Since 1997, you’ve been coming to BarnesandNoble.com to discuss everything from Stephen King to writing to Harry Potter. You’ve made our site more than a place to discover your next book: you’ve made it a community. But like all things internet, BN.com is growing and changing. We've said goodbye to our community message boards—but that doesn’t mean we won’t still be a place for adventurous readers to connect and discover.

Now, you can explore the most exciting new titles (and remember the classics) at the Barnes & Noble Book Blog. Check out conversations with authors like Jeff VanderMeer and Gary Shteyngart at the B&N Review, and browse write-ups of the best in literary fiction. Come to our Facebook page to weigh in on what it means to be a book nerd. Browse digital deals on the NOOK blog, tweet about books with us,or self-publish your latest novella with NOOK Press. And for those of you looking for support for your NOOK, the NOOK Support Forums will still be here.

We will continue to provide you with books that make you turn pages well past midnight, discover new worlds, and reunite with old friends. And we hope that you’ll continue to tell us how you’re doing, what you’re reading, and what books mean to you.

Distinguished Wordsmith
jgmme

Re: You know your a bookaholic when..........

when you come home from vacation with more books than when you left.

(and boy, was my hubby not happy)

Jo

shhhhh....I'm reading.
Inspired Wordsmith
kimba88

jgmme wrote:

when you come home from vacation with more books than when you left.

(and boy, was my hubby not happy)

Fortunately for me jgmme my hubby's passion for music equals my passion for books. We have a fully loaded deluxe caddy's worth of cd's in my home!  So i always say..i won't talk about your car if you won't talk about mine!! lol

Distinguished Correspondent
Whitecat5000

.....You have a purse that fits one hardback, two paperbacks, a reserve book (just in case something happens to the other three).

Inspired Wordsmith
MADIS

...When you are not only on a first name basis with much of the B&N staff, but they know your husband, most of your friends and family, even in-laws, because they have all been into the store with you on a number of occasions.

...When the B&N staff remove a display with sharks on it from the store because they know you are petrified of them.  And also, continue to stop you at the doorway of the DVD section until they can turn around any offending shark DVD's when they are on display.

...When you have additional bookshelves designed, built, and ready to be installed for when you fill up the newly constructed full wall, floor to ceiling book shelf in you dining room.  This is, of course, is just an addition to all of the other bookshelves already full in the house. I only have 900 sqft.  You have to be inventive and plan ahead!

...When you tell your husband about "your day" and it consists solely of a description of the book you are reading as if you are talking about a friend.  This has caused much confusion in the passed as he starts asking me questions like, "Which friend is this?"  Mummy...

...When you read a posting that says "You know your a backcloth when...." and you can identify with almost everything being said and you think to yourself;  "Damn! These are my peps!"

...When talking about Paul and his recommendation has become an addiction in itself!

Scribe
SciFiCanuck

LMAO!  A thread just for me!

Hmmmm...I have a whole book shelf, plus about 50 stacked on top....some TBR's on the "read" bookshelf, as well as a bunch now piled on my desk because I have no more room for my 400+ TBR pile of books!  LOL

Oh and I have a 25 page Word document with my read books, TBR, Wish list, new releases, etc...  :-)

For me it's the Tim Hortons line up, I take my book with me for the 5-10 minute wait to get my morning coffee!

My name is Teresa, and I'm a bookaholic
Current book(s): Labyrinth of Stars (Hunter Kiss #5) by Marjorie M. Liu
Just finished: The Undead Pool by Kim Harrison (The Hollows #12)
paulgoatallen

MADIS wrote:...
When talking about Paul and his recommendations has become an addiction in itself!

Now that just made my year. Thank you!!!!!!!!! :smileyhappy:

"There never can be a man so lost as one who is lost in the vast and intricate corridors of his own lonely mind, where none may reach and none may save..." – Isaac Asimov, Pebble in the Sky
Distinguished Wordsmith
jgmme

when you get a new ipod touch and the 1st thing you download is the nook app.

Jo

shhhhh....I'm reading.
Wordsmith
3monstersmom

Re: You know your a backcloth when..........

When you have redone your whole schedule around a books release date.

When you have release dates on your calendar like they were family member's birthdays.

When you use the term 'Pulling an All Nighter' in reference to reading all night.

If you have actually debated the importance of sleeping vs reading.

Distinguished Wordsmith
jgmme

Re: You know your a backcloth when..........

when your idea for a diet is skipping a meal to read!

Jo

shhhhh....I'm reading.
Author
Zkullis

[ Edited ]

jgmme, I was thinking along the same lines that you were.

When your most successful diet involves you spending ALL of your food budget on the 12 latest novels on your "must read" list.

Smite the Damned. http://search.barnesandnoble.com/Smite-The-Damned/Zack-Kullis/e/2940012784445 The sequel, Realm Crossing, to be released soon.
Inspired Wordsmith
MADIS

3monstersmom wrote:

When you have redone your whole schedule around a books release date.

When you have release dates on your calendar like they were family member's birthdays.

When you use the term 'Pulling an All Nighter' in reference to reading all night.

If you have actually debated the importance of sleeping vs reading.

These are absolutely necessary items!  And the addition of:

When you pick you planner based on whether or not each month has a prominent section that will allow you to put release dates in.  I do not want them to get jumbled in with my meetings.  To big of a chance of losing them then.

Inspired Contributor
Yonina_Dove

I'm so glad i'm not the only one!!! I don't even HAVE cable. We only have netflix so my husband doesn't go crazy!

“I like nonsense, it wakes up the brain cells. Fantasy is a necessary ingredient in living, It's a way of looking at life through the wrong end of a telescope. Which is what I do, And that enables me to laugh at life's realities.”
Wordsmith
3monstersmom

This is probably one I shouldn't admit to, but....

When you have been so consumed by a book (or even a whole series of them) that you faked being sick in order to stay in bed and read in peace.  

NO ONE TELL MY HUSBAND ABOUT THIS!  I might need to do it again....

Distinguished Wordsmith
jgmme

3monstersmom wrote:

When you have been so consumed by a book (or even a whole series of them) that you faked being sick in order to stay in bed and read in peace.  

LOL...............yea, I have done that a time or two.

And I wont tell yours if you don't tell mine.:smileywink:

Jo

shhhhh....I'm reading.
Inspired Wordsmith
MADIS

jgmme wrote:

3monstersmom wrote:

[cough, cough]  I have never [sneeze] done something like that [sigh]! :smileywink:

Inspired Wordsmith
FaeryQueen

MADIS wrote:

jgmme wrote:

3monstersmom wrote:

[cough, cough]  I have never [sneeze] done something like that [sigh]! :smileywink:

I am so glad I'm not the only one!!  If I'm ever "sick" on a Wednesday, no need to ask why.

....you schedule vacation just so you can have a few days of uninterrupted reading time.

....you just sit and gaze at all the pretty books on your bookshelves while deciding what to read next.

Wordsmith
3monstersmom

FaeryQueen wrote:

....you just sit and gaze at all the pretty books on your bookshelves while deciding what to read next.

This is a pre-bed ritual for me!  It's sad how deep the addiction is.

Distinguished Wordsmith
angelcloud529

You know your a bookaholic when..........

you have a kindle

oh wait and.....

the kindle app for your 2 computers (laptop and desktop)

the kindle app for your phone

the kindle app for your ipod touch

...too bad I don't have an ipad! :smileyhappy:  I'm pretty sure if I could get the kindle app for my GPS I would! 

Too much? Nah...

HELP! I've fallen and can't reach my book!!!!
Distinguished Wordsmith
jgmme

angelcloud529 wrote:

You know your a bookaholic when..........

you have a kindle

oh wait and.....

the kindle app for your 2 computers (laptop and desktop)

the kindle app for your phone

the kindle app for your ipod touch

...too bad I don't have an ipad! :smileyhappy:  I'm pretty sure if I could get the kindle app for my GPS I would! 

Too much? Nah...

Ok, get this one....

.......when you have a nook color and have the nook app on

your computer,

phone

ipod,

but you also have the kindle app on all the above too, and buy books on both.

Jo

shhhhh....I'm reading.
Reader
Triton3122

You will allow your friends to borrow your books, but provide them with a list of do and do not's!!

. . . . do not bend the pages down to mark your place!

. . . . do use a bookmark!

. . . . do not use a bookmark that will scratch up or rip the pages!

. . . . do take the cover off of my hardback book!!

. . . . do not let anyone else borrow it!

. . . . do bring it back better than when you borrowed it!