about 100 pages in to Midnight Blue-Light Special.  I am loving Verity.  This series is the polar opposite of Seanan's other series, the Toby Daye books.  I think that is why people who love Seanan and love Toby have a hard time getting in to it.  Verity is much more whimsical, but there is still a sense of urgency and danger.  Also, can we talk about where I can find my own colony of Aeslin mice.  I need some in my life!!

Yes Aeslin mice, we all need some in our life. I am glad you are loving Verity. I really liked the first book and need to get going on this next one. Sooooo many books to read.