Since 1997, you’ve been coming to BarnesandNoble.com to discuss everything from Stephen King to writing to Harry Potter. You’ve made our site more than a place to discover your next book: you’ve made it a community. But like all things internet, BN.com is growing and changing. We've said goodbye to our community message boards—but that doesn’t mean we won’t still be a place for adventurous readers to connect and discover.

Now, you can explore the most exciting new titles (and remember the classics) at the Barnes & Noble Book Blog. Check out conversations with authors like Jeff VanderMeer and Gary Shteyngart at the B&N Review, and browse write-ups of the best in literary fiction. Come to our Facebook page to weigh in on what it means to be a book nerd. Browse digital deals on the NOOK blog, tweet about books with us,or self-publish your latest novella with NOOK Press. And for those of you looking for support for your NOOK, the NOOK Support Forums will still be here.

We will continue to provide you with books that make you turn pages well past midnight, discover new worlds, and reunite with old friends. And we hope that you’ll continue to tell us how you’re doing, what you’re reading, and what books mean to you.

Inspired Contributor
dragonchica

Re: What are you currently reading?

just finished New Amsterdam, starting One Foot in the Grave, next is Ink Exchange
http://www.flickr.com/photos/dragonchica/
New User
Marcy_Jo
0 Kudos

I just finished For a Few Demons More, up next (as soon as the darn bookstore opens tom. morning) is One Foot in the Grave.
www.frostfans.com
Wordsmith
PhyllisJ
0 Kudos

[ Edited ]
I will be right there with you, also- I want to pick up, The Vampires Betrayal by Raven Hart.

Message Edited by PhyllisJ on 04-29-2008 01:20 AM
Phyllis
Contributor
destnd4good

Well I just finished reading Quicksand which was phenomenal I've now moved onto Karen Chance Embrace The Night. Im liking it so far
Contributor
soul2quz
0 Kudos

I am reading the second book, morganville vampires series, Dead Girls Dance. I really liked the first book, and so im just starting out on the second book. I already have the third one ready and waiting to be read. :smileyvery-happy:
I heart Edward Cullen.
Frequent Contributor
amberrenee81
0 Kudos

are the Morganville Vampires series good? has anyone else read them, or at least knows someone who read and liked them?

I tried to read Rachel Caine's first Weatherwarden book, and could not get  into it at all!
Amber
Wordsmith
PhyllisJ
0 Kudos

[ Edited ]
I am currently reading Bad Blood by L.A. Banks and I am halfway through the book, but I am having a hard time sticking to it, I keep putting it down.  Waiting for Halfway to The Garve to get here.  :smileysad:

Message Edited by PhyllisJ on 05-05-2008 10:41 AM
Phyllis
Frequent Contributor
Vampyre
0 Kudos

PhyllisJ wrote:
Hi Vampy,
How funny, I had the receipt in the book as a bookmarker, so I would have been safe, in the meantime I am reading Bad Blood by L.A. Banks, and I am still trying to decide if I like it a lot or a little.  I loved Dead Witch Walking.  That is awesome that you are getting Kim's books in hardcover.  :smileyhappy:

Howdy,

I just sent DWW and ODW off to Kim to be signed.  Today is also special because it's the day I first entered the Hollows, a year ago.  I am about to finish yp Personal Demon and will be starting on Charlain Harris' new book.  It's on it's way here now.  :smileyhappy:

V^^^^V
http://vickipettersson.proboards51.com/index.cgi
http://primatechpaper.yuku.com/
dhaupt
0 Kudos

just finished Iris Johansen's Quicksand, in her continuing Eve Duncan series having ties to her last book Pandora's Daughter which has a strong paranormal focus. She's generally categorized in the romance genre but I think she appeals to a wider audience. But she is a woman author and writes like one (which I prefer). But it's a great read and I would recommend it.
Frequent Contributor
jadering
0 Kudos

amberrenee81 wrote:
are the Morganville Vampires series good? has anyone else read them, or at least knows someone who read and liked them?
I tried to read Rachel Caine's first Weatherwarden book, and could not get into it at all!

I've read the Morganville Vampire series and really enjoyed it thus far. I know another one is coming up some time and I will likely buy that one, too. As for her Weather Warden series, I tried to get into them, and read the first two or three, but I just couldn't get as excited about them as I wanted.
Frequent Contributor
melaniejackson
0 Kudos

I just finished From Dead to Worst and it is my favorite of the Sookie Stackhouse stories (so far). I won't say anything about it yet except that it sure moves the plot along :-).
www.melaniejackson.com
Frequent Contributor
Lynnn36
0 Kudos

I've read and loved everything Rachel Caine puts out. Feast of Fools is the next one coming in the Morganville series. That one comes out sometime this summer.

The weather warden series can be a bit dry, but the plots twist and turn so you never know where they will end up. I'm looking forward to the next one :smileyhappy:

Lynn
Wordsmith
PhyllisJ
0 Kudos

Just finished Halfway to The Grave and Loved it, currently reading, The Vampires Betrayal.
Phyllis
Frequent Contributor
melaniejackson
0 Kudos

I've just started Heart Shaped Box-- not sure if I'll like it. It feels 'literary'. Fun story idea-- a has-been musician who collects memento mori (like a hangman's noose and a signed confession by a witch) has just bought a ghost at an internet auction (like ebay). That should sound funny but is actually rather creepy :-). I mean, no way would I do that.... anyhow, we'll see how it goes. I am also at the start of the Gina Showalter demon book. It's pretty dark so far. And I finsihed the first Abby and Ophelia paranormal mystery. It was fun-- a light quick read.
www.melaniejackson.com
Frequent Contributor
RedB
0 Kudos

Just finished Embrace the Night and The Outlaw Demon Wails

Just (literally) ordered P.N. Elrod's The Vampire Files (compiles the first three books in the series) and Charlaine Harris' From Dead to Worse.

Now I'm trying to decide what to read next. I have Bangkok Tattoo and My Revolutions (both non-UF) from the library so one of those should probably be next. Although I kind of want to read either the second Dexter book or the second Blood book (Blood Trail I think?)
Current book(s): Re-reading the Southern Vampire series.
Santa Olivia
Silk
Wordsmith
PhyllisJ
0 Kudos

I tried to get into Heart Shaped Box, and it isn't a bad book, but I put it aside to come back to later.
Phyllis
Inspired Wordsmith
lilithesque
0 Kudos

As usual, i have quite a few books checked out of the library and went and took my self out to a  book store for mothers day and bought Karen Chances new book.   The books I am reading now are:  Tangeled Webs, The Harliquin, furies of Caldreron, Unquiet Dreams, Dreams from my Father (Obama), Over the Moon, and Titans of Chaos. 

I have pretty much lost interest in Unquiet dreams, am rereading the Harlequin because I am antisipating (tap tap tap) Blood Noir, Titans of Chaos is third in a series and am enjoying it, Furies, I actually havent started but is on the bedside, and there are a couple in my car I read when I am out and about, but I cant think of them.  I checked out over the moon just cause I LOVE Sunny's writing.  I also have the latest book in the Dhampire series, but am having a heck of a time getting into it.  Sometimes that happens when I wait too long between books in a series. 

Lily
Dude, Where's my book!
Wordsmith
PhyllisJ
0 Kudos

[ Edited ]
Currently reading Servant The Awakening by L.L. Foster.  I lost interest in UnQuiet Dreams quickly, have to go back and try reading it some other time.  :smileyhappy:

Message Edited by PhyllisJ on 05-12-2008 02:02 PM
Phyllis
Inspired Wordsmith
LordRuthven
0 Kudos

[ Edited ]

melaniejackson wrote:
I've just started Heart Shaped Box-- not sure if I'll like it.

I started this back when it came out but had to return it to the library after I read 100 pages. I liked it and plan on reading the whole book someday. Unfortunately, it suffers from Lousy Depiction of Goths Syndrome like many other books. But that was offset by an interesting concept and solid writing.

Message Edited by LordRuthven on 05-12-2008 06:53 PM
Derek Tatum
Correspondent
kitkat3ny
0 Kudos

Current- Happy Hour of the Damned, Mark Henry.  It is so funny.