Distinguished Wordsmith
jgmme

Re: You know your a bookaholic when..........

when you give your husband a better "thank you" for the B&N gift card he got you for Christmas this year than you did for the diamond earrings he got you last year.

Jo

shhhhh....I'm reading.
Frequent Contributor
0198lilly

You know your a bookaholic when...your family asks you something and your reply always has atleast a 30sec lapse (sometimes with and sometimes without eye contact)-enough time to finish the line your reading.

Wordsmith
Intrigued_by_Romance

When you have the ability to multitask- and can read more than one book at a time; and be able to know what is happening in each book.

When you are currently reading a book your into, and your local library informs you; your book on hold is ready to be checked out.  You can't put the book down, but you really want to read the book from the library (since you only have a certain amount of time to read it).

When you have more than one B&N account and more than one Nook; so you can keep all the books you have so you don't blow up your Nook.

Inspired Contributor
Yonina_Dove

All my books are in genre order as well as author last name within the genre...

I have an excel spreadsheet that has all my books listed, along with a wish list...

When you budget money so you can stock up on books.

Whenever I get a gift card (just a regular one...not to a particular store unless its barnes & noble) the first thing I do is go through my wishlist and pick a day to go visit said BN....

“I like nonsense, it wakes up the brain cells. Fantasy is a necessary ingredient in living, It's a way of looking at life through the wrong end of a telescope. Which is what I do, And that enables me to laugh at life's realities.”
Distinguished Wordsmith
jgmme
0 Kudos

when you use paper plates for dinner so you spend less time cleaning dishes and more time reading.

Jo

shhhhh....I'm reading.
Distinguished Wordsmith
jgmme

when you go to the gym to work out and realize that you can prop up your nook on the bike and read while you work out!!!!  This has  helped to incress my work out!

Jo

shhhhh....I'm reading.
Scribe
SciFiCanuck

Unfortunately we have new "distracted driving" law in effect here...can't read at the red lights any more or while you're stuck in traffic...   :-(  Nuts.

My name is Teresa, and I'm a bookaholic
Current book(s): The Undead Pool by Kim Harrison (The Hollows #12)
Just finished: Black Arts by Faith Hunter (Jane Yellowrock #7)
Wordsmith
ThirstyFlea
0 Kudos

SciFiCanuck wrote:

Unfortunately we have new "distracted driving" law in effect here...can't read at the red lights any more or while you're stuck in traffic...   :-(  Nuts.

Good thing I don't live there then! Although I'm sure there are similar laws here... I totally read while driving (ok, creeping along) in traffic. I have great peripheral vision :smileywink: and it's totally worth it! 

A book is a loaded gun in the house next door... Who knows who might be the target of the well-read man? ~ Ray Bradbury, Fahrenheit 451
Inspired Wordsmith
MADIS
0 Kudos

ThirstyFlea wrote:

SciFiCanuck wrote:

Good thing I don't live there then! Although I'm sure there are similar laws here... I totally read while driving (ok, creeping along) in traffic. I have great peripheral vision :smileywink: and it's totally worth it! 

I never thought I would be jealous of people who have a long drive to work.

Inspired Contributor
havenwynters

When your friends "intervene" and send you to a psychiatrist so they can prescribe meds for you because of your unhealthy obssession with color coding your books and scanning the new releases section every two seconds.

paulgoatallen
0 Kudos

havenwynters wrote:

When your friends "intervene" and send you to a psychiatrist so they can prescribe meds for you because of your unhealthy obssession with color coding your books and scanning the new releases section every two seconds.

Ha! Haven't done that yet but now that you mention it.... that could be a great idea!!!   :smileyhappy:

"There never can be a man so lost as one who is lost in the vast and intricate corridors of his own lonely mind, where none may reach and none may save..." – Isaac Asimov, Pebble in the Sky