Since 1997, you’ve been coming to BarnesandNoble.com to discuss everything from Stephen King to writing to Harry Potter. You’ve made our site more than a place to discover your next book: you’ve made it a community. But like all things internet, BN.com is growing and changing. We've said goodbye to our community message boards—but that doesn’t mean we won’t still be a place for adventurous readers to connect and discover.

Now, you can explore the most exciting new titles (and remember the classics) at the Barnes & Noble Book Blog. Check out conversations with authors like Jeff VanderMeer and Gary Shteyngart at the B&N Review, and browse write-ups of the best in literary fiction. Come to our Facebook page to weigh in on what it means to be a book nerd. Browse digital deals on the NOOK blog, tweet about books with us,or self-publish your latest novella with NOOK Press. And for those of you looking for support for your NOOK, the NOOK Support Forums will still be here.

We will continue to provide you with books that make you turn pages well past midnight, discover new worlds, and reunite with old friends. And we hope that you’ll continue to tell us how you’re doing, what you’re reading, and what books mean to you.

Inspired Bibliophile
Nelsmom
0 Kudos

Re: What are you currently reading?

Finally was able to get Odd Thomas by Dean  Koontz and got Forever Odd and Brother Odd so those are the ones I'm reading right now.  I have finished the Host and am looking forward to the discussion next month.

Toni
Toni L. Chapman
Everyone needs some Tender Loving Care
Author
JFLewis
0 Kudos

Finished Dead To Me last night.  REALLY enjoyed it.  I started reading Personal Demons by Stacia after I got my writing done for the night.  I only made it to chapter six, but I like her writing style and my interest is definitely piqued.
"In the end, a friendship between a vampire and a human is like a friendship between a dog and a chicken nugget... the only real question is how many bites it will take." - Staked by J. F. Lewis
---
My Books: Staked, ReVamped, CrossedBurned, My Blog: WTF, My Website: Author At Large
Correspondent
kitkat3ny
0 Kudos

Currently reading Poison Sleep by T.A. Pratt
Frequent Contributor
Cemetery-Cat
0 Kudos

kitkat3ny wrote:
Currently reading Poison Sleep by T.A. Pratt

loved that  book!
Just started Blood Noir.
Synde
eenie meanie chili beanie..the spirits are about to speak...
Inspired Bibliophile
Nelsmom
0 Kudos

I just could not get passed the first five chapters in Odd Thomas and my copy of Blood Noir arrived today so I am going to read that and then maybe try Odd Thomas again.  I just  may not get into it.  I admit that Dean Koontz is not one of my favorite authors.

Toni
Toni L. Chapman
Everyone needs some Tender Loving Care
Frequent Contributor
Cemetery-Cat
0 Kudos

Nelsmom wrote:
I just could not get passed the first five chapters in Odd Thomas and my copy of Blood Noir arrived today so I am going to read that and then maybe try Odd Thomas again.  I just  may not get into it.  I admit that Dean Koontz is not one of my favorite authors.

Toni

Toni-send me a Pm on what you think about this. I don't want to spoil for others. I am about halfway t hrouh and would love to discuss with someone.
Synde
eenie meanie chili beanie..the spirits are about to speak...
Wordsmith
Chomp
0 Kudos

I am almost 100 pages into Blood Noir and am enjoying it so far. Up next will be The Host, so I won't have to lug that massive tome with me on vacation. :smileyvery-happy:

Carol
So many books, so little time...
Wordsmith
PhyllisJ
0 Kudos

Finished "The Laughing Corpse", started "Circus of the Damned" - also going to start "The Host"
Phyllis
Inspired Contributor
dragonchica
0 Kudos

Just finished Blood Noir, about to start the original Dracula!
http://www.flickr.com/photos/dragonchica/
dhaupt

dragonchica wrote:
Just finished Blood Noir, about to start the original Dracula!

You mean Bram Stoker's? I really liked that book, I read it to more enjoy The Historian.
let us know if you liked it.
dhaupt
0 Kudos

I just finished reading Susan Squires The Hunger, on the cover it's described as a sensual vampire novel, and that it was. It's the second in her vampire series starting with The Companion.
When I read The Companion I had a hard time of it at first because Ms. Squires dedicates a lot of her writing in the style of the time the novel was set in which was the early 1800's. But once I got over that I really enjoyed the book enough to pick up the next one The Hunger. There is a lot of action, suspense and yes it is a sensual vampire novel. So those of you who like that sort of read will enjoy this. Also you don't have to read the first book to enjoy the second.
Wordsmith
PhyllisJ
0 Kudos

Just finished La Vida Vampire and I enjoyed it, going back to reading "The Host"
Phyllis
Frequent Contributor
iloveloveloveedward
0 Kudos

Im reading the Ink Exchange by Melissa Marr.
**DLN**
Inspired Wordsmith
LordRuthven
0 Kudos

I am almost done with Joe Lansdale's "The Bottoms" - a blistering look at racism in '30's Texas wrapped up in a serial killer tale.
Derek Tatum
Wordsmith
Chomp
0 Kudos

I just finished Blood Noir.
So many books, so little time...
Inspired Wordsmith
LordRuthven
0 Kudos

LordRuthven wrote:
I am almost done with Joe Lansdale's "The Bottoms" - a blistering look at racism in '30's Texas wrapped up in a serial killer tale.

Finished. Great novel. It's not fantasy at all, but if you like suspense written by a master storyteller, I highly recommend it.
Derek Tatum
Wordsmith
PhyllisJ
0 Kudos

Currently reading The Host
Phyllis
Frequent Contributor
Mizz1parker
0 Kudos

I just finished  A night huntress novel by Jeaniene Frost, I loved both books Halfway to the grave and One foot in the Grave, Wow I am in love with Bones...he sounds Hawt.. And Cat is a bad*** always kicking but and stabbing vamps.. the books is over all exciting and keeps you entertained through out the whole thing, and the ending of One Foot in the Grave it great.. I really hope there is another one in this series.. I cant wait to see them too work out.. :smileytongue:
Frequent Contributor
Mizz1parker
0 Kudos

PhyllisJ wrote:
Currently reading The Host

R you liking the Host??? I started to read it but couldn't get into it.. Just wandering if it gets better..

I

Frequent Contributor
Mizz1parker
0 Kudos

PhyllisJ wrote:
Just finished La Vida Vampire and I enjoyed it, going back to reading "The Host"

was this book good>