Since 1997, you’ve been coming to BarnesandNoble.com to discuss everything from Stephen King to writing to Harry Potter. You’ve made our site more than a place to discover your next book: you’ve made it a community. But like all things internet, BN.com is growing and changing. We've said goodbye to our community message boards—but that doesn’t mean we won’t still be a place for adventurous readers to connect and discover.

Now, you can explore the most exciting new titles (and remember the classics) at the Barnes & Noble Book Blog. Check out conversations with authors like Jeff VanderMeer and Gary Shteyngart at the B&N Review, and browse write-ups of the best in literary fiction. Come to our Facebook page to weigh in on what it means to be a book nerd. Browse digital deals on the NOOK blog, tweet about books with us,or self-publish your latest novella with NOOK Press. And for those of you looking for support for your NOOK, the NOOK Support Forums will still be here.

We will continue to provide you with books that make you turn pages well past midnight, discover new worlds, and reunite with old friends. And we hope that you’ll continue to tell us how you’re doing, what you’re reading, and what books mean to you.

Frequent Contributor
BK201
0 Kudos

Zombie Survival Horror: Here's to another 10 Years of realizing your Nightmares

[ Edited ]

The past ten years have proven to be the great comeback decade of the zombie films.

Almost as if Hollywood decided to forgive and forget the not-so-graceful burnout of the infamous genre during the late 1980s, a decisive reboot of Romero’s legacy was inevitable.

The first Resident Evil movie in 2002 spawned a series of zombie-related films released to satiate the hunger of millions of survival-horror fans the world over. 

But what about in comics?

AMC’s major hit TV miniseries, The Walking Dead, propelled sales of the graphic novels on which it was based to the top of the charts and encouraged comic-book creators nationwide to pick up a shotgun and take aim at their own vision of a zombie-infested apocalypse. 

Appropriately setting the story in 2012, Real Interface Studios released a brand-new, 200-page graphic novel on May 9th that depicted its own zombie-horror twist on the popular upcoming Mayan apocalypse legend.

The violent outbreak, illustrated with gorgeous, manga-style artwork by Jin Song Kim, isn’t started by some mysterious virus this time. Instead the story delves into the consequences of combining man's reckless nature with archeology, which results in an ancient plague being released upon the modern world in Pandora: End of Days Volume #1.

Having already sold more than one thousand copies on Barnes & Nobles and other mobile "bookstore" markets during its first month of publication and soaring to the top five ranking in AMAZON's graphic-novel horror category, this is a must-read for survival-horror and zombie/Apocalypse fans or anyone in need of a great thriller. Additionally, the book also provides instructions on how to enter in a unique Giveaway Contest! 

Official Web site at www.PANDORA-EOD.com

PANDORA End of Days vol. 1 

What are your Zombie / Survival-Horror graphic novel, comics, manga recommendation on the NOOK tablets?

paulgoatallen
0 Kudos

Re: Zombie Survival Horror: Here's to another 10 Years of realizing your Nightmares

Not just films, man – literature! Last year alone produced a freaking bumpercrop of truly classic zombie novels and anthologies! Feed, The Loving Dead, Night of the Living Trekkies, Dust.....just amazing releases.  Here is my "Year's Best" list:

http://bookclubs.barnesandnoble.com/t5/Explorations-The-BN-SciFi-and/The-Best-Zombie-Releases-of-201...

"There never can be a man so lost as one who is lost in the vast and intricate corridors of his own lonely mind, where none may reach and none may save..." – Isaac Asimov, Pebble in the Sky
Inspired Wordsmith
kimba88

Re: Zombie Survival Horror: Here's to another 10 Years of realizing your Nightmares

Paul, if you had told me a year ago, i would be reading zombie books, i would have laughed my arse off..but i love them and think they are here...heck they are everywhere. My son has Call of Duty. He and my hubby love fighting zombies and have bought every package upgrade for the zombies. I do not think they have spent anytime playing the regular game. Red Dead Redemption won the EA video of the year..and it has zombies.

paulgoatallen
0 Kudos

kimba88 wrote:

Paul, if you had told me a year ago, i would be reading zombie books, i would have laughed my arse off..but i love them and think they are here...heck they are everywhere. My son has Call of Duty. He and my hubby love fighting zombies and have bought every package upgrade for the zombies. I do not think they have spent anytime playing the regular game. Red Dead Redemption won the EA video of the year..and it has zombies.

Ha – I had that same reaction a few years back. Now I love (most) zombie fiction...

Paul

"There never can be a man so lost as one who is lost in the vast and intricate corridors of his own lonely mind, where none may reach and none may save..." – Isaac Asimov, Pebble in the Sky