Since 1997, you’ve been coming to BarnesandNoble.com to discuss everything from Stephen King to writing to Harry Potter. You’ve made our site more than a place to discover your next book: you’ve made it a community. But like all things internet, BN.com is growing and changing. We've said goodbye to our community message boards—but that doesn’t mean we won’t still be a place for adventurous readers to connect and discover.

Now, you can explore the most exciting new titles (and remember the classics) at the Barnes & Noble Book Blog. Check out conversations with authors like Jeff VanderMeer and Gary Shteyngart at the B&N Review, and browse write-ups of the best in literary fiction. Come to our Facebook page to weigh in on what it means to be a book nerd. Browse digital deals on the NOOK blog, tweet about books with us,or self-publish your latest novella with NOOK Press. And for those of you looking for support for your NOOK, the NOOK Support Forums will still be here.

We will continue to provide you with books that make you turn pages well past midnight, discover new worlds, and reunite with old friends. And we hope that you’ll continue to tell us how you’re doing, what you’re reading, and what books mean to you.

New User
TaraElizabeth

"Shiver" Have you read this book yet?

I just finished a new book titled Shiver by Maggie Stiefvater. It's now one of my favorite books. It's about a girl named Grace and a werewolf named Sam. This is an incredible book and Maggies writing style is beautiful. The story was so real to me and I immediately fell in love with the characters. This is going to put Twilight out of business it's thatgood. Has anyone else here read it yet? I'm really excited to hear what other people are thinking about it. It's really new (pub August 2009) so I don't know how many people have gotten to it yet.

Oh, somebody please tell me you've read this book!

paulgoatallen
0 Kudos

Re: "Shiver" Have you read this book yet?

TaraElizabeth wrote:

I just finished a new book titled Shiver by Maggie Stiefvater. It's now one of my favorite books. It's about a girl named Grace and a werewolf named Sam. This is an incredible book and Maggies writing style is beautiful. The story was so real to me and I immediately fell in love with the characters. This is going to put Twilight out of business it's thatgood. Has anyone else here read it yet? I'm really excited to hear what other people are thinking about it. It's really new (pub August 2009) so I don't know how many people have gotten to it yet.

Oh, somebody please tell me you've read this book!

Didn't Maggie also write Ballad? Are those two books connected?

Paul

"There never can be a man so lost as one who is lost in the vast and intricate corridors of his own lonely mind, where none may reach and none may save..." – Isaac Asimov, Pebble in the Sky
Frequent Contributor
PamelaKKinneyPK
0 Kudos

I know Maggie, and her Shiver is a great book. I think Ballad is part of her Fairy series. There will be a sequel to Shiver, if I remember right. Film rights to Shiver were optioned, too.  Yay, Maggie!

Pamela K. Kinney
http://FantasticDreams.50megs.com
http://www.myspace.com/PamelaKKinney
http://PamelaKKinney.blogspot.com

Be prepared to take a journey into Pamela K. Kinney's fantastic dreams of horror, science fiction and fantasy, plus the ghosts and legends of two nonfiction ghost book,  Haunted Richmond, Virginia and Haunted Virginia: Legends, Myths and True Tales.

Watch Haunted Richmond Virginia book video on http://www.blazingtrailers.com/show.php?title=268

Pamela K. Kinney is an author of published horror, science fiction, fantasy, horror, poetry, and the nonfiction book, Haunted Richmond, Virginia, published by Schiffer Publishing, along with Haunted Virginia: Legends, Myths and True Tales coming fall 2009 from Schiffer Publishing, too. Using the pseudonym, Sapphire Phelan, she has published erotic and sweet paranormal/fantasy/science fiction romance, along with poetry and couple of erotic horror stories, one, a Lovecraftian novella, Unwitting Sacrifice, published by Under the Moon, now available. She also has done acting on stage and in films, plus is a costumer. Find out more about her at: http://FantasticDreams.50megs.com or at either of her MySpaces: http://www.myspace.com/PamelaKKinney and http://www.myspace.com/SapphirePhelan.
New User
TaraElizabeth
0 Kudos

Yes she wrote those as well. I think they just got rights to make shiver into a movie as well. I havnt read any of her other books but Im going to the store today to pick them up.

New User
TaraElizabeth
0 Kudos

They are not connected. Shiver is a complete new series and she already has a sequel in the works. I think it comes out in 2010.

B&N Bookseller
melissas

I read Shiver a couple of months ago. It is one of the top five books I've read so far this year. The story is quite captivating and it felt very real to me as well. I recommend it to everyone I can at my store, and have gotten 4 of my co-workers to read it, too! I can't wait for the sequel next year; I think it's titled Linger if memory serves me correctly.

Frequent Contributor
CleverTwenty
0 Kudos

I just read this last week. I really enjoyed it. It does compare in certain aspects to Twilight.   I definitely will read the second part of the series when it come out.

Http://cleverlyinked.blogspot.com
New User
TaraElizabeth
0 Kudos

One of my top five as well! I have never read someones fiction that is so poetic. IIt was effortless to read. I don't read books twice very often but Im about to start it again. Have you read her other books? I just finished Lament. It was really good as well!

Contributor
twilighter88
0 Kudos

I read this book back in August i loved it.  The style of her writing is so good.  I cannot wait for the next one to come out next fall.  I read lament the first book in her faerie series it was really good too.

So after when he whispers "you love me. Real or not real?" I tell him, "real."
Scribe
debbook
0 Kudos

I just read this last weekend and loved it. I have Lament from the library but haven't read it yet. I'm starting to get into YA paranormal since reading Hush, Hush for FLBC.

A room without books is like a body without a soul.~ Cicero...
"bookmagic418.blogspot.com