Since 1997, you’ve been coming to BarnesandNoble.com to discuss everything from Stephen King to writing to Harry Potter. You’ve made our site more than a place to discover your next book: you’ve made it a community. But like all things internet, BN.com is growing and changing. We've said goodbye to our community message boards—but that doesn’t mean we won’t still be a place for adventurous readers to connect and discover.

Now, you can explore the most exciting new titles (and remember the classics) at the Barnes & Noble Book Blog. Check out conversations with authors like Jeff VanderMeer and Gary Shteyngart at the B&N Review, and browse write-ups of the best in literary fiction. Come to our Facebook page to weigh in on what it means to be a book nerd. Browse digital deals on the NOOK blog, tweet about books with us,or self-publish your latest novella with NOOK Press. And for those of you looking for support for your NOOK, the NOOK Support Forums will still be here.

We will continue to provide you with books that make you turn pages well past midnight, discover new worlds, and reunite with old friends. And we hope that you’ll continue to tell us how you’re doing, what you’re reading, and what books mean to you.

Frequent Contributor
Cemetery-Cat
0 Kudos

Re: What are you currently reading?

PhyllisJ wrote:
I have Personal Demons in my TBR pile, maybe I should have read it before I started Guilty Pleasures.  :smileyhappy:

I adore Stacia as a person and Mark Henry reccomended it to me.. So that is good enough for me.
Synde
 Hey Phyllis do you know about the league of reluctant adults?
you should check it out.
Synde

eenie meanie chili beanie..the spirits are about to speak...
Frequent Contributor
LadyMercury
0 Kudos

I'm currently rereading Incubus Dreams by Laurell K. Hamilton.
Wordsmith
PhyllisJ
0 Kudos

Synde wrote--
I adore Stacia as a person and Mark Henry reccomended it to me.. So that is good enough for me.
Synde
 Hey Phyllis do you know about the league of reluctant adults?
you should check it out.

Hi Synde,

Thanks for sharing that, I love it.  I will be visiting often.  :smileywink:

Phyllis
Inspired Bibliophile
Nelsmom
0 Kudos

I just got Stacia's book Personal Demon today and I'm going to have to bookmark that site so I can go back frequently.  It is very confusing when they put out two books with the same name but two different authors.  I also got Vicki's book in my order today.  So I have plenty to read for the next few days.  Especially since I just couldn't seem to put down The Host till I finished it.

Toni
Toni L. Chapman
Everyone needs some Tender Loving Care
Inspired Contributor
dragonchica
0 Kudos

I just finished The Bone Key, and starting Infected which is a sci-fi I believe and I've heard nothing but good things about it.
http://www.flickr.com/photos/dragonchica/
Wordsmith
PhyllisJ
0 Kudos

Toni wrote--
I just got Stacia's book Personal Demon today and I'm going to have to bookmark that site so I can go back frequently.  It is very confusing when they put out two books with the same name but two different authors.  I also got Vicki's book in my order today.  So I have plenty to read for the next few days.  Especially since I just couldn't seem to put down The Host till I finished it.

Hi Toni,

How did you like The Host?  I just got it today, but I had started reading Guilty Pleasures already.  I agree about the two books, Personal Demon and Personal Demons, one by Kelly Armstrong and one by Stacia, but I have both of them in my TBR pile.  :smileyhappy:  I also have the first four books in the Anita Blake series to read, so I have a lot of books to keep me busy along with life.  :smileywink:

I want to read The Host next, it is our featured title for June, so I want to get a head start.

Phyllis
Wordsmith
PhyllisJ
0 Kudos

dragonchica wrote--
I just finished The Bone Key, and starting Infected which is a sci-fi I believe and I've heard nothing but good things about it.

Hi,

I looked up the reviews for Infected, sounds good, creepy.  Enjoy it, let me know how you like it.  :smileyhappy:
Phyllis
Inspired Bibliophile
Nelsmom
0 Kudos

Phyllis,

I really liked The Host but that is all I'm going to say except that don't look at it from the Twilight series prospect because it is totally different.  Enjoy.

Toni
Toni L. Chapman
Everyone needs some Tender Loving Care
Wordsmith
PhyllisJ
0 Kudos

Hi Toni,

Okay, Thank you, I will start it as soon as I finish Guilty Pleasures.  :smileyhappy:
Phyllis
Frequent Contributor
Cemetery-Cat
0 Kudos

PhyllisJ wrote:
dragonchica wrote--

Hi,

I looked up the reviews for Infected, sounds good, creepy.  Enjoy it, let me know how you like it.  :smileyhappy:

Infected is quite good. The author Scott Sigler does awesome podcasts too!
Synde
Frequent Contributor
Cemetery-Cat
0 Kudos

Cemetery-Cat wrote:

PhyllisJ wrote:
dragonchica wrote--

did you like the bone key?
Synde
Frequent Contributor
Cemetery-Cat
0 Kudos

Nelsmom wrote:
I just got Stacia's book Personal Demon today and I'm going to have to bookmark that site so I can go back frequently. 

I am glad you guys like the site. It is very fun and often filled with great contests. See ya all there!
Synde
Inspired Contributor
dragonchica
0 Kudos

did you like the bone key?
Synde

I really did, it wasn't something that i'd usually read, but i'm really glad i did.  The main character is so "funny", i don't know how else to put that, but he really "makes" the book.  hope you like it, if you choose to read it!!
Inspired Contributor
dragonchica
0 Kudos

PhyllisJ wrote:
dragonchica wrote--

Hi,

Will do, i just started it, and already it's creeping me out! also, the way he writes is so good, it's seems like there's a movie playing in my head, great stuff so far!!!
Inspired Contributor
dragonchica
0 Kudos

Just finished Infected which was GREAT, highly recommend it.  Now I'm starting The Wolfman.
Author
JFLewis
0 Kudos

I'm not quite half way through Dead to Me by Anton Strout.  So far, it's great stuff!
"In the end, a friendship between a vampire and a human is like a friendship between a dog and a chicken nugget... the only real question is how many bites it will take." - Staked by J. F. Lewis
---
My Books: Staked, ReVamped, CrossedBurned, My Blog: WTF, My Website: Author At Large
Wordsmith
PhyllisJ
0 Kudos

Currently reading The Laughing Corpse, trying to catch up on The Anita Blake Series.
Phyllis
Inspired Wordsmith
LordRuthven
0 Kudos

I am probably going to read "The Bottoms" by Joe Lansdale next.
Derek Tatum
Contributor
shoanudd44
0 Kudos

I just finished reading Iron Kissed by Patricia Briggs.  It's really good.  I'm about to start Laughing Corpse

Yvonne
Yvonne
Inspired Contributor
dragonchica
0 Kudos

Finished The Wolfman by Nicholas Pekearo, re-reading The Harlequin by LKH before Blood Noir.