Since 1997, you’ve been coming to BarnesandNoble.com to discuss everything from Stephen King to writing to Harry Potter. You’ve made our site more than a place to discover your next book: you’ve made it a community. But like all things internet, BN.com is growing and changing. We've said goodbye to our community message boards—but that doesn’t mean we won’t still be a place for adventurous readers to connect and discover.

Now, you can explore the most exciting new titles (and remember the classics) at the Barnes & Noble Book Blog. Check out conversations with authors like Jeff VanderMeer and Gary Shteyngart at the B&N Review, and browse write-ups of the best in literary fiction. Come to our Facebook page to weigh in on what it means to be a book nerd. Browse digital deals on the NOOK blog, tweet about books with us,or self-publish your latest novella with NOOK Press. And for those of you looking for support for your NOOK, the NOOK Support Forums will still be here.

We will continue to provide you with books that make you turn pages well past midnight, discover new worlds, and reunite with old friends. And we hope that you’ll continue to tell us how you’re doing, what you’re reading, and what books mean to you.

Inspired Wordsmith
LordRuthven
0 Kudos

Re: What are you currently reading?

Cemetery-Cat wrote:

If you haven't checked out Caitlin's book..it's a must have.. Hey Derek shout out to you.. I think you would like this a lot.
Synde

Kittredge's Night Life was awesome, and am looking even more forward to her Black London series.
Derek Tatum
Inspired Wordsmith
LordRuthven
0 Kudos

melaniejackson wrote:
I really enjoyed Dances With Werewolves.

Thanks for mentioning this...Douglas is one of the authors who will be at Dragon*Con and I was debating on reading this one soon. I was wondering if it was any good, and so far I've respected your taste.
Derek Tatum
Frequent Contributor
Cemetery-Cat
0 Kudos

LordRuthven wrote:

Kittredge's Night Life was awesome, and am looking even more forward to her Black London series.

Me too!! Recently she did a reading where she read some of it...(yes folks accent and all!!!!) and it was great! I think Jack is awesome!
I think she is a big time up and comer...
Synde
eenie meanie chili beanie..the spirits are about to speak...
Inspired Bibliophile
Nelsmom
0 Kudos

Synde,

Doouglas is a long time author she has written several Science Fiction/Fantasy novels but she mostly his known for her mystery novels starring Midnight Louie, her mystery solving cat.  But this is her first Paranormal/Urban Fantasy book.  I have read quite a few of her mysteries and Love Dancing With Werewolves.

Toni
Toni L. Chapman
Everyone needs some Tender Loving Care
Wordsmith
Chomp
0 Kudos

LordRuthven wrote:

melaniejackson wrote:
I really enjoyed Dances With Werewolves.

Thanks for mentioning this...Douglas is one of the authors who will be at Dragon*Con and I was debating on reading this one soon. I was wondering if it was any good, and so far I've respected your taste.

____________________________________________________________________________________________

I started this a few weeks ago, and was really enjoying it, but I had to put it aside due to some other commitments and life issues. I am looking forward to getting back to it soon. I find the whole premise very intriguing, and I think you will like it, Derek.

Carol
So many books, so little time...
Frequent Contributor
Cemetery-Cat
0 Kudos

Nelsmom wrote:
Synde,

Doouglas is a long time author she has written several Science Fiction/Fantasy novels but she mostly his known for her mystery novels starring Midnight Louie, her mystery solving cat.  But this is her first Paranormal/Urban Fantasy book.  I have read quite a few of her mysteries and Love Dancing With Werewolves.

Toni

I think Derek asked this question.. I was reading it thinking huh, then I realized you were talking to Derek.
synde
eenie meanie chili beanie..the spirits are about to speak...
Wordsmith
Chomp
0 Kudos

Laura_Stamps wrote:
Hi, MelanieJackson--

I have read two of Mary Janice Davidson's Queen Betsy novels and tried to get through a few of her anthology novellas, and she just doesn't work for me.  Her characters are so silly I can't make myself care about what happens to them.

That's not to say I don't appreciate humor in paranormal novels.  My fav in that department is Katie MacAlister.  Her vampy Dark Ones series and Aisling Gray dragon series are a riot and very good.  Try some of those novels if Davidson doesn't work for you.  You may like them better.

I really enjoy MJD's Betsy books, though they are very much on the light side. They are just a fun escapist read for a couple of hours.

I do also like the Aisling Gray series, also.

Carol
So many books, so little time...
Wordsmith
PhyllisJ
0 Kudos

Just started Bad Blood by L.A. Banks.
Phyllis
Scribe
SciFiCanuck

PhyllisJ wrote:
I'm reading The Turn by Jennifer Armintrout

You must mean her first book, The Turning.  :smileyhappy:  I am on the third one in the series...Ashes to Ashes.  I really like the first two so looking forward to this one.  All Souls Night is out June 1 as well. Yah!

Teresa
My name is Teresa, and I'm a bookaholic
Current book(s): Labyrinth of Stars (Hunter Kiss #5) by Marjorie M. Liu
Just finished: The Undead Pool by Kim Harrison (The Hollows #12)
Distinguished Bibliophile
TiggerBear
0 Kudos

Actually all three of Jennifer Armintrout's books are really good. Some interesting twists.
Wordsmith
PhyllisJ
0 Kudos

oops, I did mean The Turning.  I started it and then put it down, and I couldn't find it anywhere, I left it in my car.  So, I started Bad Blood by L.A. Banks, now I am going back to finish The Turning.  I wish I could read them both at the same time.  :smileyhappy:
Phyllis
Frequent Contributor
Mizz1parker
0 Kudos

I these books are good you guys will like them..

Right now i am reading Darkfever by: Karen Marie Moning- its a little hard to get into has anyone read this book yet????:
dhaupt
0 Kudos

Mizz1parker wrote:
I these books are good you guys will like them..

Right now i am reading Darkfever by: Karen Marie Moning- its a little hard to get into has anyone read this book yet????:

I really love Karen's Fever series, but they are not the romance that she has in her Highlander series. But I really like the character development between Mac and Jericho and am impatiently waiting for the release of FaeFever in September.
Wordsmith
PhyllisJ

I also loved Karen's Fever Series and am waiting for the next one to be released in Sept.
Phyllis
Frequent Contributor
Vampyre

Just finished No Humans Involved.  I just started Personal Demon.  That should get me all caught up in the Women of the Otherworld series.  Almost time to go book shopping again.
V^^^^V
http://vickipettersson.proboards51.com/index.cgi
http://primatechpaper.yuku.com/
Wordsmith
PhyllisJ
0 Kudos

[ Edited ]
I am almost done with The Turning, I returned some books last night to the library, it was, after hours and I dropped them in the slot, I was returning several books, and last night I was looking for The Turning and suddenly it dawned on me that I dropped  off at the library along with the library books, I called this morning, and sure enough, they have my book.  I have to go and pick it up.  First time I ever did that. :smileysad:

Message Edited by PhyllisJ on 04-26-2008 01:39 PM
Phyllis
Frequent Contributor
Vampyre
0 Kudos

I've done that before.  I hate when that happens. 
V^^^^V
Wordsmith
PhyllisJ
0 Kudos

Hi Vampy,

How's are you?  Color me red, I am so embrassed, I was looking for my book when I got home last night and I missed Moonlight, but I did record it on my Tivo, so I will watch it today.  I stopped at a Barnes and Noble before I came home and I took it out of my purse, I didn't want them to think I stashed a book in my purse.  :smileywink:
Phyllis
Frequent Contributor
Vampyre
0 Kudos

Well I would but they don't have any crayons on this board.  Lucky me has no purse to worry about.  to avoid this problem in the future, keep your book receipts and use them for a book mark.

My Dead Witch Walking hard bound edition shipped today.  I'm looking forward to getting it.  I want to send it to the Kiminator for signage.  then I'll read it again.  I plan on getting all of her hard bound editions as they are released, then get them signed.
V^^^^V
Wordsmith
PhyllisJ
0 Kudos

Hi Vampy,
How funny, I had the receipt in the book as a bookmarker, so I would have been safe, in the meantime I am reading Bad Blood by L.A. Banks, and I am still trying to decide if I like it a lot or a little.  I loved Dead Witch Walking.  That is awesome that you are getting Kim's books in hardcover.  :smileyhappy:
Phyllis