Frequent Contributor
Katie983
0 Kudos

Re: What are you currently reading?

I just finished "Blood Bound", the second book in Patricia Briggs' Mercy Thompson series. I have to admit, its hard to keep up with characters that are that complex, but then again, isn't that what human nature is really all about? That we keep going back and forth between one feeling to the next and then back again without ever really settling for one thing or the other?
“When I was your age, television was called books.”
― William Goldman, The Princess Bride

"There is no mistaking a real book when one meets it. It's like falling in love." -- Christopher Morley
Wordsmith
PhyllisJ
0 Kudos

I enjoyed Blood Bound and as soon as I read your post, I realized that I have Iron Kissed in my TBR pile, along with 20,000 other books.  :smileywink:  Not really that many, but a lot. 
Phyllis
Distinguished Bibliophile
TiggerBear
0 Kudos

Well you have something to look forward to, that series gets better with each book.
Wordsmith
PhyllisJ
0 Kudos

Thanks, I have enjoyed reading the first, three books in the series, so I am sure I will like the latest one.  I just can't believe it has been sitting in my TBR pile all of this time.  :smileyhappy:
Phyllis
Frequent Contributor
Katie983
0 Kudos

Oh, I hear ya. I call that my "Katie, you have to read this" stack. Mostly because a lot of them were given to me by friends and the conversation always started out, "Katie, you have to read this..."

"There is no mistaking a real book when one meets it. It's like falling in love." -- Christopher Morley
Wordsmith
PhyllisJ
0 Kudos

Oh, that's cute, I noticed you said you are a big fan of the Anita Blake/Merry Gentry Series, they are new to me.  I just got the book 1-4 in the Anita Blake series and the first two of the Merry Gentry Series. 
Phyllis
Frequent Contributor
Katie983
0 Kudos

They are very good books and they read fast...you just can't put them down. What kind of sets people off with both series is that it leans towards more of the romantic side of vampires, werewolves, fae, etc. and there is lots of sex in the books....well, guess what you mean by lots. But if that doesn't bother you then they are a definite must read. I

Wordsmith
PhyllisJ
0 Kudos

Hi,

I noticed that in a lot of posts, people mention the sex a lot, they either think they is to much, or it doesn't bother them.  If I remember correctly, I think I read that in the first, four Anita Blake books, there isn't that much sex.  I am looking forward to reading them.  :smileyhappy:
Phyllis
Frequent Contributor
melaniejackson
0 Kudos

Finshed Iron Kissed (Briggs) and it was good. If it's in the tbr, I'd move it up. Also really liked the last Kitty book (I was worried about her turning wimpy but it was okay :-). Last night I wrapped up the sixth Nightside book by Simon Green-- good, but not what I was in the mood for. In fact, the whole tbr seems to be full of books I am only so-so enthused about. Unfortunately, my next gotta-read-it-or-die titles don't come out to July. And I have to wait even longer for Faefever....
www.melaniejackson.com
Wordsmith
PhyllisJ
0 Kudos

Oh, Faefever, I can't wait either.  Before I move up Iron Kissed, I want to read The Wolfman by Nicholas Pekearo.  I plan on starting it sometime later today.  I moved Iron Kissed up in my TBR pile so it doesn't get lost in the shuffle again.  :smileyhappy:
Phyllis
Frequent Contributor
Katie983
0 Kudos

Well it does get progressively raunchy with each book, but if you don't mind that sort of thing then they're really good. It isn't one minute you read one book with a little romance and then the next minute you're completely overwhelmed with sex in the next book. Each book gives you at least a little bit more; it doesn't take up the whole book/series (except for maybe Micah) but it is definitely apart of it.

Wordsmith
PhyllisJ
0 Kudos

Hi Katie,

As soon as I finish The Wolfman, and then Iron Kissed, I am going to start the Anita Blake series, I am looking forward to reading this series.  :smileyhappy:
Phyllis
Frequent Contributor
Katie983
0 Kudos

Happy reading Phyllis!

dhaupt
0 Kudos

PhyllisJ wrote:
Oh, Faefever, I can't wait either.  Before I move up Iron Kissed, I want to read The Wolfman by Nicholas Pekearo.  I plan on starting it sometime later today.  I moved Iron Kissed up in my TBR pile so it doesn't get lost in the shuffle again.  :smileyhappy:

I too am anxiously waiting Faefever, love the series. Have you read her Highlander series? It's mostly paranormal romance but like I always say there's nothing better than a braw Highlander.
Wordsmith
PhyllisJ
0 Kudos

Debbie wrote--I too am anxiously waiting Faefever, love the series. Have you read her Highlander series? It's mostly paranormal romance but like I always say there's nothing better than a braw Highlander

Hi Debbie,  I read the entire Highlander Series and loved them, I was going to re-read them, but I just haven't had the time, to many new books to read.  :smileyhappy:

Phyllis
Contributor
AndyRa
0 Kudos

I am reading "Thirteen Moons" by Charels Frazier.
........so far so good.

Andy
Wordsmith
PhyllisJ
0 Kudos

I am reading Guilty Pleasures by Laurell K. Hamilton, just started it, on Chapter 14, I am enjoying it.  :smileyhappy:
Phyllis
Frequent Contributor
Cemetery-Cat

PhyllisJ wrote:
I am reading Guilty Pleasures by Laurell K. Hamilton, just started it, on Chapter 14, I am enjoying it.  :smileyhappy:

Wow I am actually not reading anything right now.. I think I am going to pick up  Personal Demons today.
Synde
eenie meanie chili beanie..the spirits are about to speak...
Wordsmith
PhyllisJ

I have Personal Demons in my TBR pile, maybe I should have read it before I started Guilty Pleasures.  :smileyhappy:
Phyllis
New User
katherine5062
0 Kudos

just completed a group of books by Tess Gerritsen. None of the books immediatley related to eachother, these though have a progression of characters that i enjoyed. The Surgeon and The Apprentice are related and the first plot is carried on to the next book. the rest: Body Double, The Sinner, Vanish, The Mephisto Club, and The Bone Garden. All have the same characters, though not related. Gives you the feeling of a series, yet always throwing completely new stories at you. These have to be the best books i have ever read so far.