Since 1997, you’ve been coming to BarnesandNoble.com to discuss everything from Stephen King to writing to Harry Potter. You’ve made our site more than a place to discover your next book: you’ve made it a community. But like all things internet, BN.com is growing and changing. We've said goodbye to our community message boards—but that doesn’t mean we won’t still be a place for adventurous readers to connect and discover.

Now, you can explore the most exciting new titles (and remember the classics) at the Barnes & Noble Book Blog. Check out conversations with authors like Jeff VanderMeer and Gary Shteyngart at the B&N Review, and browse write-ups of the best in literary fiction. Come to our Facebook page to weigh in on what it means to be a book nerd. Browse digital deals on the NOOK blog, tweet about books with us,or self-publish your latest novella with NOOK Press. And for those of you looking for support for your NOOK, the NOOK Support Forums will still be here.

We will continue to provide you with books that make you turn pages well past midnight, discover new worlds, and reunite with old friends. And we hope that you’ll continue to tell us how you’re doing, what you’re reading, and what books mean to you.

Frequent Contributor
Paranormal77

Rachel Vincent

Ok, I have another good author for you.  Her name is Rachel Vincent.  She is more of an adult author, but she recently came out with a teen book, My Soul To Take.  I had recently read Prey and tried the teen book out.  Loved it! It is different though.  It is about Kaylee a typical high schooler or so we think.  She has this awful feeling when she realizes who is going to die.  It is enough for her to scream.  How scary is it for a teen to know exactly who is the next person to die?  Well this novel includes many elements that keeps the reader guessing as to whats really going on.  Give it a try, I think you may like it.  Her other books are about a pride of werecats.  She is quite a witty author, and I cant wait for her next book to come out in either series. 

My Soul to Take

Rogue

Stray

Pride

Prey

~Paranormal 77
"When you have eliminated the impossible, whatever remains, however improbable, must be the truth" - Sherlock Homes
New User
amber-rees
0 Kudos

Re: vampire/werewolf books!!!

hi

i know of a really good book series by Patricia Briggs the first book is "Moon Called" it has everything you want in a fantasy werewolf/vampire book the  main character is Mery Thompson and she is a walker or shapeshifter. the second book is "Blood Bound" the third is "Iron Kisses" and the fourth is "Bone Crossed". Patricia Briggs is coming out with the fifth book on the 30th of this month and she also has another book series about werewolves about a side character in the mercy thompson series  its called Alph and Omega and the first short stiory is in "On The Prowel" then its "Cry Wolf" and "Hunting Ground". i would recomend reading the mercy thompson series first then the alph and omega series after that.

Contributor
ScarletRibbons
0 Kudos

I like Kim Harrison a lot.  I recently read one from Marta Acosta that I enjoyed-very funny.  Anne Rice is my personal favorite of all time.  An author named Denise Verrico has a promising first book of a new vampire series.  Linda Robertson has a neat witch series with werewolves and vampires.

New User
aala
0 Kudos

I have read never cry werewolf it was a good book and it is one of a kind it will want you to go to brat camp just so you can have the experience of a life time and to see if it will work for you to find a werewolf......:smileyhappy:

Distinguished Bibliophile
dalnewt

[ Edited ]

Some of these have undoubtably been mentioned earlier, but I consider the following to be borderline appropriate for a teen:

Shiver I haven't read this romantic werewolf YA fiction but it looks like the kind of book you may be interested in.

Wolf Island (The Demonata Series #8) This is just one of the many book in this ongoing 'Demonata' series by Darren Shan which features demons, werewolves and other semi-supernatural beings. He also wrote an excellent vampire series which has been mentioned before and is called the 'Cirque du Freak' series.

The Silver Wolf This is an excellent historical/supernatural adult fiction about werewolves in a slowly deteriorating Ancient Rome. It does feature a romance, but to me adventure, growth and acceptance was the main themes of the tale. Further, the romance is sorta kept on a PG rating, in any case there's marriage involved. Two other books followed up entitled: The Wolf King and Night of the Wolf, and I enjoyed both which were also set in ancient times.  

The Accidental Werewolf Adult werewolf fiction with an emphasis on comedy. More of a chick read but moderately funny.

The Wolfman As suggested by Paul, this book is really good. Its told from the perspective of a very complex and sympathetic man who turns into an invincible, ravening beast every full moon. This is a great choice for anyone who likes good fiction and/or who enjoys terrifying horror. 

As mentioned earlier there's also the Kate Daniels series by Illona Andrews. Magic Burns (Kate Daniels Series #2) Magic Bites (Kate Daniels Series #1)Magic Strikes (Kate Daniels Series #3). So far these books are arguably PG rated and feature action plots with different kinds of shifters and other magic users.   

New User
sdent1
0 Kudos

While both of my books have been mentioned here, I'd like to add that you'll most likely not find either in your B&N. Neither will you find many of the best YA vampire/werewolf books in B&N or any other larger bookseller because most of these grand authors publishers don't have the money it takes to compete with large publishing houses. The authors usually end up going the POD route and bookstores won't carry these books.

Just speaking up for those of us who work so hard to get your attention but will never be anywhere but below the radar no matter how many readers enjoy it. :smileywink:

New User
TrillianHarlequin
0 Kudos

Dunno if anyone mentioned it, but I've been reading the Anita Blake Vampire Hunter series by Laurell K. Hamilton. If you choose to pick this up, it'll keep you busy for a while as book 19 just recently came out. its got everything: vampires, necromancing, witches, and shapeshifters of many types of animals. Its amazing really.

There is also the Rachel Morgan series by Kim Harrison. She's a witch that just so happens to live in a church with a live-vampire and a family of Pixies. In this series you've got witches, deamons, vampires, pixies, and werewolves. 8 books as of right now.

Contributor
Tammi_D
0 Kudos

I just started the Black Dagger Brotherhood Series and I'm hooked.  I can't wait till read the rest of them.  I was even debating about buying them in book form just to have them on my shelf!

Contributor
sami23
0 Kudos

The immortal series by: alyson noel

Vampire kisses by :Ellen Schreiber

the house of Night series By:smileytongue:.c. cast+Kristin cast

Inspired Wordsmith
Sovereign_Queen
0 Kudos

Okay, not vampires or Werewolves, but this book is epicly awesome:

Lament

I read this yesterday on the airplane, it is about Weres and probably one of the best Were books I've ever read:

Raised by Wolves

Again, not Vamps or Weres, but it's funny and, well, two words:  Killer Unicorns.

Rampant

~Suzi

New User
NateNG
0 Kudos

OK THE BEST WEREWOLF BOOK I HAVE EVER READ IS ....... Beastly

Read it in 1 1/2 days

New User
PoisonRosess13
0 Kudos

The Mercy Thompson series by: Patricia Briggs was absolutely amazing too you do have to read her books in order to really get the full affect of what she writes.. None the less her books pull you in..The mercy Thompson novels are the best of her work.. I think you should read them

New User
samdunaway1973
0 Kudos

[ Edited ]
New User
alexbeth0115
0 Kudos

Hey, i know some books on vampires and werewolf. they are: shiver by maggie steifvater (werewolf), House of night (vampire), vampire academy (vampire). These are amazing books! And they are love stories. But can anyone tell me if y'all have heard about an author called harris clane or something related to that, coz i read that she has some awesome books on vampires. plz let me know if u know her or her name:smileyhappy:

Inspired Wordsmith
FaeryQueen
0 Kudos

alexbeth0115 wrote:

But can anyone tell me if y'all have heard about an author called harris clane or something related to that, coz i read that she has some awesome books on vampires. plz let me know if u know her or her name:smileyhappy:

Do you mean Charlaine Harris??

Dead until Dark (Sookie Stackhouse / Southern Vampire Series #1) (True Blood)  

New User
Morgenstern
0 Kudos

[ Edited ]

Try this one... It's a modern-day story vampires raising Hell in werewolf territory in Washington and Oregon. The website has the synopsis and excerpts from all four books in the series. 

AVAILABLE HERE

RTC cover final.jpg

TERRITORYBOOKS.COM